Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump - Sports (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump (63060 Views)

Boxer Chukwuemeka Igboanugo Slumps & Dies During National Sports Festival / Thousands Of Liverpool Fans Defy Social Distancing To Celebrate Their Victory / 9 Rich Football Stars Who Drive Cheap Cars: From Messi To N’Golo Kante (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump by mikolo80: 10:58pm On Sep 26, 2017
mpowa:
Who's a Cry baby? What's my business? I'm a Nigerian, just saying things the way I see them...Winning doesn't mean anything if u don't even know how to do the job, all some of you keep saying is he won, he won, as if that's all that matter, Now the guy can't get down to work, still in election mode, still running campaign all over the place, he like the campaign, he doesn't like the Job, he should get down work, he's writing his legacies already and they aren't pretty.
he won
Re: American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump by hoopLA: 7:53am On Sep 27, 2017
Megatrix:

It is unpatriotic to disrespect your national anthem and flag. Any one wit half wit knows that but that doesn't make it illegal.Trump spoke of the act being unpatriotic and not the illegality of it like you claimed. And it is obvious you don't follow the news otherwise you would know that two obamacare repeal and replace bills have been brought up at the capitol. One by Ryan passed the house and failed in the senate, the second graham-cassidy bill was just introduced in the senate but they failed to get the requisite votes to pass it and they already working on a third proposal to repeal O'care so how can you say nothing is being done? Trump has banned immigration from about 7 countries and just added another three countries to the travel ban recently. He also ended the DACA "dreamer" act and a new bill has just been presented to the public to replace it.Trump has also implemented stronger measures against illegal immigrants and the results are already showing. Illegal immigration is down by 46% and arrests of illegal immigrants is up by 28% How can you say nothing is being done? As for tax reforms, it's in the works. A lot of works are going on in both chambers at the Capitol and a tax reform bill will soon be proposed. It has been in the news for long. How on earth can you say nothing is being done? I don't know which planet you have been living in but you can click the links below and get informed on all the facts and figures I just gave you

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/26/tax-reform-gop-retreat-mike-pence-243149

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/8/donald-trumps-illegal-immigration-numbers-show-maj/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/immigration/trump-dreamers-daca-immigration-announcement-n798686

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/25/obamacare-repeal-republicans-budget-243125

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/25/senate-obamacare-debate-cassidy-sanders-243136

http://www.politico.com/interactives/2017/trump-travel-ban-country-list-map/?hi

Stop trying too hard to sound intelligent, abeg. You are way out of your depth, pulling out irrelevant links.

On the issue of disrespecting the flag, I think you don't even know what you are saying.

Is Trump any more patriotic than the players? The same Trump who has abused Senator McCain,a war hero and veteran, saying he was no war-hero for being caught in Vietnam, is now posturing and acting as if he cares for the flag when he has dodged the draft, but on numerous occasions disparaged the men and women,old and young, who fought for and defended the same flag? Or is it the same Trump who blasted the mother of a soldier who died in combat, who happened to be Muslim, that is suddenly a patriot that decides who is and isn't patriotic?
Or are you now going to redefine patriotism for me according to Trump's view?

Does Trump (and by extension, you) know the meaning of being patriotic?

So again I ask the question, and you can stop beating around the bush, considering the First Amendment, how is kneeling during the anthem "unpatriotic", according to scholars like you?

I brought up the "illegal" issue because burning the flag is the highest form of disrespect you can do to your country, but even their Supreme Court says it isn't illegal. So how then does Trump, who says Neo-Nazi protesters are "nice people", but calls black athletes "Sons of B*tches, qualify to define who is and who isn't patriotic, especially if the same "sons of b*tches are only protesting peacefully?

Please sir, TELL ME HOW KNEELING DURING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IS UNPATRIOTIC. Not your dimly-lit view based on your support for Trump.

I doubt if you know what Colin Kaepernick, the originator of these protests said at the start of the protests last year. This is what he said"

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game. "To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder".

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000691077/article/colin-kaepernick-explains-why-he-sat-during-national-anthem

Unfortunately, people like you who give credence to the lunacy of Trump and his infantile tendencies will not see through the reason for his protest. Neo-Nazi protesters in Charlottesville chanted racist epitaphs under a Nazi flag, and Trump says they are "nice people" but a black athlete concerned about social inequalities is labeled a "son of a b*tch for expressing his views under a flag that is supposed to stand against these same injustices. Yet you have the temerity to try to differentiate between the illegality of an act and it's unpatriotic counterpart, as if both are mutually exclusive.

Please if you don't have any factual response to give to my question, stop wasting my time. Donald Trump is the only one wasting meaningful time on an issue that really shouldn't be an issue.

As for your claims, you make me laugh.

ObamaCare has been sent back twice, and only yesterday, the Senate,apparently sensing another failure, refused to vote on it. If Trump had a viable equivalent of ObamaCare, he wouldn't be getting humiliated each time the matter is brought up. Yet you who knows what is going on cannot tell when Trump has not bothered to consult far and wide to get a better alternative than what is already on board, hence the rejection at the Senate by even some of his own party members. Yet this same fellow claims he is an expert at the art of negotiation but cannot get a deal to allow his version of the healthcare bill to pass in the Senate, after jerry-maundering and hot-air balloon comments.

I'm not even going to talk on his other failures. Eight months into his tenure, he hasn't managed to get a single major bill passed by the house and or Senate. you are here talking about merry-go rounds and non-actions in the name of forming activity.

I'm done with you.
Re: American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump by irukandji89(m): 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
After reading much more about what started the whole saga, I must admit that I jumped into conclusion way too soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump by irukandji89(m): 4:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
Megatrix:

Really? Trump brought politics into the NFL? You guys never cease to amaze me with the trash you spew daily. So what did Trump say or do that made Colin kaepernick start this kneeling nonsense? Please tell us, we are curiously waiting

My comments weren't about what Colin kaepernick started.

My comments were about the players who started kneeling down after trumps comments according to the op.

He said they started kneeling after trump said athletes should be fired for disrespecting American anthem or flags.

He later modified his post to America.

I admit I don't know what or who started the saga, but people just don't start disrespecting or defying the authority without reason.

I'm sure the athletes kneeling down aren't insane.

Something must have prompted their disgruntlement.

And You don't have to be abusive to people who don't share your opinion.
Re: American Football Stars Drop To Their Knees During National Anthem To Defy Trump by irukandji89(m): 7:42am On Sep 29, 2017
Trevor Noah's opinion on the whole saga.
When and where should black people be able to protest?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1789705351058728&id=100000578411359

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards / Burial Pictures Of David Nwachukwu - Kelechi Iheanacho's PA / Chinonso Eche: Meet 11-Year-Old Nigerian Wonderkid (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.