Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,978 members, 7,852,301 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:40 PM

Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (24106 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2023
vannessa7:

Your analogy applies to you because you are the one with a narrow view, you have no ground or basis for your argument because you have never left your home grown Christianity religion, you have never been a Muslim and here you are telling someone that was more christian than you will ever be who now also have first hand experience of Islam which is right, it will take a special dedication to God for heaven to reveal divine secrets to you which you may be lacking, pray that God should open your eyes to the treasure that Islam is.
I almost recited the shahada in my 200L because of people like Ahmed Deedat.
It was in my study of the Qur'an (I got myself an English translation- the Glorious Qur'an) that I stopped on my tracks.

I had to go back on a neutral state to study both Islam and Christianity! The more I studied, the more I understood that Islam was designed for just one purpose: to give a pseudo-religion to those who could have been saved through Christ Jesus.

I asked some simple questions: if only you can answer them truthfully and compare with what Islam truly teaches.

I am afraid: You have fallen into the trap of Islamic Taqqiya

1. You don't even know what a spirit is without destroying Islam!
Islam has no idea of what a spirit is

2. Can you show from the Qur'an that Jubril is the Holy Spirit?
There is NOT a single verse that support the fact that Jubril is the Holy Spirit in the Qur'an

3. Is God a Spirit?
In Islamic, God is NOT a Spirit

You see that basic questions a Christian will answer, you cannot answer without breaking Islam!

There is one Reason why Allah calls himself the Greatest Deceiver
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 6:12pm On Apr 14, 2023
vannessa7:
Anyway I have since arrived at some derivative due to my experience of both religion, I have read the Bible through several times and I'm reading the Quran now in English version and I've been through it once and I'm reading it again, i was shocked to discover the Quran wrote about the Bible from beginning to end, it is like a commentary or verification of the Bible, however, I'm also surprised that through out the Quran God made it clear that serving others as partner to Him is not allowed, He said on the judgement day He will call Jesus and Mary mother of Jesus if they were the one that told people to worship them and they will say no and those worshipping them along with God will be thrown in hell, I now remember the 10 commandments where God state that we should not worship anything along with Him, not things in heaven, on earth or under the earth, I also thought of the Lords prayer given by Jesus to his disciples, He said we should pray to God in heaven, even all the miracle of Jesus he always attribute them to God, however the Holy Quran says any one who does not believe in any of the prophets will not make heaven including Prophet Mohammed(SAW).He said Jesus came through the word of God , be, sent to mary,
You were never a Christian! You're a liar! Well, lying for Allah is permitted in Islam. So, this does not come as a surprise.

You can't have an encounter with Jesus and be filled with the Holy Spirit only to come and spew all these gibberish. A messenger of Satan the father of lies using lies to promote his dead god.

TenQ and Advocatejare have done too much havoc to your false religion by exposing many of the lies and nonsenses packed in your wu

Quran and Hadith. This is your strategy to block the chances of those who are escaping from the lies of Islam through the exposures here on Nairaland. This strategy has failed woefully. All those who would be saved would be saved, no matter the lies Satan would push you guys to produce.

Your confused post is a reaction. God bless TenQ. God bless Advocatejare.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Padipadi: 4:58pm On Jun 26, 2023
vannessa7:
Anyway I have since arrived at some derivative due to my experience of both religion, I have read the Bible through several times and I'm reading the Quran now in English version and I've been through it once and I'm reading it again, i was shocked to discover the Quran wrote about the Bible from beginning to end, it is like a commentary or verification of the Bible, however, I'm also surprised that through out the Quran God made it clear that serving others as partner to Him is not allowed, He said on the judgement day He will call Jesus and Mary mother of Jesus if they were the one that told people to worship them and they will say no and those worshipping them along with God will be thrown in hell, I now remember the 10 commandments where God state that we should not worship anything along with Him, not things in heaven, on earth or under the earth, I also thought of the Lords prayer given by Jesus to his disciples, He said we should pray to God in heaven, even all the miracle of Jesus he always attribute them to God, however the Holy Quran says any one who does not believe in any of the prophets will not make heaven including Prophet Mohammed(SAW).He said Jesus came through the word of God , be, sent to mary,
I just ran a quick check on your profile after your quoted me and found this. Are you still a Muslim? If so, God be with you. And if you have converted back to Christianity, traditional religion or an atheists abi non binary like LGBTQ people, God be with you still.
I just want to tell you that the reasons why you converted are personal reasons. Not cos there's no power when you pray in the name of Jesus.
Christianity is more than a religion. It's a way of life. I m not talking about those that practice it anyhow cos all religion gave bad eggs. The teaching of Jesus Christ demonstrates how to live as a gentle creature, knowing your rights, subduing evil and seeking the kingdom of God. You do all this without hurting anything or anyone that's good. So...do not say Islam is better than Christianity if that's what your post meant. I m not here to argue who's the best either.
Also, what do you mean by Quran verified the bible or a commentary of the Bible. The two books has similarity in communion with God but are different in many ways.
You also said some Christians worship other prophets aside God. Meaning Catholics that worship Mary of general pentecostal Christians that pray in the name of Jesus. About this, Jesus taught his disciples abs all that existed during His time on earth that God manifested on earth through him. Giving due honour or praying via him is like doing it directly to God cos of the authority given to Him by God. So don't blame those that appear like they are worshipping Him. They are worshipping God inside Jesus. It's like a Christian accusing Muslims of saying SAW to Muhammad or saying why ll they say Muhammad is the greatest of prophets etc. I m sure your defense ll be it's in the Quran. Same way Christians ll show you how Jesus explained the synergy between Him and God.
Lastly, respect is reciprocal in any religion.
Shalom!

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Kobojunkie: 5:05pm On Jun 26, 2023
undecided
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Kobojunkie: 5:06pm On Jun 26, 2023
Padipadi:

I just ran a quick check on your profile after your quoted me and found this. Are you still a Muslim? If so, God be with you. And if you have converted back to Christianity, traditional religion or an atheists abi non binary like LGBTQ people, God be with you still.
I just want to tell you that the reasons why you converted are personal reasons. Not cos there's no power when you pray in the name of Jesus.
Christianity is more than a religion. It's a way of life. I m not talking about those that practice it anyhow cos all religion gave bad eggs. The teaching of Jesus Christ demonstrates how to live as a gentle creature, knowing your rights, subduing evil and seeking the kingdom of God. You do all this without hurting anything or anyone that's good. So...do not say Islam is better than Christianity if that's what your post meant. I m not here to argue who's the best either.
Also, what do you mean by Quran verified the bible or a commentary of the Bible. The two books has similarity in communion with God but are different in many ways.
You also said some Christians worship other prophets aside God. Meaning Catholics that worship Mary of general pentecostal Christians that pray in the name of Jesus. About this, Jesus taught his disciples abs all that existed during His time on earth that God manifested on earth through him. Giving due honour or praying via him is like doing it directly to God cos of the authority given to Him by God. So don't blame those that appear like they are worshipping Him. They are worshipping God inside Jesus. It's like a Christian accusing Muslims of saying SAW to Muhammad or saying why ll they say Muhammad is the greatest of prophets etc. I m sure your defense ll be it's in the Quran. Same way Christians ll show you how Jesus explained the synergy between Him and God.
Lastly, respect is reciprocal in any religion.
Shalom!
Switching from one religious delusion to another has nothing to do with God since religion is solely the domain of men even though the name of God is mentioned over and over. God exists beyond religion and cannot be accessed by those trapped in religion.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Padipadi: 5:52pm On Jun 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Switching from one religious delusion to another has nothing to do with God since religion is solely the domain of men even though the name of God is mentioned over and over. God exists beyond religion and cannot be accessed by those trapped in religion.. undecided
Kobo oni junkie, this is a different debate bikonu.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Kobojunkie: 6:12pm On Jun 26, 2023
Padipadi:
■ Kobo oni junkie, this is a different debate bikonu.
And what I said which is that Jesus Christ cannot be accessed by way of religion because He said religion was against God. undecided

She never had Jesus Christ for 20 years, and getting her to switch back will still not give her that which she cannot access via it. undecided
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Padipadi: 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
And what I said which is that Jesus Christ cannot be accessed by way of religion because He said religion was against God. undecided

She never had Jesus Christ for 20 years, and getting her to switch back will still not give her that which she cannot access via it. undecided
Ok. Let's take Jesus out of the equation.
Will she get her religion or whatever you meant via her new way?
Cos your head is always operating in anti-clockwise or offside post. No vex, I bin wan tell you since.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Kobojunkie: 6:26pm On Jun 26, 2023
Padipadi:
■ Ok. Let's take Jesus out of the equation.Will she get her religion or whatever you meant via her new way? Cos your head is always operating in anti-clockwise or offside post. No vex, I bin wan tell you since.
She told you she had religion for 20 years before she switched over to a different format of the same religion. Religion is basically a system of man-made doctrines and human rules put forward by men with which to rule over the heads of their fellow men. It is designed by men to catch those too lazy to approach God for their own selves. Maybe rather than focusing on my own head, try to focus more on figuring yours out since it seems you don't even realize this as it appears. undecided
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Padipadi: 6:36pm On Jun 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
She told you she had religion for 20 years before she switched over to a different format of the same religion. Religion is basically a system of man-made doctrines and human rules put forward by men with which to rule over the heads of their fellow men. It is designed by men to catch those too lazy to approach God for their own selves. Maybe rather than focusing on my own head, try to focus more on figuring yours out since it seems you don't even realize this as it appears. undecided
You always have erection when Jesus is mentioned.
Wetin be your problem?
Where you molested by a fake pastor in your childhood.
I v seen you here trying to meddle in religious matters when Christianity is involved but you don't channel same energy to jihadists.
There are many of them in Islam section. Why don't you carry your coward mind there & tell them religion is hogwash?
Cos you are a pissy pussy sissy gearing for your head.
You can't educated jihadists but you can carry your anti clockwise head here.
Gbe enu rirun w sohun or I descend heavily on you.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Kobojunkie: 6:43pm On Jun 26, 2023
Padipadi:
You always have erection when Jesus is mentioned. Wetin be your problem?
■ Where you molested by a fake pastor in your childhood.
■ I v seen you here trying to meddle in religious matters when Christianity is involved but you don't channel same energy to jihadists.
■ There are many of them in Islam section. Why don't you carry your coward mind there & tell them religion is hogwash?
Cos you are a pissy pussy sissy gearing for your head. You can't educated jihadists but you can carry your anti clockwise head here.
Gbe enu rirun w sohun or I descend heavily on you.
Probably because my existence and life depend solely on knowing and doing His Will. undecided

2. Sorry, I was not as gullible at that, and religion was never my thing as I could never stand the idea of bowing down to a man pretending that by doing so I was doing God's Will. Also, all pastors and mogs are fakes. They are all the false teachers and false prophets Jesus Christ warned were to come pretending to be sent by Him. undecided

3. There is a simple explanation for that. In the same way, Jesus Christ opposed the teachings of the Pharisees(the religion of Judaism) during His time that pretended to be of the Father when in fact the Father had disavowed all of His priests who chose to set up religion in God's place, so also I oppose all doctrines and traditions of men, particularly those of the religion of Christianity which teaches lies using the name of Jesus Christ.

4. Why exactly does a jihadist need education from me? Why should I concern myself with Islam? or any other religion for that matter? Jesus Christ instead said we should live at peace with all men so why should I go trouble them? I have absolutely no reason or desire to want to educate an Islamist, a Hindu, a Buddhist, an atheist, or a traditional worshipper in the way you pretend I should since Jesus Christ sent me out instead to the Lost Sheep of Israel alone. undecided
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Padipadi: 7:00pm On Jun 26, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Probably because my existence and life depend solely on knowing and doing His Will. undecided

2. Sorry, I was not as gullible at that, and religion was never my thing as I could never stand the idea of bowing down to a man pretending that by doing so I was doing God's Will. Also, all pastors and mogs are fakes. They are all the false teachers and false prophets Jesus Christ warned were to come pretending to be sent by Him. undecided

3. There is a simple explanation for that. In the same way, Jesus Christ opposed the teachings of the Pharisees(the religion of Judaism) during His time that pretended to be of the Father when in fact the Father had disavowed all of His priests who chose to set up religion in God's place, so also I oppose all doctrines and traditions of men, particularly those of the religion of Christianity which teaches lies using the name of Jesus Christ.

4. Why exactly does a jihadist need education from me? Why should I concern myself with Islam? or any other religion for that matter? Jesus Christ instead said we should live at peace with all men so why should I go trouble them? I have absolutely no reason or desire to want to educate an Islamist, a Hindu, a Buddhist, an atheist, or a traditional worshipper in the way you pretend I should since Jesus Christ sent me out instead to the Lost Sheep of Israel alone. undecided
You no what aburo, I saw some sense I. Your post. Seems the way you come up with your posts makes people to misquote you a times. Instead, be more clear with what you believe and stand for so that no nonsense people like me won't hit stick on your head!
Now to some points I see there.
If you say you are following the footpath of Jesus, no p. Only God knows the true followers. Meanwhile, the creator of this thread mentioned it that some people (Christians) have turned Jesus to God. Hope you won't be accused of the same.

2ndly about pastor issues. No sane person ll be followings pastors bumper to bumper. They are humans prone to errors.
In all, I think what's most important is to stand for pureness, kindness and justice. The world just need more sane people to do what's right at all times.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2023
Padipadi:
■ You no what aburo, I saw some sense I. Your post. Seems the way you come up with your posts makes people to misquote you a times. Instead, be more clear with what you believe and stand for so that no nonsense people like me won't hit stick on your head! Now to some points I see there. If you say you are following the footpath of Jesus, no p. Only God knows the true followers. Meanwhile, the creator of this thread mentioned it that some people (Christians) have turned Jesus to God. Hope you won't be accused of the same.
2ndly about pastor issues. No sane person ll be followings pastors bumper to bumper. They are humans prone to errors.
■ In all, I think what's most important is to stand for pureness, kindness and justice. The world just need more sane people to do what's right at all times.
1. To the statement in bold, Jesus Christ said, "By their fruits, you shall know them ...." meaning it is possible for even those who follow Jesus Christ to know those who are their brothers, mothers, and sisters, in Jesus Christ. undecided

2. To the second statement in bold, God said in Jeremiah 17 vs 5, "Cursed is any man who puts his trust in another man, and makes a role model of flesh and blood." undecided

3. God does not revolve around the thoughts and opinions of individuals for rather He gave His Law to men in order to remove all ambiguity; His Law is meant to serve as absolute Truth as far as all those who live in submission and obedience to Him. God is not concerned with the world and any humanist ideas you may harbor. undecided
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Eriokanmi: 3:09am On Aug 27, 2023
vannessa7:
I felt compelled to write this after observing the online tussle between Muslim's and Christians here on Nairaland about who is right or wrong.

I always like digging the profile of whom I'm engaging in a conversation on NL to see if I should respond to their mentions or not, given their contributions to pertinent issues here . I stumbled on this with great awe and interest.

My dear sister, you've already made your choice and it's my prayer that the choice doesn't end up hurting you. You're a vessel of God, whom He would have used a great deal but , for obvious reasons... your quest for a husband...you abandoned the path of salvation. I'd not judge you.

However, I have a few things to drop here. The bible says we would face tribulations in this world but we should be of good cheer...you can complete the rest smiley This life isn't a bed of roses to those whom God is going to eelevate or use in life. You've got to face hard times and trials. You didn't wait for God's time obviously. I married my wife when she was 30 years of age and still a virgin. She's just a replica of you, in description as regards her experience and level of faith. God had revealed to her about me before we finally met. she patiently waited
Shebi your sickness was typhoid,maybe with malaria. My wife was asthmatic but God healed her. It was hereditary. Of all my children, only one picked it. As I was praying during a vigil, the Lord told me that, the sickness was hereditary but he had healed my son completely. I was overjoyed. I was thanking God. Since then, no sign of asthma was on him.

We got married in a single room apartment and started our life journey together. Today, to God be the glory. We've gone through the thick and thin together. The only thing we don't have yet, which I believe if its God's wish, we'd surely get is a private jet. By the time you mention 10 people who are in my line of business in Nigeria today, you must mention my name. I dine and wine with world leaders and diplomats, including Barak Obama. I remember the first time I met him in a hall near the white house in DC. No child of senator , governor or president from Nigeria was there present, I was the only Nigerian in attendance.

Concerning your predicament, every problem has an expiring date , to a child of God who endures till the end. There was a lady here whose name I won't mention who was in your shoes. Today, she's totally free. Her life was in disarray, she was even mocked by another faith for being a Christian. She always had bad dreams and her life was in shambles. She was afflicted with a terrible infection. She always saw herself eating in a dream with strange people, despite how committed she was as a xtian. She's been to several churches, no solution. I picked interest in her case here and replied to her post. She almost ended it. She never believed it when I told her to call a true man of God ( pls I'm not asking you call anyone, neither am I introducing anyone to anybody) . When she said she's been to several churches, I told her, you don't even need to see this man face to face, he'd only tell you the source and cause of your life problem in phone and all you need do is follow his instructions which is fasting and prayer on those key issues so, she was convinced when i said this. In short, she was asked to fast for 7 days, only in a gathering where only women were praying...she was able to locate one on a prayer mountain. On the 3rd day, she said she was pressed and when defecating, she discovered it wasn't faeces but a hard stone. She was scared. She also said she saw a revelation that those chasing her told her they've turned back and wouldn't chase her anymore. Since that time, her life was totally restored.

It's my sincere prayer that you are able to retrace your path. It's not necessary judging you like so many here had done. Only God can handle that.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by orisa37: 8:14am On Aug 27, 2023
SEEK RIGHTEOUSNESS ALWAYS AND LOVE YOURSELVES AS YOURSELVES AND YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by orisa37: 8:18am On Aug 27, 2023
RELIGION IS SEEKING RIGHT IN PEACE AND LOVE.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 3:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
Eriokanmi:

I always like digging the profile of whom I'm engaging in a conversation on NL to see if I should respond to their mentions or not, given their contributions to pertinent issues here . I stumbled on this with great awe and interest.

My dear sister, you've already made your choice and it's my prayer that the choice doesn't end up hurting you. You're a vessel of God, whom He would have used a great deal but , for obvious reasons... your quest for a husband...you abandoned the path of salvation. I'd not judge you.

However, I have a few things to drop here. The bible says we would face tribulations in this world but we should be of good cheer...you can complete the rest smiley This life isn't a bed of roses to those whom God is going to eelevate or use in life. You've got to face hard times and trials. You didn't wait for God's time obviously. I married my wife when she was 30 years of age and still a virgin. She's just a replica of you, in description as regards her experience and level of faith. God had revealed to her about me before we finally met. she patiently waited
Shebi your sickness was typhoid,maybe with malaria. My wife was asthmatic but God healed her. It was hereditary. Of all my children, only one picked it. As I was praying during a vigil, the Lord told me that, the sickness was hereditary but he had healed my son completely. I was overjoyed. I was thanking God. Since then, no sign of asthma was on him.

We got married in a single room apartment and started our life journey together. Today, to God be the glory. We've gone through the thick and thin together. The only thing we don't have yet, which I believe if its God's wish, we'd surely get is a private jet. By the time you mention 10 people who are in my line of business in Nigeria today, you must mention my name. I dine and wine with world leaders and diplomats, including Barak Obama. I remember the first time I met him in a hall near the white house in DC. No child of senator , governor or president from Nigeria was there present, I was the only Nigerian in attendance.

Concerning your predicament, every problem has an expiring date , to a child of God who endures till the end. There was a lady here whose name I won't mention who was in your shoes. Today, she's totally free. Her life was in disarray, she was even mocked by another faith for being a Christian. She always had bad dreams and her life was in shambles. She was afflicted with a terrible infection. She always saw herself eating in a dream with strange people, despite how committed she was as a xtian. She's been to several churches, no solution. I picked interest in her case here and replied to her post. She almost ended it. She never believed it when I told her to call a true man of God ( pls I'm not asking you call anyone, neither am I introducing anyone to anybody) . When she said she's been to several churches, I told her, you don't even need to see this man face to face, he'd only tell you the source and cause of your life problem in phone and all you need do is follow his instructions which is fasting and prayer on those key issues so, she was convinced when i said this. In short, she was asked to fast for 7 days, only in a gathering where only women were praying...she was able to locate one on a prayer mountain. On the 3rd day, she said she was pressed and when defecating, she discovered it wasn't faeces but a hard stone. She was scared. She also said she saw a revelation that those chasing her told her they've turned back and wouldn't chase her anymore. Since that time, her life was totally restored.

It's my sincere prayer that you are able to retrace your path. It's not necessary judging you like so many here had done. Only God can handle that.

Thanks for taking the time out to write such long text to reply me.
From your write up I got the impression that you think Islam is wrong and I am on the wrong path and I need to retrace my steps. Haven been a committed Christian for close to 20 years and now a committed Muslim for 7years don't you think I should be the one in the position to know the difference between Christianity and Islam more than someone who has only practice Christianity all their lives,
There is God in Islam mightily, I know because I have had my senses exercised by reason of use. To many christians I have left God but to me I know I moved even closer to God. I will never ever go back to Christianity again insha Allah, thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Eriokanmi: 4:16pm On Aug 27, 2023
vannessa7:

From your write up I got the impression that you think Islam is wrong and I am on the wrong path and I need to retrace my steps. Haven been a committed Christian for close to 20 years and now a committed Muslim for 7years don't you think I should be the one in the position to know the difference between Christianity and Islam more than someone who has only practice Christianity all their lives,
There is God in Islam mightily, I know because I have had my senses exercised by reason of use. To many christians I have left God but to me I know I moved even closer to God. I will never ever go back to Christianity again insha Allah, thanks.
It's needless to start explaining to you how deep I used to be in Islam and my background before Christ found me. It's never been same experience ever since. My family from the maternal side once ruled Lagos.

It's your choice dear. Take care.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by MrPRevailer(m): 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
vannessa7:

QUESTION:
From the days of Moses, God required the blood of animals for a covering/purification from Sin. And Jesus later came to perfect the law of atonement with his blood as Isaiah prophesied.
God require the blood atonement from the Israelites for sin offering and also good works?
WHY in Islam, is there is no blood atonement but good works alone are required to obtain forgiveness?

According to both faiths, you cannot be Holy without the blood atonement. And both still require good works and abstinence from evil.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by AllLovingGod: 11:22pm On Aug 27, 2023
Vanessa! Vanessa grin grin!! I was actually intrigued by your story.
Don't be angry with your attackers in this thread, because it's only a few who
will understand what you are talking about or your experiences grin.

I saw your raw passion for Christ as you narrated your story, your sincere holiness and rightousness when you started out as a Christian, your zeal in sincerely serving God and expecting to be blessed by Him, which is the right thing and what it ought to be as a true and rightous believer of the gospel.

God would have really used you to do unusual things in your generation, emphasis on the word, unusual. But the enemy (satan) knowing that and of course he wouldn't want that, for you to be another of his big problem in your own time, haa! because believe me, you would have been, had it been you started out with a living church that has Christ as their foundation, So he (satan)has to first lead You to a false church with a faulty / satanic foundation so that; first, that those your gifts would not manifest. Secondly, to make sure you stay frustrated until you lose hope in God and give up because there's no way you would receive anything good from a satanic altar because you're truly of God, instead they ( the satanic church leaders) will keep you in bondage while using your destiny to shine, it's a pity you didn't get the insight to leave earlier, there's nothing in common with light and darkness. And the enemy (satan) succeeded somehow with that, until God helped you to escape finally.

You lacked a spiritual guide that is truly of God, whom would have helped you in your journey of seeking God genuinely and the enemy took advantage of that.
There are so many things that went wrong which I cannot say here, but then, I hope you're doing okay presently?
May God continue to be God in your case and life until He perfects His will and desires for you. I wish you the very best, continue to live rightously, it's a first class ticket to God's bossom.
God blessings on you my dear.

Hope you're doing well though!
vannessa7:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by vannessa7(f): 4:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
MrPRevailer:

QUESTION:
From the days of Moses, God required the blood of animals for a covering/purification from Sin. And Jesus later came to perfect the law of atonement with his blood as Isaiah prophesied.
God require the blood atonement from the Israelites for sin offering and also good works?
WHY in Islam, is there is no blood atonement but good works alone are required to obtain forgiveness?

According to both faiths, you cannot be Holy without the blood atonement. And both still require good works and abstinence from evil.

First of all, there is blood atonement in Islam, when you give birth to a new baby you MUST kill a ram for the naming ceremony on the eight day, if you don't have money you will do it later but give your child name on eight day but you will still kill the ram, during our Eid festival we kill ram or one of the specified animals for celebration but not fish, when you go for Hajj in Mecca each person must kill a ram at a specific time over there during the Hajj.
Now, that said, I will have you know that the more sin the more blood that is required to atone for it. There is a lot of sin wherever grace abound and that's why Christianity require a human blood, Islam however purifies it's followers through the word of God and thats why there seems to be less blood required.

Islam is not actually about good works but about holiness obtained by praying five times daily using the word of God in the Quran, the word of God is mighty, sharper than any two edged sword, especially the Quran which is purely the word of God, no man's opinion in it whatsoever, that is why we revere the Quran because the word of God is God, we don't handle it anyhow and the Quran is also so alive that if you handle it anyhow you will know by yourself very soon because of what you will see, it is not like the Bible where grace of Jesus Christ has made the anger and judgement of God to be tempered down but grace leads to corruption because the devil have a free hand to operate.

Anyway because a genuine Muslim pray using the word of God 5 times daily, crams and recite the Quran which is the pure word of God regularly, performs all the physical cleansing of the body as ordained by Islam using the name of God, he fast Ramadan and also many other specified fasting in Islam, he pays his zakat or sadaka and also obey some simple Islamic injunction such as don't eat pork and don't expose your body, etc, he becomes holy and continues to be holy basically because of the word of God he reads during his five daily prayers and also crams carry the mighty power and presence of God, this make him lose appetite for many sin because the spirit of God comes to live in him, that is why when you go to real Islamic settlement you will find crime rate to be very low. I know many christians don't think Muslims have the holy spirit because I was shocked too to feel the mighty presence of the holy spirit in Islam but genuine Islam is full of the Holy spirit of God.

We also ask for forgiveness of sin verbally without telling God to look at the holiness of another person in order to forgive us as christians do which make their soul redundant, why will your soul be purified when all you need is the holiness of Jesus Christ, instead any evil living in that soul flourish because grace covers him too, it's only when the anointing of the holy spirit is brought down which is actually the power and presence of God during some programs that such evil might leave the soul but it will soon come back due to grace in Christianity, this presence and power of God is always available in Islam you don't need special programs to experience it.

The grace in Christianity comes through sacrifice on the cross while Islam is about obedience because we go to God directly without proxy or load of sin. Obedience is better than sacrifice. A Christian must carry a load of sin to qualify for grace, you must say you are a sinner and Christ died for your sin for you to be qualified for grace. Jesus himself said he came for sinner so if you are holy you don't need him, that's why a possessed person will continue to be possessed and never be completely delivered. Jesus is gentle so the demons and witchcraft powers remain whereas Islam will destroy them immediately you accept Islam and as long as you are a Muslim they will not have power over you because that grace and gentle anointing is not in Islam. The devil flees at the sight of Islam.

Christians however will be given time to be perfect by going through a wilderness experience because although they enjoy grace in this life, they will not see such grace in afterlife, no witch or wizard or familiar spirit will make heaven, you must allow the Holy spirit to destroy them here and that's why most people with serious warfare always receive call into ministry so they can have access to a higher presence of the Holy spirit in order to overcome because it's only holiness which is also the presence of God in ones life that brings permanent deliverance,

Islam brings you closer to God thus your warfare ends as soon as you accept Islam, the strongest pastor in Christianity is in the same category of holiness as a normal regular genuine Muslim who keeps himself and environment clean because dirtiness will nullify Islam in ones life because God will not stay in a dirty place or body. I think I've said enough. Lol

P S: when I talk about warfare I don't mean regular life challenges anyone might experience, I'm talking about darkness, being possessed with demons, witches, idols, familiar spirit, curses etc, because many of my Muslim brethren don't even know what all this mean because a genuine Muslim will never experience them unless you are dirty, it is normal to go through some life challenges but when the devil comes to live with a person, it is not normal , you need Islam.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by SIRTee15: 8:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
vannessa7:

First of all, there is blood atonement in Islam, when you give birth to a new baby you MUST kill a ram for the naming ceremony on the eight day, if you don't have money you will do it later but give your child name on eight day but you will still kill the ram, during our Eid festival we kill ram or one of the specified animals for celebration but not fish, when you go for Hajj in Mecca each person must kill a ram at a specific time over there during the Hajj.
Now, that said, I will have you know that the more sin the more blood that is required to atone for it. There is a lot of sin wherever grace abound and that's why Christianity require a human blood, Islam however purifies it's followers through the word of God and thats why there seems to be less blood required.

Islam is not actually about good works but about holiness obtained by praying five times daily using the word of God in the Quran, the word of God is mighty, sharper than any two edged sword, especially the Quran which is purely the word of God, no man's opinion in it whatsoever, that is why we revere the Quran because the word of God is God, we don't handle it anyhow and the Quran is also so alive that if you handle it anyhow you will know by yourself very soon because of what you will see, it is not like the Bible where grace of Jesus Christ has made the anger and judgement of God to be tempered down but grace leads to corruption because the devil have a free hand to operate.

Anyway because a genuine Muslim pray using the word of God 5 times daily, crams and recite the Quran which is the pure word of God regularly, performs all the physical cleansing of the body as ordained by Islam using the name of God, he fast Ramadan and also many other specified fasting in Islam, he pays his zakat or sadaka and also obey some simple Islamic injunction such as don't eat pork and don't expose your body, etc, he becomes holy and continues to be holy basically because of the word of God he reads during his five daily prayers and also crams carry the mighty power and presence of God, this make him lose appetite for many sin because the spirit of God comes to live in him, that is why when you go to real Islamic settlement you will find crime rate to be very low. I know many christians don't think Muslims have the holy spirit because I was shocked too to feel the mighty presence of the holy spirit in Islam but genuine Islam is full of the Holy spirit of God.

We also ask for forgiveness of sin verbally without telling God to look at the holiness of another person in order to forgive us as christians do which make their soul redundant, why will your soul be purified when all you need is the holiness of Jesus Christ, instead any evil living in that soul flourish because grace covers him too, it's only when the anointing of the holy spirit is brought down which is actually the power and presence of God during some programs that such evil might leave the soul but it will soon come back due to grace in Christianity, this presence and power of God is always available in Islam you don't need special programs to experience it.

The grace in Christianity comes through sacrifice on the cross while Islam is about obedience because we go to God directly without proxy or load of sin. Obedience is better than sacrifice. A Christian must carry a load of sin to qualify for grace, you must say you are a sinner and Christ died for your sin for you to be qualified for grace. Jesus himself said he came for sinner so if you are holy you don't need him, that's why a possessed person will continue to be possessed and never be completely delivered. Jesus is gentle so the demons and witchcraft powers remain whereas Islam will destroy them immediately you accept Islam and as long as you are a Muslim they will not have power over you because that grace and gentle anointing is not in Islam. The devil flees at the sight of Islam.

Christians however will be given time to be perfect by going through a wilderness experience because although they enjoy grace in this life, they will not see such grace in afterlife, no witch or wizard or familiar spirit will make heaven, you must allow the Holy spirit to destroy them here and that's why most people with serious warfare always receive call into ministry so they can have access to a higher presence of the Holy spirit in order to overcome because it's only holiness which is also the presence of God in ones life that brings permanent deliverance,

Islam brings you closer to God thus your warfare ends as soon as you accept Islam, the strongest pastor in Christianity is in the same category of holiness as a normal regular genuine Muslim who keeps himself and environment clean because dirtiness will nullify Islam in ones life because God will not stay in a dirty place or body. I think I've said enough. Lol

P S: when I talk about warfare I don't mean regular life challenges anyone might experience, I'm talking about darkness, being possessed with demons, witches, idols, familiar spirit, curses etc, because many of my Muslim brethren don't even know what all this mean because a genuine Muslim will never experience them unless you are dirty, it is normal to go through some life challenges but when the devil comes to live with a person, it is not normal , you need Islam.

What I see here is extrapolation of biblical doctrines into Islam which is common among modern age Muslims.
However since u were once an ex Christian and now a Muslim, I would appreciate if u answer this question honestly.
We Christian believe Muhammed is a false prophet because he fails to fulfil the prophethood criteria according to the Abrahamic faith. He failed in most criteria.
Can u show me in the bible evidence that proves Muhammed is a true prophet of God, I'm talking of evidence not some subjective rationality.
It's ok if u produce koranic evidence so long as such can be seen in the biblical prophets.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by SeekingSelfques: 1:52pm On Aug 29, 2023
Good day Eriokanmi. Could you share the number with me? I hope it is useful to a 26 year old problem of mine.

I decided to register to contact you after reading your comment.

Eriokanmi:
It's needless to start explaining to you how deep I used to be in Islam and my background before Christ found me. It's never been same experience ever since. My family from the maternal side once ruled Lagos.

It's your choice dear. Take care.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Eriokanmi: 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2023
SeekingSelfques:
Good day Eriokanmi. Could you share the number with me? I hope it is useful to a 26 year old problem of mine.

I decided to register to contact you after reading your comment.

07034591079. Good luck bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by SeekingSelfques: 2:30pm On Aug 29, 2023
Thank you very much
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by daughters13: 2:55pm On Aug 29, 2023
THE PROGENY OF LUCIFER IS HERE.

Grace be unto you from the Lord Jesus Christ.
The most complete Christian message in the history of the Christian church titled PROGENY OF LUCIFER has just been released by the Accusers of Lucifer Christian Ministry under the leadership of your brother, Malakhi Banjo.
Please download it through our website http://progenyoflucifer.org.

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Dtruthspeaker: 5:42pm On Aug 29, 2023
TenQ:

I almost recited the shahada in my 200L because of people like Ahmed Deedat.
It was in my study of the Qur'an (I got myself an English translation- the Glorious Qur'an) that I stopped on my tracks.

I had to go back on a neutral state to study both Islam and Christianity! The more I studied, the more I understood that Islam was designed for just one purpose: to give a pseudo-religion to those who could have been saved through Christ Jesus.

I asked some simple questions: if only you can answer them truthfully and compare with what Islam truly teaches.

I am afraid: You have fallen into the trap of Islamic Taqqiya

1. You don't even know what a spirit is without destroying Islam!
Islam has no idea of what a spirit is

2. Can you show from the Qur'an that Jubril is the Holy Spirit?
There is NOT a single verse that support the fact that Jubril is the Holy Spirit in the Qur'an

3. Is God a Spirit?
In Islamic, God is NOT a Spirit

You see that basic questions a Christian will answer, you cannot answer without breaking Islam!

There is one Reason why Allah calls himself the Greatest Deceiver

Bros! No mind the yeye guy. E jus dey catch cruise! Na stupid penis carrier dey behind dat moniker
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Ken4Christ: 10:00pm On Aug 29, 2023
vannessa7:

Your story is like saying that you failed your exams even after you studied so hard but you started passing them when you cheated. So, you now see cheating as the right way forward.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 11:36pm On Aug 29, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Bros! No mind the yeye guy. E jus dey catch cruise! Na stupid penis carrier dey behind dat moniker
Vanessa7 is a woman o!

I pray she opens her heart to God and be saved. Even though she claimed to be a Christian of 20 years, it is obvious she had little understanding and no relationship.

Luk 8:7:
"And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it."

Luk 8:13-15:
"They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience."

I've asked her the question :
Is Jubril the Holy Spirit?

She knows the answer but she would rather hold on to a lie rather than seek God for understanding.

Vanessa, I pray for mercy and grace for you and especially your children.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 3:47pm On Aug 30, 2023
SIRTee15:

What I see here is extrapolation of biblical doctrines into Islam which is common among modern age Muslims.
However since u were once an ex Christian and now a Muslim, I would appreciate if u answer this question honestly.
We Christian believe Muhammed is a false prophet because he fails to fulfil the prophethood criteria according to the Abrahamic faith. He failed in most criteria.
Can u show me in the bible evidence that proves Muhammed is a true prophet of God, I'm talking of evidence not some subjective rationality.
It's ok if u produce koranic evidence so long as such can be seen in the biblical prophets.

You captured it.

Many of her views are coloured with Christian doctrines which no Muslim would accept. Vanessa7 cannot say it anywhere in a Muslim gathering that the Holy Spirit lives in her, or that she is being atoned by the blood of Rams. Even Antichristian would disagree with her. In short, she's neither a Christian nor a Muslim. She's just trying to be something, mostly taking a position to justify herself for forsaking Jesus. Was Jesus real to her? Of cause He was. She can't deny that? Did Jesus die? Of cause she knows He did? Did Jesus resurrect? Of course, she has witnessed the power of His resurrection live and direct except what she wrote up there are outright lies as I have earlier assumed.

With all the little things I know about the Quran; how Allah does not know that Mariam the sister of Aaron is different from Mary the mother of Jesus, how Allah does not know that there was no Samaritan whatsoever in the days of Moses, how Allah does not know that Jacob and Israel are the same person, and many more such avoidable blunders. How can she prove to me that the Quran is the pure word of God? Infact, I'm earnestly seeking genuine answers because I don't know how these issues can exist in a so called book dictated by God, and the adherents keep following even without the answers.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by AntiChristian: 3:16pm On Aug 31, 2023
FxMasterz:

You captured it.

Many of her views are coloured with Christian doctrines which no Muslim would accept. Vanessa7 cannot say it anywhere in a Muslim gathering that the Holy Spirit lives in her, or that she is being atoned by the blood of Rams. Even Antichristian would disagree with her. In short, she's neither a Christian nor a Muslim. She's just trying to be something, mostly taking a position to justify herself for forsaking Jesus. Was Jesus real to her? Of cause He was. She can't deny that? Did Jesus die? Of cause she knows He did? Did Jesus resurrect? Of course, she has witnessed the power of His resurrection live and direct except what she wrote up there are outright lies as I have earlier assumed.
Why una dey tag me? Na me steal holy spirit subscription from you?

With all the little things I know about the Quran; how Allah does not know that Mariam the sister of Aaron is different from Mary the mother of Jesus, how Allah does not know that there was no Samaritan whatsoever in the days of Moses, how Allah does not know that Jacob and Israel are the same person, and many more such avoidable blunders. How can she prove to me that the Quran is the pure word of God? Infact, I'm earnestly seeking genuine answers because I don't know how these issues can exist in a so called book dictated by God, and the adherents keep following even without the answers.
Hope you guys won't type falshood till you die!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by MightySparrow: 8:50pm On Aug 31, 2023
I enjoyed your fiction .

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu's Thanksgiving Service In Abuja: Maurice Iwu, Ngige, Attend / Mayan Apocalypse: Panic Spreads As December 21 Nears / Ex-PMAN President Tee Mac Apologises To Bishop Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.