Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian (23782 Views)

Ahmad Amadi: Why I Converted To Christianity - Leader Of Muslims Against Terror / Why I Converted From Islam To Christianity / Islamic Cleric Divorces Wife Who Converted To Christianity & Changed Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2023
RelevantSolutio:

I've just responded to one of tenq's post.

Alright brother.

Liked and shared.

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 7:28pm On Sep 22, 2023
RelevantSolutio:

Hey; Read This Clearly!

There was a time in life when The early Christians were persecuting and killing scientists as they labelled them to be devilish.

You know what they called it ?

"Holy Crusade".

And This Horrific Holy Crusade happened for Over 100 Years.

Christians were killing scientists and putting them into boiling water to be boiled alive!

And You Know What ?

They were very happy about it.

They also claimed that Their Holy Crusade was All Done in The Name of Jesus Christ.

I'm surprised you don't know all of these history about Your Christianity.

However; Over The Years - These Blood Shedding Crusades have been transformed to "Open Ground Praises, Worship and Avenues For FAKE MIRACLES".

You See; The Blood Shedding Crusades of Christians Have passed because CIVILITY is improving with Christians.

It is Unfortunate that The Muslims are still passing through their own stage of Blood Shedding Crusades because Some of them are failing to accept CIVILITY.

I Hope This helps Enlighten You More About REAL LIFE HISTORY.

Welcome To The World of Religious Confusions, HATRED And INTOLERANCE of One Another.
"Christians" have done evil in the name of God BUT they have no justification or backing to do such. Meaning that their actions of Crusades were wrong and evil and did not represent the teachings of Christ.

Meaning that: Christians should admit their error and repent from these works of unrighteousness!

Islam on the other hand are directly Commanded.

Qur'an 2:216
"Fighting is prescribed for you and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But God knoweth and ye know not."

Qur'an 2:224
"Then fight in the cause of God and know that God heareth and knoweth all things."

Qur'an 3:157-158
"And if ye are slain or die in the way of God, forgiveness and mercy from God are far better than all they could amass. And if ye die, or are slain, Lo! It is unto God that ye are brought together."

Qur'an 3:169
"Think not of those who are slain in God's way as dead. Nay, they live finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord."

The command of Jesus is clear
Mar 6:11:
"And whoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when you depart there, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Truly I say to you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city."

Mat 5:39:
"But I say to you, That you resist not evil: but whoever shall smite you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also."

Mat 11:29:
"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Should Muslims obey or disobey Allah and Mohammed his Apostle with respect to Jihad?

Should Christians obey or disobey Jesus the Son of God with respect to Crusades?

1 Like

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 8:46pm On Oct 10, 2023
Only sharing and not debating.

The name Jubril, also known as Gabriel, is a highly revered figure in Islamic tradition. As one of the primary archangels, Jubril holds a significant role in delivering divine messages from Allah to prophets such as Muhammad. However, it is essential to recognize that Jubril, although influential, does not encompass the entirety of the spirit of Allah. Islam teaches that Allah's wisdom and presence are vast and immeasurable, far beyond any single entity or embodiment.

To understand the spirit of Allah, we must first comprehend the concept of Tawhid, the fundamental belief in the oneness of Allah. Tawhid teaches that Allah is indivisible and does not have any partners or associates. Allah's essence cannot be contained or reduced to a single entity, including Jubril. Islamic teachings remind us that Allah is omnipotent, omnipresent, and transcendent, surpassing any human comprehension.

While Jubril is known for delivering revelations to prophets, he is only an intermediary for Allah's divine messages. The Quran makes it clear that Allah is the sole source of guidance and knowledge. In Surah An-Nahl (16:2), it states, "He sends down the angels with the inspiration by His command upon whom He wills of His servants." This verse emphasizes Allah's authority and underscores the subordinate role of the angels, including Jubril.

Additionally, the Quran highlights the fact that there are numerous angels in Allah's creation, all serving different purposes. Some angels are responsible for recording our deeds, while others are protectors or helpers. This diverse array of angels indicates that each angel has a specific function and cannot embody the entirety of Allah's spirit. Allah's power and presence extend beyond any single angelic figure.

Moreover, the Islamic tradition recognizes that Allah's spirit encompasses all creation. Allah's attributes, such as mercy, wisdom, and justice, are reflected in various aspects of existence. The Quran states, "It is He who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He knows what penetrates into the earth and what emerges from it and what descends from the heaven and what ascends therein; and He is with you wherever you are. And Allah, of what you do, is Seeing." (57:4). This verse suggests that Allah's presence permeates the entire universe and is not limited to a specific angel or entity. Do not interprete Allah being with you to merely physically being with you but understand Allah is all encompassing of his creation which all came from him.

Therefore, while Jubril plays an instrumental role in delivering divine messages, it is essential to remember that his role is just a fragment of Allah's vast wisdom and presence. Islam urges its followers to establish a direct connection with Allah by seeking His guidance and adhering to His teachings in the Quran. This direct connection allows individuals to tap into the spirit of Allah themselves and strengthen their relationship with the divine.

Jubril, as a respected archangel, is not comprehensive enough to embody the entirety of the spirit of Allah. Islamic teachings emphasize the oneness of Allah and His immeasurability, transcending any individual or entity. While Jubril serves as an intermediary for Allah's divine messages, it is our individual responsibility as Muslims to cultivate a personal connection with Allah and seek His guidance directly. By recognizing the vastness of Allah's spirit, we can deepen our understanding of Islam and strengthen our faith.

Allah's spirit is not limited to a single angel or being, but rather encompasses the divine essence that is spread throughout the universe. The spirit of Allah is all-encompassing and can be felt and experienced in numerous ways, whether through the beauty of nature, the compassion in people's hearts, or the serenity found in prayer. It is not confined to the interactions of angels alone, but rather a force that permeates all aspects of creation.

TenQ:

That is the point :
1. You don't realise that if Jibril is the Holy spirit, then Jubril is a spirit!
2. It doesn't dawn on you that if Jubril is a spirit and is an angel, then all angels are spirits!
3. It doesn't dawn on you that All spirits are living beings.

Of course, Mohammed was asked about the spirit: unfortunately, he didn't know the answer (a whole prophet of Allah didn't know and he didn't ask the Christians as prescribed by Allah)

Why didn't Mohammed say that Jubril is a spirit? He would have been closer to the answer.
He says : the spirit is from the command of his Lord!

What does this mean?
It's not even an answer to the question!

This was the reason Mohammed couldn't answer the simple question:
1. What about the Spirit?
Shouldn't he have answered that the Spirit is Jubril?
2. Unfortunately, Muslims CANNOT even say what a spirit is: can you?

Every Jew and Christian with a below average knowledge will tell you that
1. God Himself is a Spirit called the Holy Spirit
2. Angels of God are all spirits
3. Every human being is a Trinity of a Body, a Soul and a Spirit!
4. Of course you don't know that spirits cannot die because they are made as spirits in the image of God

If I ask you this question, you can't answer because just like Mohammed, you have no knowledge.

1. How is Adam created in the image or form or picture of Allah as we know that Allah was not made from mud?
2. Is Allah 60 cubits tall?

To help you:

Sahih Muslim 2841
Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) as saying:
Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, created Adam in His image with His length of sixty cubits, and as He created him He told him to greet that group, and that was a party of angels sitting there, and listen to the response that they give him, for it would form his greeting and that of his offspring. He then went away and said: Peace be upon you! They (the angels) said: May there be peace upon you and the Mercy of Allah, and they made an addition of" Mercy of Allah". So he who would get into Paradise would get in the form of Adam, his length being sixty cubits, then the people who followed him continued to diminish in size up to this day.

Sahih al-Bukhari 6227
Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "Allah created Adam in His picture, sixty cubits (about 30 meters) in height. When He created him, He said (to him), "Go and greet that group of angels sitting there, and listen what they will say in reply to you, for that will be your greeting and the greeting of your offspring." Adam (went and) said, 'As-Salamu alaikum (Peace be upon you).' They replied, 'AsSalamu-'Alaika wa Rahmatullah (Peace and Allah's Mercy be on you) So they increased 'Wa Rahmatullah' The Prophet (ﷺ) added 'So whoever will enter Paradise, will be of the shape and picture of Adam Since then the creation of Adam's (offspring) (i.e. stature of human beings is being diminished continuously) to the present time."

Please respond especially to the question highlighted in yellow
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2023
Essentially when your will is submitted to the almighty by following the directives of his prophet Jesus it will be easy to follow the almighty's will.
Ezekiel 11
19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.
20 Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

Ezekiel 36
26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

This Fxmasterz is what Islam is about. Total submission to the will of Allah.
FxMasterz:

This implies that as long as I obey and follow the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, the law of sin and death has no power or authority over me. To follow the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus is to be led by the Spirit of God. The Spirit of God would not lead you into anything that is against the will of God. Therefore, you cannot be condemned by the law of sin and death. Verse 14 of that same scripture says "As many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God." A son of God therefore is someone who follows the leading of the Spirit of God, Not necessarily someone who goes to church, has a Christian name or preaches a sermon on church altars. When we become born again, the Spirit of God comes to dwell in us for this very purpose.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2023
Explore2xmore:
Essentially when your will is submitted to the almighty by following the directives of his prophet Jesus it will be easy to follow the almighty's will.
Ezekiel 11
19 I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh.
20 Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God.

Ezekiel 36
26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

This Fxmasterz is what Islam is about. Total submission to the will of Allah.

You don't seem to understand the scriptures you are quoting. Man cannot by himself submit to the will of God. He is rebellious by nature. So, God works on Him through regeneration, an act of spiritual rebirth (Ezekiel 11:19) which in Christian terms is the Born Again experience. The result of this is followed by what is described in verse 20: "Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.[/b] They will be my people, and I will be their God." Ezekiel 36 which you quoted says the same things. You see, God has to put His Spirit in you to empower you in your bid to submit to God's will.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 9:43pm On Oct 10, 2023
I was just emphasizing that you will still do the works of the almighty.

FxMasterz:

'For by Grace are we saved through faith. Not of works, lest anyone should boast.'
Explore2xmore:

Ezekiel 11

Ezekiel 36

FxMasterz:

You don't seem to understand the scriptures you are quoting. Man cannot by himself submit to the will of God. He is rebellious by nature. So, God works on Him through regeneration, an act of spiritual rebirth (Ezekiel 11:19) which in Christian terms is the Born Again experience. The result of this is followed by what is described in verse 20: "Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.[/b] They will be my people, and I will be their God." Ezekiel 36 which you quoted says the same things. You see, God has to put His Spirit in you to empower you in your bid to submit to God's will.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 9:46pm On Oct 10, 2023
Explore2xmore:

The Almighty does His works through us. Our personal works are unacceptable. They don't measure up to His standard.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 10:33pm On Oct 10, 2023
Explore2xmore:
Only sharing and not debating.

The name Jubril, also known as Gabriel, is a highly revered figure in Islamic tradition. As one of the primary archangels, Jubril holds a significant role in delivering divine messages from Allah to prophets such as Muhammad. However, it is essential to recognize that Jubril, although influential, does not encompass the entirety of the spirit of Allah. Islam teaches that Allah's wisdom and presence are vast and immeasurable, far beyond any single entity or embodiment.

To understand the spirit of Allah, we must first comprehend the concept of Tawhid, the fundamental belief in the oneness of Allah. Tawhid teaches that Allah is indivisible and does not have any partners or associates. Allah's essence cannot be contained or reduced to a single entity, including Jubril. Islamic teachings remind us that Allah is omnipotent, omnipresent, and transcendent, surpassing any human comprehension.

While Jubril is known for delivering revelations to prophets, he is only an intermediary for Allah's divine messages. The Quran makes it clear that Allah is the sole source of guidance and knowledge. In Surah An-Nahl (16:2), it states, "He sends down the angels with the inspiration by His command upon whom He wills of His servants." This verse emphasizes Allah's authority and underscores the subordinate role of the angels, including Jubril.

Additionally, the Quran highlights the fact that there are numerous angels in Allah's creation, all serving different purposes. Some angels are responsible for recording our deeds, while others are protectors or helpers. This diverse array of angels indicates that each angel has a specific function and cannot embody the entirety of Allah's spirit. Allah's power and presence extend beyond any single angelic figure.

Moreover, the Islamic tradition recognizes that Allah's spirit encompasses all creation. Allah's attributes, such as mercy, wisdom, and justice, are reflected in various aspects of existence. The Quran states, "It is He who created the heavens and earth in six days and then established Himself above the Throne. He knows what penetrates into the earth and what emerges from it and what descends from the heaven and what ascends therein; and He is with you wherever you are. And Allah, of what you do, is Seeing." (57:4). This verse suggests that Allah's presence permeates the entire universe and is not limited to a specific angel or entity. Do not interprete Allah being with you to merely physically being with you but understand Allah is all encompassing of his creation which all came from him.

Therefore, while Jubril plays an instrumental role in delivering divine messages, it is essential to remember that his role is just a fragment of Allah's vast wisdom and presence. Islam urges its followers to establish a direct connection with Allah by seeking His guidance and adhering to His teachings in the Quran. This direct connection allows individuals to tap into the spirit of Allah themselves and strengthen their relationship with the divine.

Jubril, as a respected archangel, is not comprehensive enough to embody the entirety of the spirit of Allah. Islamic teachings emphasize the oneness of Allah and His immeasurability, transcending any individual or entity. While Jubril serves as an intermediary for Allah's divine messages, it is our individual responsibility as Muslims to cultivate a personal connection with Allah and seek His guidance directly. By recognizing the vastness of Allah's spirit, we can deepen our understanding of Islam and strengthen our faith.

Allah's spirit is not limited to a single angel or being, but rather encompasses the divine essence that is spread throughout the universe. The spirit of Allah is all-encompassing and can be felt and experienced in numerous ways, whether through the beauty of nature, the compassion in people's hearts, or the serenity found in prayer. It is not confined to the interactions of angels alone, but rather a force that permeates all aspects of creation.

Muslims with internal inconsistent loads of contradictions.

It is impossible to answer my questions without defining what a spirit is. This is a simple exercise by both Jews and Christians.

It doesn't dawn on you that
1. If Jubril is an Angel, he is a Creation of Allah
2. If Jibril is a creation of Allah, he CANNOT be an attribute of Allah.

1. So, In Islam, if Jibril is a spirit are other Angels also spirits?
Heb 1:7:
"And of the angels he (God) said, Who makes his angels spirits , and his ministers a flame of fire."

2. I asked you a question : How is Adam created in the image or form or picture of Allah as we know that Allah was not made from mud? (Is Allah 60 cubits tall?)

If Mohammed couldn't say what Ruh is, what makes you think you can say anything other than vagues about it?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 2:12am On Oct 11, 2023
TenQ:

Muslims with internal inconsistent loads of contradictions.

It is impossible to answer my questions without defining what a spirit is. This is a simple exercise by both Jews and Christians.

It doesn't dawn on you that

Your problem is with how you want questions answered to suit a fixed format. You don't conduct an investigative experiment with a known result.
Jibril is a creation of Allah as you are too.
God talks to his creation in different ways according to his majesty. Don't you talk and cimmunicate to other beings. Is this not you exhibiting an attribute similar to that of God?God spoke directly to Moses or didn't he?

2. This discussion is old and I may not remember specifically however if you are an architect and draw up a plan which you later transform into a building is it not your plan or design that you have built?

You go to hadith that resonates with what you have in your Bible?

You should consider this Hadith in a way befitting Allah without comparison or likening Allah’s Attributes to those of His Creation or denial of Allah’s Attributes. It does not necessarily mean that his Image (may He be Glorified) is like the image of human beings.

Allah says he created man in the best of forms,
then reduced him to the lowest of the low,except those who believe and do righteous deeds; for them is a reward without end.

Do you not reflect on the status of man in paradise before he came down to earth? Do you not reason the high status of man before when all his needs were available to him? In comparison to his struggle on earth before a later return to the high position in the afterlife?

TenQ:

Heb 1:7:
"And of the angels he (God) said, Who makes his angels spirits , and his ministers a flame of fire."

2. I asked you a question : How is Adam created in the image or form or picture of Allah as we know that Allah was not made from mud? (Is Allah 60 cubits tall?)

With the little I have said surely it falls far below what Muhammad salallahu alaihi wa salam says and who qualifies you as a judge?
TenQ:

If Mohammed couldn't say what Ruh is, what makes you think you can say anything other than vagues about it?

Why bother asking questions on issues to which when you are responded you can only fault? Indeed it's not buy pompous ignorant mischief you play at.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 2:37am On Oct 11, 2023
FxMasterz:

The Almighty does His works through us. Our personal works are unacceptable. They don't measure up to His standard.

A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the LORD.

Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise.

Philippians 2:13
For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to desire and to work out His good purpose

Lamentations 3:37–40 (NCV)
37 Nobody can speak and have it happen unless the Lord commands it.
38 Both bad and good things come by the command of the Most High God.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 5:36am On Oct 11, 2023
Explore2xmore:

A person’s own folly leads to their ruin, yet their heart rages against the LORD.

Stop deceiving yourselves. If you think you are wise by this world’s standards, you need to become a fool to be truly wise.

Philippians 2:13
For it is God who is working in you, enabling you both to desire and to work out His good purpose

Lamentations 3:37–40 (NCV)
37 Nobody can speak and have it happen unless the Lord commands it.
38 Both bad and good things come by the command of the Most High God.

Meanwhile, Mohammed who claims to prophecy in line with previous prophets, brought a contradictory message of self righteousness.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:47am On Oct 11, 2023
Explore2xmore:

What is the WORKS of the Almighty?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 8:30am On Oct 11, 2023
I have asked you basic and simple question to which you neither produced a logical or theological explanations

Is this untrue

The Questions

Explore2xmore:

Your problem is with how you want questions answered to suit a fixed format. You don't conduct an investigative experiment with a known result.
Jibril is a creation of Allah as you are too.
God talks to his creation in different ways according to his majesty. Don't you talk and cimmunicate to other beings. Is this not you exhibiting an attribute similar to that of God?God spoke directly to Moses or didn't he?

2. This discussion is old and I may not remember specifically however if you are an architect and draw up a plan which you later transform into a building is it not your plan or design that you have built?

You go to hadith that resonates with what you have in your Bible?

You should consider this Hadith in a way befitting Allah without comparison or likening Allah’s Attributes to those of His Creation or denial of Allah’s Attributes. It does not necessarily mean that his Image (may He be Glorified) is like the image of human beings.

Allah says he created man in the best of forms,
then reduced him to the lowest of the low,except those who believe and do righteous deeds; for them is a reward without end.

Do you not reflect on the status of man in paradise before he came down to earth? Do you not reason the high status of man before when all his needs were available to him? In comparison to his struggle on earth before a later return to the high position in the afterlife?

With the little I have said surely it falls far below what Muhammad salallahu alaihi wa salam says and who qualifies you as a judge?

Why bother asking questions on issues to which when you are responded you can only fault? Indeed it's not buy pompous ignorant mischief you play at.

So, is a spirit eg. Jubril an attribute of Allah?
And is ANY of the attribute of Allah created?

You can't answer because you prophet doesn't know what the Spirit is!

Your response is summarised with
Why bother asking questions on issues to which when you are responded you can only fault? Indeed it's not buy pompous ignorant mischief you play at

This is a serious Escapist way of responding to valid Questions. Give me a Logical or Theological Answers with respect to Islam.

The Religion of the Jews and the Religion of the Christians have answers to these questions: ask me and I will tell you clearly and unequivocally BUT before then, tell me the answers to the simple questions.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2023
FxMasterz:

Meanwhile, Mohammed who claims to prophecy in line with previous prophets, brought a contradictory message of self righteousness.

Could you elaborate? I don't understand you.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

What is the WORKS of the Almighty?

Perharps my statement is unclear. Doing works according to the will of the almighty.

Tell me though what you understand by the former.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2023
Explore2xmore:

Could you elaborate? I don't understand you.
Mohammed told you that you can please God by weighing more good works than evil works, isn't it?

All the Biblical prophets whom he claims to be in line with, have a rather opposing message.

You quoted from Ezekiel and I showed you how those scriptures contradict Mohammed.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2023
Did Allah or God not breath his spirit into Adam? Is it all his spirit that was put into Adam?
Do you not exist by having some spirit comprising you? This spirit is from where?

It seems you are having trouble differentiating how everything that exist is from the almighty as there was nothing but him until he created.

All authority belongs to the almighty yet you exhibit authority over some things. Does this make you equal to God or God. Does whatever authority you seem to possess not come under the supreme authority?

The attribute seen in Jibril is not equal to this same attribute of Allah. Can Jibril do anything that Allah doesn't command done by him?

TenQ:
I have asked you basic and simple question to which you neither produced a logical or theological explanations

Is this untrue

The Questions

So, is a spirit eg. Jubril an attribute of Allah?
And is ANY of the attribute of Allah created?

You can't answer because you prophet doesn't know what the Spirit is!

Your response is summarised with
Why bother asking questions on issues to which when you are responded you can only fault? Indeed it's not buy pompous ignorant mischief you play at

This is a serious Escapist way of responding to valid Questions. Give me a Logical or Theological Answers with respect to Islam.

The Religion of the Jews and the Religion of the Christians have answers to these questions: ask me and I will tell you clearly and unequivocally BUT before then, tell me the answers to the simple questions.

Remember too Jibril r.a is likely amongst the angels that bowed before Adam
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 6:43pm On Oct 12, 2023
FxMasterz:

Mohammed told you that you can please God by weighing more good works than evil works, isn't it?

All the Biblical prophets whom he claims to be in line with, have a rather opposing message.

You quoted from Ezekiel and I showed you how those scriptures contradict Mohammed.

By weighing? Could you share this saying attributed to Muhammad and preferrably from the Quran
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2023
Explore2xmore:

By weighing? Could you share this saying attributed to Muhammad and preferrably from the Quran

How do you expect to get to paradise as a Muslim? What do you think would qualify you? Is it not good works?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2023
FxMasterz:

How do you expect to get to paradise as a Muslim? What do you think would qualify you? Is it not good works?

You made the statement below and I ask you of the exact reference. Why can't you present it? Mind you I don't understand what you mean by contradicting.

FxMasterz:

FxMasterz:

Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 7:04pm On Oct 12, 2023
Explore2xmore:

You made the statement below and I ask you of the exact reference. Why can't you present it? Mind you I don't understand what you mean by contradicting.

Am I a Muslim?

Tell me that my assertion about your reliance on good works is a lie.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:18pm On Oct 12, 2023
Explore2xmore:

Perharps my statement is unclear. Doing works according to the will of the almighty.
Tell me though what you understand by the former.

Both mean the same to me because the will of someone is what the person is working to achieve.

So what is the will of the Almighty?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 7:31pm On Oct 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

Both mean the same to me because the will of someone is what the person is working to achieve.

So what is the will of the Almighty?

To be obeyed and praised by all he created
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 7:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
FxMasterz:

Am I a Muslim?

Tell me that my assertion about your reliance on good works is a lie.

But you made a statement with certainty about the last prophet of Islam. How then do you know what you say or is it something you assume?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 7:39pm On Oct 12, 2023
Explore2xmore:

But you made a statement with certainty about the last prophet of Islam. How then do you know what you say or is it something you assume?
You should have denied it.

Which one is the last prophet of Islam? Are you kidding me?

Here's a link to some 25 good works a Muslim must do to enter paradise. The list is not exhaustive. Numerous sections of your holy books were quoted.

https://backtojannah.com/ways-to-enter-jannah/
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 7:51pm On Oct 12, 2023
FxMasterz:

You should have denied it.

Which one is the last prophet of Islam? Are you kidding me?

Here's a link to some 25 good works a Muslim must do to enter paradise. The list is not exhaustive. Numerous sections of your holy books were quoted.

https://backtojannah.com/ways-to-enter-jannah/

Interesting response. You made a statement and I ask to understand you properly? Where does a denial come from?

I asked for preferrably Quran and you direct me to a whole 25 hadith reference. Not impressive.
I ask for Quran as this has less infusion of other people's understanding even if the arabic is translated.

How do these things negate what other prophets said before?
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:00pm On Oct 12, 2023
Explore2xmore:

To be obeyed and praised by all he created
There are so many deities all claiming they are God Almighty with contradicting requirements so that mankind is confused regarding what the Almighty God require for real.
So how can we all come to a reasonable agreement on what the Almighty requires from mankind i believe this will help us to know who is the true God!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 8:08pm On Oct 12, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

There are so many deities all claiming they are God Almighty with contradicting requirements so that mankind is confused regarding what the Almighty God require for real.
So how can we all come to a reasonable agreement on what the Almighty requires from mankind i believe this will help us to know who is the true God!

The truth is clearly distinct from falsehood. Once you sincerely seek the almighty he himself will guide you.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
Explore2xmore:

The truth is clearly distinct from falsehood. Once you sincerely seek the almighty he himself will guide you.
That is what all religionists always say!

So are you saying Judaists, Hindus, Buddhists, Traditionalists, Catholics, Protestants, Muslims and all others claiming they know Almighty God know what God requires yet they're all contradicting themselves? smiley
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by FxMasterz: 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
Explore2xmore:

Interesting response. You made a statement and I ask to understand you properly? Where does a denial come from?

I asked for preferrably Quran and you direct me to a whole 25 hadith reference. Not impressive.
I ask for Quran as this has less infusion of other people's understanding even if the arabic is translated.

How do these things negate what other prophets said before?

I have asked you to deny that good works qualify people for paradise according to Islamic teachings.

The stand of the Bible and its prophets is in the opposite. Prove me wrong regarding Islam.
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by TenQ: 10:33pm On Oct 12, 2023
Your problem is that you can't truly define what a spirit is.
Before I ask you the questions again, I let me give you a crash course of things with respect to both Jews and Christians.

The Bible states clearly that God Himself is a Spirit!
John 4:24:
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

A Spirit is the essence of God visible in the non material world. The Spirit is that which gives life unending to whoever God imputes it. Thus when God breathe into man of His spirit, does man became a soul that exists forever. This is the image of God.
Prov 20:27:
"The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly."

Gen 1:27:
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

God made His Angels spirits.
Ps 104:4:
"Who (God) makes his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:"

In a layman language:
1. A Human Being is composed of a Trinity of a Body, a Soul and a Spirit (They live eternally)
2. Angels are composed of a Duality of a Soul and a Spirit. (They live eternally)
3. Demons are composed of a Duality of a Soul and a Spirit (They live eternally)
4. Animals are composed of a Duality of a Body and a Soul (They live temporarily)

The Body:
The Body is the Physical component of who you are. It was given by God to interact with the physical realm.
The Soul:
The Soul is the Emotional, Intellectual and Decision part of a Being. The soul is the Personal identity of a person.
The Spirit:
The Spirit is the Spiritual component of who you are. you It was given by God to interact with the spiritual realm. The Spirit of man gives him the attribute of a Conscience and Faith and Spiritual Awareness.

No one is equating any being to God: this is impossible. God through His spirit gives man and angels some of his attributes.

You can see how these makes logical sense to both Jews and Christians.

Explore2xmore:
Did Allah or God not breath his spirit into Adam? Is it all his spirit that was put into Adam?
Do you not exist by having some spirit comprising you? This spirit is from where?

It seems you are having trouble differentiating how everything that exist is from the almighty as there was nothing but him until he created.

All authority belongs to the almighty yet you exhibit authority over some things. Does this make you equal to God or God. Does whatever authority you seem to possess not come under the supreme authority?

The attribute seen in Jibril is not equal to this same attribute of Allah. Can Jibril do anything that Allah doesn't command done by him?

Remember too Jibril r.a is likely amongst the angels that bowed before Adam

NOW:
Let me ask you a few questions (I hope you wouldn't dodge responding to it)
1. In Islam, what is a Spirit (Ruh)?
2. In that light, how is Jubril a spirit?
3. Are other Angels spirits?
4. In Islam, what does it mean that man was created in the image of God
5. Is islam, I what is the difference between a Soul (Nafs) and a Spirit (Ruh)

Don't avoid answering each of these questions!
Re: Why I Converted To Islam After 20yrs Of Being A Committed Christian by Explore2xmore: 12:18am On Oct 13, 2023
TenQ:
Your problem is that you can't truly define what a spirit is.
Before I ask you the questions again, I let me give you a crash course of things with respect to both Jews and Christians.

The Bible states clearly that God Himself is a Spirit!
John 4:24:
"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

A Spirit is the essence of God visible in the non material world. The Spirit is that which gives life unending to whoever God imputes it. Thus when God breathe into man of His spirit, does man became a soul that exists forever. This is the image of God.
Prov 20:27:
"The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly."

Gen 1:27:
"So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them."

God made His Angels spirits.
Ps 104:4:
"Who (God) makes his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:"

In a layman language:
1. A Human Being is composed of a Trinity of a Body, a Soul and a Spirit (They live eternally)
2. Angels are composed of a Duality of a Soul and a Spirit. (They live eternally)
3. Demons are composed of a Duality of a Soul and a Spirit (They live eternally)
4. Animals are composed of a Duality of a Body and a Soul (They live temporarily)

The Body:
The Body is the Physical component of who you are. It was given by God to interact with the physical realm.
The Soul:
The Soul is the Emotional, Intellectual and Decision part of a Being. The soul is the Personal identity of a person.
The Spirit:
The Spirit is the Spiritual component of who you are. you It was given by God to interact with the spiritual realm. The Spirit of man gives him the attribute of a Conscience and Faith and Spiritual Awareness.

No one is equating any being to God: this is impossible. God through His spirit gives man and angels some of his attributes.

You can see how these makes logical sense to both Jews and Christians.

NOW:
Let me ask you a few questions (I hope you wouldn't dodge responding to it)
1. In Islam, what is a Spirit (Ruh)?
2. In that light, how is Jubril a spirit?
3. Are other Angels spirits?
4. In Islam, what does it mean that man was created in the image of God
5. Is islam, I what is the difference between a Soul (Nafs) and a Spirit (Ruh)

Don't avoid answering each of these questions!

The overtly learned Tenq that knows it all. What course can you give me? Does your Bible deceive you to know all about God yet your Jesus messiah reports of things he knows not except the father. Father referring to almighty God.

Part of what is known of the spirit of Allah is that the spirit of Allah is an essential aspect of the Islamic faith. It provides believers with guidance, enlightenment, and strength to navigate the challenges of life.The spirit of Allah is present in all living beings, helping them understand and follow Allah's teachings, and protecting them from evil. It is through this divine spirit that believers establish a personal and profound connection with Allah and strive towards leading a life of righteousness.

“And thus We have revealed to you a spirit of Our command. You did not know what the Book was nor faith, but We made it a light, guiding thereby whom We please of Our servants. And indeed, [O Muhammad], you guide to a straight path" (Q42:52).

The spirit of Allah is not confined to an entity . It is believed that Allah's spirit is present within every individual, providing them with the capacity to seek divine knowledge, comprehend righteousness, and distinguish between right and wrong.

The spirit of God is both divine and mysterious, and possesses unique qualities that differentiate it from other creations.It is a reflection of His power and will, capable of bestowing life, guidance, and inspiration upon humans. It is depicted as an ethereal force that can intervene in worldly affairs, imparting wisdom and performing miracles.

It permeates the universe, enabling God to be aware of all things. Surah Al-Mujadila (58:7) affirms this by stating, "And God is with them [people] wherever they may be." This highlights the Quranic belief that the spirit of God is not bound by physical limitations but rather omnipresent and directly connected to creation.

Your Biblical definition has the spirit or holy spirit as part of a three or one in three like some extreme type of mathematics.

When considering John 4:24, it is crucial to appreciate the broader context of the verse and its implications. The notion of God as a spirit speaks to the spiritual realm rather than implying a corporeal existence. Spirituality encompasses the essence of God—a metaphysical presence that cannot be confined within human parameters. Identifying God as spirit underscores the infinite nature and transcendence associated with divinity.

What is God searching for like it's hidden and he is unaware of everything?

Genesis 1:27 may be understood metaphorically, highlighting that humans possess certain qualities that set them apart from the rest of creation. Unlike other creatures, humans have the ability to reason, make choices, and possess moral consciousness. This unique capacity allows individuals to contemplate and understand their relationship with God and the world, serves as a basis for ethical decision-making, and enables them to strive for personal growth and transformation. This verse should not be misunderstood to mean mankind looks like God. Far above comparison is God to anything. Perhaps as your Biblical God adopted a human form this is the likeness you refer to. For above such comparison is Allah whom nothing is like or comparable to.

Humans possess qualities that reflect the divine, whether that be spiritual characteristics or the unique capabilities that set them apart from other creatures. These however are but a tiny reflection of the divine.

Then you try to justify your trinity by attempting to describe in relation to man? Really unfortunate though as many argue that spirit and soul are synonymous and refer to the same aspect of human existence. Or you say the soul is the essence of an individual, comprising their emotions, thoughts, and consciousness. It is the part of a person that experiences and learns from the physical world, leading to personal growth and self-awareness while spirit represents the deeper, more transcendent aspect of human existence. It is often associated with the divine or higher power and is believed to hold infinite wisdom, truth, and connection to a world beyond the physical. Can you seriously separate spirit from soul this way? Jesus in your Bible refers to soul of man but not spirit. Does this not show there aren't these two in man as distinct or the same?

Do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
Why no mention of spirit?

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Pastor Paul Enenche: Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell (Video) / Guru Maharaj Ji Is Alive, Not Dead, Says Aide / Bishop David Oyedepo Prays For The Death Of Ritual Killers In Nigeria

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.