Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,556 members, 7,955,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:57 PM

Are There Really Gay Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Really Gay Christians? (636 Views)

Is There Really Anything God Can To Restore Leah Sheribu's Lost Years? / Do Gay Christians Go To Heaven? / "If Angel Michael Comes To The U.S., Gay Christians Will Try To Rape Him"-pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Really Gay Christians? by Convos: 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
In University I found out that my course mate and best friend and at one point in time major crush was gay; and it was a such a huge shocker because he was the Bible studies coordinator of a fellowship in school. Funny enough, this revelation is what made me give my life to Christ (a whole other story).

Anyways, the answer to the headline of this post is YES. If by “gay” you mean happy, buoyant, cheerful and merry then yes of course there are gay Christians. The problem arises when an individual identifies as a gay (read Homosexual) Christian.

Before I elaborate let me lay down a few basic facts:

1. Sin is Sin

If we commit a single sin, we are as guilty (in God’s eyes) as if we had committed the worst sin–regardless of which sin we committed. This is based on the idea that God’s holiness is so extreme, that even one transgression is greater than he can accept. This idea is supported with two key verses James 2:10, Romans 3:23 (Thank God for Grace.)

2. The word “Christian” means being Christ-like.

As we, all know Jesus Christ was sinless. Essentially, being a Christian does not mean that we too should come and go and die on a cross (Maka why? when I never hammer) but we should strive to be like Him and this becomes much easier with the help of the Holy Spirit.

So therefore using Bible Logic it is safe to say that there is no such thing as a Lying Christian, Adulterous Christian or Homosexual Christian. Indeed, some believers STRUGGLE with these urges but as far as I’m...

CONTINUE READING HERE... http://thenakedconvos.com/ther-really-gay-christians/
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Convos: 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Convos: 9:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
Read
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nothing like gay Christians,
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Probably gay church goer and bench warmer
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Convos: 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Read...
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Niflheim(m): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
@Convos,

Brilliant write up!!! Those who are known to always mistakenly give themselves "oxymoronic titles", are in essence.............................MORONS!!!
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by shadeyinka(m): 3:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
Convos:
In University I found out that my course mate and best friend and at one point in time major crush was gay; and it was a such a huge shocker because he was the Bible studies coordinator of a fellowship in school. Funny enough, this revelation is what made me give my life to Christ (a whole other story).

Anyways, the answer to the headline of this post is YES. If by “gay” you mean happy, buoyant, cheerful and merry then yes of course there are gay Christians. The problem arises when an individual identifies as a gay (read Homosexual) Christian.

Before I elaborate let me lay down a few basic facts:

1. Sin is Sin

If we commit a single sin, we are as guilty (in God’s eyes) as if we had committed the worst sin–regardless of which sin we committed. This is based on the idea that God’s holiness is so extreme, that even one transgression is greater than he can accept. This idea is supported with two key verses James 2:10, Romans 3:23 (Thank God for Grace.)

2. The word “Christian” means being Christ-like.

As we, all know Jesus Christ was sinless. Essentially, being a Christian does not mean that we too should come and go and die on a cross (Maka why? when I never hammer) but we should strive to be like Him and this becomes much easier with the help of the Holy Spirit.

So therefore using Bible Logic it is safe to say that there is no such thing as a Lying Christian, Adulterous Christian or Homosexual Christian. Indeed, some believers STRUGGLE with these urges but as far as I’m...

CONTINUE READING HERE... http://thenakedconvos.com/ther-really-gay-christians/

Homosexuality is a spiritual disease. Demons are in charge and are using this person to commit sacrileges to the God of Heaven.

Now, do we have Christians (Born Agains) who are struggling with homosexual thoughts and acts? YES!
BUT
Are there Christians (Born Agains) who have resigned to their homosexual tendencies? NO!

...If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature, old things have passed away, behold all things have become new.

Meaning that, one of the characteristic marks of a christian, is one who is NOT comfortable when in Sin. Anyone who calls himself a christian while justifying sin is most probably not a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Convos: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Continue
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Convos: 7:57pm On Oct 15, 2017
Read..
Re: Are There Really Gay Christians? by Convos: 7:55pm On Nov 13, 2017
Read

(1) (Reply)

Glo Claims She Communicates With Ghosts On Daily Basis / What Does The Bible Say About Euthanasia? Jw.org / Tithe: Can A Mature Christian Please Explain This Part Of The Bible About Tithe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.