Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,318 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking (925 Views)

Bill Mandating Teaching Against SGBV In Schools A Plus For Female Folks — OCI NG / Python Bites Thai Teenager On His Penis While Sitting On Toilet (Pix, Video) / Indonesian Teenager Impaled By Needlefish That Jumped Out Of Water (Graphic Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
The hood where I stay just saw a piece of land acquired by a bar/lodge-in, a building we share fence with. The surrounding is remote and the fences aren't high enough. The bar wasn't a success as intended so the owners had to go gung-ho.

They employed strippers and scantily dressed prostitutes, blasted music as loud as possible from evening into the morning and most dangerously, they encouraged stoners, very heavy smokers, to come in droves with their various intoxicants and narcotics. Street urchins don't take cigarettes but weed and marijuana.

When they smoke the air becomes very stuffy and breathing becomes very difficult. On special occasions, like DJ UNVEILING or PROSTITUTE AUCTION TO HIGHEST BIDDER, the guests can be as much as 400, with 90% smokers,. I've tried methods like stuffing wet rags underneath my door, closing windows and openings but this creates some sort of chimney effect and does more harm than good. I've even called the Lagos emergency number and spoken with representatives, but after promising and collation of my data and location, they never show up. The owner is a woman and she has SARS officials, policemen and military officers as male friends, I think this is why the neighborhood hasn't started a fuse.

It gets even worse because I'm very sensitive to dust and smoke, I thought I could walk this over till we relocated but I'm already developing symptoms like bloodied eyes, sleeplessness, runny nose and difficulty in breathing. I understand passive smokers are more prone to heart diseases and cancer than active smokers. I'm not a conscientious adult yet nor am I up to the legal driving age, I'm into my late teens.

I UNDERSTAND SMOKING IS ILLEGAL IN LAGOS, AND SECOND-HAND SMOKING IS EVEN A BIGGER OFFENSE, SO I HOPE FOLKS COULD RECOMMEND ANY AGENCIES THAT I CAN WRITE, CALL, VISIT OR INVITE TO HELP BAN OR RESTRICT SUCH HEALTH DANGER TO MY RESIDENTIAL ENVIRONMENT.

I also understand that this was too lengthy, and so I hope I have been able to stir reactions from Concerned Citizens. As I write this piece this windless evening, I'm steadily inhaling dried weed, something I'm getting institutionalized to, it's shaping up into one of those long nights, na beg I dey so.
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by ikbnice(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2017
Better go stay with a friend than kill yourself before your time
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by jmichlins(m): 5:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
Lalasticala please come and help him. You won't be smoking and I will be suffering the effects
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
ikbnice:
Better go stay with a friend than kill yourself before your time

This is very unrealistic brother, none of my age bracket have apartments of their own.
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by ikbnice(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
TheLoneCitizen:

This is very unrealistic brother, none of my age bracket have apartments of their own.
I think you need to get a nose filter and ear plugs pending the time of relocating. That would keep you safe
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by TheLoneCitizen(m): 5:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
ikbnice:
I think you need to get a nose filter and ear plugs pending the time of relocating. That would keep you safe

Appreciate the response brother, research says "Effects on the skin alone include dryness, premature aging, skin rashes, eczema and acne", not forgetting the physical effect it has to my eye. This are organs I can notice, what of the danger posed to organs I can't see?
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by ikbnice(m): 5:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
TheLoneCitizen:

Appreciate the response brother, research says "Effects on the skin alone include dryness, premature aging, skin rashes, eczema and acne", not forgetting the physical effect it has to my eye. This are organs I can notice, what of the danger posed to organs I can't see?
those who smoke it don't even have this quickly. Why not attend to pressing matters first. You ain't gonna stay there long.
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
ikbnice:
those who smoke it don't even have this quickly. Why not attend to pressing matters first. You ain't gonna stay there long.

Ha, it's a fact that passive smoking is more dangerous than active smoking.

Secondly, smoking causes danger to you the moment you smoke not over a period of years as stated.

Thirdly, relocation would take between 6-12 months, we've recently renewed our rent, and we have to see it out. Appreciate.
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by ikbnice(m): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2017
TheLoneCitizen:

Ha, it's a fact that passive smoking is more dangerous than active smoking.

Secondly, smoking causes danger to you the moment you smoke not over a period of years as stated.

Thirdly, relocation would take between 6-12 months, we've recently renewed our rent, and we have to see it out. Appreciate.
don't worry, keep inhaling then.
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by TheLoneCitizen(m): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
ikbnice:

You're going over the top here, brother, where can I get a filter, can't find on online stores? Price?

I also need help with an organization that can help in the restriction.
Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by TheLoneCitizen(m): 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2017
ikbnice:

Please can anyone help with where I can get A nose filter, can't find it online. My health is steadily deteriorating

thermolady, queensnow ,
beejaay , MoyosBlog123 ( f), davsquared,
olalayo1710( f), Eddymaria, ebony13 ,
happyqueen , atumomo( f), alhab ( m), gigy ( f),
infinitypro( m), dependableGod(f ), Diderot001 ,
Tonobone, peggycious ( f), Preshdarl ,
olamidefatoye ( f), Mbliz( f ), Lorax( f),
creamylicious ( f), Bossjosh , limz( f), heroinqc( f ),
Slimceezy ( m), Satansadvocate , ochendo809( m),
Desola1 ( f), lovicks , kelizosuy , edithodg ,
dhummystecah (f ), Bukkyright( f )

happyqueen , atumomo( f ),
alhab( m), gigy ( f), infinitypro( m), dependableGod
( f ), Diderot001 , Tonobone , peggycious ( f),
Preshdarl, olamidefatoye (f ), Mbliz( f), Lorax(f ),
creamylicious ( f ), heroinqc ( f), Slimceezy ( m),
Satansadvocate , ochendo809 (m ), Desola1 ( f),
lovicks , dhummystecah ( f), Bukkyright ( f), fatiah ,
PHC4 ( m), obinnanelson4 ( m), laryom1 ( m),
Joelsblog ( m), Activity77 ( m), draigboje( m),
TheTechMan, ebidabs , YetidStores , ffvsquared,
FreeConCiencE , tomickdesigns ( f), tr

Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by infonirt: 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hope this helps

Re: I Need Assistance Folks, For I As A Teenager, I'm Passively Smoking by Rolandken(m): 10:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
@op I must confess, you write much more mature for a teenager. Impressive.

That being said, do you live alone or with parents? If with parents, relay this problem with them and ask them to do something about it since it's detrimentally affecting your health.

(1) (Reply)

Facial Burn Treatment Needed!!! / 7 Ways To Boost Your Endurance And Stamina / Delayed Puberty In Sickle Cell Disorder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.