Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful (1785 Views)

Kashamu: Let’s Be Kind To The Dead, Tinubu Tells Obasanjo / Ihedioha Should Be Very Careful Or He Will Go To Jail – Mbaka / Sheikh Gumi To CJN: Leave Sharia Alone, Talk About Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2017
Restructuring is the reigning word now all over the country.

I just want to say that we should be very careful what we are asking for.

I hope restructuring will not lead to mass job loss at the federal level.

I hope we will not have states where people will start eating human beings to survive.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2017
Personally I recommend power rotation between the north and the south for a single term of six years to be included in our constitution.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by greatermax77(m): 12:03pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lets go back to regionalism of 1963 period.
There was more development & competion then.
The south knows what they want, is only the north that is confusing themselves

2 Likes

Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Desyner: 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

I hope restructuring will not leave to mass job loss at the federal level.

I hope we will not have states where people will start eating human beings to survive.
Parasitic mentality. Our current structure has already left too many of us shortchanged. So if people lose their jobs it is perfectly normal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Truckpusher(m): 12:06pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:
Personally I recommend power rotation between the north and the south for a single term of six years to be included in our constitution.
You lazy mofos with your warped mentality about changes are the reason why Nigeria is so backward.

How does restructuring turn people into cannibals ? undecided You want to keep the unproductive unitary system at all cost - So when the oil in the Niger Delta runs out what happens ?

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 12:07pm On Sep 26, 2017
greatermax77:

We had four regions in 1963 hope you know. The north is saying that if regionalism is the preferred choice then we must return to the former four regions.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 12:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
Truckpusher:
You lazy mofos with your warped mentality about changes are the reason why Nigeria is so backward.

How does restructuring turn people into cannibals ? undecided You want to keep the unproductive unitary system at all cost - So when the oil in the Niger Delta runs out what happens ?

Oga, I never said we should keep the unitary system. I am only saying that we should be careful.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 12:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
Desyner:
Parasitic mentality. Our current structure has already left too many of us shortchanged. So if people lose their jobs it is perfectly normal.

So you don't mind mass loss of jobs If you don't, others do. Thx
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Desyner: 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

So you don't mind mass loss of jobs If you don't, others do. Thx
What about the massive joblessness, corruption, starvation, and underdevelopment we have on ground? It is clear you are one of the parasites benefiting from the current structure.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Desyner:
What about the massive joblessness, corruption, starvation, and underdevelopment we have on ground? It is clear you are one of the parasites benefiting from the current structure.

I am not benefiting oga. So you want to add to the massive joblessness on ground already?
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Deprofessional(m): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

We had four regions in 1963 hope you know. The north is saying that if regionalism is the preferred choice then we must return to the former four regions.

Mention the four regions.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 12:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
Deprofessional:

Mention the four regions.

North, East, West & Mid West.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Deprofessional(m): 12:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
For me, Nigeria should be divided into 6 regions namely:

1 south east

2. south west

3. south south

4. North east

5. North west

6. North central

Any of this regions can create as many as one million states and local governments if it wants and if it can carter for them.
Every region will pay not more than 10% tax to the central government for maintenance of the military and of course there must be equal number of military officer from each region.

Each region is free to harness and develop at its own pace. In fact, the east can enter into agreement with multinational companies to drilling her gas reserves and of course mine its coal deposits.

Each region can be represented in CHAN and othe African sporting events

1 Like

Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Desyner: 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

I am not benefiting oga. So you want to add to the massive joblessness on ground already?
You are. If not you won't turn a blind eye to the challenges on ground. Restructuring isn't about just sacking people it entails sacking dormant people in redundant positions people and replacing them with needed hands and positions. It will lead to increase productivity and help reduce poverty, inflation, joblessness (cos there are many need hands).
You tell me which is better, a dormant special adviser to a governor earning N500,000/month or six active civil servants earning 83,300 each?

Those civil servants could be nurses, technician, construction workers serving me and you directly instead of one fake big man earning so much for contributing nothing.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 12:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
Deprofessional:

1 south east

2. south west

3. south south

4. North east

5. North west

6. North central

Any of this regions can create as many as one million states and local governments if it wants and if it can carter for them.
Every region will pay not more than 10% tax to the central government for maintenance of the military and of course there must be equal number of military officer from each region.

Well, the north is saying no. If we must go back to regionalism then we must also go back to the four regions.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by OjukwuWarBird: 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

What kind of reasoning is this one self

Massive loss of federal jobs for more State & private sector jobs through Restructuring
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 12:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
Desyner:
You are. If not you won't turn a blind eye to the challenges on ground. Restructuring isn't about just sacking people it entails sacking dormant people in redundant positions people and replacing them with needed hands and positions. It will lead to increase productivity and help reduce poverty, inflation, joblessness (cos there are many need hands).
You tell me which is better, a dormant special adviser to a governor earning N500,000/month or six active civil servants earning 83,300 each?

Those civil servants could be nurses, technician, construction workers serving me and you directly instead of one fake big man earning so much for contributing nothing.

I am actually concerned about civil servants in FG parastatals not politicians and their cronies.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Desyner: 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

I am actually concerned about civil servants in FG parastatals not politicians and their cronies.
What about the dormant civil servants? The corrupt ones, the political jobber being reward with civil service status ?
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by otosa(m): 12:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
attack!321:

I hope restructuring will not leave to mass job loss at the federal level. I hope we will not have states where people will start eating human beings to survive.
Mass job loss indeed. What development are they adding to National development, most of them are just there collecting the bribe. We need to press the reset button on this system to make it function very well again. Especially for those in ministry of power,housing and works. Meanwhile, help me tell Mr.Lia that we don't need him any more because federal government do not has culture. Please, no be me talk am na Alafin of oyo the royal majestic Oba Lamidi Adeyemi the third talk am. So if that Python want dance Asonto make no come my place became if I wish to watch dancing Competition I will contact Kafi. grin
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Naijiant: 12:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
Most people talking restructuring are ignorant of our history: https://www.naijiant.com/articles/history-lesson-advocates-restructuring-nigeria/
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by PureMe01: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

Well, the north is saying no. If we must go back to regionalism then we must also go back to the four regions.
wat are d four regions if I may ask pls
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Ddaji(m): 1:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

with restructured Nigeria all state are going to contribute equal numbers of civil servants at federal level.Based on statistics released by bureau for public service reforms the federal workers from IMO state alone are more than federal workers for 6 states of north west,me and you know that this will not be accepted after full resurrecturing.Go to federal Secretariat and see those civil servants are not doing anything beside collection of salary.Bros don't worry resurrecturing is going open a lot of hidden thing,just order for more popcorn and continue watching.https://www.nairaland.com/3197306/states-number-federal-civil-servants
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Deprofessional(m): 1:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

What, in your opinion, is the reason why the norh prefer a 4 regional arrangement to a 6 regional arrangement?

I am currently preparing a paper on restructuring to regional arrangement.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Bede2u(m): 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
As an Igbo guy I'd also prefer the 4 regional agreement of 1963 because the old eastern region was Africa's fastest developing economy in 1965. But is it still feasible? A lot has happened now and it would be had to convince the Benue or kogi man that he should be in the same state or region with the Maidugri man. Even convincing Ogoni people to come back to eastern region is impossible for instance.

What we can do is work with the 6 regions, but modify it in such a way that yoruba parts of Nigerdelta and NC goes to SW region, Igbo parts of SS and Benue goes to SE region, Hausa/fulani/Nupe/Kanuri parts of NC goes to either North east or north west. The current 36 states should be made LGs while the 774 LGs be scraped. Elected LG chairmen should go to their regional capitals to form the new regional assemblies... councillors should be dismissed

We should also allow FG to own offshore oil found within a certain km off the coast of Nigeria in order to keep the central govt viable.

There will definitely be job cuts. But money saved from those job cuts would be available to go into infrastructural development to renew our cities and attract investors to create more real jobs.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ddaji:
with restructured Nigeria all state are going to contribute equal numbers of civil servants at federal level.Based on statistics released by bureau for public service reforms the federal workers from IMO state alone are more than federal workers for 6 states of north west,me and you know that this will not be accepted after full resurrecturing.Go to federal Secretariat and see those civil servants are not doing anything beside collection of salary.Bros don't worry resurrecturing is going open a lot of hidden thing,just order for more popcorn and continue watching.https://www.nairaland.com/3197306/states-number-federal-civil-servants

The military will be balanced too. It will no longer be northern military.

DSS will also cease to be Daura Secret Service.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 1:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
Deprofessional:

What, in your opinion, is the reason why the norh prefer a 4 regional arrangement to a 6 regional arrangement?

I am currently preparing a paper on restructuring to regional arrangement.

I have no idea, you can ask them.
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by moninuola65: 2:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
people look at this:

When shall we get it right in this country?
If the Lecturers, PhD, Professors, Doctorat, SAN, can't create political Ideas suitable for this country, and Lazy enough to study any Idea brought by any body politic and apolitic, elaborate it's definition, advantage, disadvantage and it's economics importance then am seriously worry about this nation, because these scholars and these institutions had handed us to the manipulation of evil machination of politicians and we were vulnerable to political wickedness, We know our politicians for unpatriotic selfish and greedy;
Who will check mate them and when this stupidity be stopped?
In America if any one come out with any Idea especially those that concern National interests, the scholars and Universities would intervened Analysed, Elaborate, study and and give their conclusion and informed the public on the issue, So the public will know what they were bargaining if it turns to political game!
Restructure
This restructure that didn't have the exact definition and meaning will lead Nigeria to total destruction and political turmoil;
This restructure is an option "B" for those who were behind the separation of this country.
Ask any advocate of restructure what he mean by restructuring Nigeria they can't give the real mean and it's economics importance to the poor masses.
here are some of their Ideas;
i. True federalism!
ii. Fiscal federalism!
iii. Devolution of power!
iii. Regionalism!
iv. Resources control!
v. State police!
vi. Creation of more states!
etc.
ok. let take it one by one.
i. True federalism
if every states control every thing it's possessed and contributed certain percentage to the center government;
those who have the oil resources today may think they were better off but can those who didn't have resource fold arms?
No they will sift to exorbitant Levis or taxes, what they can laid hand on, food stuff, animal,Land etc!
but who will pay these? the people, Nigeria nation at large!
same thing will happen to;
ii. Fiscal federalism!
iii. Devolution of power!
iv. Resources control!
v. State police!
vi. Creation of more states!
For the regional government it will even worst, it will be total chaos and political turmoil ever experienced in the history of this nation, 1963 crises will be a child play!
How can the Norther region managed the political knock horn of Atiku, musa kwankoso, Ganduche, Saraki etc for Norther premier?
How can the East manage the political duel of the their politicians...wike, amaechi, Iphezu, okorocha etc for Eastern premier?
How can the west manage the blood feud between Obasanjo Fayose, ffk, Asiwaju Tinubu for the western premier?
In the mid west what will happen with Yaya Belo, Dino melaye, Osimale etc for Mid western premier?
Economics importance:
Nigerian had being dealing with High Cost of governance since adoption of democracy, and right now,
70% is consumed by our political administration,
Only 30% is meant for capital projects and half of it is still embezzled by these political administrators!
How can restructuring of Nigeria bring peace prosperity and harmony for Nigeria Nation?
If Donald Trump can sold his manifestos and Ideas for America to earn their mandate to put check to Obama administration 8 years programs
why our politicians refuse the universal mandate of the people to sell their idea on restructure to us?
Why the political trick?
why not the politician follow the due process:
i. Obey the constitution!
ii. Pass through people's mandate!
This thread is open for debate
No insult, pls.
oladeebo
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by SweetJoystick(m): 2:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

The north has only one voice, they can't decide for east, west and south
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by Ddaji(m): 2:46pm On Sep 26, 2017
attacker321:

The military will be balanced too. It will no longer be northern military.

DSS will also cease to be Daura Secret Service.
forget about all the talk if they show you DSS and army nominal you will collapse. Southerners are more in these agencies mentioned. Pls just ask insider
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by attacker321: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ddaji:
forget about all the talk if they show you DSS and army nominal you will collapse. Southerners are more in these agencies mentioned. Pls just ask insider

Big lie!
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by ProWalker: 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
Deprofessional:

1 south east

2. south west

3. south south

4. North east

5. North west

6. North central

Each region is free to harness and develop at its own pace. In fact, the east can enter into agreement with multinational companies to drilling her gas reserves and of course mine its coal deposits.

Each region can be represented in CHAN and othe African sporting events

In other words you are canvassing for confederation ?
Re: Restructuring; Let's Be Very Careful by moninuola65: 3:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
greatermax77:
Don't be deceived man, the success recorded in 1963 is the British administration legacy,
1960 we have independent,
1963 we have first republic, and all the British institutions and economics influence were still intact and working credibly well, don't forget Nigeria was still in pound sterling till 1973! and Nigerian were still the British national till December 31st 1982!
How can Nigeria politicians claimed 1963 success as theirs?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revealed : Why Tinubu No Longer Trust Ambode / It's Time For Tinubu To Go, He Has Overstayed His Welcome - Agbakoba / Breaking :2019 Predicted Result For Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.