Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Behind The Mask - A Short Story - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Behind The Mask - A Short Story (10672 Views)

Under The Mask - Feather's Stories / The Mask And Other Short Story / Don't Laugh Me, Love Me ( A Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by SOPIGO: 6:00am On Oct 02, 2017
Oyin for d past two days I haven't be able to log into ur site...pls check it out. This is wat it has been showing

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:20am On Oct 02, 2017
SOPIGO:
Oyin for d past two days I haven't be able to log into ur site...pls check it out. This is wat it has been showing
Good morning Are you using Glo?
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by SOPIGO: 9:22am On Oct 02, 2017
Oyinprince:
Good morning Are you using Glo?
yes sir
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 2:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
SOPIGO:
yes sir
Well, for some days now, users of glo have not been able to access some blogger blogs. It'll work perfectly fine if you use another network
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by SOPIGO: 3:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
Oyinprince:
Well, for some days now, users of glo have not been able to access some blogger blogs. It'll work perfectly fine if you use another network
OK....thank u for ur thrilling write up.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by itsandi(m): 3:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Nice Update! Read other cool stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 10:15pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hmmmmm. God please don't stop saving us
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 11:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
© Jones Kwesi Tagbor

My siblings abroad went into a serious moment of prayer and my father also called some elders of our church to assist him in prayers. The spiritual battle became very tough this time round. I was trying to pray with them but to be honest, I didn't even know where to start from. Instead, the irritation on my manhood increased so I needed to get a place to hide and check what was happening. I went into one of the washrooms, unhooked my belt, unzipped my trouser and went down into my boxer only to see that the tip of my manhood has become so red. "What is happening to me? why all this?" I asked myself in displeasure. I came out from the washroom, found myself a place to sit just to think about myself when my phone rang. I answered, and it was my father. "Johnny where are you? " He asked and I told him I was inside the washroom. "Please come around immediately." He ordered and without wasting much time, I went to meet him. He told me the doctor said my mother has to be flown to South Africa for continuity of her treatment so he thinks he would now need the money I had wanted to give him earlier to add to his money to pay for the processing fee. I hurriedly gave out all the money as I couldn't bear the sight of my sick mother and yearned to have her treated but I was so wrong. That money rather went in to strengthen Enyonam and her camp because we were now indebted to them. The processing was done and she was flown out to South Africa. My father went with her leaving his work behind. I called Enyonam to tell her the current developments. I also told her about the irritability of my manhood. She encouraged me and said the irritability might be as a result of the pool we bathed because sometimes, people with all sort of infections do bath the same polluted water and share their infections. However, she said she had some medicine that could cure it so I should come back with immediate effect since my mother was no longer in the country. I returned to Tema and invited her over to my place. She came with some herbal medicine for me to take. This was where I got blindfolded to her tricks. After taking the concoction, the irritation stopped and rather made me Hot. I became so much aroused that it was so uncontrollable. She was already around me so there was no time to waste. We started kissing each other and soon, we were both unclad in my bed. This time around, I left no stone unturned as she moaned and groan in pleasure. I knew not where I even got the strength from but I still gave her three rounds without any protection. All this while, my mother was still battling with her life. She became weak as a result of the fun I was having with Enyonam because that was draining her spiritually. She finally died on their arrival to the South African general hospital. The news came in the evening of that day. I sat down on my floor as tears rolled down my cheeks with no efforts like a waterfall. I cried so bitterly because I never expected her to die so soon. How I wish I could raise the dead.

Hmm, I told you from the beginning that the devil looks for the weaker vessels to get to the main target. Now, the pillar and foundation of my home has been destroyed. But should that be a guarantee for the devil to take over everything?

My mother's remains was brought back to Ghana where preparations towards her final burial was made. Enyonam was very supportive in everything. In fact, she made me feel loved despite losing my mother. She tried to stand in place of my mother. She demonstrated maturity to my family so everybody began to like her. I introduced her to my father and other siblings that she was the woman I would be getting married to. "John you better behave yourself, we are mourning mummy and you are here talking about marriage." My senior brother cautioned. "Oh Bro, so should life not continue after mum's death? Or is it because you are not married, you don't want anyone of us to get married? Look whether you like it or not I will soon be getting married. " I replied as we did some small quarrel at the funeral grounds. As a form of last respect, my father wrote in his tribute how his wife was able to establish him because of her prayer life. He acknowledged having her as a wife who was a home builder, advisor, financial controller and love legend. My daddy shed tears that day. That was the first and last time if seeing tears role down my daddy's eyes. In my tribute, I also acknowledged how she was able to save me from that night club incident. The whole atmosphere that day was solemn . We finally put her to rest in peace. Her soul rest in peace.

Back to Tema after everything, I resumed work and life with Enyonam continued. Anytime I asked her to take me to her place, she finds excuses to give me but once she was coming to my place, I was not worried. I told Xorsenyo, a colleague of mine at work about my new found girl. I made him aware of how supportive she was to me during my mother's funeral. I told him to follow my foot steps so that he can find a good lady like my Enyonam. "Eei Charley! now you turn into relationship counsellor? Masa go counsel Mr Koomson our boss because he is the person who doesn't have any good human relation." Xorsenyo said as we both laughed over it. "You, this man will get you." I told him.

Our boss never gives us breathing space when he is around. He will always find fault with whatever you do. He also feels we may end up taking his position from him if in case we should be retained. He was at his position as a result of long service and there was a memo calling for qualified and competent workers to apply for that position which Xorsenyo and I did apply. Due to this, the human relation he was to give us was not there. In his presence, we do behave as if we fear him but that was not the case. It was just a mere respect as our boss.

Xorsenyo use to walk with me home after work almost all the time so one day, Enyonam was passing by and visited. I introduced her to my friend .

You see, for God so love the world, He won't just allow the devil to take total control of His own. Rather, He will always place people in our way to redirect our steps but it also comes down for us to hear and obey the Lord's voice especially in this our generation.

Me: Enyonam meet my colleague. We both work in the same office. His name is Xorsenyo.

Xorse, meet my beautiful damsel. She is Enyonam, my all in all. I landed a peck on her cheek.

Xorsenyo: waow! very beautiful. Nice meeting you sweetheart. He stood and shook hands with her but he reacted in a way after the handshake which I didn't understand.

Me: Is everything okay?

Xorsenyo: yeah, yeah all is well. Charley but you get eagle eye oo. In fact you do all. This lady 'dey bee'.

I laughed and said he should behave.

Enyonam: thank you dear. Guys I need to be going because some customers will be coming to look for me.

Me: oh ok. We'll talk in the evening.

Xorsenyo: oh are you leaving because I'm here? Oh don't do that. Charley, Johnny 'I dey step house. The lady dey shy me."

Enyonam said she was just passing and wanted to check on us so my friend shouldn't take any offense. Together with Xorsenyo, we accompanied her to her car.

After she left, Xorsenyo held my hand and pulled me with him to the room.

Xorsenyo: heer! my guy, run for your life. What did I say? I said start running gidigidi like a horse for your life. "That girl no get any good spirit." Didn't you see the vibration I had when I shook hands with her? This thing normally happens to me if my body senses danger ahead. Look, it's not about beauty oo, for how long do you even know this girl? Look, I will advise you to better be upstanding and run for your life. Is it her money you are following or what? Me I talk my own.

Me: Ah! You kraa what is your problem? Is it because I brought you to my place to see my woman so you think you can talk any trash to me or what? Are you getting jealous or something? "make you no come bore me for here". Try and look for some and stop discouraging me. All you know to do is to follow old ladies and say girls. Look don't bring your wahala on me oo.

Xorsenyo: oh sorry. My guy, we will meet at work tomorrow. I was Just talking to you as a friend and a brother but see what you are saying? Make sure you don't call me if anything should start happening. He said and left the house.

I got bored at him that day. You shouldn't blame me, I was under the spell. The following day as boys boys, we reconciled and shared other jokes. We even went on break together.

My daddy also started complaining of illness very often. Due to this, he felt it was stress so he resigned from his work to have some rest. He was nearing his retirement thou but he resigned. Fortunately for me, I was retained after my service and was made the internal auditor for a section of the Harbor. Mr Koomson was promoted to a higher position which he still needed to supervise my work. My salary was not bad so I rented a new apartment which was a two bedroom self-contained. As soon as I moved into my new apartment, Enyonam called and said some fraudsters came to defraud her so she needed some money from me to purchase goods for her shop. Because I knew she helped me before, I also gave her all I had on me. This time around, our expenses when we go out was on me. My father was no longer working and was thinking because I've secured a good job, so I would be taking care of him. I rather focused on impressing Enyonam. I could be having money but when my father asked me for money, I will only give him excuses. My account never increased. I just had the name as an internal auditor but I was not able to save any money. I was leaving hand to mouth life. The devil comes to still and to destroy. It will give you with the left hand and take it back with the right in multiple folds. Enyonam said since I now have my own work, I should come and see her parents so that we get married. That sounded good to me so I started planning towards marriage. We decided that the following weekend, I would go and know where she stays. Hmm, wonders they say shall never end.

...to be continued

Read more at www.youngicee.com
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2017
Episode 8

© Jones K. Tagbor

I have always yearned to make her my wife and live the rest of my life with her. I quickly rushed to my table, grabbed a pen and an A4 sheet, sat back and begun to draw out plans towards the ceremony.

Enyonam: ee! What is happening there? She asked me in a funny but surprised manner.

Me: Just guess what I'm doing.

Enyonam: I guess you're preparing to meet Queen Sheeba right?

Me: Even more than.

Hahahaaa, we both laughed as she made fun of me.

We then decided that she will lead me to where her parents were the following weekend. Hmm, wonders they say shall never end. That day, I used all my strength to penetrate through her still without protection. In the process, I could feel some burning sensation around my Instruments. I uprooted myself from her saw blood around it. Hmm this lady was only sucking my blood through sex. "Sweetheart just look at what is happening to me? " I alerted her. "Oh why? I'm sure you were exertion too much force. Let me help you. " she said, grabbed my bleeding organ and sucked the blood until it stopped. I enjoyed it anyway.

Enyonam was able to influence the church leaders to make me their financial controller since I was an auditor. She did this without informing me. After service on Sunday, during the announcements, some names were mentioned to stay behind to see the head pastor after closing. I was a bit surprised to hear my name as part of the people. The church is owned by the head pastor and has some junior pastors and elders. Since they have been broken down in spirit, everything they do was inspired by their own flesh. Let me tell you one interesting thing. Pastors who are influenced by flesh turn out to demonstrate power to their members. They try all they can to impress so they begin by giving false prophesies and if they realize their prophecies are not coming to pass, they seek for other spiritual means where they can tell what will happen in the life of a person in future. They give themselves all sort of names.

At the meeting, the pastor said the holy spirit chose us to add up to the leadership of the church. There, I was appointed as the financial controller for the church which I accepted wholeheartedly. This became another vital ground for me to soil the house of God. Redirecting church money was nothing bad to me at all. Eventually, Enyonam's demands became higher so I also needed more money to impress her. When people request for money for any church project, I add my own figures and take my share from it. The painful aspect was, I was not using those monies to put up any property for myself, instead, I spent them on Enyonam.

One day at church, the pastor in his prophesy time called Enyonam to step forward. He looked into her face and asked the church to clap for Jesus.

Pastor: Church, God is good. I've just seen an engagement ring on sister Enyonam's finger. There is some radiation coming out of the ring which is searching for it's pair. Church, can you begin to pray for her. She is about to get her husband right here in the church.

The church began to pray fervently, especially the young single men. Until that day, I never knew even the very gentle guys who normally pray with some swag could become aggressive in prayers. Some were even rolling on the floor simply because, Enyonam was the taste of all the single young men in the church because of her outstanding nature when it comes to praise and worship. She was also seen to be beautiful and rich. Some ladies were equally feeling jealous because the prophecy didn't select them. The prayer went on until the pastor asked them to stop by ringing the bell.

Immediately they stopped praying, I had a shock within me as if an electric shock and the next thing that followed was some seizures. You will think I was an epileptic patient. The pastor asked the ushers to bring me forward.

Pastor: The ring on Sister Enyonams finger has selected brother John as its right pair. Shall we give a clap offering unto God.

The church clapped but some few guys who wanted Enyonam didn't clap. Jealousy in the house of God.

After that, the pastor asked me if I already have someone in mind that I wanted to get married to. I told him Enyonam was the only person on my mind. The whole atmosphere was electrified because that made them have more belief in the pastor. It also made more people to join the church because what happened was heard through members to their friends on what the pastor did.

After church, together with Enyonam, we went to see the pastor and thanked him for his prophecy.

The following day's evening, my daddy called my line. I saw the call but didn't want to receive it. The call came in for the second time and this time I answered it reluctantly.

Dad: Johnny I hope you are doing well?

Me: Yes I'm doing well. Hope you are not calling to ask for money.

Dad: John! must I take that as a form of greetings or an insult to your father? John What has come over you?

I immediately regretted and I apologized

Me: Am sorry dad for being offensive. It won't happen again. Please, how may I help you?

Dad: I don't need your help. I only called to advise you. My son, I want you to quit your work at harbor and come back home. I will get you another work here. My spirit tells me that all is not well with you at where you are now.

That made me surprised and with an uncontrollable anger on my dad...

Me: What is that supposed to mean? I don't understand it. Can you explain why you are saying this? Daddy please, I don't want to disrespect you. Leave me alone. Am now of age and I should be able to tell if something is good for me or not. I don't think I've complained to you about my work.

With a very low tone,

Dad: my son, I know you're of age, but don't forget that the Bible says you should obey your parents in the Lord. Don't see it that am disturbing you. What an old man can see when sitting, can never be seen by a child when he or she stands on the tallest tower. You are all I have here in Ghana and besides, I just want the best for you and not…………

I intentionally hanged up the line even before he could complete with his advice.

From that very day, I started seeing my father as a torn in my flesh. Anytime he requested for money, I get angry at him because I felt he wanted my doom. I use to see him in my dreams fighting me. How wrong I was. Hmm. I used to blame him for his own problems because he shouldn't have retired at the time he did. There was no day that I dreamt of having other siblings. I was gradually dissociating from my family because I've found a lady that I've not even married yet.

A very good weekend came and my visit to Enyonam's house came into being. Enyonam came to my place first to pick me with her car. She said her real parents were abroad so they just came for a visit which they will be returning soon so we needed to fast track preparations towards our marriage. They were staying in a very big house at community 1 of Tema. Her supposed parents received me very well. They asked the necessary questions every in-law will ask and eventually, they gave me the go ahead to marry their daughter. But my worry was that, the parents of Enyonam that came to the school during the disaster seemed to be different from this people. Well, I took it that it was a long time that's why they've changed for me.

I went to my father back home and told him that I was ready to get married so I've started the preparations towards it. He said I should bring the lady home for him to see before he could give me the go ahead to marry her. I said that was no problem. I came back to Tema to invite Enyonam.

I came with her the following week to my father's house. My father received her nicely but said, he will invite our pastor to come and also see her before we go away. Enyonam seemed not to like the idea. She quickly said she had an appointment so she couldn't wait for the pastor who we were told went for a meeting and will return in the evening. My father tried his best to let her stay behind but she got more convincing words to free herself.

As soon as she moved her car out of the house, the pastor also came in. I called Enyonam on the phone to return but she said she was running late.

Talking to my father,

Pastor: I can smell the scent of an evil spirit around. This was the same scent I sensed when your wife was admitted at the hospital and later died. We need to pray.

Dad: Pastor but what do you mean by that? Are you saying my son is evil or what?

Pastor: Not at all. Your son is not evil but the scent is in the house.

Me: Pastor, we invited you here to see the lady I wanted to marry but you didn't come early so she left.

Pastor: That is the main reason why we needed to pray. Why couldn't she just wait? Is her appointment more important than her marriage?

He raised a song which my farther joined in singing. I stood there watching them do their own thing when my phone started ringing. It was Enyonam "sweetheart, I've just gotten a flat Tyre in the middle of my journey. Please I need you to come right away to help me out". She pleaded. "Alright, just calm down. I will get there soon". I said to her. I asked where exactly she was and quickly, I told my dad and pastor that, Enyonam needed my assistance so I needed to go. The pastor said he will go with me so we should use his car which was also the church's car.

When we got to where the car was, Enyonam was no where to be found. She knew I was coming with the pastor so she took public transport without telling me. We got there before she told me on phone that she had low battery that was why she couldn't tell me earlier.

Pastor: John my son, I don't want you to marry that lady. She is not having a good spirit.

Me: Pastor, this lady is God sent to me so Please, I'm not sure I can let her go. I'm not ready to break her heart.

Pastor: Okay I've heard you. But remember that you need to hear and obey God When he instructs you. You youth of today take everything into your own hands and do things to suit your flesh and disregard God. Above all, I wish you well. He said and left.

This is what happens when we become blind to the world. May God have mercy on us.

I got some people to attend to the car and I drove it to Tema.

I never knew I was under the influence of the spell. I saw myself as a superior in everything I did.

As quick as Enyonam wanted it, we planned the date for our engagement and I informed my dad. He disliked it and didn't really show any interest for the idea so he requested our presence as soon as possible. I told my wife to be about the issue and she disregarded it. I wondered why my dad would be thinking of this decision since the church I attended had prayed over it. We started distributing our invitation cards. We both travelled to Dubai to buy the gown and my suit. The ring was ordered from India.

At my office, I gave an invitation to the administration and also to the individuals. I selected Xorsenyo as my best man.

I just decided not to involve my church back home but Xorsenyo said that would be a bad idea so I sent the invitation to a few. My father had no other option than to attend. This time around, I sent invitation to my siblings abroad to come and witness what my senior brother was trying to stand against. Honestly, the money we used in just the presentations could build a mansion and even buy a car. How shameful it was that we needed to borrow people's car in addition to Enyonam's car for the wedding.

Just a week to the weeding, I received a call that my father was severely sick and rushed to the hospital so I needed to come home. "Ah! What at all is this?" I asked myself looking very worried. I called a friend of mine to go and check on him for me so I will join them later.

Hmm, sometimes, God finds different ways of saving us from falling into the trap of the devil but we do feel we know better. At times, even God himself do regret for creating man. But behold, our ways are not his ways, neither are our thoughts his thoughts.

...to be continued

Read more at www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by bimberry1307(f): 9:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
oyinprince, I sight you o. oya drop update

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hmmm, this wicked world

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by IAmXcessiz(m): 11:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
I'm so glued to this story... I'll be glad if you update soonest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by mercydaniel: 12:45pm On Oct 04, 2017
Oyinprince:
No vex bro but I didn't invite anybody from my other posts just because I didn't want anyone to accuse me of skipping their names, I only mentioned those viewing the literature board at that time
I b girl oo ,no p

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
Episode 9

**Removed**

Read it here: http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/BEHIND%20THE%20MASK

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by desmonpiro: 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2017
[center][/center]They say I think old, I guess I'm a sage So don't judge the book by the cover all you have to do is Bleep with the page, never judge a man by his age  And if we have to walk through this journey we need no cage Living in slumps doesnt make us savages Because we know life full of phases and stages
hey guys please I need ur view on write up
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 3:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hmmm..
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2017
Episode 10

**Removed**

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2017
Eh eh eh

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by heryoub22(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2017
As e dey hot. Op kip d ball rolling

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2017
Episode 11

**Removed**

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:22am On Oct 10, 2017
Episode 12

Read it here:
http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/BEHIND%20THE%20MASK
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 10:45am On Oct 10, 2017
Oh My God!!!
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2017
Episode 13

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 12:04pm On Oct 12, 2017
Hmmmmm
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2017
Episode 14

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 2:36pm On Oct 14, 2017
Episode 15

© Jones Kwesi Tagbor

*Enyonam's pregnancy exposed. Miranda grasps pastor.*

I woke up again and asked Enyonam to join me pray for the pregnancy. "John you are disturbing my sleep. You can pray for yourself", she said. "How do you expect me to pray for myself? Am I the one carrying the baby?", I asked. She just positioned herself well on the bed and slept. I knelt before the bed and prayed.

In the morning during breakfast, I received a text from my bankers indicating the receipt of my monthly salary. I checked the part that stated my total balance. "But how come I have this small amount in my account? If I do receive Ghc2000.00 a month and without building or buying a car, all I have left in my account is Ghc3050.00 then what am I doing?". I asked myself looking directly into the face of Enyonam. "Ah, but why are you looking into my face as if I spent the money for you? You've forgotten how you were dishing out money when your father was admitted at the hospital, even during your mother's funeral. You were spending as if you were the only one your mother have birth to. When I was telling you to stop spending much, you felt I was the person preventing you from reaching out to your family". Enyonam said. "You forgot to add the money you asked for money to reinvest into your business. From today we are going to control how we spend in this house. You are pregnant now and we need to prepare down for receiving my first son", I said to her. "And how do you intend to control expenses? I don't remember asking you for money either for food or my shopping. I suggest you learn how to avoid dashing money for, I don't know if I should say, family matters or charity works", she added.

I hurried with the breakfast and left for office. After sometime of working, I went to the bank to print out my bank statement. After going through I realised I issued cheques to people that I could not even remember. I also saw the cheque I gave to Enyomam's lawyer and many more. After the bank, I passed through Xorsenyo's place to see if I will meet him in the house. Fortunately, he was washing a Jeep when I got there.

Xorsenyo: And what is John doing in my house at this time? You should be at work by now. Or have I gone wrong again?

Me: My brother, you've never gone anywhere. Please am I permitted here?

Xorsenyo: Hmm. This earth does not belong to any of us for me to say I'm preventing you from standing here. I don't have any problem with that.

Me: OK thank you. Please is Golder around?

Xorsenyo: Why ask of my lady? Is she the next culprit?

Me: Xorsenyo, Please I've come in peace. I was asking of Golder so that I see the two of you and tell both of you what I have. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Xorsenyo: She has gone to school. She started with her second degree program at Legon so she left this morning.

Me: That's very nice to hear. Congratulations for that. Please I'm here purposely to apologize to you for everything that I've done to you. I believe I went too far. You were my advisor and friend. Please I'm not sure my wife accused you from her own volition. The devil used her to cause a split between us. Please I'm very sorry. As I said, I've regretted all that went on.

Xorsenyo: John, would you have come to stand here this morning to say all this if I were to be imprisoned because of something that I had no idea of? Anyway, my God also suffered for sins He didn't commit. What shows you people are now convinced I didn't do what you accused me of? You should have come with your wife to show that you mean what you are saying.

Me: Sorry about that. I'm coming from the office to this place. My wife is in the house and besides, she is pregnant. You started this with us so I want you to be part of its continuity as well. I want you to come with Golder so we celebrate the pregnancy.

Xorsenyo: First of all congratulations for proving your man power. As I said, I don't have anything against you and besides, the battle was for the Lord which He fought for me. I've heard all that you've said. I will discuss with Golder when she returns. When is the celebration?

Me: This weekend. Thank you for having such a soft heart to forgive me. God bless you. But bro, whose Jeep is this?

Xorsenyo: Oh this is for Golder. She took my 4×4 to class because hers is dirty so I'm just cleaning it before she gets back.

Me: Wow!! You mean you have two powerful cars? One for you and one for your lady? That's good, man. You've done well. I guess you are having some building projects also ongoing.

Xorsenyo: Oh yeah. Your guess is right. It's just that the contractors are delaying the work. It's all by the grace of God and to the glory of God. That's why I will never lose focus of my God. He is always ready to lift me when I'm down. He says the poor should say they are rich and the weak to say they are strong. John even though you go to church, I don't see you to be a Christian. You've been blindfolded that's why you could allow the devil have his way through you. You need to be born again and see the glory of God at work in your life.

I stood still looking at him when he was talking. I just had a mental view of my bank balance and saw the Jeep he was washing. My balance was no where close to buying any of his cars. My wife already had her car before coming into the marriage but I couldn't even buy myself a taxi. I was always driving in company's pool car. Poor me.

Me: Bro. I would like to get to the office now. Please remember to come with Golder this weekend.

Xorsenyo: Alright. I will resume next week. Have a nice day.

I looked at the registration number and the car was registered that year. My position was higher than his so how come he was progressing in life like that? I asked myself. I entered the company's pool car and left. On my way, I pondered over all that he told me. "But how should I be born again? I've been born into the church, my family is known for their Christian faith so what does this man mean by saying I should be born again? Or he is just bragging to me because he has a car. Crap".

Enyonam called me on phone to ask what I would take for supper that day. I told her she should just surprise me and I also have a good news for her when I get home. By the time I got home, she had prepared my favourite food. I wish I can tell you which food it was but that's my secret.

*At the dinning table.*

Me: This food tastes very good. You always prepare what I really need at any time. You are so sweet.

Enyonam: (smiled) You always have something to say. By the way thank you. I'm your wife and I will always give you the best.

Me: Thank you.

Enyonam: But dear you promised to tell me the good news when you return. My ears are itching to hear the good news according to John�

Me: Oh yeah. Xorsenyo has forgiven us. I went to his place this afternoon.

Enyonam: And how does that translate into a good news? We should be forgiving him not what you are saying. Were you the one that sent him to kill me?

Me: Dear I thought you will welcome this news with a good heart. Please let's learn to put all that behind us. Yesterday is gone and we are in a new day. Guess what.

Enyonam: What!

Me: He registered two cars just this year and a big mansion for himself and Golder oo. I just jealous him.

Enyonam: And is that news if someone buys a car? You don't know all these people add up to create holes in your account. Keep following him. Very soon your account will go into negatives. You've forgotten your pastor said some people are against your progress. A word to the wise is enough.

Me: But why should you be talking like this? If you care to know he will be coming with Golder to this place this weekend for reunion and celebration of our pregnancy.

Enyonam: Hmmm, you this man I can see you don't stick to your words. I thought you said you were going to control expenses? Don't say I didn't warn you.

We finished with the food and went out to the movies that evening.

When Golder returned from school, Xorsenyo told her what transpired in her absence.

Golder: So did you agree to go for the celebration? There is a saying; once bitten, twice shy. Better still, it is only a fool whose testicles are stepped on twice. I won't follow you to that house.

Xorsenyo: Dear I understand you but we should know that everything happens for a reason. I believe John and his wife have learnt their lessons. It's prudent if we let go of the past and face tomorrow.

Golder: You think your enemies have stopped following you because you now have money. Poor you. This is when the battle gets tougher so you should equally look strong. Well, I will go with you if you insist.

Xorsenyo: Thank you. That's why I always love you.

I gave out some money and Enyonam also added some. We used that to get ready for the celebration. We invited some few friends around and some church members. Our head pastor at Tema was the guest of honour.

That Saturday, we got ready to receive all our invited guests. Xorsenyo and Golder were fully represented. The pastor came to call the two families, that is Xorsenyo and Golder then me and Enyonam. He prayed and united the two families. It was a very nice moment. After that side of the program, we moved on with the celebration of the pregnancy. The program was in the evening. In the process of serving food to our invited guests, Enyonam decided to also join in serving the food. In an attempt to give a dessert to Xorsenyo, she stumbled in front of Xorsenyo and fell on her stomach. All we could see was blood draining in between her legs. It has become imminent that Xorsenyo pushed her or something. No one knows. Xorsenyo quickly carried her in his 4×4 and we rushed her to the hospital. Per medical examination, the doctor said he didn't see any pregnancy or any sign of pregnancy so they don't know how come she said she was pregnant. The doctor said their investigation rather proved that she was suffering from fibroid that was even an opportunity for them to operate on her to remove it. The whole thing was like a drama to me.

Me: But doctor, I've been feeling the baby move in her tummy so how come it's not pregnancy?

Doctor: Yeah. At times fibroid behaves like pregnancy and if in case the woman is already pregnant, it could lead to a miscarriage. I'm sorry to say your wife is not pregnant. This is the scan result. You can look at it.

I looked through the scan result and was very surprised. At least that gave Xorsenyo some relief that he didn't cause my wife to have a miscarriage. It was just the holy spirit around Xorsenyo that was activated. Enyonam infested the food she was going to give to Xorsenyo and because the God Xorsenyo serves was greater, saved him by exposing Enyonam. I consented for the surgery to remove the fibroid for her. All these prevented our meeting with my pastor back at home. My account was equally draining.

*The trail of the pastor back home.*

At church pastor made a general comment that members should avoid availing themselves for the devil to use. He said this when he was preaching about Sampson in the Bible. After service, Miranda went to see the pastor and said she has some personal issues to discuss with him. She was almost crying whiles saying it so the pastor needed to give her immediate attention. Everywhere was occupied with meetings here and there so Miranda suggested they go and sit in pastor's car so that she can tell him her problem. Pastor by then didn't know she was the one her wife has been talking about. When they were going to the car, Miranda made sure that the Osofomaame saw her moving with the pastor. Osofomaame's heart nearly bumped out when she saw them. She secretly used her phone to take a snapshot of them moving. In the car, Miranda was telling pastor that her boyfriend who they've been together for almost five years started complaining that she was using church as excuses too much so she wanted to quit being a member of the church. She tried, by a conversation, to waste more of the pastor's time. The elders were waiting for pastor to come so that they complete their meeting but he wasn't coming so they sent one women's leader who talks a lot to alert pastor about them. When Miranda saw the woman approaching the car, she forced the door opened and started shouting and crying.

Women leader: My dear what is the problem?

Miranda: Pastor is refusing to accept my pregnancy after he slept with me countless times.

Pastor: Jesus Christ!! Lady what did you just say? Was that what you brought to me for discussing?

The lady became aggressive which called the attention of everybody including the pastor's wife.

Osofomaame: I said it but you denied. Now defend yourself here. This is the Miranda girl that reported you to me. You think you can always hide in the dark and do evil? I cease to be your wife from this very moment. Take her home and make her your wife.

Pastor stood with his mouth opened and eyes looking into the clouds. "No! I command an instant justice here in the name of Jesus!!! " pastor said loudly with tears in his eyes.

...to be continued

Read the remaining episodes here: www.youngicee.com
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 1:22pm On Oct 15, 2017
Episode 16

© Jones Kwesi Tagbor

John cheats on Enyonam.

Women’s leader: My dear what is the problem?

Miranda: Pastor is refusing to accept my pregnancy after he slept with me countless times.

Pastor: Jesus Christ!! Lady what did you just say? Was that what you brought to me for discussing?

The lady became aggressive which called the attention of everybody including the pastor’s wife.

Osofomaame: I said it but you denied. Now defend yourself here. This is the Miranda girl who reported you to me. You think you can always hide in the dark and do evil? I cease to be your wife from this very moment. Take her home and make her your wife.

Pastor stood with mouth opened and eyes looking into the clouds. “No! I command an instant justice here in the name of Jesus!!! ” pastor said loud with tears in his eyes.

Touch not the anointed. As soon as the Pastor commanded instant justice, Miranda stopped the noise and fell to the floor. She became paralyzed and found it difficult to talk. The Pastor asked some members that were around to take her into the chapel where the Pastor called on his prayer team to pray for her. The scene was not easy. The spirit in her threatened the Pastor but eventually, the church and Pastor became victorious. The marine spirit that possessed Miranda left leaving the real Miranda. Before leaving, She confessed that she was sent to bring the Pastor down because he was stopping them from progressing. After the spirit left and with continuous prayers, she regained some strength which enabled her to talk. She was interviewed by one of the elders and that was where she denied all the allegations she made against Pastor.

Osofomaame felt very bad within herself because she felt she could have done better by knowing that Miranda was acting under some influence.

Osofomaame knelt before the church and asked for forgiveness. Pastor asked her to stand up because he found no fault with her.

Pastor: You did what any other woman will do when she should notice that her husband is cheating. You being a pastor’s wife doesn’t prevent you from being jealous. After all, jealousy is one part of relationship or marriage that makes it interesting. Jealousy in a relationship simply means you care and wouldn’t love to lose your partner. The place where it becomes a problem is when it becomes overly done. Too much of everything is said to be bad hence too much of jealousy becomes a disorder which is normally termed as paranoia. That is characterized by excessive suspicion and delusion. The only problem I see is that most pastor’s wives don’t pray as expected. One thing I want to advise is that, because the devil finds it difficult approaching the Pastor, they pass through his wife who is less prayerful to get to the Pastor. As an osofomaame what must you do when faced with such a challenge? Yes you need to query your husband but most importantly, you need to pray for him. Don’t easily get influenced by what you hear against Pastor because some are mere plots to get Pastor down. Well I agree God did not call the two of us into ministry so someone will ask why should you blame osofomaame if she is not prayerful? The man and the woman shall leave their parent’s house and become one flesh which translates into I and my father are one. So anything that affects osofomaame, affects Pastor and the carry over effect will go to the church. I thank God for revealing the truth to the church but I will add again that we should be careful not to be used as a vessel of the devil.

Pastor went to hold osofomaame’s hand and said “you remain to be my lovely wife.” They hugged each other passionately to the admiration of everybody around.

That was a clear indication of failure on the part of the mariners.

Interestingly, before the doctors could start the operation process on Enyonam, they decided to check again to be sure the system was ready for the operation. All they noticed was that there was nothing in the stomach neither in the womb. “This is miraculous. The fibroid has disappeared by itself”, said the surgeon. Everyone became surprised when they heard this. The doctor came out to give me a handshake. “Your God has answered your prayer. God as healed your wife without we carrying out our procedure. Our last investigation before the surgery indicated that there was no sign of fibroid”. Doctor are you very sure of this? I asked. “Yes my brother. Let’s thank God for everything. ” he said. I went on my knees, raised my two hands and sang songs of praise. I went to see Enyonam in the ward and I could see she was gaining strength. Xorsenyo came to visit us and also thanked God for the miracle. After Enyonam was discharged the following day, I advised she go and stay with her parents for some few days So that she could be cared for better since I wouldn’t be in the house continually due to work. Initially she didn’t want to agree but with more influence, she agreed. She suggested we get someone to be managing her shop because she wouldn’t like to close the place for long. She suggested one young beautiful lady who was also a member of the choir. I didn’t protest against that because I knew that lady was descent. Little did I know that she was initiated into Enyonam’s camp so she was just coming to continue from where Enyonam stopped.

Quickly, arrangements were made and this lady commenced work. Enyonam left to stay with her parents to fully recover before coming back. Jessica was to report to me everyday after the day’s work.

After a week, Xorsenyo resumed work and gradually we were getting close again. He was equally preparing to get married to Golder. People were surprised to see the two of us getting close again after the near imprisonment case. Xorsenyo told them not to be surprised because everything that happens, happen for good and in everything we should give thanks to God.

I got home one evening when Jessica came to present her daily duty report to me. She actually did good sales that day. “Would you like if I prepare some food for you before I leave? I can see you’ve been buying outside of late”, Jessica suggested. “Oh my dear don’t worry about that. I’m Okay with that. Your madam will return soon.” I said to her. “Oh sir don’t think you will be disturbing me if you ask me to cook for you. I just feel like helping madam Enyonam in her absence.” she added. “Jessica since you insist you can go into the kitchen and prepare anything. I want to take my bath so will be with you after I’m done”. I agreed to her and went to take my bath.

I could feel a very nice aroma from the kitchen when I came out from the bath. I came to sit in the hall when she came to tell me that she has finished with the food. I walked with her to the kitchen and and tasted the stew she prepared. “Wow! this stew is very nice”. I nearly said this tasted better than your madam’s. I praised her. “Thank you sir. Just go and relax let me serve you”. Jessica served me rice with the stew. After eating the food, I became very aroused. I started admiring Jessica sexually.

Me: Jessica but why are you not eating?

Jessica: I’ve eaten mine in the kitchen so that’s yours. Just feel free and eat.

Me: Your food tastes very delicious. Come and sit beside me.

Jessica smiled and rolled her eyes seductively and came to sit beside me. “I hope you enjoyed the food”. Jessica asked. “Oh Yea! I love it but left with one thing to make everything complete. I said. “Mr. John and what must that be? ” she asked as my hands were already around her waist. “The thing is located in the bedroom”, I said. She smiled and turned to look into my face. “I am here for you. Use me for whatever you want. ” Jessica said as she stood up and sat on the center table before me. She started removing the buttons on her dress.

Jessica positioned a digital camera in a hidden place in the room which was recording everything that was going on.

The kisses commenced. We kissed each other as if our lips were a life support machine which without it one may die. My phone started ringing but because I was in a high mood, I ignored it. It ranged again for another three times but I didn’t bother to check the caller. But I won’t lie to you, Jessica has a very soft and smooth skin which was very addictive to let go of. After that call, another one came. This time around, I checked and it was Xorsenyo. I only muted the phone and placed it back. My arousal got to it’s peak so I carried Jessica which I was sending her to the bedroom to finish the mission. I placed her on the bed, removed everything of hers and the next question she asked was where was my condom. I told her I was as pure as the snow so she shouldn’t worry about that. She agreed with me. Immediately I was ready to climb the human horse, there was this heavy knock on my door. The knock was very heavy and it continued. “Ah! who the hell is that trying to pull down my house? Please It’s late go and come tomorrow. Jessica was on the bed waiting for a kickoff of the game while I went to get the door. One could clearly see that I was in the middle of something because of the protruding nature of my towel.

I opened the door and guess who?

...to be continued

Read the complete story here: http://www.youngicee.com/search/label/BEHIND%20THE%20MASK

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 7:04pm On Oct 16, 2017
Tor
Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
Episode 17

© Jones Kwesi Tagbor

*Jessica failed. Enyonam's identity exposed.*

I opened the door and guess who? Xorsenyo.

(Speaking under tone)

Xorsenyo: John ei is Enyonam back already? I can see you are in the middle of something.

(Still under tone)

Me: Xorsenyo but what are you doing here by this time? You should be by Golder by now.

Xorsenyo: Don't worry I won't keep long. I met the judge that ruled our case at the appeal court today when I went to town with Golder to buy some of our wedding items. He said I should give some documents to you.

Me: Okay come in.

He saw Jessica's bra, shoes and watches on the sofa. I just imagined when she was removing them.

Xorsenyo: I can see you are really in heaven. I won't like to waste your time. He said I should give you this evelope.

I received the brown evelope and opened it. In the process of opening the evelope, Xorsenyo asked.

"John is that your digital camera functioning? I need one for my engagement program."

Me: What camera are you talking about? I don't have any camera neither is Enyonam having one.

Xorsenyo: So what is that in-between those books?

He pointed to the camera. I left the envelope and went to take the camera. Surprisingly to me it was still recording.

Me: Xorsenyo I've never seen this camera in this house before. It's even recording.

I stopped the recorder and there was an hour and half video. I started playing it and the first thing I saw was when I came into the hall after taken my bath. I knew it that the next thing will be when I started romancing Jessica so I stopped it so that John doesn't know what I was doing behind my wife. "I don't know about this camera but I will ask my wife to know who it belonged to so that you can come for it for your engagement". I said to him. "Alright. I will like to start going since you were busy before I came in. See you tomorrow". Xorsenyo said and left. After seeing him off to his car I came to sit down and played the video. Seriously all that I was doing with Jessica was very clear and loud. "Jesus Christ! so who placed this camera here? Eeii so what happens if Enyonam sees this mess? No! Jessica must be responsible for this". I said to myself.

Jessica after waiting for long on the bed decided to come out to see what was keeping me. She covered herself with the blanket and walked quietly and stood at the entrance of the hall and saw me holding the camera. "I'm doomed. This man managed to see this camera. How am I going to explain this? I need to look smart if not this guy will put me into trouble." Jessica said to herself and went back into the room to dress up.

I took the envelope Xorsenyo brought and took time to look at the content. It was coming from Judge Joshua. He sent pictures he took with the real Enyonam who was our mate the GP during an occasion at Harvard law school when he was in school. Looking at the pictures, you could see some little deformity on her face due to the fire incident. I was getting confused with each picture that I saw. Judge Joshua added a note and said the true Enyonam will be coming down to Ghana in three months time. The note also stated that the true Enyonam was taken outside the country after the fire incident where she continued her education outside and now a lawyer. "So who is this Enyonam I call my wife?", I asked myself.

"Fire! fire!! fire!!!!" Jessica ran out of the room shouting "fire". I got scared and jumped from where I was sitting. My first action was to go and put off the main electric switch located in front of house. As I ran out to put off the switch, Jessica took the camera, her BRA and other things she left in the hall. By the time I came into the room, she was ready to leave. "Where is the fire?", I asked. "In the bedroom". She replied. I hurried to the bedroom to see what was happening only for me to see that there was no fire.

"Jessica where did you say the fire is ?" I came out to ask her only to meet an empty room. She was gone. I checked everywhere for her but she was nowhere to be found. I realized the camera was also not on the table. "This lady deceived me and ran away with this video. I will get hold of her. But what does she want from me?" I asked myself. I went out to switch on the power and came to sit to watch news.

Early the next morning, I called to find out how Enyonam my wife was doing. She said she was doing well and said she was missing me. "Enyonam do you know that I still don't know you well? I want you to come home for us to discuss something. She said she doesn't understand what I was insinuating and hanged up.

"What is the meaning of this? Is Enyonam not the Enyonam that I know? So what exactly is happening around me?"

Enyonam called Jessica to find out from her whether she disclosed her true identity to me. Jessica assured her of confidentiality but made her to know that she failed been able to sleep with me.

"Didn't you add the arousal charm to the food? " Enyonam asked. "I did but someone came to spoil the whole process." Jessica explained.

Meaning it was a well calculated strategy to get me down again after the deliverance from my Pastor. They planned that once Jessica is able to sleep with me, I will automatically fall into their trap but thanks for using Xorsenyo to saving me. Jessica added some charm to the food which made me feel aroused. My good friend ladies, be careful who cooks for your husbands even in your presence.

Jessica told Enyonam that she has a video which has a playback of our romance after giving me the food. Jessica assured Enyonam that she would be able to use the video as an evidence if I tried proving stubborn.

At work, I received a text message from Jessica that she has a video of the two of us making love and for me to be at a safer side, I need to be paying her Ghc1000.00 every month for six month so that she could discard the video. In the text, she said she has duplicated the video in different forms so with the little misbehaviour from me, she will let my wife and the whole world see the video.

I was very disturbed and confused after reading the text. Xorsenyo came to visit me at my office. "Why do you look so moody like this? Why, were you not satisfied last night?" Xorsenyo asked jokingly.

Me: Xorse, I just don't know what is happening to me. I'm just not myself. I can't even concentrate. The envelope you brought yesterday contains pictures belonging the Enyonam I thought I married.

Xorsenyo: What are you talking about? Do you have some Enyonam elsewhere?

Me: I don't know for now. My wife is not around. I will only know the truth when she returns.

Xorsenyo: So you mean the bra I saw yesterday on the sofa was not for your wife? So on who were you using that hard long thing in front of you last night? Hey! Have you started cheating on your wife? I won't endorse that practice for you.

Me: Charley I'm not here to discuss that now. That is even another trouble I need to deal with.

"No John you need deliverance. The devil is just using you for anything. " Xorsenyo said. "My friend don't start it. Have you married Golder before chopping her day and night? stop that hypocritical thing. The devil is equally using you if you don't know. " I said to him. "We are only cohabitating. Everyone knows she is with me." He explained. "Look, provided you've not payed for her bride price she ceases to be yours and you have no right to sleep with her. Me I nearly cheated on my wife but I didn't do it again." I said to him.

Xorsenyo said he had some assignments to complete so we will chat later.

After work, Jessica never showed up to present her duty report. I called her and all she told me was to stop mounting pressure on her. "I will present the report when I feel like. If you try pushing me I will expose you". She added. "What exactly do you want from me? Why have I wronged you in any way? " I asked her. "Stop asking me questions. " she commanded.

After some few minutes of that call, my Pastor back home called me.

(On phone)

Pastor: John I've been expecting you and your wife but you never showed up. What happened?

Me: Pastor, it is a long story but the long and short of it all is that my wife has traveled so I can't come with her.

Pastor: Did you try cheating on your wife in her absence?

I remained silent for sometime because I don't know what answer to give. "Are you on the line?" Pastor asked. "Yes I..... I.... tried it but I stopped". I said.

Pastor: John, you never prayed after leaving this place hence making yourself available for the devil to capture you again. Something very dangerous is about happening to you but with prayers, we can save the situation. It was revealed to me that a trap has been set for you to fall again. Make sure you come with your wife so that we avert any danger ahead of you.

Me: Pastor I think I've dealt with that already that was why I didn't complete cheating on my wife. But all the same I wish you rather come to the house and clear any spirit that is hiding in the house? My wife is not around so I wish you come here. I will pay for your fuel.

Pastor: Okay. I will be there tomorrow. So be expecting me with some other elders of the church.

I called Enyonam to inform about the coming of Pastor to the house the following day. She said that was of no use because that was the essence of the holy spirit. Enyonam explained that because Christ saw the stress in moving from house to house, person to person, town to town to preach and heal the sick, He left us with the holy spirit who is always with us and all we needed to do was to call on him at anytime. She said the Pastor at Tema could also do what my Pastor was coming to do so I should spare the Pastor the stress.

I called the Pastor back and told him what Enyonam suggested. The Pastor said I shouldn't worry about his stress so that was the work he was called to do.

At midnight, I started hearing some noise coming from the kitchen. It was as if someone was moving in there. I checked the time and it was almost 2:00am. "Who should this be?", I asked myself. I became scared. I gathered courage and went to lock the bedroom with key. "Who is there!!" I shouted and asked whilst in the locked bedroom. After my question, the noise stopped. For after some few minutes, I could hear that the shower tap was opened and the water was pouring on the floor. The TV started talking. Upon the cool room temperature, I began sweating profusely. It never occurred to me to resort to prayers. To add more pain to an injury, the light suddenly went off. What is happening?

I opened the door slowly. "Stop there! I'm warning you for the last. Make sure that man do not come to this house." An invisible voice said.

...to be continued

Read more here: www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 9:30pm On Oct 17, 2017
Episode 18

© Jones Kwesi Tagbor

*The battle field*

I opened the door slowly.

"Stop there! I'm warning for the last. Make sure that man do not come into this house." An invisible voice said. I thought it was only babies that do urinate in their pants until this day that unconsciously urine started drawing the globe in my pant. I stood still without knowing where to go then i heard my phone ringing. I only thanked God i didn't do the unexpected when my heart bit the more upon hearing the phone ring. I turned and saw the phone glowing on the bed. I walked backwards and picked the call. It was pastor. As if a life jacket was presented to me in the midst of a stormy sea. I was briefing like a confused Tilapia.

Pastor: John what is the problem?

Me: Pastor am dying please help. There are some spirits in my room trying to harm me.

Pastor: me and the elders are in an all night prayers now. Nothing will happen to you just join us in prayers.

I started hearing some powerful tongues and roaring prayers in the background. All i could say was AMEN. The noise stopped and within some few minutes, the light came on. The powerful prayer lasted for about 45 minutes. After the prayer, the pastor asked if i was still afraid. Even though i was not sure if the voice behind the door left or not, all i said was YES with a feeble voice. He said i should be expecting him and the elders first thing in the morning. I had wanted to tell him what the voice said but i only said okay.

I opened the door and noting was there. It was there that I realized i that i soiled my pant.

It has become imminent Enyonam and her camp face the battle squarely. But before that, the marine queen said she was disappointed in Enyonam because instead of her going striate to break me down from the beginning, she was having fun with me. She told Enyonam that she will punish her when they return from the battle. They planned everything and Enyonam was supposed to come home very early to create a scene which will take me away from the house so that when pastor comes, he wouldn't meet us.

As early as 6:00am, Enyonam was already in the house. I looked into her face, looked at the picture Xorsenyo brought. "Enyonam who exactly are you?" I confidently asked. " What the hell is the meaning of this question? instead of you welcoming me from my trip, you are asking who i am. Don't i look like your wife anymore? and whose picture is that?" she asked. "have a look at them." i gave the pictures to her to see. " This is my twin sister who died some years ago. And where do you get them from?" she asked. "I don't get you. You mean you know her?" I asked. "Yes but she is dead come and let me go and show you where she was buried." I became very surprised as to what she was saying. " okay lets go because am getting confused here." i said to her. "meet me in the car." she said. "Enyonam eeermm lets wait and go later. My pastor back home said he will be visiting this morning. So i think we should wait and go after he is gone." " but what is he coming to do this early morning? don't worry, we will be back soon. The place is just at community four." she tried convincing me. " okay lets go." I said to her.

Her plan was to send me to a far away place so that pastor and his people wont meet anybody when they come. Apart from that too, she will cast another spell on me. She had really planned for me partly because she wanted to prove to her master that she was not a failure.

We sat in the car but the engine wasn't starting. She made me to push of which i did but to no avail. All these time, pastor and his people were on their way. Suddenly, pastor's car also broke down on the way. They did all they could but still it wasn't responding. There was no network too at where they were so they couldn't call for help. They decided to pray over the car. Out of the blue, another car came to stop behind them and the driver happened to be a mechanic and also a member of the same church just that from a different town. According to him, it was the sticker at the back of the pastors car that alerted him that a member needs help. He went under the car and within minutes, the car was good to go. The pastor thanked him very well and the man was equally glad to work on pastors car especially at the time pastor needed serious help.

Our car was still not starting so Enyonam suggested we use public transport. It was a Saturday so there was no issue with going to work.

Xorsenyo called and said he was also coming to my place that morning because he had some strange dream about me and wanted to tell me. I told him that was fine so he should come so that we could use his car as well. Enyonam was not happy with my suggestion and said she was not going to sit in Xorsenyo's car. I reminded her that it was the same car that was used to save her when she fell during the reunion. She ignored me and said she was going to get her mechanic in town. This time around she want to run away.

Within some shortest time, Xorsenyo was already in the house. Five minutes later, pastor and his people too got to the house. They met Enyonam at the entrance and stopped the car to ask if i was around. She directed them to the house and said she will be back. The pastor told her that he will need her presence so she should consider going to her place after they've left. She had no option than to come into the house.

I welcomed them and asked Enyonam to serve them with water. Pastor asked his elders if they will take the water and only one elder said he will. Enyonam went into the kitchen and added some charm to the water. The elder comfortably took it and even enjoyed it.

Pastor: John, we just want to do some small spiritual exercise in your house that's why we travelled all the way to this place.

Before pastor could finish telling the reason for coming, Eld Stephen was already feeling sleepy and weak.

Pastor asked us to form a circle where he himself was in the center. The prayer started and seriously Enyonam was also praying. Once of a sudden, she shouted and commanded everybody to keep quiet.

Enyonam: I've given you people too much liberty to fool around. This is not a prayer camp. If you need a place to establish one don't consider this place because it is a rented house. I have a place to go. Hoping by the time i return you people leave this house with your noise.

Pastor: You devil i command you to be mute. You are not moving an inch until our mission is completed.

Enyonam: How dare you command me in my own house?

Pastor: This house does not belong to you and the body though which you are talking also does not belong to you. We are aware of all your plans and even all the worse you did in the past. We are stopping you this very minute.

We heard someone knocking on the door. I went out and it was Jessica. " what do you want here at this time?" i asked. "Am coming for my money or i show your the video to the world. I've edited it so no one will see my face."

Pastor: John let the person in we are praying.

Me: Pastor please she just want to deliver a message so i will attend to her here so that we can continue. I will join you soon.

Enyonam walked to meet me and saw Jessica at the entrance. Immediately, Jessica started crying. "Jessica what is it? come inside." Jessica came into the room.

Jessica: Mr John is owing me and does not want to pay.

Enyonam: How? are you not to report to him after you close from work? how then is he owing you?

Everything is inside this disc. But if he should pay me, no one will see the content of it.

Pastor: Lady will shut up before i descend on you? I'm aware of all your plans and everything will come to an end today.

Before we could see, Eld. Stephen was fast asleep in the sofa. Pastor said we should allow him to sleep because he knows where the problem was coming from.

Jessica: And who is this man trying to command me? What plan are you talking about? i can see you also do cheat on your wife is not around just like this man. Pointing fingers at me.

Me: Jessica what is the meaning of this?

Pastor: God have mercy on your soul. Shall we pray.

The prayer storm started with all seriousness. I couldn't pray but was saying "Jesus".

I didn't know when me, Xorsenyo and one elder got out of the room when Jessica vanished. She vanished leaving the disc on the floor. Enyonam threw some charm against pastor. The charm was to make him have sexual feelings for her. It was one of the elders that saved pastor in the room while we were outside. Pastor dropped his Bible and was looking into Enyonam's face seductively when the elder said " You are lying. I reverse this charm in the name of Jesus!

Pastor came back into his senses without knowing what went wrong. The marine queen and Jessica appeared from no where.

...to be continued.

Read more on www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:25pm On Oct 18, 2017
Episode 19

© Jones Kwesi Tagbor

*Battle won, Enyonam and Jessica delivered and confessed.*

Pastor and the elder in the room got shocked upon seeing the war that was about to begin. They both drew back and tapped the elder sleeping to wake up. He woke up and saw these three marine ladies standing before them. He jumped back immediately and joined pastor. Pastor told them to be strong and courageous.

The marine queen walked forward and said if they want to go back to wherever they were coming from in peace and not pieces, then they should leave the house and mind their own business.

Pastor: I should rather be telling you this. I command heavenly fire to consume you all this very minute. Elders pray!

The heavy prayer started and it was as if an exchange of thunder strike. Anyway i was outside by then so i was only hearing the exchange. The elder standing outside with me and Xorsenyo said we should gather courage and go into the room. I was very much afraid but i followed them. We went in and all we could see was Enyonam and Jessica on the floor. The queen vanished because the battle was tough. She took away the powers inside Enyonam and Jessica so they became very empty and weak. Xorsenyo and the elder now started their version of the prayers. I joined as if i was also doing something. I was praying with my one eye opened so that in case of anything i could run. After some time, Enyonam came into consciousness. She woke up from her unconsciousness and showing signs of poor insight. She didn't know what exactly happened to her and was asking who we were.

Pastor held her hand and asked her to stand. He made her sit in the sofa but very weak. Pastor laid hands on Jessica and also prayed for her. She also gained her consciousness back but not fully.

Pastor brought up a victory song which we all joined in singing. After the song, he asked Enyonam whom exactly she was.

Pastor: Who exactly are you? What was your mission? and where exactly are you coming from?

Enyonam: I'm very sorry please don't harm me. I will not do it again. Don't force me to talk because if i do, i will die.

Pastor: You've not answered any of our questions. No one is here to harm you and there is nothing to apologize for at this moment. So just go ahead and answer the questions.

Little did we know that the marine queen was going to come back. She only went to fortify herself well and came back in a disguised form. We heard a knock on the door. I went and this lady said she was looking for Enyonam. I asked what was her mission and she said she was her customer so she was coming for a business discussion. I told her to wait for a while because we were busy. She said she wont keep long so i should call her. I insisted that she cant come in. She then said i should follow her to her car so that she discuss what she wanted to tell Enyonam with me. When i started moving to follow her, pastor called me and said i should return because the very minute i step my foot into that car, that would be the end of my life. I asked why he said so.

Pastor: "ramatokayatayaa" praying in tongues. I command you to leave this place now because i know what you are in for. These people are now for God and not your property. John Cant you smell the scent all over her? You are chatting with a fish who just left this room.

The pastor himself went out to meet her and to our surprise, Enyonams car was in serious flams. The car started burning which nobody knows the source of fire. We all ran outside to see what was happening. The lady was also no where to be found.

Pastor said we should be calm so that car was not an ordinary car. He said anyone that sits in that car is automatically initiated into some invisible spirit. I was confused and didn't know what exactly was going on. Within 30 minutes, a call came that Jessica's shop was also on fire. Me and Xorsenyo went to the shop side and everything was gone.

Now the problem here too was that, once initiated, everyone swears an oath not to reveal to anybody the practices of the marine world. They keep everything as a secrete and the punishment for unveiling their secrete was instant death or the individual generates a mental disorder. The person also loses all that she/he got from being a member.

Ladies and gentlemen, this made me to come into agreement that the devil doesn't give anything for free. They give with the left hand and takes back with both hands and legs. Same way with blood money, you take it as a loan and pay back using everything of yours including your family. You will lose everything and lose your soul too. Due to this, everyone keeps the oath as their life jacket.

Enyonam and Jessica knew the consequences involved in confession so that became very difficult for them. After the fire service men managed to put the fire under control, we returned into the room where Enyonam and Jessica were to tell us who they were.

Pastor: Don't be scared of anything. Just feel free and tell us everything. we are here to help you.

Enyonam: We've took an oath of secrecy which if we break it, will cost us our life so we cant tell you anything.

Pastor: You will never die but you shall rather live to tell the whole world the goodness of God. You will have a living testimony. The devil is just scaring you. Bible says He has given you the power over all form of powers of this earth so with God on our side, nothing can befall us. Talk my dear.

All Enyonam could do was to cry. As a matter of fact, i was confused that day. I walked towards her and asked her to stop crying and answer the question. She even cried the more when i was talking to her.

Enyonam: John, am very sorry to tell you all that I've cost you. I am the cause of your mother's death.

Me: What?!!!! so you are a witch. Thunder strike you in the name of Jesus. I raised my hands to smash her to death.

Pastor: John behave yourself. You knew how to pray and never prayed to avoid all this. Enyonam feel free and tell us everything.

Enyonam: John i love you that is why you are still alive till this time. I was sent to kill you. I married you because i wanted destroy your family.

The club at Asamankesi that got burnt during your school days belonged to us. We put it up to get more young people into our camp. We make strong believes fall when they come into that club. When you and your friends came in that night, your mother stood in for you and prayed so we couldn't get access to you. It was the straggle between your parents and us that led to the fire and burnt many people. We equally benefited from the blood shed that day. I married you so that i could retaliate with your family because of the bond. I charmed you but this pastor saved you from it. Xorsenyo was always there to interrupt in our moves because anytime he goes to pray, he prays for you. I planned the court case to separate the two of you but he was equally strong in prayers. He was always praying so he warn the case. I bribed your company lawyer to lose the case but i didn't know why he messed up. I poisoned his drink on two occasions but i was rather the person who falls as a victim to my own trap. The first was when i ended up at the general hospital leading to the court case and second was during the reunion. In the process of given him the poisoned drink, i fell down.

Xorsenyo: Oh really! hmm God is wonderful.

Pastor: Was that all you did?

Enyonam: I have infested about 70% of my church members with HIV/AIDS and other STIs.

In chorus, we all shouted eai!!!!!

Enyonam: The head pastor is battling with one because i do sleep with him. He feels he was having fun with me but my target was to bring him down. I equally made him to lust for other church members and never had a peaceful home. I've given him marine powers that is what he uses at church now. The instruction is for him to preach about prosperity to members so that all their focus will be on wealth and miracles and forget about their reason for being in church. We know they were to worship God which we are against so we replaced it with wealth and miracle. Many of them hide under the grace of God and do worse things. All they come to church to do was t see miracles and hear messages of prosperity.

Pastor: So what exactly have you done to your husband so far?

Enyonam: Hmm a lot. He is a dead living.

Me: What! what do you mean by that?

She continued. He has an STI which i infested him with. I made him to forget about his father and also he has no money in his bank.

Me: Jesus Christ! Enyonam so you mean i am HIV positive? Let me just die at ones.

I ran to the kitchen to get a knife to kill myself before the elders rushed to take the knife from me. Pastor laid his hands on me and with the elders, they prayed for me and said they remove any kind of STI in my blood. After the prayer, they questioned Jessica and she also confessed everything.

After the prayer, the pastor said i should go to the hospital to test my blood if still the STI was there. As a matter of fact, i was scared to go because going to see myself positive would bring me down more. By the powerful grace of God, i gathered courage and went for the test. The result came and oh my God! i couldn't believe it. hmm

...to be continued

Read more here : www.youngicee.com

1 Like

Re: Behind The Mask - A Short Story by queenitee(f): 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2017
The lord is good

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chances / An Ode To The Unpredictable Fart. / Where Can I Download Chinua Achebe There Was A Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 284
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.