Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,414 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! (13361 Views)

Faults In Your Honda Cars And What You Did. / Advice : I Want To Buy A Honda Accord EOD For Taxi / 5 Things You Need To Know About Maintaining Your Honda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 8:47am On Nov 15, 2017
talk

1 Like

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Readonee35L(m): 9:00am On Nov 15, 2017
Mist100:
is it normal for my car to consume 10litres of fuel between Jakande Estate Isolo and Festac. To and fro. I feel this car is damn thirsty.
10liters is plenty o.
Is this 4cylinder or V6?
Either way something is wrong with the ride sha. Maybe it needs tuneup,
Or your 02sensor / catalytic converter is missing.
Or your fans are running directly.

Your check engine light should be on.
Try and scan this ride.

1 Like

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 9:22am On Nov 15, 2017
Readonee35L:
10liters is plenty o. Is this 4cylinder or V6? Either way something is wrong with the ride sha. Maybe it needs tuneup, Or your 02sensor / catalytic converter is missing. Or your fans are running directly.
Your check engine light should be on. Try and scan this ride.
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Mist100: 1:45pm On Nov 15, 2017
Please can I order for a Bluetooth scanner to get the job done? other/expert recommendations are appreciated.
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Nobody: 12:47am On May 25, 2018
Mist100:
Please can I order for a Bluetooth scanner to get the job done? other/expert recommendations are appreciated.
yes go ahead and order it, it will help a lot

1 Like

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Avedonn: 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2019
diportivo:

Those ur colleagues sabi book o shocked

I'm sure if u really wanted to follow dem u wldnt come here to seek advice

Its good to follow ppl......but follow who know road grin

Please oga diportivo can I get your WhatsApp number?

I want you to help me check an engine of a car I'm about buying whether if it has been work on

1 Like

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by diportivo: 6:14pm On Jan 20, 2019
Avedonn:

Please oga diportivo can I get your WhatsApp number?

I want you to help me check an engine of a car I'm about buying whether if it has been work on

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by johnny2013(m): 9:23pm On Jan 20, 2019
Hi guys. EoD is an ear tingling name any day anytime. Am planning on getting a told of it b4 March but my fear is that now I can't afford the 05 model so am opting for 03 but I hv read about the transmission of the 03/04 not being as rugged as the 05. What can this house advice me to do, wait until am able to gather enough for 05 0r go ahead?
The comfort is irresistible if I must say.
I only shopped on chemical and jiji and noticed that 05 cost 1.55m on the average and 03 for 1.4m but I think when I hit the field for physical check I might get it less not sure.
Pls your kind advise is needed auto geniuses
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by hidee20(m): 5:27pm On May 30, 2019
johnny2013:
Hi guys. EoD is an ear tingling name any day anytime. Am planning on getting a told of it b4 March but my fear is that now I can't afford the 05 model so am opting for 03 but I hv read about the transmission of the 03/04 not being as rugged as the 05. What can this house advice me to do, wait until am able to gather enough for 05 0r go ahead?
The comfort is irresistible if I must say.
I only shopped on chemical and jiji and noticed that 05 cost 1.55m on the average and 03 for 1.4m but I think when I hit the field for physical check I might get it less not sure.
Pls your kind advise is needed auto geniuses

Read through this thread...https://www.nairaland.com/5208250/canada-tokunbo-cars-low-prices. Be rest assured that second hand( toks or Nigeria used) Honda EOD 05 also have transmission failure after 180-200k mileage.
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:44am On May 31, 2019
I drive a rebranded 2006 accord Europe... Gosh this car is Bae!
Sometimes people get scared for me when I'm lighting the road cuz the general belief is that the leg will pull one day but it has never happened. I change my ball joints and shafts regularly and make sure everything is well tacked. Recently I was contemplating buying the same car for my wife but she wants corolla instead. Yeye, she doesn't know what I enjoy with this babe!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Nobody: 12:01am On Jun 01, 2019
Kelvin30286063:
I drive a rebranded 2006 accord Europe... Gosh this car is Bae!
Sometimes people get scared for me when I'm lighting the road cuz the general belief is that the leg will pull one day but it has never happened. I change my ball joints and shafts regularly and make sure everything is well tacked. Recently I was contemplating buying the same car for my wife but she wants corolla instead. Yeye, she doesn't know what I enjoy with this babe!
Is your Euro spec interior the same with the American spec version?
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Kelvin30286063(m): 7:46am On Jun 01, 2019
dumo1:

Is your Euro spec interior the same with the American spec version?
Yes it's the same interior.
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by johnny2013(m): 7:57pm On Feb 26, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
teeboy99:

whenever the oil change is necessary, you can get correct DW1 from Gazzuzz

How much is Honda DW1 please
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by joungblood(m): 11:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hello, I'm using my Honda accord 2004 and so far its been great but my steering is getting hard n i noticed the oil is almost finished, n its licking, I don't know where from, so today I went to buy ATF, I don't know the one the previous owner was using b4 bt my mechanic said I should get ambro, but the place don't have it so they gave me Holt, n my mechanic said it's OK, but now I'm seeing here people saying holt is bad, I have already used it today o. Wetin go happen
No 2, is it a crime if I'm driving with the plate number belonging to the old owner, because na so sarz carry me yesterday n after they no see anything to hold me with, them say y I dey use the old plate number, y I no go do my own, na so I take go station oo.. After much talk na 5k I pay... Please i don tire for police wahala, who dey do confirm documents, how much to get new plate number. If you're doing car documents legit at good prices whatapp me on 08125670754... N I have Honda civic 2008 for sell too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by johnny2013(m): 9:57am On Feb 28, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]
joungblood:
Hello, I'm using my Honda accord 2004 and so far its been great but my steering is getting hard n i noticed the oil is almost finished, n its licking, I don't know where from, so today I went to buy ATF, I don't know the one the previous owner was using b4 bt my mechanic said I should get ambro, but the place don't have it so they gave me Holt, n my mechanic said it's OK, but now I'm seeing here people saying holt is bad, I have already used it today o. Wetin go happen
No 2, is it a crime if I'm driving with the plate number belonging to the old owner, because na so sarz carry me yesterday n after they no see anything to hold me with, them say y I dey use the old plate number, y I no go do my own, na so I take go station oo.. After much talk na 5k I pay... Please i don tire for police wahala, who dey do confirm documents, how much to get new plate number. If you're doing car documents legit at good prices whatapp me on 08125670754... N I have Honda civic 2008 for sell too

I did my own car papers by November 2019 because I bought a registered car and everything cost 70k including new Lagos plate. You need to do everything afresh because all documents must now carry your name and that involves change of ownership from police and court but the person who did mine handled everything. It can go les than that amount but you can never tell when your documents will be ready so it's wise to add something and get it within a week or two

2 Likes

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Galil: 2:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
johnny2013:
[color=#000099][/color]

I did my own car papers by November 2019 because I bought a registered car and everything cost 70k including new Lagos plate. You need to do everything afresh because all documents must now carry your name and that involves change of ownership from police and court but the person who did mine handled everything. It can go les than that amount but you can never tell when your documents will be ready so it's wise to add something and get it within a week or two
70k �
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Ochima75(m): 10:12am On Jul 07, 2020
Planning to change my engine soon

Please what's the best synthetic engine oil to use(between 7 to 10k). That won't burn

It's an 03 accord
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Socialproject: 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holt!!!!!
Don't even try it
Mist100:

Sorry to hear that. My mechanic bought the recommended fluid though colleagues said they have been using HOLT with no problems. Just didn't want to take chances. Maybe by next service date I will try HOLT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Socialproject: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2020
You need a good scanner to monitor live data, LTFT. STFT, B1S1, B1S2, B2S1 and the senor voltages e.t.c
Mist100:
How do you know your o2 sensor is bad ?
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Kayharry(m): 2:44pm On Apr 06, 2022
Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by okoroemeka(m): 5:32pm On Apr 06, 2022
hidee20:

Read through this thread...https://www.nairaland.com/5208250/canada-tokunbo-cars-low-prices. Be rest assured that second hand( toks or Nigeria used) Honda EOD 05 also have transmission failure after 180-200k mileage.
do you know what 200,000 miles is?from Lagos to onitsha is 230-240 miles divide it by 200,000 you will get roughly 850 trips from Lagos to onitsha before the gear gives up,is the car armoured car that will never spoil?is it not a mark of high efficiency for a second hand car to go to Lagos from onitsha everyday for 2 years and half before the gear scatters?I have used the Honda babyboy and liked it,used the Acura RL liked it,used the Honda DC liked it and I am moving next to the Honda Ridgeline by the grace of God.

2 Likes

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by Angrygoat: 7:05pm On Apr 06, 2022
The only advise is,if u dey drive accord. Be it 2010,2015,2004, always replace ball joint every 8months. Order direct from amazon prime. If not. U know how e dey play,na passengers side and b4 e ho happen,e go reach like 1 week. U go dey hear some kind sound while turning steering. That sound mean say ball joint life span remain 10%, then if u drive am like that after 1 week,na 1% battery low and then gbam
Passengers side tins,driver side tins. Dont feel embarrassed. It happens both home and away ok. Any model, be it benz,lexus,toyota,honda.

Say what. Say cheese.

Re: Your Honda Accord (EOD) Experience! by osinawanta(m): 4:24am On Apr 07, 2022
Nice ride i must confess.bought my own 2012 manual gear 4 plugs direct belgium no issues since then never changed anything one shock sometime ago i always attend to the bolt joints change 6months or any noise oil change every 2000mile with mobile oil fuel top notch changed cat and 02 sensor some years back

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pros And Cons Of Mercedes C230 And C240 / Ferrari Unveils Photos Of 488 Pista Ahead Of 2018 Geneva Motor Show / Left Handed People And Driving!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.