Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,606 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi (809 Views)

Amaechi: No Apology For Siting Transport University In Daura / Reps Pass Bill Proscribing Plastic Bags, Set Fine For Offenders / Buhari Signs Proclamation Proscribing IPOB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by adem30: 6:17pm On Sep 26, 2017
The chairman of the South-East Governors’ forum, Chief David Umahi has said the governors of the zone proscribed the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, to save the lives of over 12 million of Igbos living in the northern Nigeria.
Umahi, who is the governor of Ebonyi State, made this known while addressing stakeholders of the state during the 2017 Ebonyi peace day celebration that took place at Ishielu local government area headquarters of the state.
He noted that the governors of the South-East had no apologies for saving the lives of the igbos.
He said: “The issue of proscribing Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, alot of people were sending test messages to me. Some were commending us whereas others were condemning and abusing us and that is leadership for you.
“Our people must know that the issue of insulting the leaders of the igbos, it is not issue of the sitting President, is not about abusing other tribes.
“The issue of agitation and marginalization should not degenerate into self help and as governors of the south east, We make all efforts to bring peace. We meet as the 5 governors of the south east and proscribed IPOB.
“We did that to save the lives of 12 millions of igbos that are living in the northern Nigeria and other parts of this country. We did that and we have no apologies for saving the lives of not only the igbos but the lives of other ethnic groups within the south east zone.
“We need another state and local government to be like others in the other geopolitical zones. We must use dialogue approach and prayers to get what we need. We cannot allow our place to be a place for kidnappers and armed robbers.
“Our governors are committed to our youths, we have all agreed that our youths who have been mislead by IPOB ideology to be re-absorbed and reintegrated and keep them busy doing something with their hands.
“And to this effect, I ask the ministry of youths empowerment to open up a register for some of our youths who are mislead into this agitation and by my words, we are going to rehabilitate them and reintegrate them into meaningful venture in Ebonyi state”, he said.
The governor further noted that President Buhari had agreed to look into the problems of the South-East.
“Let me hint on this day of peace that we discussed all issues of agitations and would further the discussions with south-east governors.
“We would address all issues of concern with him (Buhari) under an atmosphere of peace as he sends his regarsds to Igbo people,” he added.
Umahi remarked that he was shocked by the president’s humilty as he listended attentively and applied humour which showed he has a good heart.
“In the course of the discussion, he said that it does not matter what people thinks about someone but God who sends one to do justice to all and leave the rest to him”, he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/26/no-apology-proscribing-ipob-umahi/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=twitter
Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by DrUche3(m): 6:18pm On Sep 26, 2017
Really?! After they failed to protect their people from senseless "home based" killings is it the ones in diaspora that can be protected
Well, it's only natural to swim in the direction of the tide! But I think these governors should realise that power really belongs to the people!
All those terrorists disguising as Fulani Herdsmen, committing atrocities were never nailed with a proscription or do those guys not have governors
Sometimes I begin to wonder if the South East people or Aso rock voted in these so called governors!

South East has been very peaceful until this python dance. Common sense is that you don't pour salt on an open wound or you worsen the situation!

Before you quote me, pls provide a proof of any period Igbos went to any northern state and massacred people in any community otherwise keep off!

There's no fire without a smoke!

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by YourImaginaryBF: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2017
IPOBoko
Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by Buharimustgo: 6:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
All the present foolish Governors in southeast will lose their reelection, let me see if The Daura demon will bring his fellows to come and vote for them

4 Likes

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by Paperwhite(m): 6:30pm On Sep 26, 2017
And do these fellas ever remembered the ones that have died through senseless killings in the north in the time past These killers still took the killings to them in the east there but what have they done about it? A confused Ugwuanyi of Enugu state said the inhabitants of his state should "fast and pray" These governor betrayed their people by selling them off to perpetual slavery.Imagine if it were a southern present and northern governors.Histroy will never forgive you all.

2 Likes

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by vedaxcool(m): 6:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
grin grin They only want to blame a Fulani man out of hate while their leaders who saw the London gay club stripper terrorist for the criminal he really is are left without blame.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by Yyeske(m): 6:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
Who cares about miscreants and terrorists? Oga governor, fa bu ndi ala
Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by SillyMods: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
vedaxcool:
grin grin They only want to blame a Fulani man out of hate while their leaders who saw the London gay club stripper terrorist for the criminal he really is are left without blame.
wink

1 Like

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by ozowarac: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
adem30:
The chairman of the South-East Governors’ forum, Chief David Umahi has said the governors of the zone proscribed the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, to save the lives of over 12 million of Igbos living in the northern Nigeria.
Umahi, who is the governor of Ebonyi State, made this known while addressing stakeholders of the state during the 2017 Ebonyi peace day celebration that took place at Ishielu local government area headquarters of the state.
He noted that the governors of the South-East had no apologies for saving the lives of the igbos.
He said: “The issue of proscribing Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, alot of people were sending test messages to me. Some were commending us whereas others were condemning and abusing us and that is leadership for you.
“Our people must know that the issue of insulting the leaders of the igbos, it is not issue of the sitting President, is not about abusing other tribes.
“The issue of agitation and marginalization should not degenerate into self help and as governors of the south east, We make all efforts to bring peace. We meet as the 5 governors of the south east and proscribed IPOB.
“We did that to save the lives of 12 millions of igbos that are living in the northern Nigeria and other parts of this country. We did that and we have no apologies for saving the lives of not only the igbos but the lives of other ethnic groups within the south east zone.
“We need another state and local government to be like others in the other geopolitical zones. We must use dialogue approach and prayers to get what we need. We cannot allow our place to be a place for kidnappers and armed robbers.
“Our governors are committed to our youths, we have all agreed that our youths who have been mislead by IPOB ideology to be re-absorbed and reintegrated and keep them busy doing something with their hands.
“And to this effect, I ask the ministry of youths empowerment to open up a register for some of our youths who are mislead into this agitation and by my words, we are going to rehabilitate them and reintegrate them into meaningful venture in Ebonyi state”, he said.
The governor further noted that President Buhari had agreed to look into the problems of the South-East.
“Let me hint on this day of peace that we discussed all issues of agitations and would further the discussions with south-east governors.
“We would address all issues of concern with him (Buhari) under an atmosphere of peace as he sends his regarsds to Igbo people,” he added.
Umahi remarked that he was shocked by the president’s humilty as he listended attentively and applied humour which showed he has a good heart.
“In the course of the discussion, he said that it does not matter what people thinks about someone but God who sends one to do justice to all and leave the rest to him”, he added.

http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/26/no-apology-proscribing-ipob-umahi/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

[/s]

Fools

1 Like

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by Throwback: 6:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
Commendable!

I do not mind contributing my own quota to the rehabilitation of those whose minds had been zombified by the hunchback clown and his IPOB circus.

Rehabilitate those who can still be salvaged.

Now those who ask how boko haram or ISIS manage to brainwash their adherents, should look no further but watch the videos and radio broadcasts of Kanu and how he slowly and steadily poisoned weaker minds.

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by Young03(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
Na u know
Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by SweetJoystick(m): 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
Which lives did you save? Rubbish

1 Like

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by hisgrace090: 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
There is wisdom in their move.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by frank202012: 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
12million IBO's in the north? this abakeleke man must be high on obiano schnapps...,.,....
Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by Ereolamide: 7:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
These people are bastards I swear grin,you need to see me quaking in laughter, you know why?

'cause some bastard sons of hairy yam legged prostitutes have sworn to perpetually blame Yorubas as the cause of their genetic problem.

1 Like

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by baralatie(m): 7:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
Throwback:
Commendable!

I do not mind contributing my own quota to the rehabilitation of those whose minds had been zombified by the hunchback clown and his IPOB circus.

Rehabilitate those who can still be salvaged.

Now those who ask how boko haram or ISIS manage to brainwash their adherents, should look no further but watch the videos and radio broadcasts of Kanu and how he slowly and steadily poisoned weaker minds.

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
Buharimustgo:
All the present foolish Governors in southeast will lose their reelection, let me see if The Daura demon will bring his fellows to come and vote for them

But our dilector says "no election in biafraaland"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:26pm On Sep 26, 2017
Ereolamide:
These people are bastards I swear grin,you need to see me quaking in laughter, you know why?

'cause some bastard son of hairy yam legged prostitutes have sworn to perpetually blame Yorubas as the cause of their genetic problem.

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 7:28pm On Sep 26, 2017
[s]
ozowarac:

Fools
[/s]

Re: We Have No Apology For Proscribing IPOB – Gov. Umahi by Ereolamide: 7:29pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=IdisuleOurOwn post=60858515][/quote]
Why are you laughing nao?

What if I added cucumber fisting wh0re?

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Nigeria Exits From 90 International Bodies / Kanu Was Declared A Terrorist Because He Wants Justice- Pa Ayo Adebanjo / Biafra: IPOB Reacts To Gowon’s Claim That Ojukwu’s ‘lies’ Caused Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.