Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,843 members, 7,956,169 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:40 AM

God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" (11669 Views)

Nobody Knows Tomorrow / Who Knows A Site I Can Buy Books From? / Who Knows The Story Of Medusa? (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by collinometricx: 11:59am On Oct 11, 2017
i thought it was her father
then
the gateman
surprised is her dog

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by tommynico(m): 7:33am On Oct 13, 2017
Please I beg you, don't end this piece like that I beg you.
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by legacy1leo(m): 7:57am On Oct 13, 2017
u made my morning I have been reading the story. pls keep updating it

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by collinometricx: 8:26am On Oct 13, 2017
na FP we der so...

dancing augment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 13, 2017
The BEST story i've cam across so far on NL. Keep it coming,you are the best!
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by phemmyoyk: 9:53am On Oct 13, 2017
You are too much, pls keep it up.
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by donqx: 11:42am On Oct 13, 2017
yes
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by Eniqurl(f): 1:23pm On Oct 13, 2017
Pls update na
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by highfresh: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2017
Kudos to you bro
how can I get the remaining episodes
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by seun9303: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2017
a very interesting one... kudos to you.
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:18pm On Oct 13, 2017
tommynico:
Please I beg you, don't end this piece like that I beg you.

I just had few things to attend to but am back
thanks for following
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:19pm On Oct 13, 2017
hanity:
The BEST story i've cam across so far on NL. Keep it coming,you are the best!

Thanks Boss
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2017
phemmyoyk:
You are too much, pls keep it up.

Thanks
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
highfresh:
Kudos to you bro how can I get the remaining episodes
incoming bro
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2017
seun9303:
a very interesting one... kudos to you.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:22pm On Oct 13, 2017
God knows tomorrow " Olorunmola " 

Episode 11

Since the moment Akanni saw how serious Athira's mom was, he knew she would probably occupy Athira's time for the day. But something seems strange to him; he felt like he knew Mrs Duke somewhere and he couldn't place where, he tried remembering every possible connections but all was proving fruitless.
     **Phone rings**

"Hello sis" Akanni said as soon as he picked up

"Égbòn (Big Brother); you left with notice this early morning, ìbo léwà járé (Where are you)" Ajoke demanded

"Pélé (sorry), always sounding as if that's how much you miss me. What happen?" Akanni replied jokingly

"Seriously? We shall see. Anyway, you promised to follow-up with the job interview today" Ajoke requested while Akanni checked his time.

"Oh! I almost forgot about it, I will go there now, I still have about 20 minutes. Thanks sis"

"You are welcome, buy me something when coming ooo" Ajoke replied and dropped the call.

Akanni couldn't say give his goodbyes to Athira nor her mom; he tried calling her but he realized that she dropped her phone with him. He wanted to wait and see them but he thought he could use the letter as an opportunity to visit her one more time.

"Don't you know where he lives?" Mrs Duke asked after Athira had tried Akanni's number thrice.

"No, I haven't really ask nor being there" Athira responded  

"Okay, I need to get some things in placed before it goes wrong. I might be coming in late" Mrs Duke stated.

"Okay Mom, but what is going on. Is everything alright? " 

"It's Okay, I will explain later" Mrs Duke replied and left.

"This is becoming really weird, First she acted like she didn't care about him; now she really want to met him. There must be something really special about him" Athira thought to herself then she heard a knock at door.

**Door opens**

Unexpectedly, Athira's sister just flew in from Abuja, she stood by the door expecting Athira to hug her but Athira was Stiff. She was staring at her sister like a hug rock; her sis had a thing for surprising people in which Athira has gotten used to but these was the least of her expectations...

"Sister mi(My Sister); Are you okay, is that how to show that you miss me?" Tomisin shouted reviving her sister back to life.

"Edria! Am sorry jare; you and your surprises, I was taken aback. Why are you here?" Athira responded.

"I told you not to call me Edria again; I prefer Tomisin, I am a Yoruba girl so call me by my second name." Tomisin fight back

"Àtìgbò ma(we have heard you), please what are doing at home this time" Athira asked

"You and your questions, Please let me enter before you kill me here with question" Tomisin replied then pushed her way in.

Tomisin has always love skipping school to relax a bit at home, people always think she isn't schooling but having fun around. Though both sister don't get along really too well, they look so much alike, they have been mistook as twins most times. "This is an opportunity to indulge in my sister" Athira thought. Being on different side is a thing for them but tomisin do really have great judgement on things. After divulging everything to Tomisin including their mom's reaction to it; She felt tomisin herself was lost but she signed and replied in the most very polite and disturbing way...

"You remember Mom said to us when we were little that we had a brother?" Tomisin stated

"Yes, that's true. I almost forgot that; I guess that's why I felt secure with him when we first met" 

"Why don't you give him a call again, at least I would get to met him and finalize my judgement " Tomisin declared

"Okay, good idea"

Athira dialed Akanni number twice and he picked on the third ring; she questioned him on leaving without notice. Akanni couldn't explain better then it resulted into an impromptu date. Athira was happy that she would get to see him again while Tomisin prepared herself for a great encounter.

Being chosen to come for the final round of the interview was a great news to Akanni, he couldn't wait to come back and be chosen to start work. He thought of everything he would have done without the interruption of letter that unfaithful; he remembered all his encounter after then "Athira". He found himself gushing over the thought of her then he decided to call her; but Athira found him first; he tried explaining why he left without notice but Athira drag him into a date with an additional package(Tomisin). He wanted to call bode for advice on how to manage them; sadly for him, bode number was switched off.  Since it seems to be his lucky day so far; he rushed home and get something different to wear to the date. He updated his sister about the new development about the interview then set out for the date. Getting there first to him was perfect; he hated getting
anywhere late. Just then Athira and Tomisin entered...

"Hey, I hope we didn't keep you waiting for long?" Athira asked 

"Not at all, I just got here" Akanni replied 

"Okay then, this is my sister "Tomisin"

"Nice meeting you Tomi, how is everything?" Akanni said directing to Tomisin 

"Am fine, we thank God sir" 

" ladies, you are looking great, maybe we should turn this to a wedding party, I wish to take both of you to my mom" Akanni commented jokingly 

"Hmmm, I would really love that. I'll get to see the root of your attractiveness" Athira replied 

"And Humour" Tomisin added

They all laughed; being together felt like home to them, they weren't even distracted with other things. Tomisin and Akanni got along well; they talked more and laugh more, this made Athira liked him the more. Just before they finish up and say their goodbyes, Athira's phone ranged...

"Hello"

"Yes, this is Athira"

"That's my Mom"

"She what!!!" Athira shouted‎ almost stumbling towards the table... 

"Where? We are coming right away" she replied with tears rolling down her eyes.

" What happened?" Tomisin and Akanni asked at the same time

"She said Mom had an accident on her way back" Athira responded 

They quickly left and went straight for the hospital; Akanni drove them, he couldn't allow neither of them to drive. Getting to the hospital was a thing but getting answers from the nurse going in and out of the theater was struggle. Their mom was being operated on; just then their driver came in...

"Mr. Man, why would allow her to drive. Where were you?" Athira asked almost charging at the driver but stopped by Akanni.

"We went back to work because she said she needed some files for some accreditations but she came out back in a hurry and she wouldn't allow me to drive. She left me there; the only thing I heard her saying was *The letter**The letter*" The driver explained.

To be continued...

What does this letter really mean?
What makes it so special? 

*In every moment of problems or bad situations, Always learn to think of the solution first because your first step matter most - Omotayo Victor*

*Two of the fundamentals of a happy, joyful life are balance and moderation. One must maintain a balance of all activities and do nothing to the extremes - Unknown*

3 Likes

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 10:27pm On Oct 13, 2017
Thanks to everyone who has been following, I really appreciate you. God bless you

I also thank Nairaland for making my dream a reality. God bless you

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by tommynico(m): 11:00pm On Oct 13, 2017
I dey you back like aso rock.

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 6:25am On Oct 14, 2017
Pls dnt make akanni deir bro oo coz I wont like it..also dis is really gtn twisted.... Wats even in dat letter

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by collinometricx: 9:28am On Oct 14, 2017
suspense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 8:00pm On Oct 16, 2017

Episode 12

It was around 7pm when the doctors came out from the theater; it had been a great surgery given the extreme shock Mrs Duke went through, the doctors brought good news...

"Please, how was the surgery? Hope my mom is alright" Athira asked weakly

"She stable now but in a coma, we can't specifically dictate  when she will be waking up" The Doctor replied 

"What She is in a coma, how did that happen?" Tomisin shouted 

"She hit her head really hard, we had to give our best to put her in that state but as you know God heals, we just try our best" the Doctor responded.

Athira just stood there, shaking weakly just then Akanni pulled her closer and hug her. He stretch his hand towards Tomisin too, he made them sit and rest their heads on his shoulder. It seems like the best thing to do. Time went by; Mrs Duke was transferred into a private ward, Tomisin rested on the couch while Athira kept crying gently with her head rested on Akanni's legs. It was late in the midnight when Mr. Duke got there; he had needed to take a flight from Abuja to Ilorin, though he was only told there is a situation about his wife. He love his wife despite the misunderstanding they always have, she knows him better than anyone else. Immediately he entered the ward; his daughters hugged him, he couldn't do anything but shed tears looking at his wife lying lifeless. He thanked Akanni for taking care of his daughters and drove them home to pickup some new cloth, also for them to take a shower. Akanni left with them but dropped at the intersection to his house, he didn't want to leave Athira but she insisted that he rest for the day. Athira hugged him an gave him a peck which Tomisin bumped her for, she giggles and gave her goodbyes.

Akanni got home feeling tired; he couldn't think of anything other than Athira and her family since he had totally forgotten about his own family. He hasn't been around much; he decided to mix up with his sister before sleeping off. Ajoke was awake as usual; watching a movie, she could watch film for 24hours without blinking if she is allowed to. Akanni knew he could get through to her tonight; it seems she is bored watching alone, she always has either one of her friends over...

"Maybe I should get you a teddy bear, at least you won't be watching alone anymore" Akanni proposed jokingly 

"Smiles, I would rather have you spend more time around here. Do you have a new girlfriend now or you are hiding from the fact that you miss her?" Ajoke tease him

"Miss who? You have started again with this your miss her, miss her. Don't you get tired?" Akanni fight back

"We both know that you always miss them, especially the one before her. She got you so crazy that you had to stay away from anything close to her, you better confess" Ajoke replied bluntly

"Enough talk about that; what's up with mom? I hope she isn't having a hard time without Dad?" 

"She is might be acting all good but she is struggling within, you'll know that if you are around much. You used to be so close to her, what really happen to you?" Ajoke asked

"You know I never supported their decision, I just had to change with the situation. That aside; i need you to meet with someone tomorrow, I hope you don't have any plans?" 

"Sure, I would love to know who is occupying your time" Ajoke replied 

"Goodnight sis" Akanni left

"Goodnight Bro" 

The night went well for everyone but Akanni; he woke up sweating profusely, he had a bad dream. "I need to get this letter today" he said to himself. He had been having confusing dreams about the letter. Soon his eyes caught something, what! It's 10am already. He race to the bathroom; brush his teeth, took a quick shower and dress up. He met his sister already dress in the sitting room with her best friend watching a movie...

"Hey sis, you couldn't even wake me up?" Akanni asked with a serious face

"Good morning Égbòn (Big brother); you have always warned me not to wake you whenever you are sleeping  remember?" Ajoke replied 

"Good morning bro Ak(Akanni), It's been quite a while" Margaret greeted 

"Hello Margaret ; pardon me I have been busy, how have you been?" Akanni responded while Margaret blush, she has been crushing on Akanni since she met him during his secondary school days.

Akanni left the house with his sister around 12pm to the hospital, he had called Athira early and ask about her whereabouts.  

Athira had gotten to the hospital earlier than others, she was determined to revive her mom in any way possible. She couldn't help herself but think about what could have push her ever careful mom to be so careless, that's when her mind went back to the letter. "Oh, it's time that I open this letter" she said to herself; just then Akanni came in with Ajoke and Tomisin. 

"Welcome everyone, where is Dad?" she asked while hugging Akanni, Tomisin eyed her.

"He had to get some new Prescriptions for Mom" Tomisin answered and was about to leave the ward with Ajoke.

"You can't even introduce your new friend?" Athira asked directing to Tomisin and Ajoke.

"Oh! She is actually your boyfriend's younger sister and we met during *Unique Vessel's Concert* last year, she can really sing" Tomisin responded seeming excited.

"Hello big sis, I greeted you earlier but you were pretty focused on my brother. Nice meeting you, I hope you are alright? " Ajoke declared politely 

"It's my pleasure sis, am okay Thanks. We'll talk better soon. Take care of yourselves " Athira replied directing to them as they left the ward

"How is mom doing? Any update on anything yet?" Akanni asked

"She is stable at least, that aside we really need to talk" Athira replied

" I have been thinking about the letter all morning, I think it's time you open it" Athira proposed 

"I was actually going to ask you later but you beat me to it, where is it?" 

"It's right here, I brought it along with me but I want you to open yourself since it is originally meant for you" Athira replied 

Akanni took the letter and opened it, and behold it was what they never expected...

To be continued...

What did they found inside the letter?
What does it mean to them?

*Remember, whatever you do to others will gives results. Either good or bad - Omotayo Victor*

*‎You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something - your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life. - Steve Jobs*

*‎I believe in karma, and I believe if you put out positive vibes to everybody, that's all you're going to get back. - Kesha*‎

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by YINKS89(m): 9:38pm On Oct 16, 2017
I can't wait to read d letter.
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by collinometricx: 9:51pm On Oct 16, 2017
this suspense is too much ooooohhhh1q
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by seun9303: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2017
collinometricx:
this suspense is too much ooooohhhh1q
as in ehn, e no get part two
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by collinometricx: 10:52pm On Oct 16, 2017
seun9303 :

as in ehn, e no get part two
the thing too much
Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by badohemmy(m): 5:28am On Oct 20, 2017
At last, you have my interest. Nice story.

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2017
Finally the cover page came out... what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by seun9303: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2017
frozenvictor:
Finally the cover page came out... what do you think?
e make brain... oya start to dey update abeg.

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 12:00pm On Oct 26, 2017

Episode 13

Mr. Duke kept staring at his wife " what could have cause this, she has always been the careful one" he thought to himself right after sending Athira and Akanni home to prepare some new cloths for Mrs Duke. He couldn't think of anything reasonable to attach to the situation, tears starts rolling down his cheeks. Meanwhile Tomisin and Ajoke were catching up quite better; they have been inseparable since they met each other.  

"So what do you think of Athira and Akanni?" Ajoke asked 

"They will be great together but what does your brother think of her?" 

"He actually likes her"

"Hmmm, hope you're sure because Athira seems really in love"

"I know my brother, he might act all cold but once he pays attention to someone, he really do like the person" Ajoke replied bluntly 

Opening the letter was supposed to be a new direction to things but now that it is being opened, it seems like a dead end. The only thing they found was a Blood description document which was meant for Akanni and a phone  number which has "Call me! It's important" note added to it. Athira decipher the phone number to be her mom's cellphone number. Since Mrs Duke is in coma; what can they do than to wait. Athira kept staring a Akanni on their way home, he seems to be extra quiet since they opened the letter. Akanni was the type to joke and make everyone laugh but he is quite affected, knowing his involvement in something he can't even explain. As soon as they got home; she stumbled on Da'sean who had been waiting at their house for anyone to come by...

"Hey! What happened? You have been AWOL for quite a while, I have check your office severally but I was told you took some days off" Da'sean lamented.

"Yes, mom had an accident"

"What!!! But how come you never call me nor inform me?" Da'sean demanded

"Ehn ehn..." Athira stammered then  Akanni came in

"Well, you don't have to answer that, I already know why, I hope Mrs Duke is recovering well?" Da'sean declared 

"Yes she is" Athira and Akanni echoed 

"I need to be somewhere right now but text the hospital address, I want to come and check on her" Da'sean said directing to Athira and he left.

Akanni moved closer to Athira; he could see that she is sad, he drew her closer and hug her. Immediately, his phone started ringing...

"Hello mom" Akanni said as soon as he picked up

"Bàwò nì (How are you), please I need you home right away. You father is here with his troubles again" Mrs Lola stated

"Okay ma"

He told Athira that he had to leave for something urgent and he left.

Akanni got home already furious about his parents problems; though they are now separated, they still find ways to create scene for themselves. He got inside the living room and saw his father already close to slapping his mom, he quickly slide in their middle...

"Good afternoon Dad, is these what you want?"

"Afternoon son, It isn't like it seems, I only came here to pick up my last documents but she isn't giving me the opportunity to do so" Mr Alani stated

" mom, please let him pick it up. It isn't a problem right? " Akanni pleaded to his mom

"I already kept the document somewhere safe, he just wants to keep chasing a void dream, how can he say you are not my son" Mrs Lola declared 

"What! Dad, what is going on?" Akanni voice went up

"It's alright son, I think it's time you knew the truth" Mr Alani Replied 

"What truth?" 

"That's the question I have been asking him for months now" Mrs Lola jumped in

Mr Alani signed; he wanted to explain everything as soon as he could because he is having less time remaining, the threat is becoming too much for him. Akanni became impatient; he kept on pushing the question to his father but Mr Alani kept mute. Tears began to roll down his cheeks then he fainted, Akanni rushed towards him, carry him and took him to the hospital as fast as he could. Getting to the hospital clouded Akanni mind; he need to know what is going with the people around him, as soon as he came back things started falling apart. He only wanted a new beginning but all these is becoming too much for him to bear, the father he knew all his life is now saying his mother isn't his real mom. His new found informations tore him apart within, all he could thin of is "who am i". Immediately they got to the hospital; Akanni met with Athira and explain what had happened, he seems to find solace in Athira. After several hours of waiting; the doctor came out...

"Mr Akanni, your father is stable but let me see you in my office" The doctor  declared

"Okay Sir"

Athira hugged Akanni and cheer him up to be positive.

"Mr Akanni, I understand that this might be hard for you right now, firstly you came with Mrs Duke and now it's your father. I hope you are holding on well?" Dr. John asked

"I am trying sir, but sir what's wrong with my Dad?"

"That's why I called you in, he has been coming in for check-up this past months, though he wanted it to be a secret I think it's time I told one of his Family member"

"Why! How! I thought he was alright" Akanni lamented 

"Actually, he has been diagnosed with a condition of the heart for a while now and it's really at the extreme edge now. He has less than a month left"

Akanni couldn't help the tears coming out of his eyes; he thought coming home would at least be a good starting point but it is turning out to be a nightmare...

What is Akanni's real identity? 
How is he connected to Mrs Duke?

*Always Remember that when everything seems unstable and overwhelming, it means it close to the finish line because that's when it will use it's utmost strength - Omotayo Victor*

*There are moments when troubles enter our lives and we can do nothing to avoid them. But they are there for a reason. Only when we have overcome them will we understand why they were there. - Paulo Coelho*‎

1 Like

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by frozenvictor(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2017

Episode 14

...~Between being lost and found; Akanni stood in the middle, he could see Athira reaching out to him but something kept dragging him backward. He was just dizzy and without strength in the middle, he wanted to go forward and get closer to her. The strength of the opposition was beyond his strength, he looked back to see who is holding him back, shocking the figure was under some kinda of cloak. Just looking at the figure terrifies him; he became scared but it was too late the figure draw him in~... Akanni immediately woke up "It's just a dream, thank you God". He knelt down beside his father's hospital bed and pray to God, just then Ajoke came in with Tomisin, they saw how he was sweating and praying and joined him in prayer.

After several minutes of praying; Akanni got tapped by his father, he had woken up...

"Hello Dad" Akanni whispers 

"Pélé òmò (Sorry son), I hope I didn't cause you much trouble?"

"No Dad, are you feeling better?" Akanni asked 

"Yes son, I feel great"

"Ajoke, Tomisin please give me and Dad few minutes, I need to talk to him about something" Akanni stated 

Ajoke had been crying since she saw her dad on the hospital bed, Tomisin guarded her well and took her outside the ward.

"Dad, you don't have to hide it anymore, Dr John told me about your condition already. What I don't understand is why you had to hide it from your Family, we are the only one you've got. How could you do this to us?" Akanni declared with his voice shaking, he was about to cry

"Am sorry son, I didn't want to spend my last days feeling that I never did anything for you. About your identity, I think it's time I told you" Mr Alani replied 

"Dad, let's worry about that later. Let sort you out first, you need to rest and I need to get you some drugs. I will be right back"

As soon as Akanni left the ward, Ajoke slip in and took her phone. She had been curious on what her brother has to say to their father so she left her phone on recording inside the ward. After listening to the voice note, she couldn't believe her ears, "Dad has Heart problem and Akanni isn't my brother?" She said to herself. She felt so distraught, she always had a strange feeling about her parent keeping the secret but these was too much for her. Although she has always been strong, she was weak and nervous, then she decided to get to the bottom of everything.

The next day slips in faster than expected; Akanni was determine to see to the whole truth while Ajoke decided to sneak  her way into checking for DNA samples as confirmation. They got to the hospital with their mom; Akanni left them for Mrs Duke's ward, he had promise to check on Athira, he had been avoiding her given the fact that she might be his blood sister though he never knew Athira had the same thought but she believes it wouldn't be true. He was about to enter when He spotted Da'sean inside the ward with Athira and she was all smiles, he felt his heart shaken, he realised he was actually jealous of Da'sean being there with Athira. He decided to check back later but Athira caught him too fast, She rushed to him and hugged him...

"Hey babe, you came earlier than expected, how was your night?" Athira asked

"It went well, you know I had to check on dad and yesterday was the final interview" 

"Oh! That's true, how was the interview? " Athira demanded 

"I would be called if chosen, that aside how is your mom?" Akanni asked

"She is stable and looking healthy, the doctors just told us to be positive around her and keep praying" Athira replied

"I will check on her later, I have to go check on my dad now" 

"Wait babe, No goodbye kiss nor hug" Athira demanded 

"This one that you are calling me babe today, I hope all is well" Akanni asked looking for signs of jokes

"I just have a feeling that you will like it" Athira replied 

Akanni got to his father's ward, his mom already left with Ajoke to get some new drugs for his father...

"Ekààrò Sir (Good morning Sir)"

"kààrò Akanni (Morning Akanni), how was your night?

"It was fine, how was yours" Akanni replied 

"It was okay, but I know yours didn't go well with your face all worrisome. It's fine though I will explain everything"

"I understand Dad"

"It all happened the day your mom had her second miscarriage; we were with the doctor when you ran inside the office, not wanting to comply with the nurses because you were being transferred to an orphan home. The doctor tried explaining to you that it’s alright but you kept adamant, then you move close to your mom and hugged her tight.everyone tried to separate you from her but you declined, that was the moment we decided to adopt you as our own son. But lately; after all this years I have been getting threats from a strange Madam, claiming that you are her son. I told your mom but she was totally against it, I am really sorry son" Mr Alani explained 

"Dad, you don't have anything to be sorry for. You made me who I am today and no one can replace that" Akanni replied and hugged his dad.

"So dad, can I have the Madam cell phone number? " Akanni requested 

"Okay, Let me check my phone" Mr Alani responded

After getting the cell phone  number, they spend more time discussing about several other things till Akanni decided to  let his Father rest for the day but he discovered that the cell phone number was the same with the one inside the letter. As soon as he got out he met with his mom and sister, he couldn't help but hug them and encourage them that all will be well. He spoke with his mom about everything, ensuring her that he isn't going anywhere.  Just before he left the hospital, he decided to check on Mrs Duke since Athira won't be there. Fortunately, he got there and no one was present, he check on Mrs Duke and was about to leave when someone stopped him...

To be continued...

Who stopped him?
Why would Mrs Duke threatened Mr Alani?

*Always remember, whatever you do isn't for the the present but for the Future - Omotayo Victor*

*Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present. - Bil Keane*

2 Likes

Re: God Knows Tomorrow "Olorunmola" by tommynico(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2017
Issokay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Butt Hurt / 4 African Tips For Overcoming Procrastination / How Does One Become A Member Of The Association Of Nigerian Authors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.