Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,580 members, 7,837,190 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency (2658 Views)

COVID-19: FG, Governors Disagree Over Lockdown / Miyetti Allah: Fani-kayode Disagrees With Presidency / WAEC Disagrees With Presidency, Says Buhari Applied For Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
Chairman of the South East Governors’ Forum and governor of Ebonyi State, Mr. David Umahi, has said that the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) should not be likened with the dreaded Islamic terrorist group Boko Haram.

The statement follows that of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, who said the group was like the Boko Haram sect.

Recall also that a Federal High Court in Abuja, had declared the activities of the group as “acts of terrorism”.

Umahi, in his statement, said that the group however, needs to rebrand before any dialogue would commence as its activities have been proscribed.

He further said that contrary to speculations, the governors will not abandon the IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu but will continue to appeal to the agitators on the need to work for a one and united Nigeria.

He said, “Our situation is different from Boko Haram situation. But if anybody believes that we will abandon those boys, it is not true.

“We will still be appealing to them to come back to their leaders, let us sit down and discuss. Kanu somehow raised awareness on this restructuring issue. We must give it to him.

“We are not going to throw him away; we will still find a way; we will be appealing to the federal government for forgiveness. The word, IPOB, is not in agreement with me because when you say the Indigenous People of Biafra, it has its own connotation. When you say indigenous, if you go to America you talk about the indigenous people of America and that is the Red Indies that founded America.

“There is no indigenous in this sense. It could be Igbo Youth Movement or association and so on and so forth. So having proscribed that and their activities, of course the federal government says it’s a terror group; we cannot dialogue with them under that name again. They’re our brothers and sisters and it’s a question of getting them to a better level of understanding and partnership.”

On what will happen to anyone that wears Biafra’s insignia or carry its flag since the group has been proscribed, Umahi said the decision should be left for the president to make.

“Well, there are two issues here. One is that we have appealed to Mr President to withdraw the soldiers in the South- East region at least for now for temper to cool. I am not the Commander-In-Chief of the Armed Forces; it’s Mr President who is. It is an appeal that we have made to him. It is his constitutional powers and rights.

“So, I cannot say for certain that Operation Python Dance will not commence in Ebonyi State. I don’t have such powers. But if Mr President views it that in his own opinion that he wants to heed to our appeal, that is good. But specifically in Ebonyi State, we are appealing that everybody should be law-abiding. There’s no nation inside a nation. Even if you want Biafra, you have to get it first; become a nation before you start putting up your flag, owning your own secret service and so on and so forth.”

https://thewhistler.ng/amp/story/ipob-different-bharam-seast-governors-disagree-presidency/

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by sarrki(m): 8:08pm On Sep 27, 2017
They are all terrorist

Its left for the army to categorized them

If you believe ipob is higher in rank press like

If you believe boko boiz press share
Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Isoko1stSon(m): 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2017
Lemme wait fr Devils Media Crew Chief Zonebie Salaki comment First..

As For Salaki and his Herds of demons Who Will Comment This below is Fr u

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Nobody: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
You want to burn down the zoo (Nigeria) but you forget that Nigeria comprised of Nigerians.

Have you ever seen a group of Nigerians attack a common enemy.

See Ghana vs Nigeria Jollof .. for details. that one sef na rice.

IPOB was a threat to the average Nigerians hustle, our girlfriends, boyfriends, business partners, wives, kith and kin.

Especially that sexy lightskinned Nigerian actoress that makes me smile everytime she bats her eyelashes.. I like girls that can complain in a sexy way.

Now they want mercy. How can zoo animals give you mercy...
Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by LUGBE: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2017
Time will tell, more agitation groups will soon spring up

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by eagleeye2: 8:26pm On Sep 27, 2017
What were they thinking when they proscribed IPOB from their states?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by marenx: 8:31pm On Sep 27, 2017
Mr. David is a good leader. He said nothing but the truth.
Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Tenkobos(m): 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

If you think this guy is sane press like.

If you think he's insane, Kindly share

1 Like 42 Shares

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by TheFreeOne: 8:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
Tenkobos:

Hmnn

That'll be difficult cos he oscillates in between cheesy

Let me ask him....parrot sarrki which one should I choose? grin

And seriously sarrki where do we categorize Fulani herdsmen militias that has killed thousands of Nigerians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Bayajidda1: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
grin
Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Bayajidda1: 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Bayajidda1: 9:12pm On Sep 27, 2017
Tenkobos:

Below is the doctor's reports on the evaluation of his sanity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by lomprico(m): 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2017
Sense! gradually falling on them.

4 Likes

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Nobody: 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

who do you this thing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by sonature1: 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

Otele!

Your joblessness beats my imagination!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by myrrtle(m): 11:49pm On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

you see no one will like or share because they're tired of a grown as.s man acting like a nincompoop all the time.. I think you should do a survey of how stupid you sound here and you'd be surprised at the figures you'll see.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by kynbasil01: 11:59pm On Sep 27, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

you have completely lost your soul to stupid.ity

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by adadike281(f): 1:34am On Sep 28, 2017
U don't throw d bath water away with d baby. Ipob is not a terrorist group.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Bede2u(m): 4:01am On Sep 28, 2017
TheCabal:
You want to burn down the zoo (Nigeria) but you forget that Nigeria comprised of Nigerians.

Have you ever seen a group of Nigerians attack a common enemy.

See Ghana vs Nigeria Jollof .. for details. that one sef na rice.

IPOB was a threat to the average Nigerians hustle, our girlfriends, boyfriends, business partners, wives, kith and kin.

Especially that sexy lightskinned Nigerian actoress that makes me smile everytime she bats her eyelashes.. I like girls that can complain in a sexy way.

Now they want mercy. How can zoo animals give you mercy...
The only threat to 'to the average Nigerians hustle' IPOB posed was the hustle to keep stealing NIGER DELTA OIL to develpe north and west. You guys hate Igbos passionately... now imagine our surprise when we hear that you want us to remain with u in one Nigeria.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Nobody: 4:23am On Sep 28, 2017
Bede2u:
The only threat to 'to the average Nigerians hustle' IPOB posed was the hustle to keep stealing NIGER DELTA OIL to develpe north and west. You guys hate Igbos passionately... now imagine our surprise when we hear that you want us to remain with u in one Nigeria.

The biggest mistake IPOB made was to assume the SS would sacrifice... their position of power for nothing
Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by sorom4: 4:43am On Sep 28, 2017
Shut Up!!!

If you believe that Sarrki is an unrepentant Zombie press Like. If not, press Share
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Bede2u(m): 5:09am On Sep 28, 2017
TheCabal:

The biggest mistake IPOB made was to assume the SS would sacrifice... their position of power for nothing
what exactly is 'their position of power' cos that last time I checked the SS was the most powerless geopolitical zone in the south

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 28, 2017
Bede2u:
what exactly is 'their position of power' cos that last time I checked the SS was the most powerless geopolitical zone in the south
correct bro..no mind doz zombies

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by BUHARItesticles: 7:15am On Sep 28, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

I'm not a Biafran but let me tell you this, you are one out of a million fools that are pulling Nigeria down by blind support. You are worse than Kanu. I'm not a hidden figure in Nigeria, @30 I was LG chairman and an entrepreneur, still leading in a global sphere. I want to assure you that your hate comments and show of shame in Nairaland is doing bad to the image of our great country. I'm ashamed that a jobless Nigerian would act the way you do.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by lincolnj88: 7:19am On Sep 28, 2017
In as much the idiots supported python dance... Buhari is better than them.. . Sell outs

1 Like

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Omeokachie: 7:24am On Sep 28, 2017
Weaklings!
Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by SweetJoystick(m): 8:06am On Sep 28, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

Shut up shameless being
Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by EnEnPeecee: 8:15am On Sep 28, 2017
sarrki:
They are all terrorist

u no dey tire at all No wonder ppl called u a BMC paid agent.

jobless goa.t
Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 28, 2017
The fools are retracing their steps lest they are found swimming against the tide. At the end of the battle all the quislings will be called out for acting as the Achilles heel of the struggle.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Different From Boko Haram, South East Governors Disagree With Presidency by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 28, 2017
EnEnPeecee:
u no dey tire at all No wonder ppl called u a BMC paid agent.

jobless goa.t

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking: Nigerians To Overtake India As World Poorest People / Did The Igbos See Something In Buhari / 2019: Buhari Is A Dictator, We’ll Not Keep Quiet – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.