Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe (31833 Views)

Delicious Dog Meat Pepper Soup / How To Make Black Soup|Edo Black Soup Recipe 1 / Jubilation As Villagers Kill A Huge Python, Set To Prepare Pepper Soup(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Mup4life: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
ogorwyne:

Thanks for the names. Ukwuani
i suspected so, did not know you use those spices and the name could be different from the way we urhobos call them.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by ogorwyne(f): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
Mup4life:
i suspected so, did not know you use those spices and the name could be different from the way we urhobos call them.
I Grew up in different parts of urhobo land. The black long spice is called udah in my place I don't know the others sha
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Probz(m): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Kitchen Butterly's got the best pepper soup recipe.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Mup4life: 3:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
ogorwyne:

I Grew up in different parts of urhobo land. The black long spice is called udah in my place I don't know the others sha
owk, which part?
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Probz(m): 3:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
Jh0wsef:
storry..

pepper soup = water + pepper + pepper + pepper!!! + few more pepper + meat.

More spices than pepper.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Probz(m): 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
wristbangle:

My brother, I tire! Instead of learning from each other, we dey claim whose peppersoup sweet pass. The other day na joll of rice. Which day black man wan get sense sef? sad

Common jollof you can't even spell. See you.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by dustydee: 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
eneubane1:
Tell the people selling meat to give you muscle and they you have it.

i do not reside in Nigeria. Can you describe it? Muscle sounds like steak or proper meat to me but I doubt that's what is being referred to.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by ogorwyne(f): 3:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
Mup4life:
owk, which part?
Eku, Sapele, ughelli
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
the chicken looks like it's taking a shit... lipsrsealed
Ogashub:
If you were served this were will you start from
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Mup4life: 3:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
ogorwyne:

Eku, Sapele, ughelli
cool some core urhobo towns.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Alennsar(f): 5:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ogashub:
If you were served this were will you start from

ah! you wicked oooo. abi you wan make I chop my phone ni.

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by GoodFaith: 5:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
Amarabae:
THRASH

nobody knows them, they are irrelevant and crap!
Try again and harder next time!

Because you don't know them made it crap
Ignorant

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by GoodFaith: 5:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
mr1759:

black soup

owo soup

garden egg or egg plant stew

cotton wool seed soup

pepper soup and many more

I almost forget cotton wool seed soup-- Long time

1 Like

Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
ogorwyne:
Thyme for pepper soup?
What happened to otaiko, beletete, rogoje etc?

My favorite pepper soup ingredients. The nice smell from this spices alone dey give me joy.

U b from Warri
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by IFNOTGOD(m): 5:56pm On Sep 28, 2017
userplainly:

na rubbish dem dey call pepper soup, dia pepper soup is like an Uncompleted building......Chai av missed area oo..... I must travel back home this December......

Warri
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by dataking: 6:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
Amarabae:
trash, you ended up saying nothing!
Thats one area i admire yorubas, they dont tolerate nonsense from anyone who insult them, they give it back to you hot on the social media,
the media is powerful and gives us the platform to project ourselves,
so swerve mr apologetic, people like you are the reason why any idiot can come out and insult Igbos on social media,
grow some balls and tear off the defeaist mentality away from you!

I take no no-nonsense from anyone! Not even you, so mind your tongue!

You will feed your children with so much hate. You are so full of it. Tribal goat or na pig

3 Likes

Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by dataking: 6:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Abeg make una edit and recompile the recipe. Make we get the final bomb recipe. All i saw was insults wey just spoil my appetite. I need to eat eko with peppersoup before weekend.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
ogorwyne:
Thyme for pepper soup?
What happened to otaiko, beletete, rogoje etc?

My favorite pepper soup ingredients. The nice smell from this spices alone dey give me joy.

These are d ingredients I know they use for peppersoup powder. The op didnt even mention any. And who adds thyme to peppersoup. Dt will just spoil the taste. Well to each his own.

Seafood peppersoup is by far my favourite though, with chopped snails. Heaven. kiss
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Litmus: 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
After revealing all here,you ll soon see our pepper soup reappear in some US or European hosted Foods Expo or Television show as Ghanaian pepper soup. Look, I'm not picking on that Nation it's just that they keep doing things of this sort and it is frankly annoying.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Augustap(f): 9:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
WhiteSoup:
I does not knows why people are can't do without Igbo dishes that came from the core of the east. undecided

You should be proud of the pant of the country you came from and your dishes that orijin from there.

Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by WhiteSoup: 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
Augustap:

I yam not understanding undecided
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Augustap(f): 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
WhiteSoup:

I yam not understanding undecided
You will STEW understand.... No be only yam
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by WhiteSoup: 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Augustap:

You will STEW understand.... No be only yam

Pls are you a half cast? What pant of the country are you from? Stop mentioning me or the battle life will be draw on the two both of us undecided
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by aariwa(m): 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2017
eneubane1:
Nigerian Pepper Soup is a spicy soup made with assorted meat, fish, poultry or bush meat and some hot local spices which gives it a strong and delicious aroma.

Pepper Soup is mostly sold in drinking joints, restaurants and eateries in Nigeria. It is usually named based on the type of meat used in making the soup.

Ingredients
• 500g Assorted Cow Meat (tripe, heart, liver&muscle)...cut into small pieces
• 2 tablespoonful pepper soup spice mix or roasted Calabash Nutmeg a.k.a Ehu /Ehuru/Ariwo after peeling off the roasted skin.
• Habanero/Chilli Pepper (to taste)
• 2 teaspoonful Dry Uziza/basil leaves (optional)
• 1 tablespoonful of ground Crayfish
• 2 Stock cubes/stock powder
• 1 teaspoon thyme (optional)
• 1 medium Onion bulb (chopped)
• Salt - to taste
• Water (as needed)
in the absence of these spices, you can make use of only

Cooking Directions
• First, clean and cook the toughest meat first; which is usually the cow foot and tripe (shaki). Add salt and thyme, pour enough water to cover the meat and leave to cook for 35 minutes on medium heat.

• After 35 minutes, stir and add the cow heart. Cook for 10 minutes and then add the muscle (fuku) and the liver. Stir well and add more water to cover the meat. Add the chopped onions and stock cubes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.

• Next, add the ground pepper, ground crayfish, uziza/basil leaves, the ground pepper soup spices, mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes or until the assorted meat are well cooked.

• You just made a sizzling hot pot of Nigerian pepper soup. Serve hot and enjoy. Pepper Soup can be served alone as a side dish with palm wine or any chilled drink of your choice.

• It can also be eaten as a meal, with Eko (agidi), Agidi jollof, boiled yams, boiled potatoes, boiled white rice and boiled plantains.

Source: http://www.versatileblog.com.ng/2017/09/pepper-soup-nigerian-recipe.html

Tell me what recipe you want to see and I will post it in my next topic.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by eneubane1(f): 9:07am On Sep 29, 2017
This is what is referred to as muscle (its a proper meat)

dustydee:

i do not reside in Nigeria. Can you describe it? Muscle sounds like steak or proper meat to me but I doubt that's what is being referred to.

Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by dustydee: 9:25am On Sep 29, 2017
eneubane1:
This is what is referred to as muscle (its a proper meat)

Thank you.
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by igbeke: 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
WhiteSoup:
I does not knows why people are can't do without Igbo dishes that came from the core of the east. undecided

You should be proud of the pant of the country you came from and your dishes that orijin from there.

Chai!
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by teacherbim(f): 1:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
userplainly:
Just Say Igbo pepper soup cos the ingredients are not same with the ones we south south ( URHOBO/ISOKO/ISEKIRI) makes.........WHERE IS UR "ATYKO? ROGOJE, WHERE IS THE ORIERE? .......our pepper soup is by FARRRRR the best in the country!
My inlaw,pls I need your contact,I'm Urhobo wife but need to learn how to cook Delta pepper soup.Tnks
Re: The Best Nigerian Pepper Soup Recipe by Sleekfingers: 4:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
WhiteSoup:

this your english na igbo invented english o......i wonder how u go dey communicated with people in english......you should pls try and locate all your english teachers from primary and secondary school.....and behead them immediately

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

African Civet, Grass Cutter: The Bush Animals God Of The Forest Blessed Us With / Firearm's Kitchen / Name One Thing You Don't Eat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.