Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,948 members, 7,835,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall (2240 Views)

INEC Withdraws Peter Nwaoboshi's Certificate Of Return / Police File Charge Against Melaye, To Present Eight Witnesses / Court Rules On Ipob’s Motion Against Proscription Jan 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by olajay86(m): 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
http://www.titopeblog.com/2017/09/breaking-inec-withdraws-motion-against.html

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has withdrawn its motion seeking an order of the Federal High Court in Abuja allowing it to serve the recall petition on the Senator representing Kogi West in the National Assembly, Dino Melaye.

Justice Nnamdi Dimgba struck out the motion after INEC’s lawyer, Yunus Ustaz (SAN), announced its withdrawal in court on Thursday.

The judge also directed that all issues pertaining to the case should thereafter be taken to the Court of Appeal.

He noted that since Melaye’s appeal against the court’s September 11 judgment had been entered at the Court of Appeal, all pending applications, including the ones filed by Melaye for stay of execution of the verdict, should be taken to the Court of Appeal.

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Bayajidda1: 2:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
shocked
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Hashimyussufamao(m): 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
I've gotten much attention 4diz man back then in 2015 when he bought himself a bicycle and start riding around abuja, he was interviewed and said "as a senator i can no longer afford to fuel my vehicle because of the hike in price of petrol" #I so much love him 4always being active in the house and that funny man ibn_na'llah
*tho, melaye too has his own negative side, but perfection belongs to God!

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Bayajidda1: 2:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Dino?
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Bayajidda1: 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
a

FRC has just eluded you bro........ sorry.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Celcius: 2:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
It was DOA.
INEC has saved themselves the embarrassment.

IkpuMmiri, linearity, adem30 come and read.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by lomprico(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
B4?

Una think say e go fly?

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Hashimyussufamao(m): 2:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bayajidda1:
FRC has just eluded you bro........ sorry.
*i booked space then, buh i dun modify tongue
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
Exploiting the loopholes of our justice system; this how he will frustrate the process through delay tactics at the courts of appeal until he completes his full term; forget getting justice in Nigeria if you have no money or influence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Bayajidda1: 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

*i booked space then, buh i dun modify tongue

Forget, e no matter.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Hashimyussufamao(m): 2:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bayajidda1:
Forget, e no matter.
*sleep well bro
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Bayajidda1: 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:

*sleep well bro

*Relax, you no know whether e go even enter promised land*
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Hashimyussufamao(m): 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
Bayajidda1:
*Relax, you no know whether e go even enter promised land*
*smiles, promised land
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by LesbianBoy(m): 3:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
Tinubu will not like this grin grin grin cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by SaintMorris: 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
sad
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by LesbianBoy(m): 3:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
SaintMorris:
sad

E pain am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by SaintMorris: 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
LesbianBoy:

E pain am grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Ode ni e

How e go pain me when na inec lawyer withdraw the case cos he doesn't want to waste his time when the real fight is at court of appeal?

Abi this one no get brain to reason ni?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by linearity: 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Celcius:
It was DOA.
INEC has saved themselves the embarrassment.

IkpuMmiri, linearity, adem30 come and read.

This is why Education should be made compulsory before one can be allowed to comment on a public forum, especially that element of English Education call Reading Comprehension.

INEC didn't not withdraw the motion to recall Dino, looking at it fundamentally, INEC does have to file any motion asking any court to recall Dino, it is their constitutional enshrined duties and responsibilities, once they receive a valid petition that meets the constitutional set criterias.

Secondly, the above said motion, was a motion to serve Dino the petition via alternate means since Dino has been evading service.

Thirdly, this motion is mute as INEC have already served Dino in his office with pictures and public statements with journalists attesting to that. So it was unnecessary to continue pursuing a mute matter in court and only right they withdraw it.

The truth is, I have no sacred cow in this process. So don't care if Dino is recalled or otherwise. It will not add one iota of benefit to my person. I just love the political and democratic process and it shows that, as a country we are maturing and following peace due process of the law to settle our differences. Internally, I want the recall process to succeed as it will put current and future elective office holders in Nigeria on notice and will reignite and reawaken local constituent voters to their role and the fact that politicians actually work for them and they have the power to sack any non performing one.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by SalamRushdie: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
Only stubborn goats couldn't see it was Dead on Arrival from the onset and all parties just kept cheering the daft Kogi state govt on so they can all make some free money before daylight breaks . it was a very shallow exercise that was bound to embarrass the INEC but even they have outsmarted Gov Bello and made free money

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by wakaman: 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
linearity:

This is why Education should be made compulsory before one can be allowed to comment on a public forum, especially that element of English Education call Reading Comprehension.

INEC didn't not withdraw the motion to recall Dino, looking at it fundamentally, INEC does have to file any motion asking any court to recall Dino, it is their constitutional enshrined duties and responsibilities, once they receive a valid petition that meets the constitutional set criterias.

Secondly, the above said motion, was a motion to serve Dino the petition via alternate means since Dino has been evading service.

Thirdly, this motion is mute as INEC have already served Dino in his office with pictures and public statements with journalists attesting to that. So it was unnecessary to continue pursuing a mute matter in court and only right they withdraw it.

The truth is, I have no sacred cow in this process. So don't care if Dino is recalled or otherwise. It will not add one iota of benefit to my person. I just love the political and democratic process and it shows that, as a country we are maturing and following peace due process of the law to settle our differences. Internally, I want the recall process to succeed as it will put current and future elective office holders in Nigeria on notice and will reignite and reawaken local constituent voters to their role and the fact that politicians actually work for them and they have the power to sack any non performing one.

Tell them,
Tell them make dem hear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by GavelSlam: 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2017
linearity:

Succinct.

Honestly, you go school.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by Celcius: 5:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
Linearity.
No need to waste space on quote. The recall won't fly. Fmr. president Obj and top leaders in Nigeria have said it overtime that agencies like INEC, EFCC, etc need better lawyers and counsel. They can hardly match the lawyers politician hire.
Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by vedaxcool(m): 5:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
linearity:

Thank you for educating those unserious Igbos whose comprehension skills is very diminished.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: INEC Withdraws Motion Against Melaye’s Recall by SweetJoystick(m): 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
God save am

(1) (Reply)

The "Atiku Will Win In The North" Debate / Breaking News: A New Nnamdi Kanu Has Risen In Niger Delta And Winning Souls / I Still Support Atiku/obi But I Commend Buhari/osibanjo For Lagos Ibadan Railway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.