Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,656 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State (4629 Views)

2023 Presidency: No Zoning In APC — Orji Uzor Kalu / Group Decries Poor Road Infrastructure In Calabar Town And Other Areas (video) / Orji Uzor Kalu Serving Guests In A Meeting (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by Akachukwuroland: 3:38pm On Sep 28, 2017
Why are our people not talking?

Uzuakoli-Ozuitem road was awarded by NDDC/Presidency to a company belonging to an Abian: Slok Holdings.

Initially our people were misled into believing that the construction of that road was an act of philanthropy by a great Abian and even me joined in praising the philanthropist and almost made a post to publicly thank him.

I only delayed the post because I didn't have pictures to go with the post, at that time.

Fast forward to 4 weeks later when I used the same road again and had in mind to take pictures and acknowledge my able brother who was presumably contributing to the development of our state, even outside Government.

What I saw made me shed quiet tears.

The road has failed within 2 months and after asphalting the road they are now doing gutters. That is unusual in road construction.

And then I spotted NDDC and Presidency signboards at two different points along the road that confirmed that the road was actually awarded by the presidency/NDDC to our supposed philanthropist per excellence.

Chai.....

To add salt to injury, NDDC also awarded rehabilitation of the terribly bad Umuahia-Uzuakoli federal highway, that leads to my village and passes 4 Abia north LGAs, to same company.

You can use the smell of fart to know how shit will smell.

So I asked, what the hell is going on?

Can we at least be fair to our long suffering people and not play games with their welfare? If you ask NDDC/Presidency they will tell you that they have awarded billions of naira worth of contracts to fix Abia federal roads and they won't exactly be lying.

Except that they won't tell you they are awarding political contracts without consideration for capacity and history of doing good quality jobs. They want to fund APC chieftains for 2019 polls as against helping to develop our place so we can genuinely consider backing them.

At this rate, it will backfire and explode on their face biggly.

The same people who complain loudest at the national stage are hurting our people more, in so many ways. If you get contracts to work on our roads please do a good job and still keep your profit. We all want every Igbo and Abia son to make profits for himself and family.

Do a good quality job for the sake of our people.

That road won't last up to December 2017 as the traffic on it is currently heavy with those going to Igbere, Abiriba, Ozuitem, Bende, Ohafia, Nkporo etc using it as a preferred diversion away from the terrible and erosion threatened Umuahia-Ohafia federal road. And if we cry, like the Governor of Edo State recently did, the Federal govt will tell us that the contract was awarded to our own people.

Please help our people and still play your politics and make good money too. Posterity will then be kind to you and your generation.

For the public, if you see something wrong please shout. If a contractor employed by Abia State Government is doing a bad job, shout. We, the people, are actually the employers of those contractors and should monitor them. And when you shout, know that I won't abuse you or challenge you if you are saying the truth. At worse I will copy your post and send to the contractor so that he will see the shame he is bringing to us.

NDDC is messing up with roads in Abia State and they appear to be doing that deliberately. Bad.

Talk when you see something that is going wrong. But do so without malice and abusiveness. Personally, I turn off abusive and malicious people. No matter what they have to say.

K'anyi mere onwe anyi ebere bikonu.

Ogwulam na onu!

JOK (John Okiyi Kalu)

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by diasporaman(m): 3:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hmm
Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by LionDeLeo: 3:44pm On Sep 28, 2017
The same road already constructed by GEJ?

I'm not understanding.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by ProWalker: 3:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
One ipob terrorist will still find a way to lay the blame squarely on the FG and Buhari ....just watch them

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by Sunofgod(m): 3:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
Poor mix of materials.... poor compounding..... plus the sun.
Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by LionDeLeo: 3:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
ProWalker:
One ipob terrorist will still find a way to lay the blame squarely on the FG and Buhari ....just watch them
You already know them too well.

Ipob terrorists don't have working brains.

12 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by meezynetwork(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2017
Igbo politicians are the most selfish and dishonest entity in the world. But in general Igbos are good people with bad leaders

10 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by DrChukzy(m): 3:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
ProWalker:

LionDeLeo:
The same road already constructed by GEJ?

I'm not understanding.

Don't you guys have any other job?
You go upadan looking for whom to insult and attack like a nursery pupil. Smh

14 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by LionDeLeo: 4:00pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

Take this message to ipob terrorists, that is what they swim in.

15 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by DrChukzy(m): 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:
Take this message to ipob terrorists, that is what they swim in.
You can hit your head with a stone, that's your business.

5 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by LionDeLeo: 4:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

You can hit your head with a stone, that's your business.
The more reason you should leave me with my business and stop quoting me.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by DrChukzy(m): 4:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:
The more reason you should leave with my business and stop quoting me.
Why will I hold you? Keep trying to be noticed son.

3 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by LionDeLeo: 4:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

Grandpa, that's what I'm saying? Stop jumping in and out of my mention, allow me with my business.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by sunnyb0b0(m): 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
No wonder the idiot ran to APC. it was to protect his stomach.

2 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by kalufelix(m): 4:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Almost Two Years Now Wey Ah Neva Touch Village ...Its A Good Thing They Even Laid Asphalt And Are Constructing Gutters Afterall Na Sand Fill We Dey Fill Am Since. Nice One NDDC Half Bread They Say Is Better Than None. The Umuahia-Bende Road Right Up To The LG HQters Is Also In A Sorry State

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by DrChukzy(m): 4:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Grandpa, that's what I'm saying? Stop jumping in and out of my mention, allow me with my business.
An Elder like me can't and won't allow you to be use less for the society. You must be useful for once.

Stop insulting your elders.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by LionDeLeo: 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

An Elder like me can't and won't allow you to be use less for the society. You must be useful for once.

Stop insulting your elders.

Grandpa, call your children to order.

Ipob fools have constituted the worst nuisance not only in Nigeria, but even beyond.

Make yourself useful to your brothers first.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by DrChukzy(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Grandpa, call your children to order.

Ipob fools have constituted the worst nuisance not only in Nigeria, but even beyond.

Make yourself useful to your brothers first.
Ipob fools are known worldwide, who is even you or ur father?

7 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by LionDeLeo: 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

I and my father are not known, and were never made to swim inside the mud under strict guidance of koboko.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by DrChukzy(m): 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
LionDeLeo:

I and my father are not known, and were never made to swim inside the mud under strict guidance of koboko.
lol... are you trying to say you guys are nonentities or cowards?

5 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by Gotze1: 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
They will rather blame Yoruba for their backwardness and misfortunes. Oya, let the pigs Come and blame yorubas on this as usual.

5 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by LionDeLeo: 4:28pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

lol... are you trying to say you guys are nonentities or cowards?
Not at all.

We are just average Nigerians.

The nonentities and cowards are the 5% who keep beating empty chests threatening thunder and brimstones only to disappear into thin air at ordinary twerking of a reptile.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by Gotze1: 4:29pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

Shut up oga. Shame dey very expensive for your area? Oya, blame Yorubas for this now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by DrChukzy(m): 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
Gotze1:
Shut up oga. Shame dey very expensive for your area? Oya, blame Yorubas for this now.
Who is this miscreant? Don't you have a father? Common swerve.

Olodo like you think everyone is always hating on a poor jobless miscreant like u. Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by ifex370(m): 4:50pm On Sep 28, 2017
When Igbo people don't even like themselves...

Anybody wey shout Biafra no get sense

2 Likes

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by Nutase: 4:59pm On Sep 28, 2017
tongue
Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by SalamRushdie: 5:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
I wonder why any body will give road contract to an unserious company like Slok who see every situation as National cake time

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by Gotze1: 5:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

Who is this miscreant? Don't you have a father? Common swerve.

Olodo like you think everyone is always hating on a poor jobless miscreant like u. Mtcheeew
A father my ass. Look at words coming out of self acclaimed father. Oga ade, go and sleep. You need rest.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by aworatak: 5:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

I have noticed that those two goats you quoted are suffering from joblessness. Do you know what we can do to rehabilitate them

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Buhari Is the most corrupt Nigerian President ever!! Why should a man who claims to be incorruptible award road construction contracts to a company without track record just for political funding in 2019?

1 Like

Re: Photos: See The Poor Road Construction Orji Uzor Kalu Is Handling In Abia State by ProWalker: 5:37pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:

Busy body, will you keep quiet? attention seeker. angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“Tell Them That I’m Not Godswill Akpabio” – Fayose Fires EFCC, APC / Ghana Vs. Nigeria Railway Line Construction: The Costs Will Shock You! / JUST IN!!! Sefer Torah In Igboland: Eze Eri Receives Shiviti From Israel (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.