Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,954 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:30 AM

What If It Happens Tonight? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What If It Happens Tonight? (996 Views)

Your Thoughts About What Happens On Emmanuel Tv / What If It Happens Tonight? / Nigeria's Millionaire Preachers [Documentary] - To Be Shown Tonight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What If It Happens Tonight? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Mar 05, 2010
What if its happens tonight 1Theselonias 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.; 2Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. and when you wake up tomorrow morning you discover that we are all gone. What will you do? what will you say? where will you run to? who will hide you from the Almighty God that sees in the dark? What excuse will you give to God? Mt 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? If you say you are prepared, how prepared are you?  cry

[b]Matthew 25:
1 ¶ Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
2 And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
3 They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
4 But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
5 While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
6 And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
7 Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
8 And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
9 But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
10 And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
13 Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. [/b]

Jesus loves you and He gave his life for you. He does not want anyone to go to hell. He is ready to save and transform your life from your present evil state to a better one which will get you to heaven on the last day.

If you want to know him, follow this step:

1. Recognise, accept and confess that you are a sinner and hopelessly lost without God (Romans 3:12,23). That should not take long for you to accept. If you are sincere, you will realise that you have, on several occasions seen yourself in wrong moods, feelings, desires, motives, actions, etc. We have all been sinners. And between you and God you accept and confess yourself lost.

2. Accept and believe the good news that God sent Jesus Christ to take your place, die in your stead, and pay the full penalty for your own sins (Romans 5:cool. He also was buried, but He resurrected, and is alive forever to be your Advocate before God (1Corinthians 15:1-5; 1 John 2:1,2; Hebrews 7:25).

3. Now rely on God’s promises, not upon your own feelings or theories. Only sincerely confess your sins, promising God to live right and believe you are forgiven according to His Promise (John 3:16; Romans 3:25; Ephesians 2:8,9; 1 John 1:9).

4. Declare and realise that you are saved by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ and the gospel, and that you are forgiven by God and cleansed from all sins because you have met the conditions of God which are:
(a) proper faith
(b) confessions of sins
(c) repentance and acceptance of Jesus Christ.

What has happened to you now is known as conversion or salvation or the New-Birth experience grin. Your life will now be new. “If any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new” (2 Corinthians 5:17).

How to live the Christian life.

1. Believe the gospel and the entire Word of God at all times, and WALK IN THE LIGHT OF GOD’S WORD AS YOU RECEIVE IT John 1:7.

2. Walk by faith in newness of life not by feelings or what your sight or environments suggest to you; “THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH” Hebrews 10:38,23.

3. READ THE BIBLE DAILY. Meditate on it day and night to feed and nurture the spiritual life (Psalm 1:1-3; 119:105; 1 Peter 2:2).

4. PRAY TO GOD DAILY as your heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ. Cast all your cares upon Him, for He careth for you (John 16:23-26; Philippians 4:5,6; 1Peter 5:7).

5. Keep your mind stayed upon God (Isaiah 26:3). GROW IN GRACE DAILY (Philippians 4:8; 2 Peter 1:4-11).

6. Recognise at all times your own weakness as well as God’s strength and keeping power. FAITH IS THE VICTORY THAT OVERCOMES THE WORLD (1 Corinthians 10:12,13; 1Peter 1:5; 1John 5:1-4).

7. AVOID TEMPTATIONS AND SHUN EVIL COMPANIONS. RESIST SIN AND SATAN. [/b]Make friends with God’s people who understand and also have this same experience of conversion and endeavour to be a blessing to them and all others (Psalm 1; Proverbs 1:10-16; James 4:7; 1 Peter 5:8,9; Romans12; 1 Corinthians 13; Colossians 3:5- 10).

8. [b]JOIN THE FELLOWSHIP WITH THE PEOPLE OF GOD
so that you can be helped to grow in this new Spiritual life. Make sure you join a Church that can assist you to live a victorious, holy life, and make you best for God (Hebrews 10:25; Matthew 28:19,20; Hebrews 13:17,7; James 5:14).

9. CONFESS THE LORD JESUS CHRIST FREQUENTLY AND DAILY AS YOUR PERSONAL SAVIOUR. Matthew 10:32.
Be busy at winning souls to Christ as you have been won to Christ. Be occupied in “turning many to righteousness” at every opportunity, wherever you are (Proverbs 11:30; Daniel 12:3; Mark 16:15).

If you have any question, contact James on 07066789650
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by greatDS: 4:51pm On Mar 05, 2010
thanks evang./ olu [you just touched my spirit and i need your prayers, i am dr samuel steve and a christian and i am impressed by your message i have always wanted to do what you just done but i dont know how to post a topic in this site so you could help me out inorder to cheer the gospel like you do thanks.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by jagunlabi(m): 5:14pm On Mar 05, 2010
If "it" happens tonight and we are all gone, then it wouldn't matter a bit anymore now, would it?As it never mattered when we were not here in the past, so will it not matter when we are no longer here.The evangelist is still playing the same old and stale fear card.Goodluck with your catch.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Dolemite(f): 5:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
Lol, Christianity and the fear agenda grin if you seriously look at this rapture thing, you'll see how ridiculous it is.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Nimshi: 1:49am On Mar 06, 2010
Completely, utterly ridiculous.

It ain't happening in your lifetime dude.

So, relax and enjoy the ride.

This ride 's the only one you'll ever get.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Madukaele(m): 8:54am On Mar 06, 2010
@poster trust me it will not happen this nite.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Nimshi: 10:40am On Mar 06, 2010
Madukaele:

Yeah.

Nor the next.

Nor the next.

Nor the next

Ad infinitum.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Kay17: 12:26pm On Mar 06, 2010
fear draws people to Christianity rather than the love of God.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by pinkylady1(f): 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2010
Madukaele:

how sure are you about that?

and come oh, i dont understand you at all. you open threads about abstinence from sexual immorality

and you are here saying something else. undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Mar 06, 2010
@great D.S its a right step you've taken. God is very much interested in you. His grace is very much sufficient to carry you till the end of time. I'll be praying for you.

You can reach me on 08065991474 or raylight4lyf63@gmail.com . God bless
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by thehomer: 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2010
Madukaele:

Nimshi:

Yeah.

Nor the next.

Nor the next.

Nor the next

Ad infinitum.

Damn right.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Akwasi(m): 10:27pm On Mar 06, 2010
Certainly we must always be prepared for the KING of kings. Thank you very much evangelist. To those of you who thinks its not happening anytime soon, listen to the news and read Jesus's prophesy about the last day's in matt. 24:3-8 and you will realised that HE talked about all the things happening in the news. If you read further, you will realised these are the end times. Its crucial, brothers and sisters in Christ, its crucial
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Madukaele(m): 2:03pm On Mar 07, 2010
pinky lady:

how sure are you about that?

and come oh, i dont understand you at all. you open threads about abstinence from sexual immorality

and you are here saying something else. undecided lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
it cant happen orless all the professes is complete, we should fear death more at this time than the coming of our lord Jesus. dont u think so undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by ilosiwaju: 2:56pm On Mar 08, 2010
safe journey.
grin
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by pinkylady1(f): 2:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
Madukaele:

it cant happen orless all the professes is complete, we should fear death more at this time than the coming of our lord Jesus. dont u think so undecided undecided undecided undecided

and where did you get that from? shocked shocked shocked
as christains our main priority is to fear God by doing his will not death
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Mar 26, 2010
Have you read this before?
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by benodic: 1:54am On Mar 27, 2010
when i was a christian i used to shake with fear any time i read messages like the one on this post. i was afraid i will be found wanting and be sent straight to hell. i used to imagine Jesus and his angels appearing in the sky and the whole world will see him all at once. then i went to secondary school and discovered geography in which i learnt that the world was round. when it is morning in Nigeria it is night in japan. then i started wondering if the world is round and Jesus appears in the sky over Nigeria, definitely those in Russia will not see him. that was the beginning of my quest for truth and now i can happily announce to all who wants to hear that no body should be afraid of the so called last day or day of rapture which even the Christians do not understand. rapture is a very personal inner spiritual experience that is taking place even as i am typing now. that is why the bible said that 2 people will be together and one will be raptured without the other knowing. rapture is the awakening of soul to the presence of God within it and it is not an event that will occur only when the world ends. so guys go out there and have fun but do it responsibly without hurting anyone
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Mar 27, 2010
when i was a christian i used to shake with fear any time i read messages like the one on this post. i was afraid i will be found wanting and be sent straight to hell. i used to imagine Jesus and his angels appearing in the sky and the whole world will see him all at once. then i went to secondary school and discovered geography in which i learnt that the world was round. when it is morning in Nigeria it is night in japan. then i started wondering if the world is round and Jesus appears in the sky over Nigeria, definitely those in Russia will not see him. that was the beginning of my quest for truth and now i can happily announce to all who wants to hear that no body should be afraid of the so called last day or day of rapture which even the Christians do not understand. rapture is a very personal inner spiritual experience that is taking place even as i am typing now. that is why the bible said that 2 people will be together and one will be raptured without the other knowing. rapture is the awakening of soul to the presence of God within it and it is not an event that will occur only when the world ends. so guys go out there and have fun but do it responsibly without hurting anyone

My brother the way you see things that's not what they really are. If you don't want to make heaven let those that want to make it alone. When Jesus said in John 14: 2 "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you." 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be" Are you now trying to say that Jesus told a lie? The fact that is coming is delayed does not mean that he isn't going to come again. I want you to please come back to him because he is coming again though he tarries he is definitely coming back I have no doubt about that. "I am prepared and if Jesus comes now, I (Olu) I'm going with him." Remember Only one life will soon be gone either by death or by rapture and if it be by death, where will you be? will you be with the devil and his angels or reign with Christ for every and if it be by rapture when others are gone and you remaining with other sinners then your eyes will be opened then all the messages you've ever heard, and the books you've ever read on holiness and righteousness, Christ's Second coming and infact this my message you are reading now you will start to remember them one after another.

I want to see Jesus, I want to see God, I want to see Father Abraham, Lazarus, Paul and the Disciples of Jesus I want to ask them how they overcame. I want to hear testimonies.

Who do you think will have the time to discuss with you in hell. Hell is not a place to be. My brother you are to handsome to be in hell, Jesus loves you so much and He will still accept you no matter how far you must have gone. Geography has nothing to do with Christ's second coming the devil only used that to get you down and let me tell you when they succeeded in getting you down, there was jubilation in the kingdom of the devil but there was tears in the eyes of Jesus and the angels. Come home! Come home!! Come home!!!.

Jesus said in 1John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Call upon him now and he will set you free from the bondage sin.

If this message has transformed your life, kindly send your email address to 08065991474 for a Weekly Bible Study Message.

God bless.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Kay17: 1:38pm On Mar 28, 2010
almost all religions and cultures have their own apocalyptic story. the Mayans strongly believed that as creations from BREAD, would eventually be destroyed after a cycle of 5000 yrs. Muslims have theirs. Christians are no different.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by benodic: 9:30pm On Mar 28, 2010
my dear evang. olu. i had the greatest laugh of my life reading your preaching. i can not remember when last i have been preached at. people like you can never understand people like me. i have gone beyond the scriptures to the land of experiences and knowingness. no more speculations. the heaven you are talking about, i have been there. and of course my dear there are many heavens. that is why st paul mention the 3rd heaven in the letter to Corinthians. the message given by Jesus in which he said in my fathers house there are many mansions refers exactly to this many planes and heavens in the universe of God. the heaven you will go to is dependent on your state of consciousness. so my dear why don't you try this very simple spiritual exercise. do your prayers the way you usually do at night then ask your master, Jesus Christ to please show you the truth about heaven. ask with an open mind and watch out for you experience. when you are ready the truth will find you.
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by emmyjp: 10:13pm On Mar 28, 2010
behold he cometh !
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 28, 2010
Have you read this before?
Re: What If It Happens Tonight? by Raylight2(m): 11:01am On Jul 16, 2010
@poster you're right

(1) (Reply)

Fellowship Of The God's Kind - Pastor Chris / How To Forgive And Forget For Good. / With Recent Happening: Do God Really Exist Anymore In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.