Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,130 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism (8745 Views)

Southern Kaduna People Back Restructuring, Demand Own State / Premiumtimes:- Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism / APC Governors Back True Federalism, Restructuring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Blue3k(m): 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2017
Officials of states in the North-central zone of Nigeria on Thursday said they would support the restructuring of Nigeria if it would deliver a true federal system for the country.

A clamour for restructuring particularly resonating in the southern part of Nigeria had forced the ruling All Progressives Congress to set up a committee to advise it on the hot political topic.

At the North-central zonal consultative forum organised by the APC committee in Jos on Thursday, Governor Tanko Al-Makura of Nasarawa State said his people would oppose any restructuring that would draw back Nigeria’s development.

“Restructuring means different things to different people,” he said in a preface to his remarks.

“Some people are thinking restructuring is creation of local governments and states. If that is what it means, I don’t support it.”

However, he said he would endorse the process if the intention is to strengthen Nigeria’s federal system.

“Restructuring should be true federalism where our people will gain the value of democracy. If that is what it means, I am in support.”

On local government autonomy, Governor Al-Makura suggested that Nigeria should return to native authorities, the third tier of government in the defunct Northern Region of Nigeria.

Expressing the position of Plateau State, the representative of the state government at the forum, John Wade, said the state was in full support of restructuring of Nigeria.

According to Mr. Wade, the potential gains from restructuring Nigeria are enormous, stressing that the exercise would address issues hampering the development of the country.

The APC legal Adviser, Omale Omale, who represented Benue State, said restructuring was necessary and offers hope for national development.

Mr. Omale said the process should deliver devolution of power and land reform.

The Vice President of the APC for the North-central zone, Idris Zakare, said the public hearing was organized by the party towards achieving good governance in Nigeria.

The event was attended by several traditional rulers, opinion leaders, APC stalwarts and civil society groups from Plateau, Benue and Nasarawa states.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/244520-nasarawa-plateau-back-restructuring-want-true-federalism.html

2 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Blue3k(m): 11:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
As anyone with eyes can see there's no "one north" position on this issue. The most interesting position came from Mr Omale on land reform and devolution of powers. The only question is what is his plan for both.

Which power should be moved to concurrent list? How do you want land act to be reformed. These are all important questions or else you'll look crazy like republicans in Trump administration with health care reform. They can't pass bill because they don't have policy in mind. If anyone wants restructuring it's possible by reaching across isle.

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by deedeedee1: 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2017
Ema tanra yin. Nigeria can never be restructured! Those asking for restructuring are just deceiving themselves. It will be easier to split Nigeria than to restructure it.
Quote me in 2037 when you have finished restructuring the country.
Lols!

15 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Desyner: 11:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
Nice one. Just as expected of 2 middlebelt states. I hope plateau, kaduna and co follow suite.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Paperwhite(m): 12:10am On Sep 29, 2017
Nice one my people.Hausa-Fulani have rode us for a long time.Enough of the slavery.Lets liberate ourselves from this yoke.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Blue3k(m): 1:40am On Sep 29, 2017
Paperwhite:
Nice one my people. Hausa-Fulani have rode us for a long time. Enough of the slavery. Lets liberate ourselves from this yoke.

Lol you're still following their lead it seems. Some Northwest states beat you to announcement. They have different agenda in terms of policy goals.

Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara States, on Monday agreed to support devolution of powers in the country, saying the federal government should transfer some aspects of health, transport, fire service among others to the states while it focuses on defence, foreign affairs, security and currency.
Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Drsheddy(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2017
There is no such thing called HARD WORK in the kingdom of God. but there is such a thing called the GRACE OF GOD that enables the believers in Christ jesus to access the blessings of God and simply receive his overflowing goodness towards you and manifest the abundantly life we have been called to live.
Good morning..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by cockcrowatdawn(m): 10:55am On Sep 29, 2017
Anyone who is against holistic restructuring is the real terrorist in Nigeria today.

Restructuring based on what the people want is a true reflection of democracy and not what buhari or apc wants. the people first

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Phonefanatic: 10:55am On Sep 29, 2017
grin grin grin let the whole states vote
Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 29, 2017
good thing. #thumb up
Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Benekruku(m): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2017

Say No to true federalism

Some states will end up being bought and acquired by individuals

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by NigerDeltan(m): 10:57am On Sep 29, 2017
The whole of south garnished with some particles of middle belt would do a restructuring grin

3 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Naziridamos: 10:58am On Sep 29, 2017
The zoo must fall

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 29, 2017

14 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by magoo10(m): 11:00am On Sep 29, 2017
The days are getting interesting .

Who says Nnamdi kanus name will not be written in gold in the history of Nigeria should have his head examined ,he has made the call for restructuring the only option to keep Nigeria .

Nnamdi kanu in one of his prophetic words earlier on said that a time will come when they will call the igbos terrorist just to dampen their spirits but it will not ,rather it will strengthen the resolve.

It is Obvious to the deaf and dumb that the status quo cannot continue.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Nukilia: 11:03am On Sep 29, 2017
The APC government campaigned vigorously while convincing Nigerians that they will make sure they restructure the system and blah blah blah. They rode on the goodwill of the masses, achieved the much coveted and now pretend as if the word restructuring is an alien word.
Its high time we start demanding accountability from our leaders who are bandits.

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by DckPssy(f): 11:08am On Sep 29, 2017
North people are coming again
Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by mamaafrik(m): 11:09am On Sep 29, 2017
Let the noise be hooted home,at the farmsted and at the stream that the northwest and northeast are the ones drawing us back from progressing,Lagos media should drum the Bandiri louder..........RESTRUCTURETHIS COUNTRY!!
Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Blue3k(m): 11:10am On Sep 29, 2017
NigerDeltan:
The whole of south garnished with some particles of middle belt would do a restructuring grin

All south states North central and North west make 23/36. Which isn't bad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by breakeven: 11:12am On Sep 29, 2017
Let us just forget this restructuring already. It can never work as long as the Hausa Fulani don't support it. They are averse to change of the status quo in Nigeria. I was surprised that some mugus in Nigeria believed in the APC change.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 29, 2017
It's only Fulani and Hausa states that will reject true fereralism because they are parasites.

5 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by GEJman: 11:14am On Sep 29, 2017
NNAMDI KANU THE HERO

Paperwhite:
Nice one my people.Hausa-Fulani have rode us for a long time.Enough of the slavery.Lets liberate ourselves from this yoke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Unitedsurgicals: 11:22am On Sep 29, 2017
They should do what is best for the interest of all Nigerians.
Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by vaca1: 11:24am On Sep 29, 2017
breakeven:
Let us just forget this restructuring already. It can never work as long as the Hausa Fulani don't support it. They are averse to change of the status quo in Nigeria. I was surprised that some mugus in Nigeria believed in the APC change.
forget what!!!. Who da fvck is da fulanis mtcheww. Restructuring or they should cease to exist.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by MTKbudapest(m): 11:24am On Sep 29, 2017
Buhari is sweating right now.
The heat is on thanks to Mazi Kanu.
Restructure or disintegrate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by cryptohaven: 11:25am On Sep 29, 2017
Check my signature/profile
Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by Kingspin(m): 11:27am On Sep 29, 2017
Anybody who love this nation should support for its reform

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by obailala(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2017
I always said it to all who cared to listen, contrary to the widespread half-baked analysis/conclusion that the NORTH is the reason Nigeria cannot be restructured, I have always been of the opinion that the foolishness of the southern zones in their inability to UNITE and call for restructuring with a SINGLE voice is the truest reason Nigeria has not been restructured since 1970.

A lot of people in their half-baked analysis claim the north has a large population in the NASS. But while that may be true, the biggest error in that analysis is the frequent habit of lumping the entire middle-beltan states as one entity with the north

A fact is that the middle belt-states are sick and tired of the domination of the Hausa-Fulani empire and would be willing to sing a different voice ONLY IF they can find reasonably formidable allies down south; I do not see how a Benue man is more more closely related to the Hausas than the south.

The day the southern big tribes put their silly political cat and mouse games aside and call for restructuring with a single voice, that is the day Nigerians would know the true position of the middle-belt, and that is when we shall truly know how powerful or powerless the core north is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by obailala(m): 11:44am On Sep 29, 2017
MTKbudapest:
Buhari is sweating right now.

The heat is on thanks to Mazi Kanu.

Restructure or disintegrate.
No sitting president would want to engage in any act that would limit his powers. That explains why even all the loudest chanters of restructuring and outright national disintegration today were all DUMB and happy when PDP was still in power; they all found their voices and their senses after they lost connection to the largese from Aso Rock.

Something you should note also is that any form of restructuring that would take place noe would probably commence AFTER Buhari has left power. So take note, this isn't about Buhari, it's avout Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by NigerDeltan(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2017
Blue3k:

All south states North central and North west make 23/36. Which isn't bad.

My brother I, myself and me need this restructuring pass any other person

Currently my state can generate up to 161megawatt of electricity but is still in darkness because of one useless National Grid law

4 Likes

Re: Nasarawa, Plateau Back Restructuring; Want True Federalism by lomprico(m): 11:49am On Sep 29, 2017
Drsheddy:
There is no such thing called HARD WORK in the kingdom of God. but there is such a thing called the GRACE OF GOD that enables the believers in Christ jesus to access the blessings of God and simply receive his overflowing goodness towards you and manifest the abundantly life we have been called to live.
Good morning..

Stop promoting laziness!! angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labour Cancels Planned Strike In Ondo As Governor Pays Six-month Arrears. / N2.2bilion Properties: CSO Asks EFCC To Probe Osun Ex-attorney-general / Aso Rock In Chaos As BUHARI Takes Off His Cap(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.