Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo (17736 Views)

Southern Leaders Reject Onnoghen's Suspension, Say Buhari Has Committed Coup / Nigeria Needs A President Who Understands Economy – Obasanjo / FFK: Buhari Has A Beautiful Wife, Aisha Buhari, The Only Good Thing About... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by aminulive: 8:04am On Sep 29, 2017
Former president of the federal republic of Nigeria, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has stated that president Muhammadu Buhari has not done enough to tackle Unemployment and the economic recession.

Obasanjo speaking with African arguments in a recent interview said: "Buhari has made some announcements. He has tried to keep on going in the area of agribusiness, but not enough. It is not yet enough to prepare the ground for the uninhibited growth of the economy, which we need".

OBJ also pointed out that in the political structure of the country, governors were more powerful than the president. He said; ‘In fact, state governors are more powerful than the president.That’s the truth’ 

The former leader also urged the president to do more in the area of youth empowerment. In his words; "All youth in Nigeria have legitimate reasons to feel frustrated and angry," adding that if "youth empowerment, skill acquisition and youth employment – education is provided the ticking bomb of possible youth explosion out of restiveness and anger will subside."

When asked about the Biafra agitations, OBJ said; "The protesters don’t even know what the struggle is all about, but if it gives them false hope, why not hang onto it?” “Let the elders handle it or ignore it until it loses momentum,” “There are elders in any community who are still respected…After all, they’re their fathers and mothers, grandfathers and grandmothers, and can still be used effectively."

He also revealed that he was not a believer of True Federalism;

"I don’t believe in true federalism. What is true federalism? “Why are they not accountable? What powers do they not have? In fact, state governors are more powerful than the president. That’s the truth,” ‘If anybody tells you they want devolution or true federalism, he doesn’t know what he is talking about. “The fact anybody talks about it doesn’t mean it’s right," he said.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/09/29/buhari-not-done-enough-economy-obasanjo/

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by NigerDeltan(m): 8:10am On Sep 29, 2017

"I don’t believe in true federalism. What is true federalism? “Why are they not accountable? What powers do they not have? In fact, state governors are more powerful than the president. That’s the truth,” ‘If anybody tells you they want devolution or true federalism, he doesn’t know what he is talking about. “The fact anybody talks about it doesn’t mean it’s right," he said.

Lol....Anything that is against Atiku is good for OBJ

We copy everything from America system but anything that brings progress, stability and growth we refused to copy from them. Obasanjo does not know that injustice breeds crisis and instability, to him everything is politics.

if OBJ and his gang of thieves never go meet baba God, we no go get peace for obodo naija

We get better president in Goodluck Jonathan he did everything to frustrate the gentle man

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by paiz: 8:11am On Sep 29, 2017
Obasanjo means he has done enough damage

He doesnt even know how to put it

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by Eastfield1: 8:11am On Sep 29, 2017
even the blind can see

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by donlucabrazi(m): 8:14am On Sep 29, 2017
Deride Obasanjo all you want, he remains one of our best Presidents till date...The man is full of wisdom and was very proactive when he was in office...

Buhari on the other hand has demystified himself. Prior to ascending the throne he was held in awe by most Nigerians who have come to the painful realisation that the man is just another retired Aboki soldier and a regular politician without the magic wand they had envisaged...

This Administration will go down in history as the most clueless of all times.

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by nero2face: 8:14am On Sep 29, 2017
Is it only economy and unemployment?, am yet to see a single area Buhari has done well, the so called fight against corruption is targeted at the oppositions, Buhari don't have a single plan for the country

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by auntysimbiat(f): 8:18am On Sep 29, 2017
na xo
Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by ismail4sure: 8:19am On Sep 29, 2017
my space pls
Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by emmasege: 8:20am On Sep 29, 2017
On the contrary, he's done enough by taking the largest economy in Africa to a needless and prolonged economic recession.

The best of Buhari is still a mediocre and only mediocres will expect an above-average performance from him (Bubu).

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by SalamRushdie: 8:21am On Sep 29, 2017
GBAM!!! Enough is an understatement, he hasn't don't anything for the economy

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by Lipscomb(m): 8:29am On Sep 29, 2017
He always against the devolution of power just because he don't want to witness the collapse of federal system of government everyone crying for devolution of power yet he against it just because of national cake .

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by emmasege: 8:30am On Sep 29, 2017
donlucabrazi:

This Administration will go down in history as the most clueless of all times.
And the worst ever in the history of our nation. I had thought Abacha was the worst nightmare of my lifetime until another bloodthirsty and dullard emerged from that region.

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by udemejack(m): 8:30am On Sep 29, 2017
He has not done enough an so?........
We should evict him?
Oga OBJ please dont try to act as a saint here because if the present admin fails or succeed,you'll always be referenced as being one of the elite who advocated for the installation of this govt.
So stop crying over a spilt milk

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by Moreoffaith(m): 8:34am On Sep 29, 2017
Person wey no know something go fit do am??

Buhari economic team has not done enough to tackle unemployment and economic recession.

Abeg doctor dey repair car??

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by ZombieTAMER: 8:34am On Sep 29, 2017
To be fair to buhari

What does he know about the economy
He is a certified dullard when it comes to governance
The man is a soilder in agbada

We should blame all the zombies who voted for him to wreck this nation....

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by tuniski: 8:47am On Sep 29, 2017
NigerDeltan:

Lol....Anything that is against Atiku is good for OBJ

if OBJ and his gang of thieves never go meet baba God, we no go get peace for obodo naija

We get better president in Goodluck Jonathan he did everything to frustrate the gentle man

Spot on! OBJ is simply being anti Atiku and pro military style leadership status quo!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by aolawale025: 8:47am On Sep 29, 2017
The economy and even the government for that matter seems to be on auto-run
Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by Nemesis1: 9:13am On Sep 29, 2017
Twisters and Turners

Obasanjo explained there's more to be done, not Buhari didn't do enough
Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by Nbote(m): 9:15am On Sep 29, 2017
Make una no let The Patriot hear una ooo. He along with his fellow resident zombies em Patriots are d only ones who think otherwise despite glaring and undeniable evidences

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by izombie(m): 9:37am On Sep 29, 2017
A carpenter came to me the other day and said, i am a carpenter but if you hire me i can repair your fridge. After several warnings from people around that there is no way a carpenter can repair a fridge, i didn't listen. I hired the carpenter to repair my fridge and guess what, he burnt the fridge and my house down in the process of repairing the fridge. What am i saying here?
My point is that i do not blame buhari anymore for burning nigeria down. I blame the zombies that voted him believing that he's a carpenter that can repair a fridge.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by tolufase: 9:41am On Sep 29, 2017
What has he done in the first place not to talk of done enough?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by AkProsper(m): 10:12am On Sep 29, 2017
noted.
Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by Xb4Real: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2017
Na now you know?
I wonder why people even voted that brainless dullard in. They should have read history to understand that he has absolutely nothing to offer to the Zoo.
But who cares? Everything is turning around to the favour of UMU CHINEKE.
We must go

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by DrChukzy(m): 10:45am On Sep 29, 2017
What do you expect from a dullard?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by cryptohaven: 11:36am On Sep 29, 2017
Well, check my signature/profile, you will thank me later.
Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by EFGH: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2017
Baba Iyabo is always trying to be relevant. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by Atro(m): 11:45am On Sep 29, 2017
E-commerce website for sale
Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by BiggyBamBam: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2017
Obasanjo, the letter writer. He will soon start writing letters to Buhari and publishing it in the Newspapers.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by OluwasureGig: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
GBAM!!! Enough is an understatement, he hasn't don't anything for the economy
Overstatement not understatement

1 Like

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by nototribalist: 11:47am On Sep 29, 2017
Buhari will be arrested for putting Nigeria in recession again. Endangered life's and property

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by yang(m): 11:47am On Sep 29, 2017
The Nigerian govt is a state sponsor of terror killing innocent people for the crime of demanding a referendum

The Nigerian govt is currently committing genocide in Biafra

What is the difference between the Slave traders, the colonialists and the zoo called Nigeria

If the colonial  govt accepted independence to nigeria, why does the nigerian govt kill people for demanding independence referendum?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Has Not Done Enough For The Economy - Obasanjo by Penalty82(m): 11:48am On Sep 29, 2017
Lol, OBJ himself. You can't stop him from saying his mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osun Election: A Physically Challenged Man Casting His Vote (Photo) / Buhari To Visit Lagos Tomorrow, Wednesday, April 24, 2019 / US Chamber Of Commerce Invites Tinubu To Ring NASDAQ Closing Bell Sept 20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.