Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus (613 Views)

Apple To Launch 3 Cheaper, Mid-range Smartphones / Vivo Beats Samsung & Apple To Introduce On-screen Fingerprint Scanning / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by CodecJay(m): 2:55am On Sep 30, 2017
The new Apple iPhone 8 Plus is the most talked about phone in the smartphone market right now.

While Apple customers are still trying to decide whether to buy the iPhone 8/8 plus now or wait until November 3rd for the sales of iPhone X to start, It might interest you to know what it actually cost Apple to put together one single unit of the device and then; don’t get shocked when you compare it to how much it’s been sold right now.

IHS Markit, a world-class analytic company after their annual teardown on iPhone production cost stated that the Bill Of Manufacture cost for the device which comes with 64GB of NAND flash memory costs only $288.08 to make.

In comparison, the cost to make iPhone 8 Plus is $9.57 higher than the iPhone 7 Plus as of the time of its release.

Meanwhile, the Bill of Manufacture cost will make you want to jump out of your skin after finding out that the $288.08 is not even up to half the money you will be paying for the phone.

One would have thought, with the features iPhone comes with that the BOM would have been higher than $288. Am I the only person thinking that the profit margin Apple wanted for this phone is quit too much?

While this explains the reason why Apple’s iPhones have always been so expensive more than any other phone on planet earth. We understand Apple still needs to cover enough profit so as to remain the best in the smartphone industry and maybe cover what it took them to get their new fancy HQ up and running.

Let’s move away from iPhone 8 Plus a little bit.

IHS Markit, also stated that the iPhone 8’s BOM is 247.51, and it’s $9.57 higher than the iPhone 7 as of the time of its release.

IHS claimed that the higher cost of the BOM cost for the iPhone 8 plus can be tied to the slower annual component cost erosion tied to its additional features which include the increased NAND flash memory content, the new wireless charging components and the back glass.

Source: http://droidengage.com/see-much-took-apple-make-799-iphone-8-plus/
Re: See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by Iseoluwani: 3:16am On Sep 30, 2017
Why will I buy a phone which u will still use money to service

When I know where dey sell farm land @
osogbo

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 3:22am On Sep 30, 2017
Iseoluwani:
Why will I buy a phone which u will still use money to service

When I know where dey sell farm land @
osogbo

Rubbish

No be fight bro
Put your money where your mouth is,if you’re worth $100k you won’t have this mentality
Re: See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by Iseoluwani: 3:30am On Sep 30, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:

No be fight bro
Put your money where your mouth is,if you’re worth $100k you won’t have this mentality

Aboki, it's good to use something worth your value, yes very good, but when you keep buying liabilities, how do intend having a bright future for yourself. .in the next 10yrs

M using a good phone n one of the best In its company

GIONEE M5, (GOOGLE THE SPEC)

Y WILL I SPEND MY MONEY AGAIN ON IPHONE AGAIN? ?
Re: See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 3:36am On Sep 30, 2017
Iseoluwani:

Aboki, it's good to use something worth your value, yes very good, but when you keep buying liabilities, how do intend having a bright future for yourself. .in the next 10yrs

M using a good phone n one of the best In its company

GIONEE M5, (GOOGLE THE SPEC)

Y WILL I SPEND MY MONEY AGAIN ON IPHONE AGAIN? ?

Sule
If you’re worth $100k,iPhone 8 won’t be a laibility to you and it’s the same thing as using the current phone you’re using.

E be like say some people dey put head for toilet on top this forum sha

1 Like

Re: See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by Cossybob(m): 3:41am On Sep 30, 2017
Una don Finish

Re: See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by austinereds(m): 4:01am On Sep 30, 2017
Phone that is already popping out. Nonsense
Re: See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 30, 2017
Iphone 8: What expensive grenades have become!
Re: See How Much It Took Apple To Make The $799 Iphone 8 Plus by CodecJay(m): 7:55am On Sep 30, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:

No be fight bro

True. That's the thing.
If u have the money, even if the phone is 5000$ u will still buy it without your bank account shaking

(1) (Reply)

Please Help, I Can't Load Google.com / 5 Awesome Apps You Need To Try This Week / How To Subscribe For 9mobile 1GB Plan For N200

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.