Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,303 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period (29936 Views)

Glo, MTN, Airtel, Others Move To Raise Tariff / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile / How To Check Your MTN, Glo, Airtel & 9mobile Phone Number On Your Mobile Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by exlinklodge: 3:38am On Sep 30, 2017
NCC Directs Telecoms Providers to Grant 14 Days Grace Period on Data Usage

Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has directed all Telecoms Operators to give 14 -days grace for subscribers to exhaust their remaining data after the 30 days expiration period.

Ms. Hellen Obi, who represented the Executive Vice Chairman NCC, Professor Umar Danbata, stated this yesterday, in Minna, the Niger State capital ,at the Consumers Conversation Forum organised by the NCC to sensitise consumers on the need to follow the right channel in resolving issues with their service providers.

The NCC also advised the consumers that if their complaints are not solved by their network provider they can call NCC and lay their complaints, assuring them that the commission will take up the matter and resolve it, including asking the service provider to compensate the subscriber.

“NCC has mandated all network providers to give their subscribers 14 days of grace after the 30 days expiration of their data if they still have data left and cannot recharge to get their data rolled over,” she stated.

Obi declared 2017 as NCC Telecom Consumer year as a result of the consumer’s importance to the growth and development of the telecom industry.

She added: “The commission which is the independent regulatory authority for the telecommunications industry in Nigeria declared Year 2017 as NCC year of the telecom consumer in recognition of the importance of the consumer to the phenomenal growth and development in the telecoms sector.

“The year of telecom consumer, which was formally launched by NCC Executive Vice Chairman/CEO, Danbata, is in tandem with the 8-point Agenda of the commission aimed to protect, educate, and empower consumers towards ensuring sustainable growth and further development in the Telecom sector.’’

Obi explained that the consumer conversation is designed to educate and inform consumers about their rights and privileges with their service providers.

The commission also articulated four strategic initiatives as key drivers of the Consumer Conversation including “Do-Not-Disturb” (DND) Service across all telecom networks, a service, which enables the consumer to stop receiving unwanted and unsolicited messages from telecom operators.

Others include, the NCC toll free Line 622, which enables consumers to report complaints pertaining to unresolved issues with their service providers, and improving quality of service.

She further said that the NCC has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), which mandates the CBN to advise the banks on enlightenment of their customers on fake messages that request them to send their Bank Verification Number (BVN) or account details.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/09/29/ncc-directs-telecoms-providers-to-grant-14-days-grace-period-on-data-usage/

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by profsho1(m): 3:47am On Sep 30, 2017
I pray they comply.
FTC

12 Likes

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Grundig: 3:59am On Sep 30, 2017
I can't remember when I last had unused data on my phone. Even without being used the data somehow fizzles out.

134 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by boman2014: 4:12am On Sep 30, 2017
browsing free with my airtel with opera mini handler..............
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Oluwamuyeewa(m): 4:22am On Sep 30, 2017
Naija bloggers

3 Likes

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by dominique(f): 4:34am On Sep 30, 2017
Data that hardly last up to 30 days, so what's the point increasing the validity again?

Can't NCC order them to reduce their data charges ni?

154 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Robisky001(m): 4:56am On Sep 30, 2017
Implicit information.

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by jmichlins(m): 5:49am On Sep 30, 2017
dominique:
Data that hardly last up to 30 days, so what's the point increasing the validity again?

Can't NCC order them to reduce their data charges ni?
you just spoke my mind. I use more than 15gb monthly. No point increasing validity but volume

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by MaryBenn(f): 6:12am On Sep 30, 2017
Nonsense, data that doesn't last up to 30 days what's the need for extension?? U people should increase the data caps instead, #2500 should get me at least 20GB data grin grin

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by deji47: 6:51am On Sep 30, 2017
Data Zapping will be the order of the day. Rather they should mandate them that;
1) Data Rollover is a must(when the subscriber subscribes b4 expiry cc MTN)

2) 1gb must be 1gb and not 750mb. There should be a means of calibrating the networks data. Just like how DPR goes about measuring fuel in Petrol stations.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 30, 2017
Mynd44 day don break oh ;DD

Oya now let's go there fast fast.... cheesy
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Discharge(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2017
Nonsense, data wey no reach 2 weeks........sanction them for illegal deductions and poor internet service

11 Likes

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by bercarray(m): 7:42am On Sep 30, 2017
mtchew.... data that'd have expired before 25 days

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by 9japrof(m): 7:42am On Sep 30, 2017
grin
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by KendrickAyomide: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2017
...data wey i even dey finish before 30days. increase the data not the duration

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by kayojosephy(m): 7:42am On Sep 30, 2017
Welcome development for ppu like me..
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by richeeyo(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2017
boman2014:
browsing free with my airtel with opera mini handler..............
pm boys Bros abeg
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 30, 2017
Pointless d data no kuku dey reach 2 weeks

1 Like

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Lukenitheooo6(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2017
rubbish extension when i can use 10gb a day

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by tosyne2much(m): 7:43am On Sep 30, 2017
Are they going to give 30days extension to 10MB crew on a daily sub too? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Sharon6(f): 7:44am On Sep 30, 2017
Pointless. We need more data for lesser prices.

GIVE YOUR SKIN A TREAT, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by gsparks01(m): 7:44am On Sep 30, 2017
The only reason I can have unused data is if the network is sh!t
Yes I'm referring to GLO

7 Likes

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
No need. They will find a way to make sure your data zaps off before the third week sef.

So even if theu give you two months. Your data will still be exhausted before the month end

3 Likes

Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by martineverest(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
good....I dont trust these providers., they will increase the rate of data zapping, especially mtn
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
Welcome development for ppu like me.
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Sociologie(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
Good or else them go do 'Python Dance" grin
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by infogenius(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
Lol.
Will these telecom operators comply?
And even if they do data charges will go up
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by ideology(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
Hahahhaha, there is no need for this.
This main issue with data is true value,
Imagine paying for 10GB and it finishes in 3 -5 days, without any download or streaming
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by Finstar: 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
No need. My own hardly last a week

Check my signature for business ideas wink
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by SlimHan(f): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
If I hear say dem follow the instruction...
Data that doesn't last more than 15days
Mtcheeew undecided
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by userplainly(m): 7:45am On Sep 30, 2017
Grundig:
I can't remember when I last had unused data on my phone. Even without being used the data somehow fizzles out.
mtn abi?
Re: NCC Orders MTN, Glo & Airtel & Others To Extend 30-day Data Expiry Period by duroc(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2017
Data wey no dy pass 5days before

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Instagram And Facebook Are Currently Down (pics) / How To H.a.c.k Your S60v3 Phones (with Screenshots) / Live Unveiling Of The TECNO Phantom X Device (watch Live)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.