Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,023 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business (693 Views)

Mother Of Celebrity Carpenter Who Reunited With Father After 15 Years Flies Home / The Nairalife Of A Mother Of Two Who Is In Between Jobs / This Is How Much Most Graduates Earn In Nigeria As Starting Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business by GistMeMorenews: 6:35am On Sep 30, 2017
Mrs. Franca Nwosu, a roasted yam seller based in Minna, Niger State, revealed that she put five of her children through university from the proceeds of her business. Speaking to Northern City News on Thursday in Minna, the mother of nine said that she started the business about 15 years ago.

"I started this business over 15 years ago and with the proceeds.I was able to train five graduates. So , as far as I am concerned, the business is booming, no matter the hardship in the country, people must eat, you cannot avoid food .”

The trader said she opened for business by 7am everyday to serve her customers who comprised commercial motorcyclists, artisans , pedestrians and motorists.

Photo: Meet mother of nine who trained five graduates with proceeds from her roasted yam business

She used to roast over 150 tubers of yam each day, however, the economic recession had forced her to reduce the quantity to 100.

Mrs Nwosu said she had started the business because her husband’ s low earnings and a welder wasn't enough to take care of their family need.

“My husband is a welder by profession but with the current situation of things in the country, what he is getting cannot sustain the family ; so, I engaged myself in the yam roasting business to support him so that our family will not suffer ,” she explained.

More: http://www.gistmore.com/photo-meet-mother-nine-trained-five-graduates-roasted-yam-business

[img]https://2.bp..com/-Zi0cfaR3tlg/Wc42fRWfEmI/AAAAAAANCFk/uDTY40_wXmAq6VKszxCkzk6UicLmdkYVwCLcBGAs/s320/roasted-yam-business.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-Zi0cfaR3tlg/Wc42fRWfEmI/AAAAAAANCFk/uDTY40_wXmAq6VKszxCkzk6UicLmdkYVwCLcBGAs/s320/roasted-yam-business.jpg[/img]
Re: Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business by GistMeMorenews: 6:39am On Sep 30, 2017
Re: Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business by medexico(m): 6:41am On Sep 30, 2017
Mother of the year

I pray those kids will be grateful
Re: Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business by alegbeleye(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2017
God bless you Ma. A virtuous woman. na slay queens and oloshos full town now.
Re: Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business by Finstar: 6:56am On Sep 30, 2017
Make I hear
Re: Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business by emeijeh(m): 9:14am On Sep 30, 2017
D
Re: Photo: Meet Mother Of Nine Who Trained Five Graduates With Roasted Yam Business by lalasticlala(m): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2017

(1)

Employing A Nigerian Social Media Manager / How To Handle A Lowball Salary Offer / PHOTO: 11 Years Old Cult Boy Turns Pastor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.