Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:47 AM

AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? (7045 Views)

Whats The Difference Between Core's And Celeron Processors ? / Amd Turion 64 X2 Vs Intel Duo Core Processors / AMD vs Intel: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 08, 2010
Personally, I find AMD horrible, but maybe its just me. I have a compaq presario v6000 with an AMD sempron. If you hear the noise this fan makes ehn, I cant do anything in private. My brother knows if I leave my PC on all night, because of the sound of the fan, which can be heard behind closed doors.
I can't wait for my dell studio 17 with an i7 processor so I can junk this crap of an AMD, but to be fair to this machine, its served me for close to 4 years sha grin
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by ElRazur: 10:40pm On Mar 08, 2010
Surely, the problem is with the fan and not the board or cpu itself? No?
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by dypo(m): 11:43pm On Mar 08, 2010
Na wah for una for this nairaland o! See as you finish @Kosovo.

Awww!
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by Nobody: 12:22am On Mar 09, 2010
@Elrazur, nah according to some online articles I read, its not the fan, its to do with the processor, unfortunately. A whole lot of people who were like, "An AMD? Dude, why?" grin
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by biina: 4:43am On Mar 09, 2010
My interest in processors revolves mainly around their overclock ability. Nothing like bumping up voltages, upping frequencies and tightening timings grin
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by bawomolo(m): 6:33am On Mar 09, 2010
oga kosovo,

the webster dictionary you borrowed from the library can't save you this time o
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by ElRazur: 7:36am On Mar 09, 2010
biina:

My interest in processors revolves mainly around their overclock ability. Nothing like bumping up voltages, upping frequencies and tightening timings grin

At what cost though? I am not sure there are significant gains. Besides, one may be foregoing stability for minuscule performance.

I have always wanted to dabble in this area as AMD are very good for over-clocking, but it is something I am yet to get around.

PS
You laugh and come across relaxed more lately? What's up now? No longer a man-virgin? Just messing with you lol.
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by ElRazur: 7:56am On Mar 09, 2010
wavemasta:

@Elrazur, nah according to some online articles I read, its not the fan, its to do with the processor, unfortunately. A whole lot of people who were like, "An AMD? Dude, why?" grin

Interesting. I never used a Sempron, so I guess may be true. In all my dealings with AMD, the chips have been very effective and they seem to last forever for me.

Are you asking why I am an AMD dude? If so, it is because I get roughly the same performance when it is compared to an intel of equivalent and AMD is always cheaper. For example, why go for an i5 or i7, when a Phenom II Quad core will serve my need? Yes I know the i5 et al is a newer and offers a better performance, but for everyday computing, your average joe cannot tell the difference between a Phenom II quad core and i5.

The problem I think is that people want faster pc, but hardly do the average user get to use the total power of these chips etc. I have a dual core and while it works well - I even have the option to overclock by using a simple CPU-Z program [from 2.4 to about 3.2 or so]. But I am already looking at replacing it with a Quad core partly because the program I use is coded for it - i.e able to use the multiple cores and mainly because I want a new and shiny man-toy every year or so. grin

I dunno what you do, but I very much doubt you will be using the full power of your new i5 laptop lol.

bawomolo:

oga kosovo,

the webster dictionary you borrowed from the library can't save you this time o

I am sure he will have something to say. Like he was pulling our legs or something. Never underestimate the power of foolishness my friend. grin
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by Nobody: 8:02am On Mar 09, 2010
You guys are so ready to stab this guy. Its disgusting.

Where in his post did he claim to be the original author of the article?

Let he who have never copied and paste open his mouth undecided
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by biina: 8:15am On Mar 09, 2010
ElRazur:

At what cost though? I am not sure there are significant gains. Besides, one may be foregoing stability for minuscule performance.
At minimal costs. CPUs are binned to work at the recommended speed (and voltage) to give the a lifespan of 10+ years. Overclocking (done properly) will get you 50-100% increase in speed at the expense of reducing the MTTF. How far wit will reduce will dpend on how aggressive you are with the voltage. I dont plan on keeping a CPU for more than 2yrs, as it would likely be obsolete by then, so why bother keeping it 'safe'. I can get the performance of a top end CPU for much less. Currently typing on a Q6600 that is rated at 2.4GHz (9 X 266MHz) that I overclocked to 3.32GHz (8 X 415MHz). That is almost 40% increase in core clock and almost 60% in FSB and its 24 X 7 stable and quiet. I can get it to 3.6GHz but the fan noise is too loud, and I dont have time to change them.

I have always wanted to dabble in this area as AMD are very good for over-clocking, but it is something I am yet to get around.
Intel have had the upper hand in recent years. Poor performance have made AMD bin their products more aggressively.

PS
You laugh and come across relaxed more lately? What's up now? No longer a man-virgin? Just messing with you lol.
Seems se.x is never far from your mind. Are you a gigolo or just watch too much poorn?  undecided grin
As long as you stay off the brokeback mountain stuff, no wahala.
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by jessefly: 8:25am On Mar 09, 2010
i am kosovo free me now HAHAHAHAHA grin

give d dude a break who among us is not guilty of plaigarizing
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by ElRazur: 8:32am On Mar 09, 2010
@Binna,

Interesting. I have always thought to get some serious gains, one is looking at investing in proper cooling - Uber powerful and silent fan, Liquid coolers etc? So do you really see any real life gains or is it just a figure crunching hobby? By the way, have you managed to fry and chips in your attempts to make unofficial gains? grin

My AMD music pc can be over clocked, but I don't think I am about to lose my stuff - stability. grin

Intel is an evil empire lol. Remember AMD just won a legal settlement of about a billion dollar plus against them. Yay for AMD lovers. But seriously, yes, Intel offers more chips in terms of performance.

S3x is man's favourite past time apparently.  grin I just feel you come across as uptight - dunno why my post makes you feel so, but good to see you have a not-so-tight side to you.  grin

FL Gators:

You guys are so ready to stab this guy. Its disgusting.

Where in his post did he claim to be the original author of the article?

Let he who have never copied and paste open his mouth undecided

Read the bloody thread. He presented the write up as his etc and he was swiftly exposed. I guess it is our fault and not his.

Yes I have copied and paste, but always give credit by stating where it was taken from.
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by Nobody: 8:40am On Mar 09, 2010
Look dude, dont curse at me.

Up until the end of the article, it was exactly copied and pasted.

Word for word. . . .

The only other post kosovo made on this thread was:
@oyb
what do you mean?
i should dissect my brains and put it here?

And these words do not suggest that the article was his.

I'm not a fan of kosovo's ITK, but I suspect that you loff jumping on his case
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by ElRazur: 8:43am On Mar 09, 2010
Read again. You will get there eventually. grin

You are my number one female fan. . . Remember? I no fit get mad at you.
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2010
Why dont you point it out to me since your 6 eyes are seeing what I'm not

And for the last time, I am not your #1 fan cool
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by ElRazur: 8:49am On Mar 09, 2010
Go back and read what oyb asked him and what was mentioned by others to his response. grin
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by Nobody: 8:53am On Mar 09, 2010
I must be very slow and/or blind [Better not agree].  . . .  because I did not see Kosovo denied or surrendered to any of the allegations anywhere in this thread where .

*subscribing to thread*
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 09, 2010
FL Gators:

Why dont you point it out to me since your 6 eyes are seeing what I'm not

And for the last time, I am not your #1 fan cool

i always post links when i am not presenting material 'dissected from my brain'

it is the proper thing to do. give credit to the author

even after i asked kosovo to post a link, he did not.

and he does something of this nature in the games section.

its simple netiquette, and it takes nothing from you cite the origin and credit the originator

i frequent a lot of tech blogs and sometimes u can find the same article on 10 different blogs - and the originator is always credited

anyway- i guess its time for ol elrazur to find somwhere else to flog kosovo

topic locked
Re: AMD Vs Intel Which Processors Are Better? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 09, 2010
I hear ya

(1) (2)

How To Unlock MTN Hynetflex Router / SOLD....Mint HP 14 Notebook 4gb 500gb Core i3 / Mtn Nigeria Network Problems Resolved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.