Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,226 members, 7,829,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Atheists And Morality. A Question! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists And Morality. A Question! (9495 Views)

You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. / Monotheism And Morality: A Criticism / The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 12:51am On Oct 01, 2017
dalaman:

Am trying to have a meaningful conversation with you but it seems you are only interested in sounding stupid and chasing your long tail.

I am talking about a real society while you are talking about a fictional one.

There is no society in the world where 99% of the people are rapist, murderers and racist. There is no such society anywhere. Such a society can not exist. That's why I asked you to give me and example of such a society and also give me the beneficial effects of racism, murder and rape to any society.

I can play you games very well if you want to act dumb and stupid. .

Don't start with Hitler because you God (and his prophets) if we are to go by the bible NO different from Hitler. He sanctioned rape, slavery and genocide and even fell out with Saul because Saul refused to follow the instructions to competely exerminate a group of people.

That guy makes you cringe with the degree of batshit he spews. He's functionally retarrded, honestly.

Talking about Hitler, his useless bastard of a God is actually MUCH WORSE than him. Hitler merely learned from the ancient Nazi, the cosmic Nazi, the ultimate Nazi!

Is it any surprise that, to the very tiniest detail, every tactic used by the Nazis against the Jews were tactics Jehovah and the Jews themselves were alleged to have used or advocated their usage against others in the accursed Jewish Bible - the book most suitable for burning?

Hitler was merely the Jehovah of Nazi Germany. The Nazis were the new Chosen People. And the swatsiska replaced the star of David.

If the Nazis were criminals who should be condemned and indicted for war crimes and crimes against humanity, the Jews, much more than the Nazis, need to be subjected to the same judgement!
Tozara

3 Likes

Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by chemystery: 12:57am On Oct 01, 2017
vaxx:
saudi Arabia and Switzerland are Nation and what make them a nations are the individual in them.... So the law is for the individual in the country....

You are right they it deal with laws...laws do not carry the spirit of emphaty.... It is not unlawful for me to stop my car to carry a pregnant woman in labour at the road side if I see one...I can just by passs and go....no police will arrest for not stopping.....

It is lawful for me if I am medical doctor to demand for my fee before attending to a terrible sick patient that come to my office before treatment....

Here nothing like good nor bad...am only following the laws .....

Lawfully right, morally wrong!

Therefore laws should replace good or bad concept....since it is only human device right?
Is this your recommendation?
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by vaxx: 1:03am On Oct 01, 2017
chemystery:

Lawfully right, morally wrong!

Is this your recommendation?
I just correct you ...morality is subjective.........
No it is not my recommendation...am asking you if it should replace it...if laws should replace moral?
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by chemystery: 1:31am On Oct 01, 2017
vaxx:
I just correct you ...morality is subjective.........
No it is not my recommendation...am asking you if it should replace it...if laws should replace moral?
Laws are there to enforce some vital aspects of morality. Meaning you just have to show some form of good morals whether you like it or not. Morality exists as part of our natural human instinct which was borrowed by both civil and religious laws for its purposes
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by vaxx: 8:04am On Oct 01, 2017
chemystery:
Laws are there to enforce some vital aspects of morality. Meaning you just have to show some form of good morals whether you like it or not. Morality exists as part of our natural human instinct which was borrowed by both civil and religious laws for its purposes
morality and law aren't the same pls
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by butterflyl1on: 8:43am On Oct 01, 2017
chemystery:

So morality is a natural instinct? So we were no longer animals? If we know that animals have no moral values how then can you claim that we who are also animals naturally had morals?

If as animals which man is, we do not naturally have morals what then did the civil and religious laws borrow from?

As you respond, remember that there is a scientific claim that humans are animals. This claim has been repeatedly said on this thread by those who subscribe to this notion.

Do you not also subscribe to that as an atheist?
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeylar(f): 2:08pm On Oct 01, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Fornication and adultery is only wrong when lying and cheating is involved. I believe humans are naturally polygamous (both men and women), but we are extremely pretentious, so we hold ourselves up to stupid ideals. My wife gets my full, unqualified consent to seek sexual pleasure elsewhere, if I'm ever unable to satisfy her carnal needs. This way, she'll never have to cheat or lie to me. Likewise, if I ever feel sexual attraction towards another woman, I'll also be upfront with my wife. When consent is established between all parties involved, then it's a free world.

I love this

1 Like

Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeylar(f): 2:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:

this right here is my answer to your question. What's your response?

This is fantastic, thanks for sharing this, nice post tearless
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:

This is fantastic, thanks for sharing this, nice post tearless
Thanks, Daeylar. smiley

By the way, I like your moniker. How's it pronounced?
Tozara
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:
You're welcome smiley
Thanks smiley pronounced DAEY--lar
Thanks. Nice name. Mind telling its meaning?
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeylar(f): 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Thanks. Nice name. Mind telling its meaning?

It's a mix of 2 names actually cheesy no meaning
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:

It's a mix of 2 names actually cheesy no meaning
Oh, I see. That's nice. Are you Nigerian?
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeylar(f): 5:38pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Oh, I see. That's nice. Are you Nigerian?

Yep, both parents, what about you?
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:

Yep, both parents, what about you?
That's cool! I'm pure Nigerian too.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE! smiley
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeylar(f): 5:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
That's cool! I'm pure Nigerian too.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE! smiley

Lol, wish you the same
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:

Lol, wish you the same
Thank yo! smiley

I believe it's our generation that will drag this great country out of the ditch it's fallen into. I have this feeling that this generation has a rendezvous with Nigeria's Destiny. I see new flames blazing new trails.

Are you also holding firmly onto that flower called HOPE?
Tozara
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeylar(f): 7:02pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Thank yo! smiley

I believe it's our generation that will drag this great country out of the ditch it's fallen into. I have this feeling that this generation has a rendezvous with Nigeria's Destiny. I see new flames blazing new trails.

Are you also holding firmly onto that flower called HOPE?

You're welcome cheesy

I will always have hope,

Are you the moniker on your signature?
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:

You're welcome cheesy
I will always have hope,
Are you the moniker on your signature?
Yep.
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeylar(f): 7:09pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Yep.

All right, were you banned?
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:

All right, were you banned?
Nah..... Not at all. Merely switched handles.

Let's just say the "shape" of this moniker is my preference in the mood I'm currently in.. Lol.
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeylar(f): 7:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Nah..... Not at all. Merely switched handles.

Let's just say the "shape" of this moniker is my preference in the mood I'm currently in.. Lol.

Hian, so if you change mood you change moniker,

I'm weak.

This one is different. Lol
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 01, 2017
Daeylar:

Hian, so if you change mood you change moniker,
I'm weak.
This one is different. Lol
Haha. Abi o. grin
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by Daeyou(m): 11:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT THERE'S NO GOD? ANY GENIUE ANSWER?.? WITH EXPLANATION!
Re: Atheists And Morality. A Question! by dalaman: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Yes!. It's now fully legal remember?

Am not gay. If I were a gay person why not?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

The Prophet Mohammed Practised Thighing On His Child Bride,Aishaa,,? / I Heard Rubbing Crude Oil Chases Away Evil Spirits.. Myth Or Fact? / Nairaland Petition To Tax Religious Bodies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.