Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:42 PM

Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu (452 Views)

Yari: Memo To Kadaria Ahmed By Charles Ogbu / Charles Ogbu To PMB: You Insulted Us By Addressing Us As 'My Dear Citizens' / Charles Ogbu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners [MUST READ] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu by Kazim88: 10:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
NIGERIA AND OCTOBER 1st INDEPENDENCE DAY; WHEN NOT TO CELEBRATE.
By Charles Ogbu.
For Nigeria as a country, the clause "Independence Day Celebration" is an oxymoronic expression because the truth is, Nigeria IS NOT independent in any way. Not politically, not economically, not even spiritually and certainly not physically.
Where is the independence??
Colonialism, which is an euphemism for slavery, never really ended in Nigeria. It only got repackaged in such a way that the slaves now see their chains, not as an obstacle but a beautiful bracelet. They sing and dance in a deceitful sense of freedom even when they are anything but free. And this is why enthroning real Freedom or Independence for Nigerians has proven almost impossible even after 5 decades. As impossible as freeing a slave who is oblivious of his slavery status.
"I freed a thousand slaves. I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves"~~Harriet Tubman.
What happened in 1960 was that the British thugs, seeing that nationalist movements with their chant of Independence were becoming too loud, they decided to hand the mantle of slavery over to the Fulanis to continue from where they stopped. So in essence, the forest never really changed. Even the monkeys remaineth the same. Only that they now dress like humans, eat and drink like humans and even sleep on bed like humans but make no mistake, a monkey is still a monkey.
October1st,1960, was the day Britain gifted us with a Voodoo Independence.
As a citizen, ask yourself, are you really free?
What freedom do you enjoy as a free citizen of a free world?
Is it free speech, movement, association or expression? Can you exercise any of those right without fear of being witch-hunted by your own govt??
Is your right to life, which is the most important of all rights, even respected in a country that is supposedly free?
How many Nigerians have lost their lives in the hands of either the army or fulani herdsmen being protected by the same army in the last 2 years?
I cannot speak for other ethnic groups but as an Igboman, I consider it a grave moral tragedy and the height of self-hate for any Igbo man to participate either in part or in full in the beautiful nonsense known as the October 1st Independence Day Celebration.
October 1st is the day Ndigbo all over the world should mourn their dead sons and daughters mercilessly slaughtered by Buhari and his Fulani dominated Apartheid army of occupation currently carrying out a systematic genocide in our land.
Celebrating anything with Nigeria at this point in time amounts to spitting on the grave of those youths slaughtered in cold blood two weeks ago in Abia state.
As long as the Fulani army of occupation remains in Ala-Igbo carrying out extortion, torture, murder and other forms of savagery against Ndigbo, I will let myself be consumed by worm before observing anything in the name of Nigeria.
This Lugard House Of Iniquity has proven that it has no place for me and my kind.
Why should I celebrate anything with a country that has acquired the talent for embarking on festival of blood against my kind at every turn??
Deep down, I don't feel like I'm a Nigerian. Even in the very unlikely event that we don't get our geographical Biafra, I will always be a full blooded Biafran at heart. The murderous Oligarchs may have the upper hand for now because they have state power but I can assure them, our mind will forever remain unconquered.
What we are fighting is the battle of the mind and thanks to Nnamdi Kanu, our minds are now fully liberated.
Until a man's mind is defeated, such a man is not defeated.
# October1stIsOurDayOfMourning .
Re: Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu by Fidelismaria: 10:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
yes ooo
#October1stisourdayofmourning
Re: Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu by ogologoamu: 10:46pm On Sep 30, 2017
"Until a man's mind is defeated, such a man is not defeated".

mynd44 Seun lalasticlala OAM4J
Re: Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu by lordimmaogidi(m): 10:50pm On Sep 30, 2017
it shall never be well with the killers of Innocent souls,de forgone terrors shall hurt them all the days of their lives.when I remember d death ones water running down my eyes ohhhh aye aye water running down my eyes.
Re: Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu by nototribalist: 11:09pm On Sep 30, 2017
Them no dey take this type go front page. God is watching
Re: Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu by NothingDoMe: 11:13pm On Sep 30, 2017
Fidelismaria:
yes ooo

#October1stisourdayofmourning
Don't mind all those other people writing nice speeches. Wetin concern hungry people and niceness?
Re: Independence Day: When Not To Celebrate By Charles Ogbu by Throwback: 11:22pm On Sep 30, 2017
lordimmaogidi:
it shall never be well with the killers of Innocent souls,de forgone terrors shall hurt them all the days of their lives.when I remember d death ones water running down my eyes ohhhh aye aye water running down my eyes.

It shall never be well with all those who promise to execute genocide against the whole country.

It shall never be well with all those under oath to burn down the country.

It shall never be well with all mad men who solicit for funds to fight a war in the country.

It shall never be well with all security operatives who perpetrate murder against citizens who have not assaulted them while on lawful assignment.

It shall be well with all those fighting terrorists and campaigners of anarchy.

(1) (Reply)

Was Nigeria This ‘bad’ In 1970? / Northern States Governors Forum Selects GE To Boost Healthcare In The North / Letter To The Depressed From Anothernigerian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.