Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,359 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property (18605 Views)

Drums In Mountain Of Fire / "Mountain Of Fire Allows Wearing Of Trousers In UK & US" - Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pastor Anthony Olawale Dies During Mountain Of Fire Church Service In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by MarieSucre(f): 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hmmmnnn let us wait to hear both sides of the story.

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by guiddoti: 6:51pm On Oct 01, 2017
Evaberry:

I know some people will come here and start shouting greed and cursing the pastors in Maryland

They will deliberately not see the part where it was said that the general overseer a pastor of MFM (where everybody tell others to go for deliverance) lied by making false claims to evade charges.

I'm pretty sure Fraud and lies is a sin against god and the state but don't be surprised when excuses are made for 'daddy Go'
Can he make a proof to the claim?
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by delishpot: 7:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
femicyrus:
it is called "WISDOM" grin

Hahahaha, no be small.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
johnnyvid:
some pastors this days are not appreciative. what i see here's that the greedy ones are the wolf in sheeps clothing.

U mean some business pastors?
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Olatara(f): 8:23pm On Oct 01, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Religious belief is an invisible security blanket for insecure individuals.
Closeted minds will continue to allow brainwashing and indoctrination by religious leaders that there is a 'god', and there was a 'jesus', in order that the people with closed minds allow themselves to be controlled so that the various Corporations (churches) remain profitable as the tax-free mosnety continues to roll in.
The fact that water drowns or kill people doesn't mean we shudnt drink water, if u are against Christianity because some ppl are doing it the wrong way, then u have a long way to go. Pls stop all this, if you dont like it, leave it alone.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by ofuonyebi: 9:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
Anytime now you hear of the news of churches.....it is either about ritual or money palava...

Little wonder that the creator warned that HIS judgment will start from the church when the time of judgment come.. shame!
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Ishilove: 9:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
Evaberry:

I know some people will come here and start shouting greed and cursing the pastors in Maryland

They will deliberately not see the part where it was said that the general overseer a pastor of MFM (where everybody tell others to go for deliverance) lied by making false claims to evade charges.

I'm pretty sure Fraud and lies is a sin against god and the state but don't be surprised when excuses are made for 'daddy Go'
Kindly point out in the article where it was stated that Dr Olukoya 'lied' about taxes. Going by the bolded, it seems I must have missed it.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Babinski: 10:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
The allegations of the breakaway Pastors is immaterial to the ownership of the property. MFM International had accountability for the money raised and the property purchased. If there had been any inquiry into the church and use of funds as a registered charity during operations in Bowie, Maryland, MFM International would have been responsible and not the Pastors individually. So with the responsibility also comes the benefits. If the Pastors want to start a new church, they should break away clean and start afresh. If MFM is evading tax indeed, it is a separate case entirely.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by AngelicBeing: 10:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
sad

Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by matrixme(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2017
I'm sure if Pastor Olukoya really needed to make some fast money, he wouldn't descend so low to sneak prayer books to members abroad, especially when there are legitimate ways he can make such money from millions of his members and followers in Nigeria. He would just ask directly and people will willingly give. Besides we all know how psychedelic Nigerians in diaspora can be, especially once they are abroad, so prayer books might not be exactly a hot sell. We know their type. The devil himself was once a minister of light.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Die, die, die, l taught MFM was a holy church, hypocrites every where.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by kpolli(m): 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2017
johnnyvid:
The G.O of the Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries (MFM), Daniel Olukoya, is in the spotlight in a US court after his church dragged some former pastors and members to court over monetary and property disputes.
MFM is seeking declaratory judgment and damages against Pastors Lawrence Adetunji, Ronke Adetunji, and 11 former members of MFM, Bowie, Maryland.
At issue are real property described as 5506 and 5503 Church Road in Bowie, Maryland, which were acquired by MFM Bowie in 2001 and 2004 respectively. Also in contention are funds for the MFM building in Bowie.
MFM International (Lagos) claims that the property acquired with the contributions and offerings of the members of MFM in Bowie, are property of MFM headquarters by way of trustThe plaintiffs claim further that when Pastor Adetunji and most members of MFM in Bowie decided not to associate further with the denomination, Pastor Adetunji was under an obligation to hand over the properties and funds to MFM headquarters.
In their response, the defendants allege that they decided to sever their relationship with MFM and its leadership because of the illegal and fraudulent activities of MFM International, Lagos.
They allege that MFM International was in the practice of knowingly and deliberately making false claims to evade U.S. Customs duties and taxes on books exported from Nigeria to U.S.
The nature of the illegal activities stems from the fact that the plaintiffs would ship prayer books to various U.S.-based MFM branches with a cover letter categorizing the books as “donations” to be distributed to local parishioners.
However, once delivered to the U.S, instructions were then emailed to U.S. pastors instructing them of the price they must charge parishioners in selling these books. The pastors were then instructed to remit the earnings of their sales to MFM International.
Some Officers of MFM International, including the G.O, Daniel Olukoya are expected to get into the witness box at the hearing.

source::http://www.pressnewsng.com.ng/2017/09/former-mfm-pastors-and-members-accuse.html?m=0

I dunno about other MFMs but MFM in San Jose gave me free book, I was even wondering how come they didn't ask us to pay... Never heard them announce books sales rather giving out but as I said I dunno about the rest
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by jidxin(m): 11:16pm On Oct 01, 2017
Johnrake69:
Not surprised. The church of today is typically a capitalist institution. Don't know when we Christians will open our eyes to the truth. The church properties belong to the GOs and their board, It doesn't belong to the church members. As a homeless person you can't sleep in Church because it's a private property.

I have witnessed first hand where a security team with a toyota hilux drove a woman and her son from inside the prayer city to the gate and asked them to leave the premises.
I ddnt really read all ur comment but its beta to be more versed nd well read in a particular area. Now d church prop is not owned by anybody not even d pastor. D church is registered under part C of companies nd Allied Matters Act. In d event of winding up d prop goes to either other churches or charitable organization. Tnx
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by NoToPile: 7:35am On Oct 02, 2017
Babinski:
The allegations of the breakaway Pastors is immaterial to the ownership of the property. MFM International had accountability for the money raised and the property purchased. If there had been any inquiry into the church and use of funds as a registered charity during operations in Bowie, Maryland, MFM International would have been responsible and not the Pastors individually. So with the responsibility also comes the benefits. If the Pastors want to start a new church, they should break away clean and start afresh. If MFM is evading tax indeed, it is a separate case entirely.

Very correct, MFM international is responsible when trouble starts in any branch foreign or local, nobody will mention the name of the particular branch or pastor its the HQ that will be called and will take responsibility.

A whole number of branches are built by contributioons from members so I am surprised some pastors that want to breakaway want to also go with church property, I am so surprised.

Pastors have built large branches with help of members, its not a new thing I am so surprised this is happening.

Before they post them outside the country you see them all humble and nice but once they taste the goodness of obodo oyinbo and their eyes open to "the perceived income" of the church from location greed sets in and they are no longer satisfied with the stipend they receive from the church as salary.

You did a breakaway which is bad enough you Noe want to blackmail the church/G.O which even if such is happening there's a 100% possibility the G.O may not be aware.

All this problem will be averted if only those that are truly called by God to go into pastoring do become pastors. A lot are just after money .
Re: Mountain Of Fire Drags Ex Pastors & Members To Court Over Money & Property by critic9ja: 9:06pm On Oct 02, 2017
Olukoya may not even be aware of any fraudulent method of shipping. there are people designated to do most of these things, so if the people decide to be corrupt, it is a very big pity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chris Oyakhilome Celebrates His 57th Birthday Today / Meet MCGodwinFavour Who Started Singing At 10, Tours The Globe With His Talent / Can A King, Governor Or Senator Be A True Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.