Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG (739 Views)

Stop Hate Buhari Campaign, Pay Your Staff, Presidency Warns Ortom / Stop Hate Speech, Peter Obi Tells El-rufai / Buhari's Hate Action That Broke The Guiness Book Of Records In 1983 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by Lajet: 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2017
By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri A lawmaker in the Imo state House of Assembly, Mr. Mike Iheanatu, said Sunday, that if only people in authority would stop hate action that will end the issues of hate speeches. Iheanatu, stated this to Vanguard in Owerri.

It was gathered by Vanguard that on the day the 36 speakers of state Houses of Assembly, had a special session in the state, where they passed a motion condemning hate speech in the country, Iheanatu, raised his hand to speak but was not given the opportunity by the Imo speaker, Acho Ihim. According to the lawmaker, representing Aboh Mbaise state constituency, he was not against the condemnation of hate speech in Nigeria. In his opinion, “I was not opposing to say that hate speech is good. I wanted to add another leg to the motion to say that much as we

condemn hate speech, we should be able to know and realize that hate speech is a by product of hate action. Hate speech does not come on it’s own, something precipitate it and something propels it. “It is a kind of having a cause and effect relationship. Something causes something to happen. Hate speech is a by product of a hate action. So if you do not want a hate speech don’t introduce or precipitate a hate action. “For a example, the Nigeria we have today , I am a Nigeria. I support Nigeria as a sovereign nation. But we must not behave in a way that show we love some people and hate others.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/stop-hate-action-stop-hate-speech-nigeria-lawmaker-tells-fg/
Re: Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by jamesharryson(m): 2:57pm On Oct 01, 2017
They will not hear. They doesn't know that actions and reactions are equal and opposite...
They will beat a child and tell him not to cry. Where is it done.

#freedomofspeechmustreign

1 Like

Re: Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by DLuciano: 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
True talk, he that has ear let him hear what the elders have said.
Re: Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by cosby02(m): 3:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
Please who's FG....are they not part of the FG, does government include only Executives?
Re: Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by kclint85(m): 3:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
Abeg tell them make dem hear, them no kwn say person wey do anyhow de see anyhow, u can push a man & expect him not to fall
Re: Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by SweetJoystick(m): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
True
Re: Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by AlienRobot: 4:26pm On Oct 01, 2017
Loads of booshit
Re: Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by Nnabugwu8590: 4:35pm On Oct 01, 2017
Lajet:
By Chinonso Alozie, Owerri A lawmaker in the Imo state House of Assembly, Mr. Mike Iheanatu, said Sunday, that if only people in authority would stop hate action that will end the issues of hate speeches. Iheanatu, stated this to Vanguard in Owerri.

It was gathered by Vanguard that on the day the 36 speakers of state Houses of Assembly, had a special session in the state, where they passed a motion condemning hate speech in the country, Iheanatu, raised his hand to speak but was not given the opportunity by the Imo speaker, Acho Ihim. According to the lawmaker, representing Aboh Mbaise state constituency, he was not against the condemnation of hate speech in Nigeria. In his opinion, “I was not opposing to say that hate speech is good. I wanted to add another leg to the motion to say that much as we

condemn hate speech, we should be able to know and realize that hate speech is a by product of hate action. Hate speech does not come on it’s own, something precipitate it and something propels it. “It is a kind of having a cause and effect relationship. Something causes something to happen. Hate speech is a by product of a hate action. So if you do not want a hate speech don’t introduce or precipitate a hate action. “For a example, the Nigeria we have today , I am a Nigeria. I support Nigeria as a sovereign nation. But we must not behave in a way that show we love some people and hate others.”

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/10/stop-hate-action-stop-hate-speech-nigeria-lawmaker-tells-fg/
That is my quote: It is political to campaign against only HATE SPEECH without HATE ACTION; HATE SPEECH originates from HATE ACTION - Nnabugwu Kingsley Okwudili

#HateSpeech #HateAction
Re: Stop Hate Action To Stop Hate Speech In Nigeria, Lawmaker Tells FG by efighter: 4:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
jamesharryson:
They will not hear. They doesn't know that actions and reactions are equal and opposite...
They will beat a child and tell him not to cry. Where is it done.

#freedomofspeechmustreign

If the stubborn child keeps crying, we can kill the child.

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu: Come Out Of Hiding Or Resign; IPOB Youths / Evidence Of Media Pranks Against Okorocha By Naij.com / President Buhari Fires Maina, Queries Head Of Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.