Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) (3479 Views)

Ashura:Devout Shia Muslims using knives to cut open their heads (Graphic Images) / Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). / "Why Did You Leave Sunni Islam For Shia Islam?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by MrOlai: 9:03pm On Oct 01, 2017

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by MrOlai: 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2017
More

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by MrOlai: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2017
The vendors here sharpening the knives and swords for them to slash themselves.

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 01, 2017
This is not Islam, this not what Islam teaches. This is pure madness of the highest order.

1 Like

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by MrOlai: 9:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
MasViews:
This is not Islam, this not what Islam teaches. This is pure madness of the highest order.

Pure madness!

May Allah(SWT) guide them aright. (Amin)

1 Like

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 01, 2017
MrOlai:

Pure madness!
May Allah(SWT) guide them aright. (Amin)

Ameen thumma Ameen

1 Like

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by MrOlai: 9:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Imagine the innocent baby here, slashed by his misguided father! cry embarassed cry

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 01, 2017
dis are d people who make d unbelivers have bad tinz to say about Islam may Allah's wrath b upon d pple who tarnish d image of Islam

2 Likes

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by ladensmith(m): 9:41pm On Oct 01, 2017
Their ideology,their concern
Thank Allah i wasnt born into their midst....
Mohammed(s.a.w) i know, ashura i dont.
For those who wish to know little about ashura should read this:
Ashura is a Muslim religious celebration that falls on the tenth day of Muharram (the first month of the Islamic year) in the Islamic calendar.
This year, Ashura began on the evening of Friday, September 29, and ended on the evening of Saturday, September 30.
Islamic religious dates are tabular - they begin at sunset on the first evening and ends at sunset the second evening.
Ashura is a festival of remembrance in Islam - but Sunni and Shi’a Muslims celebrate for different reasons.
In Sunni Islam, Ashura follows the traditions of Judaism as Jewish people followed a day of fasting around this time of year (commemorating the parting of the Red Sea for Moses and his followers to escape the Pharaoh.)
The Prophet Muhammad thought that this tradition was worth following so he fasted and encouraged his followers to do the same.
On this day, Sunni Muslims fast and celebrate by reflecting, showing respect and thanks.
For Shi’a Muslims, Ashura is sacred as a day of remembrance of the death of the grandson of Muhammad.
Husayn ibn Ali was killed in the Battle of Karbala, and Shi’a Muslims passionately commemorate his death.
During Ashura, some Shi’a Muslims flog and beat themselves in parades to express their grief for Hussein’s suffering.
The Ashura is a public holiday in Afghanistan, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Azerbaijan, Turkey, Bahrain and Pakistan.
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Kagarko(m): 9:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
Senseless act perpetuated by the terrorist.

Oh Allah Thank You for the guidance for this can't be Islam that you sent to mankind to serve as Blessing.

1 Like

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by AlBaqir(m): 6:44am On Oct 02, 2017
MasViews:

Kagarko:
Senseless act perpetuated by the terrorist.

Oh Allah Thank You for the guidance for this can't be Islam that you sent to mankind to serve as Blessing.

# Alhamdulillah that you guys are people of reasoning. OBVIOUSLY the above acts and practices is nowhere associated with Islam. Those who engage in it are not terrorists rather they are SOME Shia Muslims acting practising EXTREMISM. Using this fraction to represent the whole of MILLIONS of world Shia Muslims is desperation and propaganda.

# ISIS, AL-QAEDA, BOKO HARAM et al with their barrage of atrocities profess SUNNI/SALAFI brand of Islam. Does that mean the whole of Sunni are terrorists or support terrorism?

# If western media were to report terrorism, they will say "the Islamist". You and I get furious at that. Isn't it? Good news, good deeds and good practices done by Muslims in Millions is not praise, is not broadcast BUT the heresy of " Islamist" who are fraction among the Muslims is joyously broadcast repetitively.

# Same goes for Shia commemorating Ashura. Millions don't practice tatbir or zanjir. To Shia enemies, that is not a news. However, the extreme practices that has no basis in any of Shi'i books of fiqh, is widely spread in the name of Shiism.

# Kindly read on Tatbir and Zanjir here:
www.nairaland.com/4085793/why-should-ban-tatbir-zanjir

www.nairaland.com/3395202/tatbir-flagellation-disturbing-innovation

# Attached pics below is Ashura commemoration in my Madrasa, in Qum.

You can watch video here, and read news here:
www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/10/01/537063/Islam-Shias-Ashura-Imam-Hussein-Iran-Karbala

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by ShaheedBinAliyu(m): 7:41am On Oct 02, 2017
U CUT YOURSELF WITH A KNIFE, U DIDNT CRY OR REGRET OR CARE . .because you think its a religious act . how will you c0mmiting suicide by bombing yourself will be hard? . , albaqir
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Aminu212: 9:13am On Oct 02, 2017
So by cutting my self will please Allah right?

Instead of sitting down doing istigfar, lailahaillah, salat annebi, i will be busy cutting my own self, CURSING people who are already cursed.

That's why Sufism still remains to be the best.
In it, they is peace and love for the creator and the created.

1 Like

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Demmzy15(m): 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
MrOlai:
The vendors here sharpening the knives and swords for them to slash themselves.
Chaiiiii!!!! AlBaqiruuuuu!!!! tongue

1 Like

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Demmzy15(m): 1:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
AlBaqir:

[s]

# Alhamdulillah that you guys are people of reasoning. OBVIOUSLY the above acts and practices is nowhere associated with Islam. Those who engage in it are not terrorists rather they are SOME Shia Muslims acting practising EXTREMISM. Using this fraction to represent the whole of MILLIONS of world Shia Muslims is desperation and propaganda.

# ISIS, AL-QAEDA, BOKO HARAM et al with their barrage of atrocities profess SUNNI/SALAFI brand of Islam. Does that mean the whole of Sunni are terrorists or support terrorism?

# If western media were to report terrorism, they will say "the Islamist". You and I get furious at that. Isn't it? Good news, good deeds and good practices done by Muslims in Millions is not praise, is not broadcast BUT the heresy of " Islamist" who are fraction among the Muslims is joyously broadcast repetitively.

# Same goes for Shia commemorating Ashura. Millions don't practice tatbir or zanjir. To Shia enemies, that is not a news. However, the extreme practices that has no basis in any of Shi'i books of fiqh, is widely spread in the name of Shiism.

# Kindly read on Tatbir and Zanjir here:
www.nairaland.com/4085793/why-should-ban-tatbir-zanjir

www.nairaland.com/3395202/tatbir-flagellation-disturbing-innovation

# Attached pics below is Ashura commemoration in my Madrasa, in Qum.

You can watch video here, and read news here:
www.presstv.ir/Detail/2017/10/01/537063/Islam-Shias-Ashura-Imam-Hussein-Iran-Karbala
[/s]
Your hypocrisy stinks, when it's Ashura time you begin to distinguish between Sunnis and Sunni terrorists just because you want to divide Shias who do tatbir from those who don't. But after Ashura, you begin to lump all Sunnis with terrorists especially those who are against, you automatically brand them terrorists.

Sense fall on you!

2 Likes

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Demmzy15(m): 1:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Aminu212:
So by cutting my self will please Allah right?

Instead of sitting down doing istigfar, lailahaillah, salat annebi, i will be busy cutting my own self, CURSING people who are already cursed.

That's why Sufism still remains to be the best.
In it, they is peace and love for the creator and the created.
Sufism was what actually brought about this cutting and face slapping. So Sufis are partly responsible, we have extremist Sufis who do other nasty acts.

1 Like

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by AlBaqir(m): 2:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
Demmzy15:
Your hypocrisy stinks, when it's Ashura time you begin to distinguish between Sunnis and Sunni terrorists just because you want to divide Shias who do tatbir from those who don't. But after Ashura, you begin to lump all Sunnis with terrorists especially those who are against, you automatically brand them terrorists.

Sense fall on you!

# Am actually talking to sensible individuals not liars and propagandists like you guys.

# Wallahi there's nothing stopping me to open a thread bringing all the cursed fatawa being used by ISIS, et al with the pictures and videos of their atrocities. But am not desperate or trying to score cheap point. Upon what? You guys have shown over time how abase you are.
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Demmzy15(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Am actually talking to sensible individuals not liars and propagandists like you guys.

# Wallahi there's nothing stopping me to open a thread bringing all the cursed fatawa being used by ISIS, et al with the pictures and videos of their atrocities. But am not desperate or trying to score cheap point. Upon what? You guys have shown over time how abase you are.
I hold you ni? Open it na! Common gerrout of here, continue beating and slapping your face. Fact is tatbir is part of Shiism and there's nothing you'll say about it that'll convince anyone here, as far as you claim to slap your chest then you have no right to criticize others who use other methods.

It's just like someone who beheads and another who hangs, the one who hangs criticizes the one that beheads because it's bloody, whereas in reality they're both inflicting pain and taking a life!

2 Likes

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by AlBaqir(m): 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2017
Demmzy15:
I hold you ni? Open it na! Common gerrout of here, continue beating and slapping your face. Fact is tatbir is part of Shiism and there's nothing you'll say about it that'll convince anyone here,

# Like I told you before, I am neither desperate nor seeking cheap points. If you think tatbir is part of Shiism, then expose it in our authentic books. Lobatan.
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by MrOlai: 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
The following are the Fatawa of 19 of the most Eminent Maraje’ of the Shi'a world
regarding the TA’ZIA or AZADARI for Imam Hussain peace be upon him
[the list below is not exhaustive, but it only enlists some of the eminent Maraje'.]

Al-Imam al-Sheikh Abdul Kareem al-Ha’ery

The Founder of the current Hawzah in the holy city of Qum.

“The hitting of swords on the heads (causing bleeding) is alright (allowed) provided there is no harm to the person doing this. Furthermore no one has the right to prohibit this (hitting the head with sword). In fact all kinds of TA’ZIAH – mourning – for SEYYED AL-SHUHADA’ – Imam Hussain – may our souls be sacrificed for him, are MUSTAHAB – desirable deeds.”

The above Fatwa by al-Imam al-Sheikh Abdul Kareem al-Ha’ery was endorsed and signed by the following eminent Maraje’:

• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Sheikh Muhammad al-Araki,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Muhammad Ridha al-Gulpaygani,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Shahab-el-Deen al-Mar’ashi al-Najafi,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Hassan al-Tabataba’e al-Qummi,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Muhammad al-Waheedi,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Mirza Jawaad al-Tabrizi,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Muhammad Saadiq al-Rouhani,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma Muhammad Mahdi al-Lankaroudi,

And many other Maraje’ and eminent scholars . . .

Al-Imam al-Sheikh Muhammad Hussain al-Naa’ini,

The teacher of the Maraje’ of the holy city of Najaf.

There is no doubt as to the permissibility of the beating of the chest and the face with the hands to the point of redness or blackness (of the chest or the face). This is also extended to the lashing of the shoulders and the back with chains to the extent mentioned (above), and even if this led to bleeding. As for causing the bleeding of the head by sword beating, this is also allowed provided it does not lead to endangering harm, such as unstoppable bleeding or harm to the scull, etc. as it is known amongst the experts in doing this (hitting on the head).”

The above Fatwa by al-Imam al-Sheikh Muhammad Hussain al-Naa’ini was endorsed and signed by the following eminent Maraje’:

• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Mohsen al-Hakim,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Muhammad Kaadhem al-Shari’atMadari,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Abd-el-A’la al-Sabzewary,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Abul-Qassim al-Kho’i,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Muhammad Ridha al-Gulpaygani,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Ali al-Hussaini al-Seestani,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid Muhammad Saadiq al-Rouhani,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Mirza Jawaad al-Tabrizi,
• Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Sheikh Hussain al-Waheed al-Khurasani,
And many other Maraje’ and eminent scholars . . .

Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid al-Kho’i

The former leader of the Hawzah of the holy city of Najaf.

Question: Is there any problem with causing the bleeding of the head – TATBIR – as it is practiced, to express one’s grief about the martyrdom of our Imam Hussain peace be upon him, assuming there is going to be no permanent harm?

Answer:
There is no problem with that, given the assumption made in the question, and Allah knows best.

Question:

You stated that there is no problem in causing the bleeding of the head – known as TATBIR – if it does not lead to harm. It is said that it is not more than a permissible act, then can TATBIR be MUSTAHAB – desirable – if the intention was the upholding and honouring the Sha’a’er – signs of Allah – and sympathy with the Ahl-ul-Bayt, peace be upon them?

Answer:
Most probably Allah Almighty would give thawab – reward (the individual) – for sympathising with the Ahl-ul-Bayt if the intention is sincere.

Ayatollah al-Udhma al-Seyyid al-Seestani

The current leader of the Hawzah of the holy city of Najaf.

Question:
What is the ruling regarding the lashing with chains, chest beating, and walking on fire on the occasion of mourning the martyrdom of Imam Hussain peace be upon him?

Answer:
If (these are) not associated with extreme harm or loss of limb, there is no objection.

Question:
What is the ruling regarding wearing black, and chest beating when commemorating the martyrdom of Imam Hussain peace be upon him, as well as other infallible Imams peace be upon them?

Answer:
This is permissible, and in fact this is regarded as one of the best means of seeking nearness to Allah, since it is upholding and honouring the Sha’a’er of Allah Almighty. [This is a reference to the Qur’anic Ayah 22:32. – translator.]
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by MrOlai: 4:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
^^^

AlBaqir:

# Like I told you before, I am neither desperate nor seeking cheap points. If you think tatbir is part of Shiism, then expose it in our authentic books. Lobatan.
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by AlBaqir(m): 5:05pm On Oct 02, 2017
MrOlai:
^^^

# Look at your life?! Where's your references? You even dare including a living marja in Ayatullah Ali Sistani in your desperate copy-paste list?! Ajib!

# Here's Sistani's English website, kindly show us where we can find his fatwa approving tatbir and zanjir:

www.sistani.org/english/
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Demmzy15(m): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
AlBaqir:

# Look at your life?! Where's your references? You even dare including a living marja in Ayatullah Ali Sistani in your desperate copy-paste list?! Ajib!

# Here's Sistani's English website, kindly show us where we can find his fatwa approving tatbir and zanjir:

www.sistani.org/english/
Na only sista mi u see there?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by AlBaqir(m): 6:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
Demmzy15:

# It is Sistani, not "sista mi".

# You have to read through the line. I asked for "references" generally.

# Pointing out Ayatullah Sistani is for two reasons:

1. He has an official websites easily accessible to all sundry. If a book is quoted, majority might not have access to the books, and indeed how many do have the resources to verify?!

2. At least 55% of Shia world follows the taqlid of Ayatullah al-Uzma Sistani. 40% follow Ayatullah Ali Khameini. So, whatever these two says count a lot.

# NB: Lastly, Shia do not follow a dead mar'ja in fiqh related issues. So, quoting a dead mar'ja do not hold water unless the living (success) continue holding same view as him (the dead).
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by MrOlai: 7:56pm On Oct 02, 2017
Demmzy15:

Don't mind the shameless human being!

Their Taqiya(deception) knows no bounds! He is trying to sweep the evidence under carpet.
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by AlBaqir(m): 8:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
MrOlai:

Don't mind the shameless human being!

Their Taqiya(deception) knows no bounds! He is trying to sweep the evidence under carpet.

# It is only fair that when a claim is made, it must be supported with sound evidence. This is the command of Allah and His Nabi. All I ask is evidence, and I even helped by providing an official website of most famous Shia marja you made mentioned of.

# This is not your first time of your silly propaganda. And in all cases, you are always been exposed.

# If I accuse your manhaj of terrorism for example, I will prove it not only from your books but also citing your known terrorist scholars and their terror fatawa.

# Kindly, show us shia authentic books of Hadith, fiqh that sanction tatbir that extremist shia practise today. Simple!
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Demmzy15(m): 8:32pm On Oct 02, 2017
AlBaqir:

1. He has an official websites easily accessible to all sundry. If a book is quoted, majority might not have access to the books, and indeed how many do have the resources to verify?!

2. At least 55% of Shia world follows the taqlid of Ayatullah al-Uzma Sistani. 40% follow Ayatullah Ali Khameini. So, whatever these two says count a lot.

# NB: Lastly, Shia do not follow a dead mar'ja in fiqh related issues. So, quoting a dead mar'ja do not hold water unless the living (success) continue holding same view as him (the dead).
You Shi'as just like concocting values and figures anyhow, anyways it's your consign. You provided a link in English and who told you it's all books and fatwas of scholars that are translated to English?
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by AlBaqir(m): 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2017
Demmzy15:
You Shi'as just like concocting values and figures anyhow, anyways it's your consign. You provided a link in English and who told you it's all books and fatwas of scholars that are translated to English?

# Here's the Arabic version:
www.sistani.org/arabic/

* The website has his books (from Old to latest) as well.

# And if it is Shia books that you are looking for, here is the best website:

www.alfeker.net
Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by Empiree: 8:59pm On Oct 02, 2017
undecided

Re: Ashura Day 2017: Shia Slash Themselves (Viewers Discretion Advised) by ikheAllah: 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2017
AlBaqir:

so you want to tell us if fatwa of one of your dead scholar favours you, and a living one condemn it, you won't use it.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Guidelines For Lawyers / To Whom Are The Deeds Of A Child Written? – Shaykh Ibn Baaz / xtains re Fast Asking abt Miracles,Here Are Miracles Performe By Prophet Mohd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.