Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

Dear Student: Are You Uncertain Of The Future? Here’s What To Do - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dear Student: Are You Uncertain Of The Future? Here’s What To Do (721 Views)

Dear Student Don't Decieve Yourself Education Does Not Pay In Nigeria / Dear Student: 2 Things That Are More Important Than The Certificate You Will Get / Uniport 2017/2018 Post Utme Student Are To Send Bank Details For Refund (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Student: Are You Uncertain Of The Future? Here’s What To Do by mubarak89(m): 6:58am On Oct 02, 2017
If you are one of the many Nigerian students who are quite uncertain of the future, if the stories about the rate of unemployment in Nigeria makes you jittery and causes you to worry about 'life after school'.

If you are a little bit afraid of what the future holds because you’ve got no connections or because you don’t have a rich uncle who can fix you up after you graduate, then you need to pay attention.

I used to be in such position only a few years ago but it changed after I realized what I needed to do. That which I realized and did is what I am asking you to do too; it will help you a great deal:

#1. Believe you will make it
This might sound cliché but it is indeed the first step to overcoming any fears. To believe means to build a mindset that says “my situation will be different despite the odds”.

Believe that success is possible for you because it has been possible for a good number of persons who were even more disadvantaged than you are.

When you believe, your mindset will change from that of a victim and a looser to that of a winner. It will turn you to a positive and optimistic person.

That’s what you need to start with.

#2. Ensure you graduate well
This is the most important thing you need to do. Make sure you graduate well. Make sure you go through school and finish well. This is all you need. It is the key.

Believing that all will be well is not enough; you need to finish school well.

Asides believing you can make it, you need to take certain steps, do certain things, act in some ways, and in fact, you might need to change certain attitudes, develop some habits, change your friends or even make new ones, and so on.

You need to start taking actions that will ensure you graduate well.

##############
Source: http://graduatewell.com.ng/dose/1
Re: Dear Student: Are You Uncertain Of The Future? Here’s What To Do by jakD: 7:00am On Oct 02, 2017
Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Student: Are You Uncertain Of The Future? Here’s What To Do by mubarak89(m): 7:21am On Oct 02, 2017
jakD:
Thank you.
You're welcome jakD. Glad you find it useful
Re: Dear Student: Are You Uncertain Of The Future? Here’s What To Do by mubarak89(m): 3:34pm On Oct 02, 2017
Over 100 views & nobody is saying anything?
C'mon people! Tell me what you think; say something & let's discuss and share ideas
Re: Dear Student: Are You Uncertain Of The Future? Here’s What To Do by casspersteve: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
true talk bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Student: Are You Uncertain Of The Future? Here’s What To Do by mubarak89(m): 5:26am On Oct 04, 2017
casspersteve:
true talk bro

Thanks! grin

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike / School Fees Payment / Am Confused On The Course To Study In University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.