Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

Some Of The Events That Took Place In The Past On October 1 - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Some Of The Events That Took Place In The Past On October 1 (658 Views)

1st White Wedding In Nigeria Took Place In Ibani Kingdom(bonny&opobo Kingdom)pix / For The Events Coming Come Soon, We Have Got You Covered. / Some Of The Events That Took Place In The Past On October 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Events That Took Place In The Past On October 1 by liltee123(m): 8:57am On Oct 02, 2017
Nigeria my beloveth country is now 57 years old, The lord of creation has directed our noble course, He has guide our leaders right for the past 57 years, He has help our youths to know for the past 57 years, Lets peace and unity be our core value, with these we are stronger than the external forces.

October 1 is set to be a great day because it was on this day alot of history took place, Nigeria gained her independence on October 1. Some of the event that unfold on October 1 are listed below;

On October 1, heroes were born, because it was on this day Alexander The Great defeats Darius III of Persia in the Battle of Gaugamela in 331 BC.

On this day, 366 St Damasus I begins his reign as Catholic Pope.

On this day, 911 During a siege in Constantinople, the Theotokos (Mary, the mother of Jesus) appeared at the church in Blachernae holding her veil over the praying faithful, among them St. Andrew of Constantinople.

on 959 Edgar I, the Peaceful, becomes king of all England, also in 965 John XIII Crescentii elected to succeed Pope Leo VIII
In 1273 Earl Rudolf van Habsburg becomes Roman Catholic-German king
In 1569 Duke of Norfolk arrested by Queen Elizabeth I for conspiring to marry Mary Queen of Scots.

In 1833 Charles Darwin, the naturalist reaches Rio Tercero Argentina
In 1847 German inventor and industrialist Werner von Siemens founds Siemens AG & Halske.

In 1908 Henry Ford introduces the Model T car which costs $825. etc.

Yes, October 1, is a day some history took place.

May God be with us, God bless Nigeria.

http://www.teevibeblog.com.ng/2017/10/some-of-events-that-took-place-in-past.html

(1) (Reply)

Lets Build Your Marquee ,tent, Danpalon Shades. For Event Centres ,hotels Etc. / Straight Talk On Wedding Planning / Easter Event - Battle Of Da Mcs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.