Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Disadvantages Of Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Disadvantages Of Religion (3891 Views)

Women Need To Throw Away The Shackles Of Religion / The Prison Of Yahweh And Other 'gods' Of Religion / Thank God For Slavery- A Case Of Religion Turning Blacks To Fools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Disadvantages Of Religion by Ericsunday619: 9:05am On Oct 02, 2017
Disadvantages or Demerits of Religion

1. Religion has also supported at times such practices as cannibalism, suicide, incest, murder slavery and is responsible for many aberrations in social behavior.

2. It created hatred and war between people belonging to different religions.

3. Religion made people believers in their destiny and people did not make efforts to improve their lot.

4. Religions created an idle class of people viz. priests whose only aim in life was to preach religion. They lived like parasites in society and lot of power and esteem.

5. Religion has most of the times, resisted the spread of modern scientific though and has regarded various products or scientific research as tools devil.

6. Religion is also responsible to large extent for corruption in the society, particularly in priestly class.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Myde4naija(m): 9:08am On Oct 02, 2017
Yea thought, and it doesn't really count
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Ericsunday619: 9:09am On Oct 02, 2017
Myde4naija:
Yea thought, and it doesn't really count
cheesy meaning
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Makaveli08: 9:15am On Oct 02, 2017
All religions?
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by iliyande(m): 9:18am On Oct 02, 2017
And when trace your educational background, religion plays a key role in it too.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Myde4naija(m): 9:23am On Oct 02, 2017
Ericsunday619:
cheesy meaning
meaning you are very wrong. Religion doesn't bring all the negativity you talked about.
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by SOFTENGR: 9:28am On Oct 02, 2017
Every human has a religion.

Even atheism is a religion.
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by GoodMuyis(m): 9:31am On Oct 02, 2017
Ericsunday619:
cheesy meaning

You are a nonentity who just appear on Nairaland with old questions that had being dealt with and trashed

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 02, 2017
SOFTENGR:

Abeg go sit down under a palm tree. You're better off tapping palm wine. You do not know what the word "religion" means.
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by correctguy101(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2017
SOFTENGR:
For real? SMH Pray tell how and please attach what you think"religion" is.

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by correctguy101(m): 10:00am On Oct 02, 2017
GoodMuyis:

You are a nonentity who just appear on Nairaland with old questions that had being dealt with and trashed

Lwkmd

Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 02, 2017
GoodMuyis:

HYPOCRITE!

When I said this few months ago:

Tearless: grin Post your rubbish from now till the next century, it won't change the sad fact that Christianity has an exploitable loophole that cannever be circumvented, which makes the religion extraordinarily stupid, remarkably ridiculous, and unavoidably evil. tongue

Whatever the meaning of "whatever a man sows, he shall reap" might be, it certainly DOESN'T MEAN that God won't forgive me if I commit the most GRATUITIOUS EVIL conceivable, as long as I REPENT! At least, not according to CHRISTIANITY. Well, except, surprise, surprise, I'm guilty of the UNPARDONABLE crime of blashpheming against the Holy Spirit, which is the GREATEST SIN in Christianity. Imagine how stupid_, stomach-churning, nauseating and ridiculous that is! cheesy

You can't fuck_ with me by rubbing your own convenient but lame interpretation of Christianity on my face, dude. I was once a Christian, and was well-informed about my religion, so you can't lecture me about it. I know what Christianity IS! grin

Do you know how you responded?

This was your response:

GoodMuyis:

You can still discuss OR argue without raising insult, except you are an unreasonable fellow. If someone offend you, manage yourself well while replying others.

--End of story

Now, judge yourself by your own words.
Tozara

2 Likes

Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by vaxx: 10:44am On Oct 02, 2017
Ericsunday619:
Disadvantages or Demerits of Religion

1. Religion has also supported at times such practices as cannibalism, suicide, incest, murder slavery and is responsible for many aberrations in social behavior.

2. It created hatred and war between people belonging to different religions.

3. Religion made people believers in their destiny and people did not make efforts to improve their lot.

4. Religions created an idle class of people viz. priests whose only aim in life was to preach religion. They lived like parasites in society and lot of power and esteem.

5. Religion has most of the times, resisted the spread of modern scientific though and has regarded various products or scientific research as tools devil.

6. Religion is also responsible to large extent for corruption in the society, particularly in priestly class.
what about its advantage?
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by SOFTENGR: 11:25am On Oct 02, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Abeg go sit down under a palm tree. You're better off tapping palm wine. You do not know what the word "religion" means.
Stop being narrow minded.
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2017
SOFTENGR:
Stop being narrow minded.
Come and widen it for me! cheesy
Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Ericsunday619: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Come and widen it for me! cheesy
grin all this rebellious Christians

1 Like

Re: Disadvantages Of Religion by Niflheim(m): 9:46am On Feb 15, 2018
@op,

They also encourage people to eat grass!!!

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Celebrate Christmas? / Can One Combine God's Calling With A Secular Job? / 7 Reasons Why Christian Brothers & Sisters Should Remain Virgins Until Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.