Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Nigeria Should Really Divide - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Should Really Divide (1151 Views)

(in Pics) Why The Igbos Should Really Stop This Biafra Issue / Should Biafrans Really Divide Nigeria? If Yes, Your Opinion Pls / Should Biafrans Really Divide Nigeria? If Yes, Your Opinion Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Should Really Divide by jumobi1(m): 10:50pm On Mar 06, 2010
If the best way to govern Nigeria(according to PDP and other political parties) in relative peace is by shifting presidential regimes from zone to zone after eight years, then is it not obvious Nigeria needs to break up? Democracy is ideally about nominating the best candidates and letting the people choose. Nigeria's progress is being restricted when we have to limit our choices to a Northern president for 8years and then a southern president for another 8years.
If Jonathan does a great job but can't run again, what happens?
He might switch parties if he doesn't mind dying but we know PDP would rig.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by vigasimple(m): 11:15pm On Mar 06, 2010
I happen to follow your logic.

If the pDP think rotational Presidency is good, why can't we have North and South go their separate ways so that they in the north can have Northern President over their own people for ever.

Because if the President in the last 35years out of 50 years has been from the North, the argument of equal sharing from the north fly out of the window, plus they have been incapable and incompetent all those years.

I don't want an incapable and incompetent person like YAR A'LIAR to lead me. He does not care about 150million Nigerians. Sheu Shagari did this in 1983.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by kosovo(m): 11:39pm On Mar 06, 2010
@jumobi1
   I am afraid i can not espouse to your school of thought neither can i hypothecate to your Ideology.

To say that Nigeria should divide at the Point of her diminutive Democracy is ostensibly not in the Right Direction. Division can not and will Never solve the Problems of this Nation, what should be our envision is how to tackle the teensy-weensy conundrum associated with tribalism, ethnocentrism, fondness, religious demagogy and political chauvinism.

If we Can achieve that, i see no reason why many Nigerians won't be able to bring home the becon.

It would be tragicomical, atrocious and flagitious if we Let this Nation disintegrate. Disaster would be an understatement. We must fulfill and effectuate the Dreams of our founding Fathers. Their efforts must not be wasted.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by Igwe9(m): 12:01am On Mar 07, 2010
kosovo:

@jumobi1
I am afraid i can not espouse to your school of thought neither can i hypothecate to your Ideology.

To say that Nigeria should divide at the Point of our diminutive Democracy is ostensibly not in the Right Direction. Division can not and will Never solve the Problems of this Nation, what should be our envision is how to tackle the teensy-weensy conundrum associated with tribalism, ethnocentrism, fondness, religious demagogy and political chauvinism.

If we Can achieve that, i see no reason why many Nigerians won't be able to bring home the becon.

It would be tragicomical, atrocious and flagitious if we Let this Nation disintegrate. Disaster would be an understatement. We must fulfill and effectuate the Dreams of our founding Fathers. Their efforts must not be wasted.
and what do you think of it when all these are practically unachievable, don't you think that breaking up is imminent at that juncture?
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by Onlytruth(m): 12:51am On Mar 07, 2010
kosovo:

@jumobi1

To say that Nigeria should divide at the Point of her diminutive Democracy is ostensibly not in the Right Direction. Division can not and will Never solve the Problems of this Nation, what should be our envision is how to tackle the teensy-weensy conundrum associated with tribalism, ethnocentrism, fondness, religious demagogy and political chauvinism.

It would be[b] tragicomical, atrocious and flagitious[/b] if we Let this Nation disintegrate. Disaster would be an understatement. We must fulfill and effectuate the Dreams of our founding Fathers. Their efforts must not be wasted.

Ha! Oga Kosovo. Supu! cool cool cool By way supu means "speak grammar" in Igbo.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by ezeagu(m): 1:18am On Mar 07, 2010
kosovo:

@jumobi1

Why Nigerians, why do you do it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .? [size=5pt]Speak English past Englishman.[/size]
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by jumobi1(m): 1:42am On Mar 07, 2010
Your Honorable, which founding fathers? Are you talking about the British that created Nigeria? I don't care about any founding father's dream. That was the past. These are different times. Nigeria has had 50 years to fix itself and learn from other countries lessons but we didn't. I am tired joh.

kosovo:

@jumobi1

Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by nyabingi(m): 2:46am On Mar 07, 2010
Let us for once tell ourselves the truth, there is disunity in the country and the different leaders representing their regions do not trust themselves. I believe that the practical thing is to convene a sovereign national conference, a round table discussion where everybody will make their opinions and grievances known, it would also be an opportunity for the people to determine the conditions for co existence. If its agreed that the nation should disintegrate, then so be it.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by abadaba(m): 2:47am On Mar 07, 2010
kosovo:

@jumobi1

From all indications, from all calculations, I can triumphantly conclude that Mr KOSOVO is the same Patrick ,the honourable at N/A.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by EzeUche(m): 3:39am On Mar 07, 2010
abadaba:

From all indications, from all calculations, I can triumphantly conclude that Mr KOSOVO is the same Patrick ,the honourable at N/A.

Anyone and I mean anyone can use a thesaurus! It is not hard for someone to use. So stop coming up with asinine assumptions, because using 'big' words does not equate to intelligence.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by kosovo(m): 6:38am On Mar 07, 2010
EzeUche:

Anyone and I mean anyone can use a thesaurus! It is not hard for someone to use. So stop coming up with asinine assumptions, because using 'big' words does not equate to intelligence.

Unfortunately, i have never used a thesaurus cheesy. During my secondary school days, i spent over 2 two hours with the Dictionary everyday, so saying anytime i want to post, i most likely use a thesaurus is absolutely Ridiculous. grin
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by princekevo(m): 8:06am On Mar 07, 2010

Oh C'mon this is an old gospel, preached by our great, great grand fathers, grand fathers and our fathers, yet Nigeria is even going from good to worst. If after 96years of Amalgamation your envision is still how to tackle the teensy-weensy conundrum(as u put it) you mentioned above, it should be enough reason for any wise person to concluded that the Amalgamation was nothing but a failure. Let us stop deceiving ourself Nigeria can never be one and even in the next 1000 years to come it shall never be.

It came to a time Europe, USSR and others saw disintegration as a way forwards. Today they have united in diversities to form a stronger and powerful Union(EU). The British that brought us together was for their own selfish reasons, they knew all that u mentioned are inevitable in their newly found country(Nigeria), but to them it was a strategy to manipulate and control many nation under one umbrella called Nigeria. The inevitable, tribalism, religious demagogy and political chauvinism(as u call it) served as an advantage to them.

Listen let me tell you, in case you never knew. All these decisions and Amalgamation was base on the fact that u were nothing less than a Monkey, You can never think rationally like them, you were a lesser being to them and worth nothing but to be their slave, you don't even know anything good for urself, as such they had to make all decisions for u either for ur best interest or theirs. I wonder why we, a civilised Era still hold on to the judgement of people who had such inhuman way of reasoning, people who dealt with our great grand fathers in such a deceptive manner, knowing that they can easily be deceived and convinced into accepting whatever decision they make for them. To me the 1914 Amalgamation was a big Fraud, and that is wht we are suffering today. The suffer will continue until we come together to do the right thing for our own interest as against the interest of people who made themselves our Task masters. A task master had never and will never make any right decision for ur best interest, but for his.

We must fulfill and effectuate the Dreams of our founding Fathers. Their efforts must not be wasted.
. Kosovo, are you a British? coz Lord Lugard was never a Nigerian, but a Task Master from Britain. So is better for you to change that founding fathers to our founding masters.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by slap1(m): 9:23am On Mar 07, 2010
@kosovo. If u are sure you did not consult ur dictionary till u finished this then, kudos. But if u did, I still nod in approval.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by edoyad(m): 1:34pm On Mar 07, 2010
Even if Nigeria were to remain one the best option would be something akin to the UK but with more autonomy to the various states.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by Justcash(m): 7:24pm On Mar 07, 2010
Staying together is not an option.

Disintegration is the Answer.

Anyone that is dying to have Nigeria as one is definitely going to recieve some strokes of cane from the devil in hell for committing suicide.

Isn't it clear enough that we are not one! Why all these statements to prove that Nigeria needs to remain one? Why must we be one?
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by formunt(m): 7:41pm On Mar 07, 2010
Am convinced in my mind that this is the answer, how do I start proving this to the north.
Re: Nigeria Should Really Divide by nyabingi(m): 11:59am On Mar 09, 2010
Nigeria has never in any time been one and can never be one no matter how we continue to patch, lets stop deceiving ourselves at least the latest terrorist attacks on Christians by the Fulani heard men in Jos is a strong proof, the country is simply a mistake on thew part of the British that amalgamated the region for their selfish gains , the late Obafemi Awolowo called it a geographical experiment and that is what it is.

(1) (Reply)

The Niger Delta Is An Ecological Disaster Of Incredible Proportions / Machete Attacks In Ilorin? / Christmas Day Bomb Suspect, Kabiru Sokoto Re-arested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.