Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

My Concept Of Literature By Omójuwúrà - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Concept Of Literature By Omójuwúrà (554 Views)

CHAINED with DIAMONDS (Breaking the Rules of Literature) ALL IN ONE / Ikeogu Oke's Dressing To Collect His N36m NLNG Prize For Literature In Lagos / Wole Soyinka Receiving The Nobel Award For Literature In 1986(throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Concept Of Literature By Omójuwúrà by Kindoo: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2017
LITERATURE
Literature is written (drama, prose, poetry) and unwritten (song, dance, painting) work of art.

CREATIVE LITERATURE OF NOW
I define literature as a platform available to unleash potential by maximizing one's creative power by the use of imagination or experience to create and create a 'new world' represented in picture, painted by artistic words shapped into various genres.
Literature is beyond putting words together, it is creating a define picture with it, to serve a purpose, define purpose.

USING YOUR CREATIVE POWER
Literature has great power as it deals in words, words are powerful, it is the power with which the world was made. Over the years, it had been mined and there are still more to mine. The creative power can be channel to fulfil many purposes beyond what might had been done.

-Entertain.This is a must feature of every work of art. It is first to entertain.
-Inform and educate
-Motivate and inspire
-Share your view
-Expose the culture and tradition of your land
-Instruct and correct
-Change and replace.
Literature is wide. It is like a raw field of word, where art creators can create in their varied capacities. It can go a long in this century where there is always a quest for a change, where many have inner thirsts for different solution.

IMPACTING ART ('i-art')
(My Concept - OmÓjuwúrà)
Just as science is applied and it makes the world a better place as in technology, so also, literature should be applied to make the world a better place - with the use of created character, artistic words to solve human problems. This applied work of literature do not show or tell of the society what it happening in her alone, but it goes further to bring a way out and if it be good reflection, it should also show way of preservation.
Literature should be made to go a long way effecting changes, though it might have been doing that over the years, it should get to a level where creative work of art is desired by all because of it effect on the people just as the product of technology is being desired by all.
This is what I call impacting art, 'i-art'. It is simply, works of art effecting a reality change, in different sectors of human life. Here, words are moulded together to create artistic works, that will help fill a vacum, change destructive mentality, re-orientate, motivate, encourage, inform, educate.
I ask,
What if every creative work of art contains a solution, an idea to make the world a better place, a concept that provoke a change, information that to get over challenges and more yet the people still get entertained, won't litrature be desirable?

People will look forward to new work of art, strive to get it for they know in it lies something for them.
In the world of 'i-art', a book is equal to an idea, solution, motivation, re-orientation in the most effective way, it brings about a needed change. A reader is able to see his or herself and get touched. 'i-art' get close to human, know them, get their needs and meet it.

Creative writers of NOW, should look forward toward achieving 'real' purpose in our society. I mean things applicable to people lives in their writting. This goes beyond art audience alone, anyone looking for a solution, idea, should be able to fall on literature and get a way out.
That is why defining question should always be asked to define your work before writing.
Clue;
Before you start writing, ask yourself and answer sincerely.
1. What is the purpose of my new work?
Answer................................,......................
2. How do I intend to achieve it in my new work?
Answer...........................................................
When you have ansewered the question sincerely, you can go ahead with your work planning, writing out the outline. All will revolve round the purpose and at the end, you have succeeded in reaching to a nation, a set of people.

Creative world of art should be a desire of all because of the treasure that are in it, created by writer or other creator of other works of art.

Visit
Www.stality..com

(1) (Reply)

My Near 'drop Out' Experience.(non-fiction) / King Of Heaven / Betrayed By Her Own Best Friend!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.