Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,130 members, 7,860,061 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:50 AM

Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) (728 Views)

Rhema For Living Devotional 2023 / Rhema For Living Devotional (Back Online) / Rhema For Living Devotional 2018 By Ken Macaulay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 2:53pm On Oct 02, 2017
Sunday, October 1st.
Bible Covenants (Edenic).

"And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die". (Genesis 2:16-17).

A covenant can be defined as an agreement between two or more parties with promises by one or both parties made under oath. Some covenants are based on one or both parties meeting certain conditions while others are completely unconditional. There are are several covenants in the Bible made between God and man while a couple of others were made between two or more people. We will however limit our study to the different covenants God made with man in different dispensations.

The first covenant God made with Adam and every living thing was in the Garden of Eden and it is referred to as Edenic covenant. This was made before the fall of man. This covenant contained some blessings, provisions, instructions and commandments. Immediately after man was created, God blessed man saying, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth". (Genesis 1:28).

He also made provision for the daily meal both of man and animals when he said, "Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was". (Genesis 1:29-30).

The covenant also included certain instructions that spelt out the responsibility of Adam. They were; First, to dress the garden. Adam was given a job to do. Second, to keep or guard the garden. It was his responsibility to protect the garden.

Then, he was commanded by God; "... Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die". (Genesis 2:16-17). The commandments thus brought a conditional element to the covenant.

Adam however disobeyed God and ended this covenant. He was driven out from the Garden of Eden so that he will not eat of the tree of life and live forever. If he was allowed access to the tree of life, redemption would have been impossible for mankind. Tomorrow, we will discuss the Adamic covenant which God entered with mankind immediately after the fall of man and the consequences of the fall.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Covenant keeping God, I extol your mighty name. Fulfill the good pleasure of your will in my life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: As you live by the word of God, I see God confirming his word in your life in the name of Jesus. None of his good promises concerning you shall fail in the name of Jesus. God's ability is at work in you to do uncommon things in the name of Jesus. Every chain of darkness holding you down is broken in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Genesis 3:1-8; Hosea 6:7.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 89-91; Revelation 8-11.

Monday, October 2nd.
Bible Covenants (Adamic). - 1.

"And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life". (Genesis 3:17).

Immediately after the fall of man, God entered into another covenant with the serpent, the woman and Adam which is referred to as the Adamic covenant. It is an unconditional covenant. To the serpent, he said, "And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel". (Genesis 3:14-15).

The last verse is of particular interest. It actually announced God's redemption plan for mankind. The seed of the woman is Jesus judging by the way he was born. Usually, the seed that gives life to new soul is in man and not in woman. This covenant thus signified a birth that has nothing to do with natural biological process. And this was fulfilled through Mary who was a virgin at the time of the birth. So, our redemption was not a thing of accident, it was planned for immediately after the fall. The serpent represents the devil himself in this context. And this covenant was fulfilled in Christ. The serpent head was bruised when Jesus defeated Satan and rose from the dead.

The covenant with the physical serpent altered its nature. The serpent was cursed and cause to walk on its belly. That means, it lost all his legs. We are not told exactly how many legs he had before the curse.

To the woman, God said, "I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee". (Genesis 3:16). This judgment on the women is the reason for extreme pain during child birth. It was also at this point women became subordinate to their husbands. Tomorrow, we will look at what God said to Adam in this unconditional covenant.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I thank you father for the redemption I have in Christ Jesus. I am therefore redeemed from the power of darkness and its evil schemes in the name of Jesus. In Christ Jesus, I have been justified and have become part of the new race started by the last Adam, Jesus.

Prophecies: You are a shining star and your light will never grow dim in the name of Jesus. His grace is at work in your life to give you effortless victories in the name of Jesus. God will not give you over to the evil plots of wicked and unreasonable men and women in the name of Jesus. You will rule and reign in the midst of your enemies in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Timothy 2:14; Romans 5:12.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 92-94; Revelation 12-14.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
Tuesday, October 3rd.
Bible Covenants (Adamic). - 2.

"And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life". (Genesis 3:17).

We said yesterday that the Adamic covenant was the covenant God entered with the serpent, the woman and Adam who is the representative of the human race. We have discussed the terms of the unconditional covenant he had with the serpent and the woman. Today, we will look at the terms of his covenant with Adam.

First, God cursed the ground for Adam's sake as contained in the opening text. He couldn't curse Adam because he was already blessed. In addition, he told Adam, "in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (Genesis 3:17-19). This is the reason man has to work hard to earn a living. However, the sorrow element of the covenant has been taken away in Christ.

Adam also died the very day he ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The death was a spiritual one as he still lived on for hundreds of years. However, it was this spiritual death that led to the physical death. And all mankind are affected by this act of disobedience. As the Scripture says, "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned". (Romans 5:12). So, after death, the physical body decomposes back to dust where it came from.

Perhaps, the worst consequences of Adam's disobedience was the fact that he brought himself under the dominion of Satan. On account of this transgression, Satan became the god of this present world system till date. Jesus has however defeated Satan and all those in Christ are no longer under his dominion. Our final redemption is the redemption of our bodies which will be changed from corruptible to incorruptible at the appearing of our Lord Jesus to take his church home.

Prayer and Confession of Faith. Merciful father, I thank you for redeeming me from the dominion of darkness. I thank you also for the new life I have in Christ Jesus. I have the very life of God flowing in my vein that cannot be dominated by sickness or death in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: I declare that the peace of God will rule and reign in your heart and in your home in the name of Jesus. The God that led the Jews through the wilderness will guide you even through the most difficult moments of your life in the name of Jesus. He will supply your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Corinthians 15:45; Romans 5:17.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 95-97; Revelation 15-17.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 11:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
Tuesday, October 3rd.
Bible Covenants (Adamic). - 2.

We said yesterday that the Adamic covenant was the covenant God entered with the serpent, the woman and Adam who is the representative of the human race. We have discussed the terms of the unconditional covenant he had with the serpent and the woman. Today, we will look at the terms of his covenant with Adam.

First, God cursed the ground for Adam's sake as contained in the opening text. He couldn't curse Adam because he was already blessed. In addition, he told Adam, "in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return. (Genesis 3:17-19). This is the reason man has to work hard to earn a living. However, the sorrow element of the covenant has been taken away in Christ.

Adam also died the very day he ate the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. The death was a spiritual one as he still lived on for hundreds of years. However, it was this spiritual death that led to the physical death. And all mankind are affected by this act of disobedience. As the Scripture says, "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned". (Romans 5:12). So, after death, the physical body decomposes back to dust where it came from.

Perhaps, the worst consequences of Adam's disobedience was the fact that he brought himself under the dominion of Satan. On account of this transgression, Satan became the god of this present world system till date. Jesus has however defeated Satan and all those in Christ are no longer under his dominion. Our final redemption is the redemption of our bodies which will be changed from corruptible to incorruptible at the appearing of our Lord Jesus to take his church home.

Prayer and Confession of Faith. Merciful father, I thank you for redeeming me from the dominion of darkness. I thank you also for the new life I have in Christ Jesus. I have the very life of God flowing in my vein that cannot be dominated by sickness or death in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: I declare that the peace of God will rule and reign in your heart and in your home in the name of Jesus. The God that led the Jews through the wilderness will guide you even through the most difficult moments of your life in the name of Jesus. He will supply your needs according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Corinthians 15:45; Romans 5:17.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 95-97; Revelation 15-17.

Wednesday, October 4th.
Bible Covenants (Noahic).

"And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done". (Genesis 8:21).

Immediately after the destruction of the earth through the flood that came as a result of the 40 days and 40 nights rainfall, Noah offered an uncommon sacrifice to God - Genesis 8:20. God was well pleased with the offering such that he made unconditional promises to Noah which formed part of his covenant with Noah.

The first provision of this covenant is of particular interest. The curse on the ground which was laid as a result of Adam's transgression was reversed. So, any crop planted could now have a good yield. In addition, he said he will no longer destroy every living thing the way he did through the flood.

Other provisions includes; 1. Proclamation of blessing upon Noah and his sons. He said unto them, "Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth". (Genesis 9:1). 2. The fear of Noah and his dread shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea - Genesis 9:2. Thus, we are not supposed to dread wild animals like lions and tigers. The opposite should be the norm.

3. Permission to eat meat but prohibited from eating fresh meat with blood - Genesis 9:3-4. 4. Murder was prohibited and anyone who murdered will also be murdered - Genesis 9:5-6.

God further stressed his resolve not to destroy the earth with flood again and gave a token or a sign to remind him of this covenant. And this token is the rainbow in the cloud.

We see how a quality seed offering provoked God to enter into an unconditional covenant with Noah. There are however signs that this age will soon pass away as the rainbow seldom appears these days and the recent flooding and destruction of lives is a pointer to this truth. Embrace the gospel now and save yourself from the coming wrath of God. This time around, it will no longer be through flood but by fire.

Prayer and Confession of Faith. Dear Father, I appreciate your mercy upon mankind which you showed when you reversed the curse on the ground. On account of the covenant you had with Noah, my life is preserved from destruction through flood. I pray that you will continue to be faithful to this covenant till the day that Jesus comes and take us home in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: In the period of famine, your needs shall be met in the name of Jesus. You will receive uncommon favour in your place of work in the name of Jesus. You will locate the right spouse that will not be a torment to you in the name of Jesus. Your children will bring honour to you and not shame in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Genesis 9:1-17; Isaiah 54:9.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 98-100; Revelation 18-20.

Thursday, October 5th.
Bible Covenants (Abrahamic).

"And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed". (Genesis 12:2-3).

A few hundreds of years after the flood, God called Abraham who is a descendant of Shem, one of the sons of Noah, and gave him a seven fold unconditional promises. They are; 1. I will make of thee a great nation. 2. I will bless thee. 3 And make thy name great; 4. And thou shalt be a blessing: 5. And I will bless them that bless thee. 6. And curse him that curseth thee: 7. And in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

This covenant established both the foundation for the nation of Isreal and the Church. It should be noted that at the time of the covenant, Abraham had no child of his own and he was 75 years old when God called him.

God further reiterated his promise after Lot his nephew separated from him. He told him, "...Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever. And I will make thy seed as the dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth, then shall thy seed also be numbered". (Genesis 13:14-16).

This promise in a broader perspective actually refers to the church and the land refers to the whole earth. There was no boundary specified for the land he promised him. Abraham is to get as far as he could see. His seed also is to be as the dust that no one could number. This obviously refers to the Church as the physical nation of Isreal can be numbered. But the Church cannot be numbered. Before you complete numbering, new souls have entered the kingdom. Tomorrow, we will throw more light on this powerful covenant that includes both the nation of Isreal and the Church.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Dear heavenly father, I am thankful for including me in the covenant you made with Abraham. I am the faith seed of Abraham and I therefore declare that his blessing rest on me in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You will possess your possessions in the name of Jesus. God will turn your wilderness into a fruitful field in the name of Jesus. God will direct your destiny helpers to you and lift you up to glorious heights in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Romans 4:13-16; Galatians 3:29.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 101-103; Revelation 21-22.

Friday, October 6th.
Bible Covenants (Abrahamic). - 2.

"And he said unto Abram, Know of a surety that thy seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; And also that nation, whom they shall serve, will I judge: and afterward shall they come out with great substance". (Genesis 15:13-14).

In the process of time as Abrahem continued his journey of faith with God that God actually cut a blood covenant with Abraham to guarantee him that the promised land will be his. Part of the covenant provision spelt out the path he has designed for his seed to follow. He told Abraham that his seed shall be a stranger in a land that is not theirs, and shall serve them; and they shall afflict them four hundred years; and afterward shall they come out with great substance.

This is an interesting provision that certainly don't make sense to the natural man. Why would you permit a chosen race to go through affliction of unequaled magnitude? The truth of the matter is that challenges brings out the best in man. The affliction the Jews went through in Egypt turned them into scientists and best engineers of all time. The task masters gave them task that seemed impossible and in the process of thinking a way to accomplish them, they made discoveries. It should be noted that most of the early inventions in history where done by the Jews. And Egypt was the training ground.

So, if God allows you to pass through certain circumstances, it's because of the great plans he has for you. There are opportunities in most adversities we face in life. See the challenges as stepping stones rather than stumbling blocks.

At the end of the day, the covenant was cut and Abraham was to keep his own part of the covenant through circumcision of every male child born or bought with money. Several years later, the Jews actually spent about 430 years in Egypt before they were delivered by the hand of Moses. And God judged the nation of Isreal according to the provision of the covenant. The Jews also came out with great substance. As it is written, "And the LORD gave the people favour in the sight of the Egyptians, so that they lent unto them such things as they required. And they spoiled the Egyptians". (Exodus 12:36).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Covenant keeping God, I bless you for your faithfulness to your promises. In just the way you kept your promise to Abraham, I trust you will fulfill the good pleasure of your will in my life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You will experience supernatural increase in this ember months in the name of Jesus. God will fill your mouth with testimonies in the mighty name of Jesus. The same blessing that was on Abraham is upon you in the name of Jesus. Your path will be like a shining light that shines brighter and brighter unto a perfect day in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Genesis 17:10-14; Exodus 12:41-42.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 104-106; Matthew 1-3.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 11:05pm On Oct 10, 2017
Saturday, October 7th.
Bible Covenants (Abrahamic). - 3

"And God said, Sarah thy wife shall bear thee a son indeed; and thou shalt call his name Isaac: and I will establish my covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his seed after him". (Genesis 17:19).

After Abraham waited for a few years from the time he received the promise, Sarah his wife suggested a carnal plan for a child because of the delay in the fulfillment of God's plan in their lives. Abraham agreed and had a son, by name Ishmael with Hagar, Sarah's maid. "And Abram was fourscore and six years old, when Hagar bare Ishmael to Abram". (Genesis 16:16).

However, God reassured Abraham that Sarah will have a child for him. And he changed his name from Abram to Abraham, which means father of a multitude. His wife's name was changed from Sarai to Sarah which means a noble woman. The promised child was even given a name, Isaac before he was conceived.

It is imperative at this point to point out what God said concerning concerning Ishmael, the child they had outside of his promise. The Scripture says, "And the angel of the LORD said unto her, I will multiply thy seed exceedingly, that it shall not be numbered for multitude. And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren". (Genesis 16:10,12). Ishmael is the father of the present Arab nations. This prediction concerning Ishmael explains the present hostility Isreal and the world is experiencing from them. God also blessed Ishmael for Abraham's sake.

When the time of the fulfillment of God's plan came, "...The LORD visited Sarah as he had said, and the LORD did unto Sarah as he had spoken. For Sarah conceived, and bare Abraham a son in his old age, at the set time of which God had spoken to him. And Abraham called the name of his son that was born unto him, whom Sarah bare to him, Isaac". (Genesis 21:1-3).

No matter how long it takes for the fulfillment of God's word in your life, wait for it. Don't allow it to affect your commitment to God. If he did it for Abraham, he will do it for you. "God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?". (Numbers 23:19).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Dear merciful father, I give you thanks for your love and faithfulness to me. I am confident that every good promises of your word concerning me will come to pass at the appointed time in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: Whatever you lay your hands to do shall prosper in the name of Jesus. You will experience multiple victories in every circumstances you find yourself in the name of Jesus. You will not be a victim of the present day deception perpetrated by false prophets and teachers in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Genesis 21:10-12; Galatians 4:22-31.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 107-109; Matthew 4-6.

Sunday, October 8th.
Bible Covenants (Abrahamic). - 4.

"...By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies". (Genesis 22:16-17).

A few years after Isaac was born, God said, "Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of". (Genesis 22:2). This instruction was regarded as temptation by the writer of this book - Genesis 22:1. However, it is much more than a temptation. It is a demonstration of a divine principle as will be explained later.

Abraham obeyed without questioning God. He had to because of the covenant relationship he has entered into with God. Covenant partners are under obligation to do what their partner requires. So, "Abraham rose up early in the morning, and saddled his ass, and took two of his young men with him, and Isaac his son, and clave the wood for the burnt offering, and rose up, and went unto the place of which God had told him". (Genesis 22:3).

"And they came to the place which God had told him of; and Abraham built an altar there, and laid the wood in order, and bound Isaac his son, and laid him on the altar upon the wood. And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son". (Genesis 22:9-10).

Just before Abraham could slay his son, "...the angel of the LORD called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I. And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me". (Genesis 22:11-12).

Instead of Isaac, the Lord provided a ram for the burnt offering. If it was just a test, God would have asked them to go back after he was restrained from offering Isaac. But the ceremony still went on and the ram was killed in place of Isaac. So, in a sense, Isaac died. The principle demonstrated here is the seed harvest principle. If Abraham really wanted to experience increase or growth in numbers of his flesh seed, he must sow a seed. The ram was the seed sown in place of Isaac and this is the secret of the fruitfulness of the children of Israel. Tomorrow, we will look at the oath God took because of Abraham's obedience.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: I thank you father for including me in your plan long before I was born. I hold on to the eternal promise you made when you called Abraham. I declare that I will walk in the fullness of the blessings of Abraham in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: As many as gather together against you shall fall for your sake in the name of Jesus. They will come against you one way and flee seven ways in the name of Jesus. You will live to see the fulfillment of God's promises in your life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Genesis 22:7-8; Hebrews 11:17-19.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 110-112; Matthew 7-9.

Monday, October 9th.
Bible Covenants (Abrahamic). - 5

"...By myself have I sworn, saith the LORD, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son: That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies". (Genesis 22:16-17).

Yesterday, we discussed about the great faith and obedience of Abraham in his attempt to offer his only son Isaac. Issac actually died and rose from the dead in a sense. As Apostle Paul remarked, "By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son, Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called: Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure". (Hebrews 11:17-19).

The ram was offered in the place of Issac and this singular act of uncommon faith provoked God to take an oath as contained in the opening text. This oath sealed the promise God made to Abraham. It gave guarantee to the recipient of the promise that God will do what he said he would do. It is an unconditional promise sealed with an oath. "For when God made promise to Abraham, because he could swear by no greater, he sware by himself". (Hebrews 6:13).

The church is the faith seed of Abraham and we are the recipient of the promise God made to Abraham. So, you can lay hold on God's promises without wavering. He is a covenant keeping God and he will fulfill the good promise of his will in your life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Gracious father, I bless your Holy name. I hold on to your unfailing word as the anchor of my soul. Remember the oath you swore to Abraham and fulfill your promises in my life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The Lord will make a way of escape for you out of every temptation in the name of Jesus. His strength will be made perfect in your weakness in the name of Jesus. He will prepare a table before you even in the presence of your enemies in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Hebrews 6:13-15; Galatians 3:29.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 113-115; Matthew 10-12.

Tuesday, October 10th.
Bible Covenants (Mosaic).

"And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth: And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God". (Dueteronomy 28:1-2).

After the Jews were delivered from Egypt, God entered into a conditional covenant with the Jews which was delivered through Moses. This covenant usually referred to as the Law of Moses contains the Ten Commandments and about 600 other laws.

The law was designed to regulate the lives of the Jews until the fulfillment of the promise gave to Abraham. In other words, it was not God's intention to relate with the Jews through laws but it has to be put in place to regulate their religious and social life.

The law demanded that yearly sacrifice must be made to atone for sins. It also stipulated death penalty for some offences which included, adultery, witchcraft, cursing God, violation of the Sabbath day etc).

One thing that should be noted about the Law of Moses is that it gave strength to sin. As the Scripture says, "The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression" (1st Corinthians 15:56, Romans 4:15).

The Jews were to receive God's blessings only on the condition of absolute obedience to all the laws given to them. These blessings are spelt out in Dueteronomy 28:3-14. On the other hand, breaking any of the laws attracted curses listed in Dueteronomy 28:16-68. The list of the curses are about four times the list of the blessings.

However, the Jews couldn't keep the law partly because of its strict requirement and partly because of their carnal nature. "Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be". (Romans 8:7). Consequently, they came under God's judgment regularly and deaths were a common occurrence under the Law of Moses. Tomorrow, we will cite a few examples of the judgment suffered by the Jews on account of the law they broke.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you your mercy that has brought your grace to us. I pray that this grace will strengthen me to live a life worthy of my calling in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: God will perfect that which is lacking in your faith in the name of Jesus. The same God that visited Hannah and changed her story will visit you and put a new song in your mouth in the name of Jesus. The God of abundance will lead you cause you to lie down in green pastures in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Exodus 20:1-31; Galatians 3:19.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 116-118; Matthew 13-15.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Lmck96: 4:39am On Oct 11, 2017
My pledge to satan�

O great and Almighty Lucifer, I pledge my life to you.

I hereby seal my fate with blood.

I accept there is no law, no authority, no justice except my own.

I believe in one guide, Satan,

I believe in my right to rule mundanes.

I swear on my sinister-honour as a Satanist that from this day forth I will never surrender, will die fighting rather than submit to anyone, and will always uphold The Satanic Code of Sinister-Honour.

Satan be my guide. Show me how I can live life, on this earth, in the best possible manner and the most fulfilling way: with ecstasy, laughter, joy, and a proud defiance, including defiance of my own death.

Please guide thy servant on this journey and show me how to become the elite of this world, and liberate myself from the oppression of mundanes and from everything mundane and worthless.

May your Satanic spirit fill me and help me abhor, detest and resist everything and everyone which or who might enslave or try to control and tame me.

I pledge to abhor and resist every law, every type and kind of authority except my own, every kind of dogma, every religion (except whatever might prove useful to me in ruling over and controlling mundanes), every rule and every type of government except whatever might prove useful to me and my kind in ruling over and controlling mundanes.

Satan My Father, My King, My Savior. Save us, save us from the awful spiteful religious mundanes who claim themselves your master.

Praises be to the Grand Master of the universe. The great and Almighty King Lucifer the First. Prince of Darkness, Ruler of the Forsaken, Emperor of the begotten, The living, entity who exists in the acausal continuum and Who can, and Who has, in the past, been manifest on Earth.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 10:52pm On Oct 11, 2017
Lmck96:
My pledge to satan�

O great and Almighty Lucifer, I pledge my life to you.

I hereby seal my fate with blood.

I accept there is no law, no authority, no justice except my own.

I believe in one guide, Satan,

I believe in my right to rule mundanes.

I swear on my sinister-honour as a Satanist that from this day forth I will never surrender, will die fighting rather than submit to anyone, and will always uphold The Satanic Code of Sinister-Honour.

Satan be my guide. Show me how I can live life, on this earth, in the best possible manner and the most fulfilling way: with ecstasy, laughter, joy, and a proud defiance, including defiance of my own death.

Please guide thy servant on this journey and show me how to become the elite of this world, and liberate myself from the oppression of mundanes and from everything mundane and worthless.

May your Satanic spirit fill me and help me abhor, detest and resist everything and everyone which or who might enslave or try to control and tame me.

I pledge to abhor and resist every law, every type and kind of authority except my own, every kind of dogma, every religion (except whatever might prove useful to me in ruling over and controlling mundanes), every rule and every type of government except whatever might prove useful to me and my kind in ruling over and controlling mundanes.

Satan My Father, My King, My Savior. Save us, save us from the awful spiteful religious mundanes who claim themselves your master.

Praises be to the Grand Master of the universe. The great and Almighty King Lucifer the First. Prince of Darkness, Ruler of the Forsaken, Emperor of the begotten, The living, entity who exists in the acausal continuum and Who can, and Who has, in the past, been manifest on Earth.

Your master Satan is a defeated foe. I am far superior to him.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 10:53pm On Oct 11, 2017
Wednesday, October 11th.
Bible Covenants (Mosaic) - 2.

"He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses". (Hebrews 10:28).

We introduced the Mosaic covenant yesterday and the terms of conditions. The presence of the law of Moses brought wrath to the Jews. We will look at a few instances the Jews fell under judgment for disobeying the Law given to them.

On an occasion after the Law was given, they complained to Moses they want to eat flesh instead of the manna they have been eating. "And...it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it; and his anger was kindled; and the fire of the LORD burnt among them, and consumed them that were in the uttermost parts of the camp". (Numbers 11:1).

God eventually provided the flesh, "And while the flesh was yet between their teeth, ere it was chewed, the wrath of the LORD was kindled against the people, and the LORD smote the people with a very great plague". (Hebrews 11:33). It should be noted that when they make similar complain before the Law was given, they weren't judged as they were still under the cover of Abrahamic covenant - Exodus 15:24-25; 16:2-15; 17:3-7.

In another incident, a young man was caught gathering sticks on a Sabbath day. Before Moses could inquire from God on what should be done concerning the man, the Lord said to Moses, "The man shall be surely put to death: all the congregation shall stone him with stones without the camp. And all the congregation brought him without the camp, and stoned him with stones, and he died; as the LORD commanded Moses". (Numbers 15:35-36).

These are just a few examples of the wrath incurred by the Jews when they broke the Law. Our Lord Jesus however abolished the Law of Moses and ushered in grace. The Jews were thus delivered from the law even though they haven't taken advantage of the offer. It is therefore not uncommon to see the Jews still trying to adhere to the Law of Moses. Even a large percentage of the present day Church that were never given the Law are trying to live by the law the Jews couldn't keep thereby subjecting themselves to bondage again. Hence Apostle Paul said, " Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage (Law of Moses)". (Galatians 5:1).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Father, I thank you for your amazing grace that has brought salvation to mankind. I therefore refuse to subject myself to dos and don'ts contained in the Law of Moses.

Prophecies: You will be beg for food or clothing in the name of Jesus. You will reign in this life over every circumstances of life you are faced with in the name of Jesus. God will cause men to favour your righteous course in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Galatians 2:16; Hebrews 7-8-19.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 119-121; Matthew 16-18.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by mimopel(f): 12:05am On Oct 12, 2017
Good evening....we have Christian WhatsApp group for single brothers n singles...where will come together to pray study the word of God, co unsel one another on wat God wants in a Godly relationship and those who want to find their spouse can find a Godly spouse...if u are interested pls send ur WhatsApp number to my direct mail mimopel450@yahoo com

Or WhatsApp Daniel 08038261313....to book an interview God bless us

U can also quote this post with ur number
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 11:40pm On Oct 12, 2017
Thursday, October 12th.
Bible Covenants (Mosaic) - 3.

"For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God". (Hebrews 7:18-19).

The Old Testament law that was supposed to be a blessing to the Jews actually brought a curse on them. "For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them". (Galatians 3:10).

This is one of the reasons Jesus came. He came to end the Law of Moses so the Jews could be delivered from the curse of the law. "But now we [Jews] are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth". (Romans 7:6; 10:4).

Those who argue that the law of Moses is still in force often quote what Jesus said in Matthew 5:17-18, which reads, "Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled". (Matthew 5:17-18).

What Jesus meant is that, he did not come to arbitrarily annual the Law without following due process. He had to fulfill it first before the Law could be set aside. He met the requirements of the law and also provided mankind the opportunity to receive the love nature of God which gives them the ability to live right. When you walk in love, you will not steal or kill. "...therefore love is the fulfilling of the law". (Romans 13:10).

Even the manner and ways he carried out his earthly ministry revealed he was an advocate of grace. Otherwise he would have permitted the woman caught in the very act of adultery to be stoned to death. So, embrace the grace that Jesus brought and stop trying to please God by acting on instructions contained in the Law of Moses. "[For] no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.". (Galatians 3:11).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Mighty God and everlasting father, may your name alone be glorified. I lean on your grace to see me through this journey of life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: God will turn your disappointments into better appointments in the name of Jesus. The good things of life will locate you in the name of Jesus. The God who ensures that even the sparrows do not hunger will meet you at the point of your needs in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Galatians 2:16; Romans 6:14.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 122-124; Matthew 19-21.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2017
Friday, October 13th.
Bible Covenants (Palestinian)

"These are the words of the covenant, which the LORD commanded Moses to make with the children of Israel in the land of Moab, beside the covenant which he made with them in Horeb". (Dueteronomy 29:1).

The Palestinian covenant is an additional covenant God entered with the nation of Isreal before they entered the promised land. It is a covenant related to the land they are about to possess and their future salvation. So, unlike the Mosaic covenant which has ended, the Palestinian covenant is still in force. Bible scholars have termed this covenant an unconditional one but it is not true. This covenant like the Mosaic covenant is conditional. There is an 'if' clause contained in it - Dueteronomy 30:10. It is an eternal covenant as it serves as the fulfillment of the oath God swore to Abraham.

"And it shall come to pass, when all these things are come upon thee, the blessing and the curse, which I have set before thee, and thou shalt call them to mind among all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath driven thee, And SHALT RETURN UNTO THE LORD thy God, and shalt obey his voice according to all that I command thee this day, thou and thy children, with all thine heart, and with all thy soul; THAT THEN the LORD thy God will turn thy captivity, and have compassion upon thee, and will return and gather thee from all the nations, whither the LORD thy God hath scattered thee". (Dueteronomy 30:1-3).

Isreal will be scattered to other nations because of their disobedience to the Law but if they returned to him, he will gather then back again. Thus the promise further said, "And the LORD thy God will bring thee into the land which thy fathers possessed, and thou shalt possess it; and he will do thee good, and multiply thee above thy fathers". (Dueteronomy 30:5).

There is a part of the covenant that is yet unfulfilled - "And the LORD thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live". (Dueteronomy 30:6). This talks about the salvation of Isreal. This will be fulfilled in the future before the second coming of Christ. Hence the Scripture says, "...Though the number of the children of Israel be as the sand of the sea, a remnant shall be saved". (Romans 9:27).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Dear father, I worship you in the beauty of holiness. Guide my steps to the right places and the right people this day in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: Only the voice of rejoicing shall be heard in your home in the name of Jesus. You will walk and not faint in the name of Jesus. You will run and not be weary in the name of Jesus. There shall no evil befall you in the name of Jesus. Only with your eyes will you see and behold the reward of the wicked in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Ezekiel 36:26-28; Romans 11:25-27.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 125-127; Matthew 22-24.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 11:17pm On Oct 14, 2017
Saturday, October 14th.
Bible Covenants (Davidic)

"And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom". (1st Samuel 7:12).

The Davidic covenant is an unconditional covenant God entered with David. It is about establishing his kingdom through his seed. The law of double reference can be applied to this covenant. It was fulfilled first in a sense during the reign of King Solomon. King Solomon during the dedication of the temple he built confirmed it was in fulfillment of the covenant God entered with David - 1st Kings 8:18-20.

However, the covenant have more to do with Christ. The Angel that appeared to Mary confirmed it when he said, "He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end". (Luke 1:32-33).

This prophecy is yet to be fulfilled. It is one of the reasons the Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah. It will be fulfilled after God is through with his dealings with the Church. The Church age is the mystery that was hidden from ages. God's dealings with the Jews for now is suspended. Hence Apostle Paul said, "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in". (Romans 11:25).

The fulfillment will be during the Millennium reign of Christ on earth when he returns to finally destroy the kingdom of darkness and establish his everlasting kingdom. And it will be said;"...The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever". (Revelation 11:15).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Glorious God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ, I thank you for your faithfulness to all generations. I therefore declare that every good promise of your word shall be fulfilled in my life in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You are delivered from every family curse in the name of Jesus. God will turn every curse evil men try to lay on you into a blessing in the name of Jesus. You will not die but live to declare the works of God in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: 1st Chronicles 17:4-15; Revelation 20:4.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 128-130; Matthew 25-28..
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 8:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Sunday, October 15th.
The New Covenant.

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah". (Jeremiah 31:31).

The new covenant is the covenant God made with the house of Israel and Judah as stated in the opening text. Jesus came and ended or abolished the old covenant and established a new covenant sealed by his blood. In the real sense, the present day Church is not in covenant with God. The new covenant has to do with the Jews. It is called new because they had an old one which has been done away with.

The present day Church which comprise mainly of the Gentile nations were never in covenant with God. As Apostle Paul wrote, "That at that time ye [formerly called Gentiles] were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world". (Ephesians 2:12).

So, God has established a new covenant with the Jews but they have not yet embraced it because of their wrong perception on what they expected of the Messiah. Currently, they still live by the instructions contained in the Old Testament, but have stopped offering blood sacrifices. As it stands, they are still expecting their Messiah which will open up the door a false Messiah to come into their lives. This false Christ is the false prophet revealed in the thirteenth chapter of the book of revelation. He is also referred to as the second beast.

The Jews will accept him as their long awaited Messiah who will enter into a seven years peace treaty with the anti Christ on behalf on their behalf. But after three and a half years, he will set up an image of the anti Christ and force everyone to worship the image. It is at this point that the Jews will realize they have been deceived.

This is the period the Jews will go through the great tribulation predicted by our Lord Jesus in the twenty fourth chapter of the book of Matthew. But just before the anti Christ and the false Christ is about to annihilate the Jews, Jesus will come back and defeat the anti Christ and the false Christ. The heart of the Jews will be turned back to God and the remnant of Israel shall be saved. It is at this point that the new covenant will be fully embraced by the nation of Isreal and Judah. Tomorrow, we will talk about the relevance of the new covenant to the church even though we are not in covenant with God. We are sons of God and heirs of the promise God made to Abraham.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Holy father, I thank you for your manifold grace that have qualified me to partake of the inheritance of the Saints. I am the faith seed of Abraham and heirs of your kingdom. All yours are mine. I therefore declare that lack is far from me in the name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The Lord will keep you as the apple of his eyes in the name of Jesus. He who does not sleep nor slumber will watch over you with tender care in the name of Jesus. He will deliver you from every shame and cause you to inherit the throne of glory in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Hebrews 8:8-13; Matthew 26:28.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 131-133; Mark 1-3.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 11:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
Monday, October 16th.
The New Covenant and The Present Day Church.

"Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah". (Jeremiah 31:31).

We said yesterday that the new covenant is a covenant God established with the nation of Israel. It has nothing to do with the present day Church. We never had any old covenant with God and as such, we also don't have a new one. We are adopted as sons of God by our faith in the finished work of Christ on Calvary. In addition, we are the recipient of the promise God made to Abraham. The Scripture says, "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise". (Galatians 3:29).

Covenant relationship usually was entered into between two or more parties that do not have any family tie. God also entered into covenant with man because there was a disconnection after the fall of man. Even the Edenic covenant which was before the fall was entered into because of the presence of evil already in the world.

However, knowledge of the new covenant God has with the Jews is first a pointer to the faithfulness of God. Besides, the contrast between the old and new covenant helps us to appreciate the grace of God which we have embraced. It is this grace that has brought salvation to mankind. The God of Israel is now our father because we have received Jesus as our Lord and personal Saviour.

There is no loving father that enters into covenant with his children. As children, we are automatically heirs of God. We don't need any covenant to enjoy what belongs to our father in heaven. While the Jews can lay claim on their covenant right, we lay claim on our sonship right.

However, both the Jews and the present day Church are both one in Christ. The Jews are the flesh seed of Abraham and we are the faith seed of Abraham. Through one Spirit, we both have access to the father which is in heaven. "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God". (Ephesians 2:19).

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Dear father, I thank you for adopting me as your son in Christ Jesus. Fulfill the oath you swore to Abraham in my life in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The God that lifted David from a Shepherd boy to one of the most famous Kings of all time will lift you up to greater heights in life in the name of Jesus. Anyone who attempts to stand in your way will be put to an open shame in the name of Jesus. You will trample on snakes and scorpions and over all the powers of the enemies in the name of Jesus.

Further Study: Romans 8:17; John 1:11-13.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 134-136; Mark 4-6.
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2017
Tuesday, October 17th.
How to Fight Spiritual Warfare - 1.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink". (2nd Corinthians 10:3-4).

It is an understatement to say that we are involved in a spiritual warfare. It is imperative we understand the nature of this warfare, who the real enemy is and how the battle is fought. The opening text says we do not war after the flesh. In other words, it is not a physical fight and it has nothing to do with your physical muscles. In addition, it says, the weapon we use are not man made.

Today, we hear of some professing believers using weapons like canes to whip the devil. This is ignorance on rampage. Your physical whip has no effect on the devil and his cohorts. Spiritual battles requires spiritual weapons.

Again, it's important to know who our real enemy is. It is true that there are people who have made themselves your enemy and they engage in activities designed to destroy your destiny. Most of these people are possessed with the spirit of witchcraft which they use to bewitch targeted victims. As a result of their wicked acts, so many resort to prayer languages and forms to kill these witches. But these forms of prayers are found wanting when examined in the light of the teachings of our Lord Jesus and his Apostles.

These forms of prayers is usually based on the instruction contained in Exodus 22:18 which reads; "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." Is this instruction still tenable in the dispensation we are living in? Are there other ways we are supposed to deal with these witches? These and other related questions will be dealt with in the course of this devotional topic.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Heavenly Father, I thank you for the victory I have in Christ Jesus. I ask that you fill me with the knowledge of your will on how to fight my spiritual battles in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: The Lord will turn your captivity in the same way he did for Job in the name of Jesus. Because of the blood of Jesus that was shed for you, every projection of death on you and your family members will passover you in the name of Jesus. The Lord who fed the Jews in the wilderness will supply your need in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Ephesians 6:11-12; 1st Peter 5:8.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 137-140; Mark 7-9
Re: Rhema For Living Devotional By Ken Macaulay - October (Bible Covenants) by Ken4Christ: 11:35pm On Oct 20, 2017
Wednesday, October 18th.
How to Fight Spiritual Warfare - 2.

"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink". (2nd Corinthians 10:3-4).

Our battle is not against humans even though wicked spirits operate through people to attempt to hurt us. Today, witchcraft operation is one of the ways evil men perpetrate their evil schemes. So many professing believers command death on witches as instructed under the Law of Moses. But, the teachings of our Lord Jesus instructs us otherwise.

Jesus said, "But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you". (Matthew 5:44). So, how are we supposed to deal with witchcraft manipulations? You simply bind their activities persistently. Our Lord Jesus said, "Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven". (Matthew 18:18).

In addition, Apostle Peter admonished, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world". (1st Peter 5:8-9).

Under the Old Testament law, it was persimissible to kill witches. But in the dispensation of grace that we live in, you are not permitted to do so. Vengeance is the exclusive right of God. "Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord". (Romans 12:19,18). So, you don't have to kill anyone to win a spiritual battle. The Lord can prepare a place for you in the presence of your enemies.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Merciful and Faithful God, I thank you for the assurance of victory I have in Christ Jesus. I therefore declare that every evil device of wicked men will not prosper against me in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You are entering into your rest in the name of Jesus. There is no retrogression or stagnation against you in the name of Jesus. The Lord will cause the light of his countenance to shine upon you in the name of Jesus. He will give his angels charge over you to keep you in all your ways in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Matthew 16:19; James 4:7.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 141-144; Mark 10-12.

Thursday, October 19th.
How to Fight Spiritual Warfare - 3.

So far, we have addressed the issue of prayer languages that are targeted on perceived enemies. You are not supposed to destroy lives through any form of prayers. Even chantings like Holy Ghost fire are unnecessary. You do not have the moral right to rain fire and brimstone on anyone. You are not even supposed to do that on the devils or evil spirits.

When Jesus had an encounter with a demon, hear what the demon said to Jesus, "...What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not". (Matthew 5:7). The demons actually made their appeal to God, the highest authority restraining Jesus from tormenting him. And Jesus did not torment them. He only cast them out. There is a time set aside for the punishment of these demons and until that time comes, you have no right to torment them. Hence, another record of Jesus encounter with a demon reads, "What have we to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?". (Matthew 8:29).

Even when his disciples James and John suggested he should rain down fire from heaven to consume those who despised him, Jesus replied; "...Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village". (Luke 9:55-56).

So, the Church needs to refrain from the present trend of destroying lives through so called dangerous prayer languages most of which sounds like witchcraft chantings. The Bible is very clear on how we should fight our warfare and will will discuss the right ways to engage in this warfare as we progress in this study.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Dear Father, I bless your holy name. I thank you for unveiling to me the wrong ways to wage my spiritual warfare. I pray for your grace to see me through as I stand my ground on the truth of your word in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: I see God opening doors of favour for you in the name of Jesus. You will meet with opportunities that will lift you up to your next level in the name of Jesus. Every conspiracy against you will not stand in the name of Jesus. God will cause every circumstances you are faced with to work together for your good in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Hosea 4:6; 1st Timothy 4:1.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 145-147; Mark 13-16.

Friday, October 20th.
How to Fight Spiritual Warfare - 4.

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high". (Ephesians 6:11-12).

The first thing every battle ready soldier does is to put on its armour and prepare his weapons for battle. In the same sense, there are spiritual armour you must put on as you engage in spiritual battle. And it must be the whole armour of God. No part of the armour should be left out.

Before we begin to look at the nature of each part of the armour, it is imperative we understand the nature of the fight and the categories of evil forces we are contending with. First, we are not in battle with the devil because he has been defeated over two thousands years ago by our Lord Jesus. We are actually standing our ground against his tricks and destroying all its evil schemes. It is therefore absurd to see banners of programmes tagged, 'fire for fire'. This kind of perception puts you at the same level with the devil. But we are more than a match for him.

The opening text says, "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high". The list of evil powers listed above are different rank of power from the least to the greatest. Principalities and powers are first in the list. The striking difference between both is not very clear as they are often mentioned together. However, they exert influence over the lives of people, families and communities. Some of these evil spirits work through humans. Witchcraft spirit is an example of such evil spirits. The last rank of spirits we contend with are the evil rulers of the darkness of this world. This one are higher in their influence. These are spirits that rule over nations and kingdoms. The wicked spirits in high places are the spirits that angels of God contend with. They are responsible for temporal delays of heavenly resources delivered to us in response to our prayers and God divine agenda.

Whatever rank they belong to, you are more than a conqueror through Christ that strengthens you. The greater one lives in you. You have all that is required to subdue them and stand firm in the faith. Tomorrow, we will begin to look at each part of this armour and their importance.

Prayer and Confession of Faith: Great and mighty God, I worship you in the beauty of holiness. I thank for unveiling the evil powers we have to stand our ground against. I declare that their manipulations against me shall not prosper in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Prophecies: You are like a tree planted by the riverside and your leaves will not wither in the name of Jesus. You are released from every demonic influence in the name of Jesus. The God who favored Esther to become queen even in a strange land will favour you in the mighty name of Jesus. Amen.

Further Study: Ephesians 3:10; Colossians 2:15.
Daily Scripture Reading: Psalms 145-147; Mark 13-16.

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah's Witnesses: Brutal Persecution In Bulgaria / DK Olukoya's Speech On Tithing / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 14/12/17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 220
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.