Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,186 members, 7,811,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible (49890 Views)

£430 Billion Wipeout: Russian Stocks Crash 98% On London Indexes / UK Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buyer Empties Water Bottles, Fills Them With Petrol / London Train Attack: 18 People Injured And Hospitalised After Failed Bucket Bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 03, 2017
This is what Islamophobia can cause, you know those terrorist chant Allah who wa something before killing innocent people, hence the fear since the man was talking about death. grin
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by onlyTheTruth(m): 9:07am On Oct 03, 2017
ChineseBuggati3:
religion was never a threat until Islam started their wahala,they might have ran thinking he was an alfa using such tactics, you can never tell
ya ignorance s of the highest order.. according to history, christianity killed mor humans dan all other religions joined together,, u might wanna ready about the atrocities done by crusaders, the kkk, n read about the spanish Inquisition as well, u wil zip your smelly soak away
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by itsmeurLady(f): 9:08am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Nigerian society is too tainted with religious extremism for even the highly educated to function properly. If you are highly educated and you still believe Jesus walked on water/rose from the dead or Muhammed was a peaceful human being - then your education has failed you. The purpose of education is to promote awareness/consciousness. That's why if you meet the top scientists/intellectuals in the world, they tend to exude a zen like (or yogi like) quality. One possible reason for this is that they have reached a point were they are fully convinced that their ignorance far outweighs their knowledge. Only arrogant people say things like: "There is God." or "There is no God." The truth of the matter is nobody knows. And I mean NOBODY. Look at all the problems we have created in Nigeria because of people who are "absolutely sure" of the existence of a sky Daddy - Boko Haram, killing of twins; prosperity gospel aka spiritual corruption; killing of 'witches'; etc. Yet, the most significant consequence of our extreme religious belief is that Nigeria is a country of 180 million people, the vast majority of whom are AWAITING the end of the world. If you believe the world is coming to an end, why would you be FULLY committed to make your society a better place? Most Nigerians believe that this world does not matter because they are gonna START A NEW LIFE WITH THEIR SKY DADDY after the world ENDS. This is one of the most fundamental reason behind Nigeria's underdevelopment. So, until a sizable number of Nigerians are committed to creating HEAVEN on this Nigerian EARTH, rather than awaiting some sky Daddy to descend from the sky and save us, corruption and underdevelopment continues to no end.

Just as we look at your level of ignorance as stupidity, dats the same way u look at us too which is your opinion and everyone is entitled to it but the problem I might have with you is you thinking your opinion supercedes others and trying to rub your opinion on everybody's face... zthis is the height of selfishness and wickedness, part of the reasons Nigeria is deteriorating. I Pray you find light in your journey in life, funny enough, such person can be a pastor tomorrow after all these ur funny talks but one last question before I leave you... with all these Knowledge u are claiming to have now, if you are not like Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg with it, then stop talking Mr know it all
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by EnkayDezign: 9:09am On Oct 03, 2017
BrainArk:

oga stop trying to appear as if you are unbiased the person I quote was stating the Christian crusade as one of the many atrocities of Christian which I only refute lie. you should proved I am lying instead of painting me as a religious bigot.

I never called you a bigot, unless you're calling yourself out, and I don't believe there's any 'proving' I need do regarding the atrocities of 'Crusades' and Spanish inquisition. The internet is a knowledge minefield, and i'm sure you're a big boy who knows how to use it. Search and learn!
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by Omoze88: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Nigerian society is too tainted with religious extremism for even the highly educated to function properly. If you are highly educated and you still believe Jesus walked on water/rose from the dead or Muhammed was a peaceful human being - then your education has failed you. The purpose of education is to promote awareness/consciousness. That's why if you meet the top scientists/intellectuals in the world, they tend to exude a zen like (or yogi like) quality. One possible reason for this is that they have reached a point were they are fully convinced that their ignorance far outweighs their knowledge. Only arrogant people say things like: "There is God." or "There is no God." The truth of the matter is nobody knows. And I mean NOBODY. Look at all the problems we have created in Nigeria because of people who are "absolutely sure" of the existence of a sky Daddy - Boko Haram, killing of twins; prosperity gospel aka spiritual corruption; killing of 'witches'; etc. Yet, the most significant consequence of our extreme religious belief is that Nigeria is a country of 180 million people, the vast majority of whom are AWAITING the end of the world. If you believe the world is coming to an end, why would you be FULLY committed to make your society a better place? Most Nigerians believe that this world does not matter because they are gonna START A NEW LIFE WITH THEIR SKY DADDY after the world ENDS. This is one of the most fundamental reason behind Nigeria's underdevelopment. So, until a sizable number of Nigerians are committed to creating HEAVEN on this Nigerian EARTH, rather than awaiting some sky Daddy to descend from the sky and save us, corruption and underdevelopment continues to no end.
Why is this one ranting.... If you don't believe there is God keep it to yourself nau... Who cares!
Note: Only a fool says in their heart "there is no God".... Psalm 53:1

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by atheist5(m): 9:13am On Oct 03, 2017
michony505:
Who dont give a f*uck? do you know that the greatest scientist Einstein believed in God?
lol just look at your logic,Einstein believed in god,but he was not a Christian,he was not religious by your bible the supposedly greatest scientist is in hell.what about the hundreds of researchers that do not believe in god,90%+ English people that do not go to church?

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by atheist5(m): 9:14am On Oct 03, 2017
Omoze88:

Why is this one ranting.... If you don't believe there is God keep it to yourself nau... Who cares!
only a fool believes a Jewish mythology in 2017

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by BrainArk(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2017
EnkayDezign:

I never called you a bigot, unless you're calling yourself out, and I don't believe there's any 'proving' I need do regarding the atrocities of 'Crusades' and Spanish inquisition. The internet is a knowledge minefield, and i'm sure you're a big boy who knows how to use it. Search and learn!
thanks, I think you also need to mine the internet more, to be unbiased as you are trying to appear a liberal.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by Radiohead6(f): 9:20am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:
wonderfully Put

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by caesaraba(m): 9:20am On Oct 03, 2017
ChineseBuggati3:
religion was never a threat until Islam started their wahala,they might have ran thinking he was an alfa using such tactics, you can never tell

Religion was never a threat until Islam? Do you read any history at all with that your big smartphone or is it just for taking selfies? Go read about older religious purges and see what a monster, religion (including Christianity) is/has been.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by thunderbabs: 9:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Lol....see these ones. grin

Mk dem con enta yellow buses for lagos...u go hia preachin frm start of d journey to d last b/stop with one preacher taking over frm another who just concluded hz preachin.....

Dz oyibos sef...no liver
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by michony505(m): 9:40am On Oct 03, 2017
atheist5:
lol just look at your logic,Einstein believed in god,but he was not a Christian,he was not religious by your bible the supposedly greatest scientist is in hell.what about the hundreds of researchers that do not believe in god,90%+ English people that do not go to church?
But he believed there is a God! still be than atheist then. We still have scientist like Nicholas Copernicus, Johannes Kepler, Michael Faraday, Gregor Mendel, Robert Boyle, Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal and so on who are top scientist that believed in a supreme God.
I pray GOD opens ur eyes to the reality. I am 100% sure GOD exsist look inward of u deeply and u will find a clue!
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by AlanSugar(m): 9:45am On Oct 03, 2017
Youngmum1:

They got scared he was going to kill people on the train since he spoke openly about death.
They were nervous because of the recent attacks. False alarm though.

Hahaha, or maybe he changed his mind from the planned suicide attack
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by dmg1: 9:46am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:
After reading ur piece have come to realize that you've not given your life to jesus christ, it's not too late my brother don't allow the devil to win you resist him and he will flee from you.
To be frank pal, give ur life to jesus and you shall be save.

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by omojeesu(m): 9:50am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

You are right. You're also wrong.

You're right with the ugly facts of religion. Religion is essentially based on deception and stupid dogma that have poisoned and continue to poison and will yet poison the world. It will get worse actually and of course God, the toast of atheists, will be blamed.

Common sense alone is and should be enough to affirm the existence of God. The wonder of Nature proves there must be an intelligent Mind behind it. The intelligence of humans proves, neither we not nature are products of chance. There's good and evil perpetually struggling to overcome each other. At the moment evil is winning but good will laugh last.

There's a non-physical world of non-physical entities. They struggle for our allegiance. Man is not just matter. We are spirits encased in 'clay'. Each must decide on which side to be. Just because you can't use the scientific method to discover these 'unseen' forces does not mean they don't exist.

Bible prophesies are unfolding daily before our eyes. As for the End, watch out for what happens to Israel once 'dead' from 70 AD to 1948 AD. The End will occur around this nation. Perhaps it will be so in our lifetime or that of the next generation or ....

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by AlanSugar(m): 9:53am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Hahahaha, you funny no be small, salient points though but there's no harm in believing in the existence of some "sky daddy", but what you believe he's capable of doing for you is another matter. For me, I believe in his existence, the rest is to thank him for all he's done already and I do not subscribe to spiritual corruption, Lols!

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by gbishman: 9:59am On Oct 03, 2017
You see what one mans action has culminated into, i think religion should be personal, sermons should be carried out in churches as this would help respect the beliefs of other people.
I say this all the time, in a train commuting 100'eds of people who might be of different religious backgrounds, u can't just have someone preaching his, their inconveniencing other people who just desire for few minutes of rest or study before arriving at their workplace or school.
We should have some etiquette towards peoples comfort.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by Funkybabee(f): 10:08am On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Hope ur incentive is very high for this job u dey do
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by whitebeard(m): 10:19am On Oct 03, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
3 more weeks to Whitebeard day...your day dey dey approach fast grin grin
nawa for una...una no fit forget grin grin I dey parole babe for NL na..!
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by whitebeard(m): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2017
Thelma1552:

Molue!!!! Prayer and Advertisement no go dull the journey at all. #9ja4life
u are on point grin grin

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by adjoviomole(m): 10:20am On Oct 03, 2017
rafson37:
Do u remember Adolph Hitler, he is a devoid christian he set the tone for terrorism in the 19th century

And who told you Hitler was a Christian. He never believed in God. He was an atheist or a moralists.... Google is your friend.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by atheist5(m): 10:27am On Oct 03, 2017
michony505:
But he believed there is a God! still be than atheist then. We still have scientist like Nicholas Copernicus, Johannes Kepler, Michael Faraday, Gregor Mendel, Robert Boyle, Isaac Newton, Blaise Pascal and so on who are top scientist that believed in a supreme God.
I pray GOD opens ur eyes to the reality. I am 100% sure GOD exsist look inward of u deeply and u will find a clue!
these are scientist live 60 years ago OR more,this is 2017 like 93& of world scientist are atheist,recent scientific ridiculues the idea of a personal diety an done last thing simply because somone people believe in somethng doesnt make the belief true
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by Ajekuiya: 10:31am On Oct 03, 2017
Aldebaran:
[img]http:///a/img924/909/P8WLvs.jpg[/img]

Panicked passengers forced their way out of their rush hour train after a man read out Bible passages in the carriage. The train was just outside Wimbledon at around 8.30am, when the man started reading out phrases such as ‘death is not the end’.

Commuters became scared, and started trying to get out of the carriage as quickly as possible. As the passengers forced open the doors and climbed frantically onto the tracks, the rail power lines were cut. The train was travelling from Shepperton to Waterloo, one of London’s busiest commuter lines.

Cops,transport police here to meet him, all very calm, police shake his hand, take him to chat. Some people offer to be witness for him 

Ian, who was on the train, tweeted that the man’s Bible-reading caused a ‘crush’ and a ‘commotion’. He said that someone asked the man to stop speaking ‘as he was scaring people’, after which ‘the guy stopped and stood there with his head down’.

Other passengers praised a guard, who apparently dealt with the situation with ‘compassion, restraint and bravery’. A Network Rail spokesman said: ‘Passengers self-evacuated off a train and on to the tracks at Wimbledon this morning after a passenger incident. ‘British Transport Police are investigating and there were no injuries to passengers or staff.

‘This has caused significant delays to services in and out of Waterloo that will continue for the rest of the morning. ‘A signal failure at Waterloo also caused some earlier disruption to trains – this was resolved by 0815.

We apologise for delays to journeys this morning and ask passengers to please check before they travel.’ A British Transport Police spokesperson told Metro.co.uk: ‘We were called at 8.31am today to Wimbledon after reports of a disturbance on a train to Waterloo. Passengers evacuated themselves onto the tracks. ‘BTP attended and are carrying out enquiries at present. No one was injured and no arrests have been made.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/02/panic-on-london-train-after-man-reads-passages-from-the-bible-6971519/

Scared sinners, they don't want to hear the truth, maybe if he was reading about riches and stuff like that they would have stayed, just like in Nigeria you go to CAC you become scared in some way, but you are not just scared it's called guilt and you know it so you should change your ways unlike the new generational ...........l
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by OBJlive: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2017
I can tell you without mistake and from our experience in this part of the world and elsewhere that Mohammed was never a peaceful human and out of the abundant violence of his heart he bequeathed violent beliefs on his gullible followers. If you like disagree till eternity,If Islam was a peaceful religion an initio;it will not be what it is today. And because of bloody nature of Islam ,I can tell you that God/Jehova is not in their midst period.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by hahnsmall: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2017
ChineseBuggati3:

Lol. You obviously know little of the history of religions

Have you ever heard of the crusades or spanish inquisition?
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by Wizaugpet(m): 11:25am On Oct 03, 2017
Hmmmm! Do I even understand what is being written on this Board? undecided
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by LeoFish92(m): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2017
Omoze88:

He doesn't believe in God yet you are quoting a Bible passage for him, you are a comedian
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by BarryJones(m): 12:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

There is enough blame to go around. The Christian crusades were perpetrated by bible totting Christians. The Spanish Inquisition was also committed by Christians. Now, Islamic terror is prominent but lets not forget history.

Don't forget the Christian crusades was as a result of Islamist invation of Jerusalem and other places, and after the crusade most Muslims were kicked out of Jerusalem. Though still the Bible teaches us that "vengeance is mine says the Lord". Maybe they were wrong to fight back.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by taiwojoe40(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:
man must believe in something..believing nothing is even something..
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by phiszo(m): 1:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
caesaraba:

Religion was never a threat until Islam? Do you read any history at all with that your big smartphone or is it just for taking selfies? Go read about older religious purges and see what a monster, religion (including Christianity) is/has been.
The crusade was a response to the Islamic invasion then. Don't change history.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by caesaraba(m): 1:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
phiszo:

The crusade was a response to the Islamic invasion then. Don't change history.

Who said anything about the crusades?
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by bkool7(m): 1:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

You are educated but lack knowledge

This knd of knowledge us taken from the arrogant and civiled and given to the humble and tolerant

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Killed By His Lover’s Boyfriend In Cameroon (Pix / Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report / Vladimir Putin's Black Belt Revoked By International Taekwondo Organization

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.