Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible (49878 Views)

£430 Billion Wipeout: Russian Stocks Crash 98% On London Indexes / UK Fuel Scarcity: Panic Buyer Empties Water Bottles, Fills Them With Petrol / London Train Attack: 18 People Injured And Hospitalised After Failed Bucket Bomb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 03, 2017
Aldebaran:
[img]http:///a/img924/909/P8WLvs.jpg[/img]

Panicked passengers forced their way out of their rush hour train after a man read out Bible passages in the carriage. The train was just outside Wimbledon at around 8.30am, when the man started reading out phrases such as ‘death is not the end’.

Commuters became scared, and started trying to get out of the carriage as quickly as possible. As the passengers forced open the doors and climbed frantically onto the tracks, the rail power lines were cut. The train was travelling from Shepperton to Waterloo, one of London’s busiest commuter lines.

Cops,transport police here to meet him, all very calm, police shake his hand, take him to chat. Some people offer to be witness for him 

Ian, who was on the train, tweeted that the man’s Bible-reading caused a ‘crush’ and a ‘commotion’. He said that someone asked the man to stop speaking ‘as he was scaring people’, after which ‘the guy stopped and stood there with his head down’.

Other passengers praised a guard, who apparently dealt with the situation with ‘compassion, restraint and bravery’. A Network Rail spokesman said: ‘Passengers self-evacuated off a train and on to the tracks at Wimbledon this morning after a passenger incident. ‘British Transport Police are investigating and there were no injuries to passengers or staff.

‘This has caused significant delays to services in and out of Waterloo that will continue for the rest of the morning. ‘A signal failure at Waterloo also caused some earlier disruption to trains – this was resolved by 0815.

We apologise for delays to journeys this morning and ask passengers to please check before they travel.’ A British Transport Police spokesperson told Metro.co.uk: ‘We were called at 8.31am today to Wimbledon after reports of a disturbance on a train to Waterloo. Passengers evacuated themselves onto the tracks. ‘BTP attended and are carrying out enquiries at present. No one was injured and no arrests have been made.’

http://metro.co.uk/2017/10/02/panic-on-london-train-after-man-reads-passages-from-the-bible-6971519/

I know it must be a black man. idiot.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
Acepen:
let wait and see If God is or not death will reveal the truth

So what makes you think death has the answer to the question of God's existence? Have you spoken to death? Did he/she tell you that the answer is available after you die? This assumption, that after you die you will find out the answer to this question, is just that - an assumption. The truth of the matter is that NOBODY knows if death has the answer. Claiming otherwise is a form of lying.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mirand606:

Can you correlate the Spanish inquisition to the instructions of Jesus Or can you correlate crusades(even though it was a defensive war) with the instructions of Jesus or the first Christians on earth
Whatever is not inspired by Jesus or the Apostle as nothing to do with Christianity. On the other hand Islamic terror is inspired by the words and deeds of mohammed.

Don't forget that the old testament God (which is the same God of the new testament according to Christians) supported genocide, infanticide and plain old murder.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2017
BrainArk:

The crusade was a counter attack against the jihadist who where bent on Islamizing the world.

Okay. What about Spanish inquisition, the killing of 'witches' etc.?
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
felixomor:

The crusades were a response to the rise of islamic invasions and killings in middle east, turkey and creeping into europe.
You can still roll back the clock and the fact will remain the same. cool

Maybe but yet Christianity is not blameless. For example,many children in Africa have been killed in the name of 'deliverance' in Jesus' name. George Bush when asked why he invaded Iraq (killing hundred of thousands of civilians) said "...Jesus told me to do it."
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
Boyooosa:

If Ogun com strike you now, don't you think the elites of generations yet unborn will not believe in gods/God?

If Ogun exists why would he strike me? Why would any God of substance attack a human for asking questions? If a God is that insecure, then maybe he/she is not a God but just like you and me.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
columbus007:
bro your write-up is very convincing to me right now,when I think of so many evil going on @times I wonder where's is our saviour,but when I turn around I see so many other reasons to believe which I can't doubt sometimes,it can be confusing @times

I understand how you feel. I have felt that way many times until I decided to stop believing things just because they have been repeated many times. For example, 'God is love' is a common phrase you hear all over the world. Yet this sentiment has never been confirmed. The only thing I know for sure is that humans (and maybe some animals) are capable of love. There is no evidence that God is like that. So why do people go around repeating this thing. We are ascribing our human tendencies to an entity we have never seen, touched or tasted; and who might or might not even exist. That strikes me as the root of all confusion. So, I decided to stop it - in my own life.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
octavian:

The SKYDADDY whether Science makes you to believe him or not, always answers me when I call on him; he has not and will never change. Though Nigerians need to wake up and perform their duties and not leave it to God

See (the emboldened) - we have something we agree on. Lets preach that gospel together.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
stagger:

So why has your education not helped you end corruption in Nigeria, or find the cure to cancer or HIV, or make cars to start flying?

Education will work when people like you and your God delusions get out the way.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
stevenson007:

YOUR PROBLEM IS A SIMPLE ONE!
YOU THINK BEING DIFFERENT FROM THE VAST MAJORITY MAKES YOU UNIQUE!
How can you know what I think if I don't tell you?

stevenson007:

THE TRUTH IS THAT WHATEVER YOU THINK OR BELIEVE IS YOUR PROBLEM. KINDLY GET THAT INTO YOUR HEAD. ITS YOUR FUCKING PROBLEM. NO ONE CARES BROTHER.
Yet what Boko Haram thinks and believe has become the problem of the entire country. Go and tell the victims of Boko Haram that Boko Haram's beliefs ONLY affects people who subscribe to them.

stevenson007:

CARRY YOUR LOAD.
You wan help me before? tongue

stevenson007:

YOU PAINTED SOMEONE SKYDADDY, IS THAT THE HEIGHT YOUR EDUCATION HAS TAKEN YOU TO? YOU THINK YOUR EDUCATION HAS MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON?
Please correct me if I am wrong. Do Christians call God HEAVENLY FATHER? Heaven is synonymous to sky; and Father is synonymous to Daddy.

stevenson007:

BACK OF POT TELLING CHARCOAL SAY E BLACK.
This is an accusation - where is your evidence?

stevenson007:

AT TIMES YOU OVER KNOW THAT YOU BECOME STUPID IN YOUR IDEA AND IN YOUR MIND YOU WILL BE THINKING YOU ARE A WISEMAN!
Read my post again and see how it centered around the power of ignorance as opposed to beliefs. Please take your time you missed it the first time.

stevenson007:

THATS JUST YOUR PROBLEM. YOU ARE BEING STUPID BUT YOU THINK YOU ARE WISE IN YOUR OWN SENSE.
Again - you are insulting and accusing with no evidence. Will Jesus be proud of you?
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2017
Lomprico2:

You have some very strong points.

Thank you.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
bjcole:

So young man, could you please explain what brought about nature, your existence, the air you breathe, the animals, the water bodies, the universal bodies, the demonic world and the rest you know
I do not know - do you?

bjcole:

if what you wrote up here make sense to you.
Its my experience - it makes sense to me.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
menstrualpad:

No. Sword totting

How about bible inspired sword totting? cheesy
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
Radiohead6:
wonderfully Put
Thank you!
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
dmg1:
After reading ur piece have come to realize that you've not given your life to jesus christ, it's not too late my brother don't allow the devil to win you resist him and he will flee from you.
To be frank pal, give ur life to jesus and you shall be save.
I have tried that method - it didn't work for me.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:47pm On Oct 03, 2017
omojeesu:

You are right. You're also wrong.

You're right with the ugly facts of religion. Religion is essentially based on deception and stupid dogma that have poisoned and continue to poison and will yet poison the world. It will get worse actually and of course God, the toast of atheists, will be blamed.

Common sense alone is and should be enough to affirm the existence of God. The wonder of Nature proves there must be an intelligent Mind behind it. The intelligence of humans proves, neither we not nature are products of chance. There's good and evil perpetually struggling to overcome each other. At the moment evil is winning but good will laugh last.

There's a non-physical world of non-physical entities. They struggle for our allegiance. Man is not just matter. We are spirits encased in 'clay'. Each must decide on which side to be. Just because you can't use the scientific method to discover these 'unseen' forces does not mean they don't exist.

Bible prophesies are unfolding daily before our eyes. As for the End, watch out for what happens to Israel once 'dead' from 70 AD to 1948 AD. The End will occur around this nation. Perhaps it will be so in our lifetime or that of the next generation or ....

You are a sensible guy. So lets celebrate where we agree. And agree to respectfully disagree where we differ.

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
AlanSugar:

Hahahaha, you funny no be small, salient points though but there's no harm in believing in the existence of some "sky daddy", but what you believe he's capable of doing for you is another matter. For me, I believe in his existence, the rest is to thank him for all he's done already and I do not subscribe to spiritual corruption, Lols!

grin grin Thank you for finding some humor in it - I try to be as pleasant as possible. cheesy As per the emboldened I have to disagree. And as evidence I present Boko Haram and Isis.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Funkybabee:

Hope ur incentive is very high for this job u dey do
How much dem dey pay you for your own posts?

1 Like

Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:54pm On Oct 03, 2017
taiwojoe40:
man must believe in something..believing nothing is even something..

I don't know is 'I don't know,' it is not belief. 'I know' without evidence is belief - which is the root of the problems in our world.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
bkool7:

You are educated but lack knowledge

This knd of knowledge us taken from the arrogant and civiled and given to the humble and tolerant
Thank you for insulting and accusing me without evidence - you are a very predictable tongue
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by piagetskinner(m): 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
na normal thing for naija....
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by bkool7(m): 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Thank you for insulting and accusing me without evidence - you are a very predictable tongue

Accept my profound apology.
I didnt type it to sound like that.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by felixomor: 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

Maybe but yet Christianity is not blameless. For example,many children in Africa have been killed in the name of 'deliverance' in Jesus' name. George Bush when asked why he invaded Iraq (killing hundred of thousands of civilians) said "...Jesus told me to do it."
So think next time before shouting crusades

Again, The cycle goes on
George bush invaded after 911carried out by islamists

2ndly There is no church that has approved killling any children in the name of any deliverance.
Most pple caught doing such are handed over to law enforcement.
And even, that is no way on the same scale as terrorism
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by ethan101(m): 3:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
nice
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by Julivas(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
Fear everywhere. Is only in Jesus Christ that there exists no fear. Accept Him today.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by columbus007(m): 5:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

I understand how you feel. I have felt that way many times until I decided to stop believing things just because they have been repeated many times. For example, 'God is love' is a common phrase you hear all over the world. Yet this sentiment has never been confirmed. The only thing I know for sure is that humans (and maybe some animals) are capable of love. There is no evidence that God is like that. So why do people go around repeating this thing. We are ascribing our human tendencies to an entity we have never seen, touch or tasted; and who might or might not even exist. That strikes me as the root of all confusion. So, I decided to stop it - in my own life.
wow smiley
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by michony505(m): 5:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

See (the emboldened) - we have something we agree on. Lets preach that gospel together.

Do you believe in good and bad? even ur profile pic says it all!
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 5:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
michony505:
Do you believe in good and bad? even ur profile pic says it all!

If it says it all then why do you ask? It seems you have judged me already by your 'mighty' self tongue
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by FisifunKododada: 7:14pm On Oct 03, 2017
bkool7:

Accept my profound apology.
I didnt type it to sound like that.

Apology acceptable with zero reservations
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by bjcole(m): 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

I do not know - do you?

Its my experience - it makes sense to me.

Since you do not, you don't derogate those that choose to believe the Bible, you can only do that if you proffer other possibilities or evolutions, even the books and school you went to have not been able to disprove the Bible. So believe whatever you want and let others believe whatever they want irrespective of their education.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by imustsaymymindo: 9:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:
Nigerian society is too tainted with religious extremism for even the highly educated to function properly. If you are highly educated and you still believe Jesus walked on water/rose from the dead or Muhammed was a peaceful human being - then your education has failed you. The purpose of education is to promote awareness/consciousness. That's why if you meet the top scientists/intellectuals in the world, they tend to exude a zen like (or yogi like) quality. One possible reason for this is that they have reached a point were they are fully convinced that their ignorance far outweighs their knowledge. Only arrogant people say things like: "There is God." or "There is no God." The truth of the matter is nobody knows. And I mean NOBODY. Look at all the problems we have created in Nigeria because of people who are "absolutely sure" of the existence of a sky Daddy - Boko Haram, killing of twins; prosperity gospel aka spiritual corruption; killing of 'witches'; etc. Yet, the most significant consequence of our extreme religious belief is that Nigeria is a country of 180 million people, the vast majority of whom are AWAITING the end of the world. If you believe the world is coming to an end, why would you be FULLY committed to make your society a better place? Most Nigerians believe that this world does not matter because they are gonna START A NEW LIFE WITH THEIR SKY DADDY after the world ENDS. This is one of the most fundamental reason behind Nigeria's underdevelopment. So, until a sizable number of Nigerians are committed to creating HEAVEN on this Nigerian EARTH, rather than awaiting some sky Daddy to descend from the sky and save us, corruption and underdevelopment continues to no end.

Make brain.
Re: Panic On London Train After Man Reads Passages From The Bible by AlanSugar(m): 10:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
FisifunKododada:

grin grin Thank you for finding some humor in it - I try to be as pleasant as possible. cheesy As per the emboldened I have to disagree. And as evidence I present Boko Haram and Isis.

Tis Hokay ooh, I aff hia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Putin Has Decided To Invade Ukraine On Wednesday - Intelligence Report / Vladimir Putin's Black Belt Revoked By International Taekwondo Organization / Man Killed By His Lover’s Boyfriend In Cameroon (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.