Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,059 members, 7,818,173 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? (6400 Views)

Marijuana, A Good Cure For Ebola / SIN Lounge / Photos Surface Of Justin Bieber Smoking Marijuana In Hotel Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by abbeyfel: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2010
I don't want to sound ungodly or satanic here, but i really want to be natural. Let's put all the fantacies away and face reality. WHAT EXACTLY DID GOD CREATED MARIJUANA FOR. If you wish to know, marijuana (indian hemp) is a green herb just like other vegetables. Why is it a crime to be in possesion of a free gift of nature. Why are users of marijuana discriminated against. But God said every thing He as created had been wonderfully made. what has the government of the world against the handy work of God? IS IT A SIN TO USE SOMETHING CREATED BY THE CREATOR? angry
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by AqRiUsAge(f): 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2010
I'm no pastor, but some would say that it becomes a sin when it is used so much that it clouds your judgement and modifies your character. HOWEVER, some would also claim then that such things as caffeine and medications as benzodiazapines (psychoactive drugs) would be considered sinful to use too. The way that I see it is if it causes harm to me or to anyone in any way be it directly or indirectly, chances are it is sinful to use.

Hope that helps.

I personally, dont use marijuana because am allergic to it (dont ask me how I found out).

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by Dolemite(f): 3:46pm On Mar 07, 2010
abbeyfel:

I don't want to sound ungodly or satanic here, but i really want to be natural. Let's put all the fantacies away and face reality. WHAT EXACTLY DID GOD CREATED MARIJUANA FOR. If you wish to know, marijuana (indian hemp) is a green herb just like other vegetables. Why is it a crime to be in possesion of a free gift of nature. Why are users of marijuana discriminated against. But God said every thing He as created had been wonderfully made. what has the government of the world against the handy work of God? IS IT A SIN TO USE SOMETHING CREATED BY THE CREATOR? angry
It is infact a terrible sin, see when you smoke it, you get high which could be considered as entering another state of consciousness - the bible sees that as sorcery and witchcraft, because God doesn't want you to be in that state - at least not with his permission, and the knowledge of weed was given to man by abonimations between the union of angels and earthly women. So if you believe in the whole Christianity religion, you shouldn't be smoking weed. . .i'm a non-believer and in my books weed is perfectly ok! wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by AqRiUsAge(f): 3:47pm On Mar 07, 2010
Dolemite:

It is infact a terrible sin, see when you smoke it, you get high which could be considered as entering another state of consciousness - the bible sees that as sorcery and witchcraft, because God doesn't want you to be in that state - at least not with his permission, and the knowledge of weed was given to man by abonimations between the union of angels and earthly women. So if you believe in the whole Christianity religion, you shouldn't be smoking weed. . .i'm a non-believer and in my books weed is perfectly ok! wink[color=#990000][/color]

LMAOOOOOOO
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by oderemo(m): 4:05pm On Mar 07, 2010
i'm a non-believer and in my books weed is perfectly ok!

do you spoke weed.? cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by tayoast(m): 11:53pm On Mar 07, 2010
AqRiUs Age:

I'm no pastor, but some would say that it becomes a sin when it is used so much that it clouds your judgement and modifies your character. HOWEVER, some would also claim then that such things as caffeine and medications as benzodiazapines (psychoactive drugs) would be considered sinful to use too. The way that I see it is if it causes harm to me or to anyone in any way be it directly or indirectly, chances are it is sinful to use.

Hope that helps.

I personally, dont use marijuana because am allergic to it (dont ask me how I found out)

how??
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by mamagee3(f): 11:56pm On Mar 07, 2010
Yes, doing something that does not give glory to God is a sin
Smoking marijuana is definitely not giving glory to God. . .
So I'll say yes, it's a sin
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by Dolemite(f): 12:42am On Mar 08, 2010
mama-gee:

Yes, doing something that does not give glory to God is a sin
Smoking marijuana is definitely not giving glory to God. . .
So I'll say yes, it's a sin
If this is true then watching Tom and Jerry, eating ice cream or shopping must also be sins? . . .

1 Like

Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by mamagee3(f): 12:44am On Mar 08, 2010
Dolemite:

If this is true then watching Tom and Jerry, eating ice cream or shopping must also be sins? . . .
What has watching Cartoon Network and licking ice Cream got to do with disobeying the 10 Commandments?
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by Dolemite(f): 12:49am On Mar 08, 2010
Smoking marijuana isn't in the 10 commandments too. . .do you not get the point?
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by noNonsense(m): 2:23am On Mar 08, 2010
I'll ask dis question, is getting drunk a sin??, yes it is, but drinking is not a sin, since der is 100% chance dat u'll get high when u smoke marijuana, smoking marijuana takes u to the same highness level as being drunk or mayb even more, y would somebody open eye and take something that will damage ur brain cells??, its like someone putting hand into fire when one knows dat it will burnt with time, as for me if any mugu dats high on anything and wants to try any rubbish, I'll slap senses into ur head, I don't take nonsense, make una look my name ooo,
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by Dolemite(f): 4:03am On Mar 08, 2010
noNonsense:

y would somebody open eye and take something that will damage your brain cells??,
Weed does NOT damage brain cells. . .well at least there is no scientific proof, and some people take weed for medicinal purposes, like cancer patients, it helps them deal with the effects of kimo. . .cigarettes, now that's your main legal killer.

noNonsense:

I don't take nonsense, make una look my name ooo,
LMAO. grin
Re: Is Smoking Marijuana A Sin Before God? by noNonsense(m): 7:32pm On Mar 08, 2010
weed damages brain cells, but because there are numerous brain cells in the head, nothing goes wrong when it is smoked in moderation, but when u eat/smoke marijuana 24/7, na craze b dat,

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robbers Caught Around Ojo Alaba LGA Of Lagos State / Funny Meme And Troll Junker. / Meet The Tallest Man In Nigeria,Hafiz aka Agoro Who Lives In Lagos(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.