Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,350 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:30 AM

Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report (1259 Views)

Junaid: North Will Remove Any President Who Attempts To Implement 2014 Confab / Implement 2014 Confab Report If You Are Sincere, Adebanjo Tells Buhari / Nigeria Would Have Progressed If Buhari Had Implemented 2014 Confab– Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by sweetsandy4luv(f): 11:33am On Oct 03, 2017
Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report, You Won’t Believe What Shehu Tag Biafra Agitators {Must Read}

THE Presidency has once again made it clear that it would not consider the 2014 Confab report, despite calls from some quarters that the recommendations be considered and implemented.

Asked why the Federal Government would not consider the report, Shehu said: “It was not an inclusive conference. You very well recall that the leaders of our own party – whether ACN and all of that and the governors were missing from that conference.

‘’To make matters worse, the confab was heavily criticised but the Goodluck Jonathan administration went on with it.

This (the confab) was lopsided in terms of representation, ethnically, religiously, regionally; and they were insensitive to all of these things and then they want to force it down the throats of everyone.

That is why it’s a problem.” President Buhari and his administration had called on aggrieved people in the country to take their grievances to the National Assembly which it said had the constitutional backing to address such concerns.

But there had been concerns that it would be impossible to get the National Assembly to make laws in line with the desires and wishes of Nigerians, especially as such laws may be detrimental to interests represented by the lawmakers.

Shehu is not bothered by such concerns. Reason: “The members of the National Assembly are not aliens and they don’t come from the moon.

They are Nigerians and they are representing definite constituencies in some of the states. So, they are serving the purpose of representation.

Why can’t they be trusted?” The Presidential aide suggested that those behind the agitation in the country were those who had failed the nation in the past. “It is not like I have no respect for older people.

But there are people who think that they have messed up this country so much that they now want to resolve the problems that they created and they are in a hurry to do that,” he said.

Hard knocks for Shehu’s views attracted hard knocks from some delegates to the confab and leaders who insisted that the country must be restructured urgently to accelerate socio-economic growth and development.

Those who picked holes in the Presidency’s stance were Leader of the National Christian Elders Forum, NCEF, Chief Solomon Asemota; Elder statesman and Afenifere chieftain, Chief Ayo Adebanjo; Elder statesman, Chief E.K. Clark; Ogoni activist, Mr. Ledum MitEe, Mr Yinka Odumakin; and former President of Trade Unions Congress, TUC, Mr. Peter Esele.
Countine Reading here>>>https://www.newsflashngr.com/shehu-garba-nothing-will-make-buhari-implement-2014-confab-report-wont-believe-shehu-tag-biafra-agitators-must-read/

Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by Paperwhite(m): 11:47am On Oct 03, 2017
Talking with so much pride and arrogance.See the wicked souls and tyrants that Nigeria have in power sad This daft aboki have fogotten that like he was a one time NUJ president,Buhari will also leave power too someday. Power is transient man.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by gidgiddy: 12:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
I like this.

When Biafran sympathisers agitate, some peoole will say "get your Lawmakers to push your message in the national assembly"

Well, those who want restructuring should follow the same advice and "get your Lawmakers to push your message at the national assembly"

What is good for the Goose is also good for the Gander

5 Likes

Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by Daplux4: 12:01pm On Oct 03, 2017
There is no way the national Assembly can meet up with our demand.
if ur party then was not involved in confab who's fault was that.
that shows insincerity because if we must live together as one Nigeria North must listen to South.
you can not tell me of all the recommendation in confab u can not or at least bring better option that can.bring lasting peace to this country
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by TheFreeOne: 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2017
It's now official that we've got idiots running the country and surrounding themselves with fellow idiotic brain cripples aides that keeps talking down on Nigerians with so much arrogance.

Garbage or whatever his name now defends the opposition that refused to participate in a conference that cuts across the country's religious, political, civil societies, lawyers, traditional leaders, students e.t.c
I remember vividly Tinubu kicked against the conference immediately his plane landed at the airport claiming it's not acceptable all because of his political ambition then.

And which NASS is he talking about? The one that already kicked against restructuring?

If Garba thinks Nigerians are fools then he and those he represents needs new functional brains.
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by Bari22: 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
I'm coming
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by GreyLaw(m): 1:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
When sane people call out Buhari and his co-travellers for the hardened and unbending people they are, a lot of hypocrites on NL will come online and tell you how he is their Lord and Personal Saviour.

Well, baba, now that you are there, enjoy. Take Nigerians for a ride as much as you want. It's your time, do shakara!

After all, NL citizens say you are the best thing since butter.

Finally, a thousand pities to the foolish and overridden South.
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by Optional09: 2:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
These Buhari teem are good with talking nonsense
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by simaustine: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2017
you taught you n ur government will remain in power forever,pride goes before a fall.
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by clevvermind(m): 2:10pm On Oct 03, 2017
TO ME BUHARI IS A FAILURE.
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by stanleyalpacino(m): 2:48pm On Oct 03, 2017
Me: thinking how people sleep at night after supporting this cursed GOVERNMENT .

Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by senatorizyking(m): 2:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Hahahahahahaha, The owners of Nigeria has spoken and that's final.

One Nigeria is a hate speech!
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by zionmade(m): 5:30pm On Oct 03, 2017
Thats why i almost gave someone a resounding slap for wishing me happy independence. I wonder wat is happy inside this dungeon called a country ruled by mad and wicked men.
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by JaffyJoe(m): 5:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
zionmade:
Thats why i almost gave someone a resounding slap for wishing me happy independence. I wonder wat is happy inside this dungeon called a country ruled by mad and wicked men.

Best thing is to gather money and bounce from this effed up country to a saner place like Switzerland or Australia. Visit once in a while, care for and remit €€$$ to family. Our kids won't forgive us if we choose to raise them here in this calaboose up to adulthood.
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by merit455(m): 5:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
Imagined, who voted for this people biko! Chain,speechless. All stupid illiterate, mumu,idiots zombies will avoid this thread
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by potipher7: 5:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
Gworo chewing malam has spoken

Only a bastard will expect a useless presidiot like buhari to make something that will benefit the south grin
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by zionmade(m): 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
JaffyJoe:

Best thing is to gather money and bounce from this effed up country to a saner place like Switzerland or Australia. Visit once in a while, care for and remit €€$$ to family. Our kids won't forgive us if we choose to raise them here in this calaboose up to adulthood.
very true if my wife dont get a one year visa to US or canada, then she wont take in, because its shameful to be tagged a nigerian most times. Non of my kids would be called a nigerian.
A country where the illiterates rule the learned people, after 57yrs no single progress, wat a dungeon
Re: Shehu Garba – Nothing Will Make Buhari Implement 2014 Confab Report by TheFreeOne: 9:50pm On Oct 03, 2017
zionmade:
grin grin grin

It's quite saddening we've got a government of 'ruination' in charge.

Some 15m voters just foolishly brought a disastrously incompetent bigot upon the country.

(1) (Reply)

IPOB Terrorists Are The Greatest Liars And Chestbeaters-see Proof / PHOTO: Obasanjo Wished President Buhari Happy 78th Birthday On His 75th Birthday / Facebook Post: South-East Is Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.