Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria (530 Views)

Adeboye A Very Incapable Human Being. / Prophet Who Practises Both Islam And Christianity In Kogi (Photos, Videos) / G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by Mrchippychappy(m): 11:42am On Oct 03, 2017
Normally I wouldn't create a thread such as this because of the possibility of atheists and other unscrupulous characters hijacking this thread to promote their agenda, however at some point I believe the truth MUST be brought to light.

I read through G.O Adeboye Sunday speech here (excerpts quoted below) and I was terribly shocked to read what a so called revered Man of God (or as some would say these days, god of Men)shamelessly said to his church members from the pulpit on Sunday. This god of men went against ALL what the bible talks about in regards to the qualities of a TRUE Man of God. All through the bible, it is written that as Christians we should :

1. NEVER make a show of our righteousness.

Matthew 6:1 When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven.

When you give to the poor, don’t blow a loud horn. That’s what show-offs do in the meeting places and on the street corners, because they are always looking for praise. I can assure you that they already have their reward.

When you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know about it.[a] 4 Then your gift will be given in secret. Your Father knows what is done in secret, and he will reward you.

2. NEVER mock or rejoice over the unfortunate events that has befallen others, be them your enemies or friends.
Proverbs 24:17 - Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles.

Proverbs 17:5 - Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

Proverb 19: 29 - Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.

Ephesians 5:4 ESV - Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

So you could imagine how shocked I was when I read that a Christian, let alone a so called man of God could make fun of the unfortunate events that befell his fellow country men in the past. Below are some excerpts from the filth that this so called man of God recklessly spewed on his Sunday service

BEVERLY HILLS, October 02, (THEWILL) – The Redeemed Christian Church of God, RCCG, General Overseer, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, Daddy GO, on Sunday revealed how the church bought its massive campground located along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway for N6,000.

He further advised Nigerians against beating the drums of war, pointing out that the effects of war are detrimental. The cleric narrated the ordeal of an Igbo girl, whose resuscitation during the Civil War, took more than human efforts.

“During the civil, I was working in Ondo state, and so we were very close to Ore. And of course those of you who are old enough to remember, the toughest battle of the civil war was fought in Ore, and for months after the war was over, there were still skeletons scattered all over in the bush.

“After the war, we took in an Igbo girl; she was supposed to come and be a house help; but we spent three months nursing her back to health, because she was so weak, she couldn’t even carry a bottle of coke.

Does this sound like what a responsible man of God would preach to his members on a service day? if truly he adopted someone then it would be said he did it out of his good will and if that truly is the case, then what did the bible say about good deeds? see Matthew 6:1 -3 .

“After we nursed her back to health, physically, we had to nurse her back to mental health. We had to keep on reminding her that the war is over, but she would wake up at night shaking asking “where am I?” “Which side is the army coming from?”

“We had to spend time to tell her stop chasing lizards, because towards the end of the war, they were, according to her, no lizards left in the east, because they were used for food.

“Please, don’t talk about war. I don’t want war. I don’t want war in Nigeria,”
the RCCG Overseer said.

Does the man of God really have to make fun of the adopted girl's traumatic situation? Does the Man of God have to be so insensitive to the unfortunate event of starvation that led to the death of 3 million people during the Civil war? Has he truly not read the bible verses

Proverbs 24:17 , Proverbs 17:5 , Proverb 19: 29

Did he not read the part in the Bible when the starvation was so severe that people ate their own children? Does he not know about the fate of the Edomites and Amorites when they refused to help their starving Israeli brethren?

All these are sensitive issues and if no one in the bible thought it necessary to mock the people who went through such then how can a so called G.O say such things from the most holy place in the Church, which is the pulpit?

Also,does the man of God really need to use a trumpet to sing his own praise? does he really need to talk about the unfortunate events of others in such a demeaning manner? Aren't there other ways to speak in favour of peace and unity without the subtle mockery (a very poor subtlety if I may add ).

I would conclude with the following verses:

Matthew 24:24 NIV - For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 7:15-20 NIV -15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

John 14:15 New King James Version - “If you love Me, keep[a] My commandments.

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by delishpot: 11:54am On Oct 03, 2017
I still don't see the parts where he mocked the girl or display his charity for all to see sha. He said what happened during the war to warn people about the evils of war.

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by cliquevibes(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
delishpot:
I still don't see the parts where he mocked the girl or display his charity for all to see sha. He said what happened during the war to warn people about the evils of war.
Thank you, was also looking for that part.

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by cliquevibes(m): 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
All I jst read there was he talking bout the tinz he experienced during d war, d girl story came in, plz show me where he mocked d girl...

Guess this is wat happens when u in an elevated post, pple will surely look for a way to turn your words against you, even if he decided nt to talk, they wuld say he is too proud...

This is jst pure rubbish...

1 Like

Re: G.O Adeboye : A Huge Stain On Modern Christianity In Nigeria by dayowunmi(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
Mrchippychappy:
Normally I wouldn't create a thread such as this because of the possibility of atheists and other unscrupulous characters hijacking this thread to promote their agenda, however at some point I believe the truth MUST be brought to light.

I read through G.O Adeboye Sunday speech here (excerpts quoted below) and I was terribly shocked to read what a so called revered Man of God (or as some would say these days, god of Men)shamelessly said to his church members from the pulpit on Sunday. This god of men went against ALL what the bible talks about in regards to the qualities of a TRUE Man of God. All through the bible, it is written that as Christians we should :

1. NEVER make a show of our righteousness.

Matthew 6:1 When you do good deeds, don’t try to show off. If you do, you won’t get a reward from your Father in heaven.

When you give to the poor, don’t blow a loud horn. That’s what show-offs do in the meeting places and on the street corners, because they are always looking for praise. I can assure you that they already have their reward.

When you give to the poor, don’t let anyone know about it.[a] 4 Then your gift will be given in secret. Your Father knows what is done in secret, and he will reward you.

2. NEVER mock or rejoice over the unfortunate events that has befallen others, be them your enemies or friends.
Proverbs 24:17 - Do not rejoice when your enemy falls, and let not your heart be glad when he stumbles.

Proverbs 17:5 - Whoever mocks the poor insults his Maker; he who is glad at calamity will not go unpunished.

Proverb 19: 29 - Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.

Ephesians 5:4 ESV - Let there be no filthiness nor foolish talk nor crude joking, which are out of place, but instead let there be thanksgiving.

So you could imagine how shocked I was when I read that a Christian, let alone a so called man of God could make fun of the unfortunate events that befell his fellow country men in the past. Below are some excerpts from the filth that this so called man of God recklessly spewed on his Sunday service

Does this sound like what a responsible man of God would preach to his members on a service day? if truly he adopted someone then it would be said he did it out of his good will and if that truly is the case, then what did the bible say about good deeds? see Matthew 6:1 -3 .

Does the man of God really have to make fun of the adopted girl's traumatic situation? Does the Man of God have to be so insensitive to the unfortunate event of starvation that led to the death of 3 million people during the Civil war? Has he truly not read the bible verses

Proverbs 24:17 , Proverbs 17:5 , Proverb 19: 29

Did he not read the part in the Bible when the starvation was so severe that people ate their own children? Does he not know about the fate of the Edomites and Amorites when they refused to help their starving Israeli brethren?

All these are sensitive issues and if no one in the bible thought it necessary to mock the people who went through such then how can a so called G.O say such things from the most holy place in the Church, which is the pulpit?

Also,does the man of God really need to use a trumpet to sing his own praise? does he really need to talk about the unfortunate events of others in such a demeaning manner? Aren't there other ways to speak in favour of peace and unity without the subtle mockery (a very poor subtlety if I may add ).

I would conclude with the following verses:

Matthew 24:24 NIV - For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

Matthew 7:15-20 NIV -15 “Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. 16 By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles?

John 14:15 New King James Version - “If you love Me, keep[a] My commandments.

This thread makes no sense, I don't even know where to start from? you talk of showing off? do they share testimony in your church? if they don't, then ur church is un-biblical if they do, then perhaps its also showing off isn't it? cos telling God's deed of faithfulness in ur life and ministry is of course showing off in ur dictionary. They were in need of a bigger venue, the offer on ground was too expensive and he refused to borrow and God in his own way provided a far cheaper and affordable alternative! I think the issue here is that the message is too advanced for you, you needed someone to break it down for you, unfortunately you didnt get one, hence your arrogant display of ignorance in the open square. He spoke about a girl he adopted, in what light did he spoke about it? in light of admonition for Nigerians to live peacefully and avoid war, he merely used the girl's encounter as a story to drive home the point, is there any protracted war that doesn't leave behind a trail of wanton killings and psychological torment for some of the survivor's? if you had even a little understanding of theology and even the ministry of Jesus you will see a lot of instances where he told stories just to explain a message, e.g. the prodigal son, the good Samaritan, the rich fool etc, but of course you are probably one of these fellows who don't think things deeply before creating useless threads on nairaland. You claim hes making a show of his righteousness, Lol, consider the words of Paul, I thank my God, I pray in tongues more than ye all... that is also making a show I suppose! I doubt you even read the bible at all, how do I even know you are a Christian sef! could be one of these Alfas with a mini bible just acting the part of a rabble rouser. I dare you to respond objectively to this comment, if you are a Christian, let's argue scripture for scripture. I pray you don't chicken out though. if you are a christian, what are you playing at? what is your end game? so that unbelievers will see it and jump in to be criticizing our pastors! Show me a thread opened by a moslem, bashing an imam or sheikh...i will wait! but Christians will be busy opening threads bashing the anointed. What a shame. I so much hate all these acts of legalistic Christianity, reading the letter and impatiently missing out on the message. Believe me am not bashing you, ur post make zero sense. Finally, since you know so much about what is right, why don't you go and open your own church and just settle the issue once and for all!

(1) (Reply)

Faith Confession Of The Week - Light & Illumination / Is It Right To Talk About People's Misfortune In Our Prayers? / Rccg Sunday School Lesson 10 [sunday 5th November, 2017]: The Holy Spirit In Act

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.