Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,715 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose (833 Views)

Elon Musk Hires New Female CEO For Twitter / SEC Concludes Oando Investigation: Bars Group CEO For Five Years / Dangote Cement Strengthens, Appoints Acting Ceo For Congo Operation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose by ejovwovincent(f): 3:30am On Oct 04, 2017
I'm going to answer this question as if the CEO is basically the all-powerful dictator of a company. I realize that's a little unrealistic, but so is the notion of being CEO for a day, and what's more I enjoy fantasizing about being the all-powerful dictator of a company, namely Apple.

Why Apple? So I could undo all the terrible, and largely unnoticed, damage that Tim Cook and his deputies have done to the company over the past six years. I would give Jony Ive a choice between returning to his position as head of industrial design or leaving the company. He, along with a number of others (e.g., Craig Federighi), have utterly destroyed Appleā€™s software, specifically iOS, and even more specifically the music app, which was once a joy to use, but is now wretchedly, appallingly, breathtakingly ugly and unintuitive.

I would track down Scott Forstall, pull him out of whatever gutter he happened to be lying in, and tell him that he's once again the head of mobile software at Apple. Then I would explain to him my concept for the music app. It would have two sides between which the user switches by tapping a button in the top-left corner of the screen; on one side, My Music, and on the other, Apple Music. When the user is in My Music, all the tabs on the bottom of the screen pertain to My Music (i.e., Songs, Artists, Albums, etc.), and when he is in Apple Music, all the tabs pertain to Apple Music (i.e., For You, Browse, Radio, etc.). The only thing that doesn't change or disappear when the user switches between sides is the Now Playing bar, which is located right above the aforementioned tabs, and the search icon, which is located in the top-right corner. These changes, along with others I have in mind, would go a very long way toward making the music app as elegant and easy to use as it was before Ive and company put their pretentious, skeuomorphism-hating meathooks on it.

Apple Watch would be discontinued. Why? Because companies fail when they lose sight of their mission, and Apple's mission, historically, has been to make insanely great premium technology products for the masses. What does "for the masses" mean? Two things: reasonably affordable (i.e., expensive, but not out of most people's financial reach), and immensely useful to the average person. The Apple Watch is an insanely mediocre premium technology product for rich people who love to have the latest gadgets. Does it have some very useful features? Sure. But those features are not enough to make it immensely useful to the average person, especially given the fact that, as ease and delightfulness of use are concerned, it falls so terribly short of the standard set by the truly revolutionary Apple products to which Cook, in his introduction of the Apple Watch, idiotically compared it.

There are other things I would do, but this answer is getting long. Adios.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose by pussyeater(m): 3:36am On Oct 04, 2017
Lekki Toll Gate

2 Likes

Re: If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose by madridguy(m): 4:01am On Oct 04, 2017
tongue

pussyeater:
Lekki Toll Gate
Re: If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose by millhouse: 4:24am On Oct 04, 2017
bet9ja

1 Like

Re: If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose by thesicilian: 5:58am On Oct 04, 2017
pussyeater:
Lekki Toll Gate
Future looter spotted.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose by hakimi1974(m): 6:01am On Oct 04, 2017
m.t.n, i will order t.n.t be placed in all their server rooms across naija and blow them to kingdom come.
Re: If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose by OliveCynosure(f): 6:15am On Oct 04, 2017
Zapphire Events cool
Re: If You Had A Chance To Be A CEO For The Day, Which Company Would You Choose by opeyehmmy(m): 6:39am On Oct 04, 2017
Microsoft

(1) (Reply)

Business Investment / Receive Free Stellar Coins By Posting In Forum / Low Investment In Exploration By Oil Companies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.