Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:52 PM

The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity (394 Views)

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die / Femi Fani-Kayode: ‘Fulanis Are The Greatest Danger To Nigeria's Unity’ / Anybody That Jokes With Nigeria's Unity Has A Problem With Us - President Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity by OBJlive: 12:05pm On Oct 04, 2017
Often times other Nigerians quickly pour unnecessary vituperation on the Igbo Nation and unfortunately too they forget that this single ethnic Nation are actually the thread that has held Nigeria together.Go to every nook and cranny of this country you will discover that the Igbo man has brought his ingenuity to bare in no little way.When an Igbo man travels to another location outside the Southeast, he first finds the needs of the residents, he then makes move to meet it; thereby starting a business.It could be that people are in dire need of drinking water,he sinks a borehole and begin to sell water,or that people are in need of food stuff or other provisions he heads back to east buys the needed articles and return to start his business. Before long he expands his tentacles and brings in apprentice to assist. Before you could say NIGERIA he has bought a land builds and resides there permanently and only visiting East once in a while.
Igbo's are the only reason Nigeria can be said to be "one Nigeria" .whereas his counterpart from the core North herds his cow to any destination in Nigeria, destroying farmlands as he goes,sells his cow to whoever needs it and at night sleeps in the bush with the herds and heads back when he is done,he heads back Northwards without leaving any footprint in the sands of time.Yet this are the people who are claiming to be better Nigerians than Igbo.This is deception!
If Nigeria was some country in Europe she would hold the Igbos in highest esteem rather than hate them.
If you go to sabongari Kano (Kano State Nigeria)you would see the Igbo Ingenuity.Go to Alaba international Market (Lagos State Nigeria)the story is the same.And so on.
No doubt the IGBOS are the most accommodating of all Nigeria's Nationalities.Since you do not give what you don't have.The ones living in my neighborhood are peacefully businesslike.
If Nigeria and indeed other Nigerians like myself are looking for a more united,prosperous and progressive Nigeria then support the IGBO MAN to preside over the affairs of Nigeria.They are Nigeria's THREAD OF UNITY.
Re: The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity by TheArchangel(f): 12:07pm On Oct 04, 2017
All I am seeing here is Igbo, East, southeast blabla. So, no East no unity or what?
Re: The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity by Likei(m): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nigeria is a zoo, please let biafra go.

2 Likes

Re: The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity by Bayajidda1: 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2017
Re: The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity by Bayajidda1: 12:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
TheArchangel:
All I am seeing here is Igbo, East, southeast blabla. So, no East no unity or what?

grin

1 Like

Re: The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity by SpComedy: 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2017
if Nigeria wanna burn, let it burn, no one cares

1 Like

Re: The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity by sheDD(m): 5:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
SpComedy:
if Nigeria wanna burn, let it burn, no one cares
oga I cares
Re: The Thread Of Nigeria's Unity by SpComedy: 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2017
sheDD:
oga I cares
Lol manest

(1) (Reply)

If You Are From Jaba LGA Of Kaduna State Get In Here / Trump Gets A Win In Court On Travel Ban / Senator Bassey Albert Letter To Mr. Etetim Successful Surgery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.