Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,232 members, 7,836,113 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. (2763 Views)

Discussion For Nairaland Atheists Only. / To The Atheists Only. / Opinion Census For Theists Only! (Christian or Muslim) Who Or What Is Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Humanistme: 8:04am On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Ifenes disagrees with you.

and?? I thought you wanted opinions

The real question is do I really disagree with him?

answer; NO

the specie homo sapiens are animals with a difference.

all animals ain't the same bro that is why there is classification in the first place.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 8:09am On Oct 05, 2017
Humanistme:

and?? I thought you wanted opinions

The real question is do I really disagree with him?

answer; NO

the specie homo sapiens are animals with a difference.

all animals ain't the same bro that is why there is classification in the first place.

Yes I want opinions which incidentally ifenes is and others have been providing.

Does classification change the true nature or the true nature does not deserve to be classified?

The term TRUE NATURE is the working term. Who can determine the true nature?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Humanistme: 8:14am On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Yes I want opinions which incidentally ifenes is and others have been providing.

Does classification change the true nature or the true nature does not deserve to be classified?

The term TRUE NATURE is the working term. Who can determine the true nature?

I have provided my opinion you are free to disagree and classify based on true nature according to you.

Unless this is a troll thread like the water thread.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 8:33am On Oct 05, 2017
Humanistme:

I have provided my opinion you are free to disagree and classify based on true nature according to you.

Unless this is a troll thread like the water thread.

stop seeing trolls everywhere
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by vaxx: 10:16am On Oct 05, 2017
ifenes:
Like I have said many time, words have meanings. Like referring to one's self as a "person" has its own meaning. Accepting to be called a person in a legal system mean you have no natural right you would have if you referred to yourself as a "Human Being" or "Man"

Words are powerful and they shape who we are. Do we just accept beliefs( academical and religious) because we are a graduate of schools( brainwash institutions) ? Now we even refer to ourselves as " animals" as this further confines us to the prison walls of survival rather than actually living.

This topic is huge and simple. This is a battle between free thoughts and academical programmed minds. One part sees themselves as animals due to affiliation of a certain type of education. Some other see themselves as more than animals. I personally will not refer to myself as an animal because some books said so. I am a Hu-Man-Being ( knowing being) not less in any shape or form. Animals are caged oppressed, thought for, reformed, tamed etc......I cannot be
i partially agree with you... But your answer is more of egoism rather than the fact......

We human refuse to be call animal becuse of our brainpower, nothing more....and my thought is this ....do animals have the same thought with us, do they care to be human ?

Probably they also reject the idea of the human labeling supposing they are call human, since science hasn't develop mind reader.... That will be a question for another day....

Why should we reject the idea of animal labelling.....simple answer ...ego....

Ego is the root of supremacy.

this egoism with semi illiteracy, makes us believe we are the most supreme being in this universe ..nothing proof it.......

Human want to feel superior, and it is easy to do that with the animal kingdom, because animals do not reply nor care...may be they’ve got better things to do.....

Therefore we can bring in these human animals concept to the fact that they belong to the animal kingdom, and let them to believe what they want and be enlightened or ignorant for the rest of their lives.....:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by johnydon22(m): 10:20am On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Cc johnydon22

yes?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2017
vaxx:
i partially agree with you... But your answer is more of egoism rather than the fact......

We human refuse to be call animal becuse of our brainpower, nothing more....and my taught is this ....do animals have the same thought with us, do they care to be human ?

Probably they also reject the idea of the human labeling supposing they are call human, since science hasn't develop mind reader.... That will be a question for another day....

this egoism with semi illiteracy, makes us believe we are the most supreme being in this universe ..nothing proof it.......

Human want to feel superior, and it is easy to do that with the animal kingdom, because animals do not reply nor care...may be they’ve got better things to do.....

Therefore we can bring in these human animals concept to the fact that they belong to the animal kingdom, and let them to believe what they want and be enlightened or ignorant for the rest of their lives.....:

What you are saying is that we control whatever perception others have of themselves based on what we tell ourselves that they are and not that those perceptions are actually true.

If this is right, then are we qualified to control our own perceptions of who we think we are if our judgement is influenced by a lot of wrong factors?

If ego can make us think too highly of ourselves can also loathing not make us thing too low of ourselves? Can both positions be true if the source is problematic?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Humanistme: 10:38am On Oct 05, 2017
vaxx:

We human refuse to be call animal becuse of our brainpower, nothing more....and my taught is this ....do animals have the same thought with us, do they care to be human ?

I really like your perspective. The animal kingdom have characteristics that we share yet each group within each family are distinct in their own way. So we human believe the characteristics that make us different(I.E. Our brain power) is the reason why we are where we are today and makes us superior.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by vaxx: 11:24am On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=butterflyl1on post=61125309]

What you are saying is that we control whatever perception others have of themselves based on what we tell ourselves that they are and not that those perceptions are actually true.

If this is right, then are we qualified to control our own perceptions of who we think we are if our judgement is influenced by a lot of wrong factors? {/quote} wrong factor.? But what can that be...but if i may try....our own perception depends on self knowledge” this self knowledge is of one’s own sensations, thoughts, beliefs, and other mental states. Can all this be wrong? Well it depends on you argue it..{/quote}
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by vaxx: 11:26am On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=butterflyl1on post=61125309]

If this is right, then are we qualified to control our own perceptions of who we think we are if our judgement is influenced by a lot of wrong factors? {/quote]wrong factor.? But what can that be...but if i may try....our own perception depends on self knowledge” this self knowledge is of one’s own sensations, thoughts, beliefs, and other mental states. Can all this be wrong? Well it depends on you argue it..
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2017
[quote author=vaxx post=61126951][/quote]

Well you mentioned ego and I can ask "is ego good in this context " since it may not be truthful.

Likewise self loathing. Can self loathing be good in this context since it may also not be true.

You said due to ego man sees himself as not an animal.

I countered by saying that self loathing may make man see himself as an animal or worthless.

Since both are influenced by something. How then are we sure they are both right positions. Or that the conclusions derived form them are true.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by vaxx: 12:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Well you mentioned ego and I can ask "is ego good in this context " since it may not be truthful.

Likewise self loathing. Can self loathing be good in this context since it may also not be true.

You said due to ego man sees himself as not an animal.

I countered by saying that self loathing may make man see himself as an animal or worthless.

Since both are influenced by something. How then are we sure they are both right positions. Or that the conclusions derived form them are true.
of which, I reply that what influence them is self knowledge, this self knowledge is of one’s own sensations, thoughts, beliefs, and other mental states. Can all this be wrong?

Can we think logically about the ego yes, can we think logically about the low self esteem yes..anything that is defined properly , described in enough details can generate premises and from it we can draw valid conclusion.... Valid conclusion isn't the same thing as the real truth...it is just rich enough to accept our state of mind.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by JackBizzle: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2017
No need to wax too much philosophy here.

Humans are animals.

If you do not believe, take the most civilized adult human then beat and starve him for 2 days.

On the 3rd day, put the adult among children who have food but have been instructed not to give him any.

That human being will savagely fight to eat. When it comes to survival, brain power goes dead, only the animal instict to survive remains

1 Like

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 05, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Clay the Lord formed and blew cattarh into.
Hahaha. grin
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Oct 05, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Just like and share.
You're so fvcking wicked, sonOfLucifer. grin
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by ifenes(m): 2:51pm On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Ifenes this comment by you is why I opened this thread and refused to define anything even when constantly harassed to do so.

Are we all simply definitions? Who has the right to define anyone?

Even if i was defined, do I not have the right to change the definition of myself? Do I not have the right to change me as the knowing being which I am?

Indeed calling myself anything derogatory such as an animal when I refuse to be subjected to such as A CHOICE can I not then change that view?

Ifenes what would you say about the consciousness of this hu-man? Is it within limits of this realm or does this realm hold no restriction?

I will quickly post a reply

We are way more than science and academical books have limited us to. We in our true essence have no definition. If I may freely express myself here, I will have to say we are a bundle of unlimited possibilities. Calling ourselves or accepting to be called animal is like subconscious voodoo, it automatically shows you are limited. That is objectifying ourselves.

And because we have accepted this limiting definitions we tend to accept labels, passports, birth certificates etc. I'm I really 20, 30 or 40 years old ? Of course not, I'm ancient, we all are. Let's call ourselves what we are - Ancients of days, Beings( to be or exist continuously)

The consciousness of the human being: We are more than our bodies. The deeper part of us exist in every possible realms we can ever imagine. And yet we can limit ourselves to what we see today. That's the power of illusion we pocess.

Someone said I say all these things out of ego...... Well it's called self love. I will not call myself a bastard because Isaac Newton thinks so.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 2:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
ifenes:

I will quickly post a reply

We are way more than science and academical books have limited us to. We in our true essence have no definition. If I may freely express myself here, I will have to say we are a bundle of unlimited possibilities. Calling ourselves or accepting to be called animal is like subconscious voodoo, it automatically shows you are limited. That is objectifying ourselves.

And because we have accepted this limiting definitions we tend to accept labels, passports, birth certificates etc. I'm I really 20, 30 or 40 years old ? Of course not, I'm ancient, we all are. Let's call ourselves what we are - Ancients of days, Beings( to be or exist continuously)

The consciousness of the human being: We are more than our bodies. The deeper part of us exist in every possible realms we can ever imagine. And yet we can limit ourselves to what we see today. That's the power of illusion we pocess.

Someone said I say all these things out of ego...... Well it's called self love. I will not call myself a bastard because Isaac Newton thinks so.

May I then ask how you are so sure of the things you say even without empirical proof.

What would make anyone accept your comments above or even consider it?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by frank317: 3:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Just like and share.

Loooool...now this got me laughing my ass off
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by vaxx: 3:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
ifenes:

call it self love , self intrest, self worth, self hype ... They are all product of self egoism........

According to webster dictionary....it define egoism as thus...making largely impulsive judgments and behaving based on whether it helps a human’s self-interest .....your analogy fall into this categories.... It is self knowledge.... It those not mean what you are saying is the real truth...
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Did I say your claim was said outside science?

This was my comment to sonfolucifer

Does that in any way contradict your comment?

I am not here to debate science but to seek opinions so if you wish to be rude and call my or anyone's opinions shitty then kindly stop at this point and get the hell out from this thread.

Quoting your comment was simply to show sonofLuc1fer what he asked for and not as an invite to you since you already feel your opinion is paramount and others outside yours MUST be shitty.

If all opinions are irrelevant to you must you then be rude while passing this message across?

Please leave if you cannot understand that respect is reciprocal and you have absolutely no right to ridicule anyone who does not agree with what you think is all there is.
So this is your new tactic. Anyone who says your opinion is bullshiit is being aggressive and rude, when such person is just being honest. Cool. Very cool.

As for me, I wouldn't care if anyone calls my argument bullshit, but would rather be focused on the substance of his argument and demand that he SHOWS me how my opinion is actually bullshiit. All these sentiments of yours are just you being emotional.

I consider Christianity bullshiit, the same way many Christians consider atheism stupid, soporofic, vapid, and irrational. But that doesn't stop me from engaging them in debates.

When the subject matter is a GENERAL ISSUE, that can be OBJECTIVELY analysed, then everyone can't be right, and there can be no "my opinion is valid, your opinion is valid" sentiments. We're talking FACTS not anyone's personal FEELINGS, so if your argument is empty and ridiculous, I would call it exactly what it is.

But when the subject matter is a PERSONAL ISSUE, that depends on each person's SUBJECTIVE PREFERENCE, then we can respect each other's feelings and opinions. For example, "Blue, or red, which color is better?". There is no "right" answer to this. "Jollof rice or Fried rice, which is more delicious?". Subjective. No "right" answer. "Is it alright to date a lady with huge behind?". This has also got to do with PERSONAL PREFERENCE. No one has any right to attack you over which ever answer you choose. We all have different TASTES.

So when I see you disregarding FACTS, abusing reason and logic, and tendering opinions and assumptions as TRUTH, I have the right to use whatever harsh word is appropriate. The same applies to you.

By the way, I never saw you apply this new rubbish you're preaching during your debates with CatfishBilly in the past. You were so rude that you attacked his character and every other thing you considered worth attacking

DO YOU MIND EXPLAINING YOURSELF?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 4:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
So this is your new tactic. Anyone who says your opinion is bullshiit is being aggressive and rude, when such person is just being honest. Cool. Very cool.

As for me, I wouldn't care if anyone calls my argument bullshit, but would rather be focused on the substance of his argument and demand that he SHOWS me how my opinion is actually bullshiit. All these sentiments of yours are just you being emotional.

I consider Christianity bullshiit, the same way many Christians consider atheism stupid, soporofic, vapid, and irrational. But that doesn't stop me from engaging in debates with Christians.

When the subject matter is a GENERAL ISSUE, that can be OBJECTIVELY analysed, then everyone can't be right, and there can be no "my opinion is valid, your opinion is valid" sentiments. We're talking FACTS not anyone's personal FEELINGS, so if your argument is empty and ridiculous, I would call it exactly what it is.

But when the subject matter is a PERSONAL ISSUE, that depends on each person's SUBJECTIVE PREFERENCE, then we can respect each other's feelings and opinions. For example, "Blue, or read, which color is better?". There is no "right" answer to this. "Jollof rice or Fried rice, which is more delicious?". Subjective. No "right" answer. "Is it alright to date a lady with huge behind?". This has also got to do with PERSONAL PREFERENCE. No one has any right to attack you over which ever answer you chose. We all have different TASTES.

So when I see you disregarding FACTS, abusing reason and logic, and tendering opinions and assumptions as TRUE, I have the right to use whatever harsh word is appropriate. The same thing applies to you.

Your mental state is already set on the course of seeing derogatory comments as perfectly normal so why am I not surprised.

Passing a message across without deriding the one the message is being directed at shouldn't be an impossibility should it?

Did I insult him or his opinion during the presentation of the OP or my comments to sonofLuc1fer? What then warranted his obviously silly response?

You on the other hand has no business responding to comment to him which he had obviously already seen but chose not to respond. The comment was not directed at you so your response is not needed. Thank you.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Your mental state is already set on the course of seeing derogatory comments as perfectly normal so why am I not surprised.

Passing a message across without deriding the one the message is being directed at shouldn't be an impossibility should it?

Did I insult him or his opinion during the presentation of the OP or my comments to sonofLuc1fer? What then warranted his obviously silly response?

You on the other hand has no business responding to comment to him which he had obviously already seen but chose not to respond. The comment was not directed at you so your response is not needed. Thank you.
Beautiful. I've edited that post. Answer the question I asked.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 4:17pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:

I consider Christianity bullshiit, the same way many Christians consider atheism stupid, soporofic, vapid, and irrational. But that doesn't stop me from engaging them in debates.

But when the subject matter is a PERSONAL ISSUE, that depends on each person's SUBJECTIVE PREFERENCE, then we can respect each other's feelings and opinions. For example, "Blue, or red, which color is better?". There is no "right" answer to this. "Jollof rice or Fried rice, which is more delicious?". Subjective. No "right" answer. "Is it alright to date a lady with huge behind?". This has also got to do with PERSONAL PREFERENCE. No one has any right to attack you over which ever answer you chose. We all have different TASTES.

So when I see you disregarding FACTS, abusing reason and logic, and tendering opinions and assumptions as TRUTH, I have the right to use whatever harsh word is appropriate. The same thing applies to you.

By the way, I never saw you apply this new rubbish you're preaching during your debates with CatfishBilly in the past. You were so rude that you attacked his character and every other thing you considered worth attacking

Regarding your last comment this thread is AN OPINION CENSUS THREAD and not a debate thread.

I offered no foundation for a debate even when I was being forced to do so. Definitions would have given the platform for a debate but I left those out. So how you came to see this thread as a debate thread and equating that with my debate with catfishbilly beats my imagination.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 4:20pm On Oct 05, 2017
That being said, I expect no more retorts from you and if you choose to still do so then I am not obliged to respond. Thank you.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 4:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:
Nice way to tap out. Fvcking disgusting HYPOCRITE. I was on that thread the whole time watching you ridicule the doctor with delight, telling Ishilove how "bad" your mouth is, and how "you've got no chill".

Motherfvcker is now telling a different story. Keep it up, butterflyliar. grin

Are you quite done? If you are then thank you for your contribution. We can move on now.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 4:38pm On Oct 05, 2017
To whom it may concern, kindly refrain from derailing this thread!
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Humanistme: 5:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
ToZaraWithaZ:

But when the subject matter is a PERSONAL ISSUE, that depends on each person's SUBJECTIVE PREFERENCE, then we can respect each other's feelings and opinions. For example, "Blue, or red, which color is better?". There is no "right" answer to this. "Jollof rice or Fried rice, which is more delicious?". Subjective. No "right" answer. "Is it alright to date a lady with huge behind?". This has also got to do with PERSONAL PREFERENCE. No one has any right to attack you over which ever answer you choose. We all have different TASTES.

So when I see you disregarding FACTS, abusing reason and logic, and tendering opinions and assumptions as TRUTH, I have the right to use whatever harsh word is appropriate. The same applies to you.

You fùcking read him. grin

Modus operandus

1 creates a thread
2. says it is not a debate but just to get different opinions
3 see an opinion that he doesn't like
4 jumps on it
5 ask him why he disagrees
6 says you are being aggressive or don't want him to have his opinion
7 he moves goal post or starts talking about China LOL
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by ifenes(m): 9:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
vaxx:
call it self love , self intrest, self worth, self hype ... They are all product of self egoism........

According to webster dictionary....it define egoism as thus...making largely impulsive judgments and behaving based on whether it helps a human’s self-interest .....your analogy fall into this categories.... It is self knowledge.... It those not mean what you are saying is the real truth...

And your truth is what some people agreed to to put up in a dictionary ? Do you know what self love even means ? Self worth, high regard and respect for yourself, acceptance and appreciation for whom you are............ The ego you talk about means a false self, not being in control of your life......yes this is my opinion, my definition and my truth. What is yours ? Oh wait you gonna need the dictionary undecided

Even the Christians say it unconsciously-Love God. But Unknowingly to them, they are the God, the inner man, the subconscious that never die. Therefore it means love yourself, honour yourself, adore yourself, not in an egotistic way....... You need to love yourself first before you love another.

I'm saying this with respect and love brother.....not because I'm better than you, we are all equals.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by vaxx: 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2017
ifenes:

And your truth is what some people agreed to to put up in a dictionary ? Do you know what self love even means ? Self worth, high regard and respect for yourself, acceptance and appreciation for whom you are............ The ego you talk about means a false self, not being in control of your life......yes this is my opinion, my definition and my truth. What is yours ? Oh wait you gonna need the dictionary undecided

Even the Christians say it unconsciously-Love God. But Unknowingly to them, they are the God, the inner man, the subconscious that never die. Therefore it means love yourself, honour yourself, adore yourself, not in an egotistic way....... You need to love yourself first before you love another.

I'm saying this with respect and love brother.....not because I'm better than you, we are all equals.
peace bro

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Language Of Jesus / Some Laws Jesus Broke In The Bible / My Girlfriend Just Broke Up With Me On A Ground Of Religious Differences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.