Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. (2751 Views)

Discussion For Nairaland Atheists Only. / To The Atheists Only. / Opinion Census For Theists Only! (Christian or Muslim) Who Or What Is Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by sonofluc1fer: 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

The purpose of this thread is to get the atheist OPINION and not DEFINITION of what or who man is.
If that was your intention, the OP would be what is Man?

Rather, you jumped ahead of that discussion and asked, "Is Man an Animal?". Hope you can see the thread's derailment was no fault of mine.. If you want an honest discussion, you should format your questions properly.

Your trolling disappoints me. Tbh.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

If that was your intention, the OP would be what is Man?

Rather, you jumped ahead of that discussion and asked, "Is Man an Animal?". Hope you can see the thread's derailment was no fault of mine.. If you want an honest discussion, you should format your questions properly.

Your trolling disappointed me. Tbh.

Sigh!

I once discussed with an atheist here and he holds what he calls a popular scientific position that man is an animal. So my thread is to sample other opinions. So when I said what you just stated it was in reference to that particular comment of that atheist since he said it is a popular scientific position.

So stop reading wrong signals from my OP.

As an atheist Do you share this view that man is an animal? If no, then what is man to you and why do you hold this opinion?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by sonofluc1fer: 6:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Sigh!

I once discussed with an atheist here and he holds what he calls a popular scientific position that man is an animal.
So my thread is to to sample other opinions.
Any links?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Any links?

He can speak for himself. His moniker is AgentOfAllah
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by sonofluc1fer: 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

He can speak for himself. His moniker is AgentOfAllah
Don't go so defensive.. Relax. I just wanted to know the context in which he made the statement.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by adepeter2027(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
Man is akudaya.
Neither of the above.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Don't go so defensive.. Relax. I just wanted to know the context in which he made the statement.

He is viewing. So I believe he can shed more light. If he cannot then let me see if I can pull up the comment
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by adepeter2027(m): 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2017
@all theist.
Pls óò, is goat a plant? If yes, state your reason. If no, comment as well
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by sonofluc1fer: 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

He is viewing. So I believe he can shed more light. If he cannot then let me see if I can pull up the comment
You sound so humbled..Hope you're okay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 6:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

You sound so humbled..Hope you're okay.

Humbled? Person talk dem say e talk. Person no talk dem complain say e no talk. Na wa o cheesy
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by sonofluc1fer: 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Humbled? Person talk dem say e talk. Person no talk dem complain say e no talk. Na wa o cheesy
cheesy tongue
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 6:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
Anyway his comment

Humans are most assuredly animals...pretentious, but animals no less!

And

My comment

Who decides what animals are and what humans are?

You say we are animals so based on this notion you believe that acting like animals in the form of consensual fornication and adultery is perfectly alright. However, do animals give consent? If the barbaric nature of an animal is to take by force or cunning what is not his and still feel good about it how then do you talk about consent? As animals whom you say we are then it shouldn't matter to you if consent is given/gotten or not.

I say we are not animals. Anyway let me now derail

Finally his comment

I say we are animals, knowing fully well that not animals are the same. If you don't know this, and choose to lump all animals into Hillary's basket of deplorables, that's your fault!
My advocacy is that we should embrace our true nature. We judiciously violate the very rules we pretend to uphold anyway, so we'd do ourselves plenty of good by dropping the pretense all together.

Now You See it, do you agree?

What is man to you?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by sonofluc1fer: 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:
Anyway his comment

And

My comment

Finally his comment

Now You See it, do you agree?

What is man to you?
I agree with his comments. Man is an animal. A special kind, but an animal nonetheless.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

I agree with his comments. Man is an animal. A special kind, but an animal nonetheless.

And your reasons?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by chemystery: 6:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
adepeter2027:
@all theist.

Pls óò, is goat a plant? If yes, state your reason. If no, comment as well
I'm sure dalaman will have an answer for this grin

If any atheist poo without cleaning his ass, they come on nairaland and start saying "Atheist is it right to clean the ass or not after pooing?"

Or saying there are too types of atheists. Those that clean their ass, and those that doesn't undecided
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by GoodMuyis(m): 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
To every reasonable question that has no answer on google, its trap for Atheist - goodmuyis 2017
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by vaxx: 7:01pm On Oct 04, 2017
This is what science says....man are animal...we inherit this body from our earlier primate and that is more than many thousands of year...I have a question here?
Why is our flesh not the same....the fish flesh is different from snake and while snake flesh is also different from sheep....?...

Creationist.... Human are not animal...we are difference.... We are smarter and have morals.. my question how smart is human to determine that he is more smarter than apes? There was a scientific report that proof chimpanzee has a good memory capacity

Any one to solve the puzzle?.... But before that ....sport the difference

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by purem(m): 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by AgentOfAllah: 9:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
Firstly, let me clarify that I hold no opinion as to what man is. I'm a person of science first and foremost, so I strictly hold all opinions irrelevant on matters already settled by science. As such I feel no inclination to bicker over the biological nature of man. I'm just here to complete what was started in my name, just so everyone can have a clearer picture of the exchange

butterflyl1on:
Anyway his comment
Mr butterfly didn't give the full trail of our correspondence, so I've included them below, along with links:
After my last response, he alleged I misunderstood his comment:
butterflyl1on:

Read my comment again

If the barbaric nature of an animal is to take by force or cunning what is not his and still feel good about it how then do you talk about consent? As animals whom you say we are then it shouldn't matter to you if consent is given/gotten or not

AgentOfAllah:

You read my response again...not all animals are the same! So which kind of animal are you referring to in your hypothetical? I am a human animal, and human animals have a strong sense of empathy; thus rape is a no no in my philosophy.

butterflyl1on:

You said

Speaking of animal consent, what do you think many animals do when they start their elaborate courtship rituals? Rape?

You said many an not all animals. So those who do not offer Consent are raped. We cannot be human and animals at the same time so saying we are human animals doesn't work .

If the animals who rape others are Okay after doing it why then is consent so important to you as an animal as well? Should it really matter?

AgentOfAllah:

A dog is a dog and an animal at the same time, a bonobo is a bonobo and an animal at the same time, a fish is a fish and an animal at the same time, but a dog does not behave like a fish and a bonobo certainly doesn't behave like a dog. You can dispute this all you want, if it makes you feel good, but biology says we are human animals, and human animals we are!

butterflyl1on:

Well God says I am not an animal but a special breed of creation who can only act and think like an animal when I forsake my maker.

AgentOfAllah:

God should open its biology textbooks.

butterflyl1on:

Everything does not begin and end with biology

End

So if you're willing to defecate all over science with shitty opinions you're entitled to, but it is clear from our exchange that my claim was predicated on science all along.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by sonofluc1fer: 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Firstly, let me clarify that I hold no opinion as to what man is. I'm a person of science first and foremost, so I strictly hold all opinions irrelevant on matters already settled by science. As such I feel no inclination to bicker over the biological nature of man. I'm just here to complete what was started in my name, just so everyone can have a clearer picture of the exchange

Mr butterfly didn't give the full trail of our correspondence, so I've included them below, along with links:

End

So if you're willing to defecate all over science with shitty opinions you're entitled to, but it is clear from our exchange that my claim was predicated on science all along.
I should have known better. Fella's quite sly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by johnydon22(m): 10:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
Biology men, biology.

I have always noticed that most discussions here on the religious board lack definition, that is the sole reason why discussions don't always tally. You will arguing based on one definition, the other will be replying based on another which makes neither party to understand each other.

So to avoid that totally avoidable and frustrating scenario i will go ahead and add a definition.

an·i·mal
ˈanəməl/Submit
noun
a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.

scientific definition Animal.

The definition of an animal is a member of the kingdom Animalia, and is typically characterized by a multicellular body, specialized sense organs, voluntary movement, responses to factors in the environment and the ability to acquire and digest food..

there, that is the definition of Animal, and please i beg someone to show me how man falls outside the scope of these definitions then i will say man is not an Animal if not then, your guess is as good as mine.

or maybe provide me with your own definition of Animal if you don't agree.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 10:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
AgentOfAllah:

End

Did I say your claim was said outside science?

This was my comment to sonfolucifer

butterflyl1on:

Sigh!

I once discussed with an atheist here and he holds what he calls a popular scientific position that man is an animal. So my thread is to to sample other opinions

Does that in any way contradict your comment?

I am not here to debate science but to seek opinions so if you wish to be rude and call my or anyone's opinions shitty then kindly stop at this point and get the hell out from this thread.

Quoting your comment was simply to show sonofLuc1fer what he asked for and not as an invite to you since you already feel your opinion is paramount and others outside yours MUST be shitty.

If all opinions are irrelevant to you must you then be rude while passing this message across?

Please leave if you cannot understand that respect is reciprocal and you have absolutely no right to ridicule anyone who does not agree with what you think is all there is.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 10:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
johnydon22:
Biology men, biology.

I have always noticed that most discussions here on the religious board lack definition, that is the sole reason why discussions don't always tally. You will arguing based on one definition, the other will be replying based on another which makes neither party to understand each other.

So to avoid that totally avoidable and frustrating scenario i will go ahead and add a definition.

an·i·mal
ˈanəməl/Submit
noun
a living organism that feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli.

The definition of an animal is a member of the kingdom Animalia, and is typically characterized by a multicellular body, specialized sense organs, voluntary movement, responses to factors in the environment and the ability to acquire and digest food..

there, that is the definition of Animal, and please i beg someone to show me how man falls outside the scope of these definitions then i will say man is not an Animal if not then, your guess is as good as mine.

Your desire to put the thread on a leash is not what my OP is about. Define all you want to your own purpose but this here is a thread for opinions and not definitions.

Anyone can expand on whatever they know and arrive at a different conclusion from yours. Afterall right here on Nairaland I have read from atheists who believe man is not an animal but a god to himself or even energy so how does your definition help them?

Give your opinion and leave it at that. Trying to force this to go the way you want it is not my idea. Thanks

Cc ifenes can i get your own view?
billyonaire can I also get your own view?
Loj can I get your view?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by johnydon22(m): 11:12pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Your desire to put the thread on a leash is not what my OP is about. Define all you want to your own purpose but this here is a thread for opinions and not definitions.

Anyone can expand on whatever they know and arrive at a different conclusion from yours. Afterall right here on Nairaland I have read from atheists who believe man is not an animal but a god to himself or even energy so how does your definition help them?

Give your opinion and leave it at that. Trying to force this to go the way you want it is not my idea. Thanks

Cc ifenes can i get your own view?
billyonaire can I also get your own view?
Loj can I get your view?

johnydon22:
Biology men, biology.

an·i·mal
ˈanəməl/Submit
noun

My post was so simple.

Does man fall within those definition or not?

that is all.

1 Like

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 11:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
johnydon22:

My post was so simple.

Does man fall within those definition or not?

that is all.

Why do people find it hard to comprehend the simplest of things? undecided

This is not a question and answer session please. Simply drop your opinion and the reason or reasons for such that's all.

I am sure you saw CENSUS in the OP.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by johnydon22(m): 11:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Why do people find it hard to comprehend the simplest of things? undecided

This is not a question and answer session please. Simply drop your opinion and the reason or reasons for such that's all.

where there is an objective definition, opinion becomes irrelevant.

a shoe is not a computer because you have the opinion that is it, for it to be a computer it must fall within the definitions of a computer.

So a definition has been given, there is no more need for opinions.
johnydon22:
Biology men, biology.

an·i·mal
ˈanəməl/Submit
noun

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 11:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
johnydon22:

where there is an objective definition, opinion becomes irrelevant.

a shoe is not a computer because you have the opinion that is it, for it to be a computer it must fall within the definitions of a computer.

So a definition has been given, there is no more need for opinions.

I am sure you know what an opinion means

opinion
noun
a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

I repeat, your definition is not the purpose of this thread. Thank you for your contribution.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by ifenes(m): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2017
Like I have said many time, words have meanings. Like referring to one's self as a "person" has its own meaning. Accepting to be called a person in a legal system mean you have no natural right you would have if you referred to yourself as a "Human Being" or "Man"

Words are powerful and they shape who we are. Do we just accept beliefs( academical and religious) because we are a graduate of schools( brainwash institutions) ? Now we even refer to ourselves as " animals" as this further confines us to the prison walls of survival rather than actually living.

This topic is huge and simple. This is a battle between free thoughts and academical programmed minds. One part sees themselves as animals due to affiliation of a certain type of education. Some other see themselves as more than animals. I personally will not refer to myself as an animal because some books said so. I am a Hu-Man-Being ( knowing being) not less in any shape or form. Animals are caged oppressed, thought for, reformed, tamed etc......I cannot be

1 Like

Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 7:25am On Oct 05, 2017
ifenes:
Like I have said many time, words have meanings. Like referring to one's self as a "person" has its own meaning. Accepting to be called a person in a legal system mean you have no natural right you would have if you referred to yourself as a "Human Being" or "Man"

Words are powerful and they shape who we are. Do we just accept beliefs( academical and religious) because we are a graduate of schools( brainwash institutions) ? Now we even refer to ourselves as " animals" as this further confines us to the prison walls of survival rather than actually living.

This topic is huge and simple. This is a battle between free thoughts and academical programmed minds. One part sees themselves as animals due to affiliation of a certain type of education. Some other see themselves as more than animals. I personally will not refer to myself as an animal because some books said so. I am a Hu-Man-Being ( knowing being) not less in any shape or form. Animals are caged oppressed, thought for, reformed, tamed etc......I cannot be

Ifenes this comment by you is why I opened this thread and refused to define anything even when constantly harassed to do so.

Are we all simply definitions? Who has the right to define anyone?

Even if i was defined, do I not have the right to change the definition of myself? Do I not have the right to change me as the knowing being which I am?

Indeed calling myself anything derogatory such as an animal when I refuse to be subjected to such as A CHOICE can I not then change that view?

Ifenes what would you say about the consciousness of this hu-man? Is it within limits of this realm or does this realm hold no restriction?
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 7:27am On Oct 05, 2017
ifenes:

Cc johnydon22
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by Humanistme: 7:35am On Oct 05, 2017
Biology 101 grin cheesy

six kingdoms of living organisms grin

Plants, Animals, Protists, Fungi, Archaebacteria, Eubacteria. 

Man belong to the animal kingdom

Kingdom ____ animalia

Order____ Primates

phylum ___ chordata

Subphylum ___ vertebrates

Class ____ Mammalia

Genus ____ Homo

Specie ____ sapien

THE END.
Re: Opinion Census For Atheists Only! Make Una Fall In. by butterflyl1on: 7:54am On Oct 05, 2017
Humanistme:
Biology 101 grin cheesy

six kingdoms of living organisms grin

Plants, Animals, Protists, Fungi, Archaebacteria, Eubacteria. 

Man belong to the animal kingdom

Kingdom ____ animalia

Order____ Primates

phylum ___ chordata

Subphylum ___ vertebrates

Class ____ Mammalia

Genus ____ Homo

Specie ____ sapien

THE END.

Ifenes disagrees with you.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

If Jesus Died For Our Sins, .. / A Thread For Members Of Celestial Church Of Christ / 1 Corinthians 1:17-31 The Worst Passage In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.