Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? (31780 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian Musical Artist Talentwise? / These Are The Top Best Nigerian Songs Of 2021, Which Is Your Favourite? / Mention Two Best Nigerian Gospel Songs You Have Heard This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Kendrick80(m): 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
Sinzu

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by goodnewscliff(m): 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2017
Chiscomax:
Erigga

and what makes a good rapper?

1. Word Play

2. Story Telling

3. Puns

4. Rhyme

Erigga has all of them 98 on a scale of 100. Although he lacks the required recognition now but he sure is the best rapper in Nigeria

other good rappers are Yung6ix and vector.

MI is old story. his time has passed and can not be rated for now.
i swear u dont know what it takes to be a good rapper. ...let me stop there... for u to even talkabout erriga.. .u don't
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by flawedkay(m): 7:34pm On Oct 04, 2017
whoisboj:

True to include, artificial intelligence is still gold so also modo insulin. Guy, I can vouch for sute listen to badagry by sute as a starting point

shocked shocked make i go download am....
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by gift01: 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
Dino Melaye
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Kendrick80(m): 7:36pm On Oct 04, 2017
danduj:
Without putting popularity into consideration? Jesse jagz
My best album of 2017

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by goodnewscliff(m): 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2017
SINCE I STARTED LISTENING TO RAP SONGS.... WITH HARD CORE PUNCH LINE THAT MAKES YOU GO CHECK DICTIONARY. ....AS IN hardcore.. ..it no body buh my number 1 M. I ABAGA... ..his puchlines in a row are so mr incredible. ...he is unmatched. ....e no get mate.. ..vectors good too.. ..yung6ix. ..then dis guy we may have forgotten that had one or two track buh dumbfounding pucnhhits.. ...PHENOM.. .. mi issa chairman

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by EKOSuperior(m): 7:39pm On Oct 04, 2017
Mr. Raw
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Kendrick80(m): 7:40pm On Oct 04, 2017
wtfcoded:
My top 5.
1. Mode9.
2. Ruggedibaba.
3. M.I.
4. Phyno.
5. Erigga.
6. Sauce kid
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Unluckrees(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
Phyno
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Kendrick80(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
whoisboj:
Honestly, seeing people mentioning Vector is weird he didn't even rap deep in lafiaji, his single after dat (Zobo, mind ur own) were not even rap.
Honestly, Real Rap his rare, most of d artiste mentioned changed style after fame.
Even Ycee is guilty of this
The real rappers are still underground or underpaid or not popular.
Call Jagz, mojeed, Ozone, sute, loose kaynon, erigga, Terry tha Rapman then ua talking

Ovadose
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Wizaugpet(m): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
Op, I thought u are talking about the Present? Why the Old Man (M.I)
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Kingsboy96(m): 7:42pm On Oct 04, 2017
labanji:
Reminisce Baba Hafusa
That man always kill it with both languages, Reminisce any time any day.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by goodnewscliff(m): 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2017
Abudu2000:
Those mentioning vector knows nothing about rap. The truth is most artist were lucky enough to get a wide recognition at the beginning of their career but that doesn't qualify you. If you notice mi hasn't dropped a real hit for a while now, but the guy still remains on top, u know why coz he is a boss. He understands that u are only as good as ur last hit.. better to stay for 10years without a hit than to spit thrash.,.
MI IS AND WILL ALWAYS BE CHAIRMAN. That guy called eriga will enjoy a fruitful career.He has got flows and story telling which biggie had but the guy's delivery is weak.

I had to re-edit this...mhen I leave it up for mode9.
....... MI ABAGA IS DA BEST.. ..IN AFRICA.. ..dem dy crase dis guys punchlines make u up to date lyrically. ..if u aint English wise updated ,,u may not be following up to his killing and thought provoking punch hits!!!! he lines make me go bananas, ,i wonder how d hell he gets his line from as an African!! !!!he's good.... other rappers good,, buh he is what he is... ..INCREDIBLE

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by maklelemakukula(m): 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
obainojazz:
I see what you did there. grin
na simple thing e do na, u come dey make am feel like Isaac Newton grin
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by goodnewscliff(m): 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2017
Wizaugpet:
Op,
I thought u are talking about the Present?
Why the Old Man (M.I)
u dy madt!!!!
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by OROSUNBOLB(m): 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
Mode 9
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Sleemy4shizzle(m): 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2017
The Chiarman himself...... Trust me this guy is a genius
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by goodnewscliff(m): 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2017
orukuruku:
Otumba phenom!!!!!!
u dy listen to songs!!! thumbs up... i love dat guy... mi is better
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by internationalman(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bibidear:
Mode 9
it's rear for a girl to acknowledge Mode 9 and it's credibility..
These are the kind of girls I like keeping as friends.. keep it up.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by bastien: 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
LesbianBoy:

No be only vector

Yung6ix is better jare! His flows is as tight as a virgin's pvssy wink
young six who? No lyrics just beat! He can't be the best cause he have just one stupid song
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by KxngKrypt(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2017
I usually listen to a lot of boombap rap. Nas, Mobb deep and the likes and little of Nigerian hip hop.......

But Erigga? That guy is a beast, his flow is fire...

There's just something about that guy...

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by FTrebirth(m): 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2017
StRichard:
Speed Darlington
i tell you.

bang dada bang! grin
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by gbengulonice(m): 7:51pm On Oct 04, 2017
vector tha viper that guy z original

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by bastien: 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
wtfcoded:
My top 5.
1. Mode9.
2. Ruggedibaba.
3. M.I.
4. Phyno.
5. Erigga.
vector kill of em

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Bibidear(f): 7:53pm On Oct 04, 2017
internationalman:
it's rear for a girl to acknowledge Mode 9 and it's credibility..
These are the kind of girls I like keeping as friends.. keep it up.
lols,girls like good music
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by internationalman(m): 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
Bibidear:
lols,girls like good music
I know but it's hardly rap music.
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by Mathewa(m): 7:54pm On Oct 04, 2017
MediumStout:
SERIKI OMO OWO

Even though he's under rated, dude flows better and has comical ryhmes than all those popular noise makers you call rappers cool
tank u my broda
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by ibkayee(f): 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2017
ibkayee:
Teeto and Blaise, though their body of work is almost non existent, they aren't active at all. Only ones I've fancied sha
How could I forget Reminisce shocked

Not necessarily the 'best', but one of my favs
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by harkinscasual: 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
In Nigeria oooo I would give Vector , Dremo nd Y cee But Rap live in South Africa dies guyz are doing good Nasty c, AReece ,Entee
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by bastien: 7:57pm On Oct 04, 2017
whoisboj:
Honestly, seeing people mentioning Vector is weird he didn't even rap deep in lafiaji, his single after dat (Zobo, mind ur own) were not even rap.
Honestly, Real Rap his rare, most of d artiste mentioned changed style after fame.
Even Ycee is guilty of this
The real rappers are still underground or underpaid or not popular.
Call Jagz, mojeed, Ozone, sute, loose kaynon, erigga, Terry tha Rapman then ua talking
yeah agreed he didn't kill it in lafiaji, but in Nigeria today, Vector no get rival

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by samwizzye(m): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
Mr incredible....... aim higher
Re: Who Is The Best Nigerian Rapper? by kannymoore(m): 7:58pm On Oct 04, 2017
javalove:
It depends what you looking for... So many things make a good rapper... Lyrics, delivery etc. For me a rapper who writes better wins it for me.

For that reason.... All hail the super lyricist Modnizzy!!!!

Delivery I'll give it to mi tho his lyrics are very wack.

Ruggedman is the wackest tho...

#Javalove.... Unless otherwise stated...!

Omo!!

You still dey Nairaland!!

As soon as I saw the be Javalove, one little cricket chirped in my brain loudly!

I was like gaaddem... I know I've heard of that username before from way...way.. back when Nairaland still made sense!!

Geez!!

No need to tell me..

You go don get plenty gray hairs by now!!!

Lmàoooooooooo grin grin grin grin!!

Ah!

Those were the days sha!!

Unlike now wey dis place don rotten finish!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

My Top Ten Gospel Jams / Top 10 Nigerian Hit Songs That Excited Us In 2013 / Ayra Starr, Davido, Olamide, Burna Boy, Asake Nominated For Grammy 2024

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.