Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:41 PM

Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? (5477 Views)

5th October: World Teachers' Day 2019 / World Teachers' Day - Share Your Experiences With Your Favourite/worst Teacher / World Teachers Day: Who Is That Teacher You Can Never Forget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Aare2050(m): 7:26am On Oct 05, 2017
Today is World Teachers' Day. A day set aside to mobilize support for teachers and to ensure that the needs of future generations will continue to be met by teachers all over the world. With the theme for this year's celebration being
"Teaching in Freedom, Empowering Teachers", how would you rate the level of teachers' Empowerment in Nigeria? Is the government doing enough in Empowering the teachers?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by jamesharryson(m): 7:29am On Oct 05, 2017
The government do not any plans for the teachers. Here is a country where the teachers expect their rewards in heaven

1 Like

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Pells: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2017
When a private school teacher is earning 6k a month? Hiss

1 Like

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by free2ryhme: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2017
Govt is doing nothing lets not deceive ourselves

all their children school abroad and they steal federal state and local funds to fund their excessive lifestyle
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Teewhy2: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2017
Happy Teachers Day to all the people that have taught while in school, all the teachers i know and all nairaland teachers.
I believe teaching in Nigeria is not encouraging starting from teachers take home pay and the working conditions.
I first taught that teaching was simple and a lazy man's job but when i was seconded to teach during my NYSC days, I begin to appreciate them and notice it is not as easy as i thought, you will deal with various students, the brilliant ones, not to brilliant , the dullards, the stubborn ones, the lousy ones .e.t.c by the end of the day after standing and shouting you will most likely going home physiologically exhausted, then getting home you prepare your lesson notes and plan for the next day if God wan catch you dey teach like 5 different class level, you mark assignments, prepare questions for test/ exam before you know it the day is already gone.
shout out to the WOMEN TEACHERS they will start taking care of the home after all the above, some people might feel that the job is not as challenging and stressful as their own but if you compare their level of work to the pay the receive at the end of the month you will be grateful for yours.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by MrMoney007: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2017
Direct that question to Mr. Jibril in ASS ROCK

1 Like

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Ndubuisi1075: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2017
No big deal until npower is permanented.
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by daveson07: 11:34am On Oct 05, 2017
teachers are the most underated government workers in Nigeria

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by OrganicSoup: 11:36am On Oct 05, 2017
The Nigerian govt. is d best in terms of 'assisting & empowering' teachers in any country one could think of...

For more jokes, send more to 8986

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by scofieldsimba(m): 11:37am On Oct 05, 2017
grin
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Iseoluwani: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2017
What a country in shambles
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by seuncyrus(m): 11:39am On Oct 05, 2017
Not At all, The teaching profession itself is one of the most ridiculed profession in Nigeria( I don't even know why).

Most private school teachers are underpaid while the government teachers don't receive their salary monthly any longer. The private school owners are really taking advantage of the unemployment situation in the country by paying peanuts because they now thats the only choice for most job seekers.

I'm not a teacher by I feel the pain of teachers 'cos they made me who I am today. God bless Mr Alo (my geography teacher), Mr Omotosho (Economics ), Mr Ameh (chemistry) and Mr Martins( even tho I hate physics and further maths )

1 Like

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by teacherbim(f): 11:39am On Oct 05, 2017
Happy teachers day to all wonderful teachers,we shall not labour in vain

1 Like

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Pat081: 11:39am On Oct 05, 2017
No dey re doing nothing but bad is because dia children re nt schooling here in d country
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Omoluabi16(m): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2017
Education .. the long neglected sector. Only the least intelligent with low scores are offer educational courses in the university. people study because it's the left over course. career wise nko? Very few take it because it is their passion. Very poor funding, especially the private sector. too many mushroom schools, A poor and irrelevant curriculum is what is being applied.
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by arodavoo(m): 11:44am On Oct 05, 2017
Pls tell all your friends not to have any deal with this number +2349038473855 0816 891 8904,he goes with the business name *vee_ tech _consultation network communication*,he claims to sell data plans for all networks at cheap and affordable prices
He is a thief and a scammer,they are people who live and survive on people's sweat,his name is preciou abiola mazo
Kindly rbc till it get to every nigeria
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by DanielsParker(m): 11:45am On Oct 05, 2017
Not really. They're not paid well.
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Preciousnelly19: 11:45am On Oct 05, 2017
The Federal Government is not really doing much but some state government like Anambra State Government under the leadership of Willie Obiano is doing well in supporting teachers and that why he is been awarded as Best Education Friendly Governor 2017 also, the award for the Best Teacher of the Year 2017 goes to Anambarian. He is really doing well

1 Like

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Ochasky23(m): 11:46am On Oct 05, 2017
No plans for anybody outside the cabals
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by ReubenE(m): 11:48am On Oct 05, 2017
jamesharryson:
The government do not any plans for the teachers. Here is a country where the teachers expect their rewards in heaven
It is very unfortunate that government do not even think of those teachers that will not make heaven, or even the ones that do not believe in heaven.

Empowerment of teachers is not just an imperative but should be a priority.
Teaching profession is suppose to be a beautiful thing.
Once a teacher, and I am proud to identify and celebrate with all teachers in the world.
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Vokians(m): 11:49am On Oct 05, 2017
Happy Teachers Day
Can the government really pay for the good work those who have tutor people to become doctors, lawyers, engineers,accountants and the others too numerous to mention? That's why it is said "teachers reward is in heaven".
Reeespect teeeacher
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by hahnsmall: 11:50am On Oct 05, 2017
The Nigerian government is not doing anything for anyone

Gbagbe oshi undecided
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by phkka1(m): 11:55am On Oct 05, 2017
[color=#990000][/color] Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu is not even paying teachers their salaries talk-less of empowering them. He is owing some of them to the tune of eight months. I wander the type of governance that man is practicing in Abia state of Nigeria. The presidency does not even query him on how he uses the allocation he receives every month.
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Akinz0126(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2017
When ever I come across the teachers who taught me in primary and secondary school,i cause the day I was born as a Ngerian.

Quiet unfortunate all those our leaders@ the tope were taught by same teachers they are maltreatng today Na God go punish all of una.

My regards go to OBJ the only nigeria president that ever commended and appreciate the work of teachers and till date most of the teachers down here in northern nigeria are still singing his praise for the increment in their salaries and implementation f their 7.5.

Kudos to the hardworking teachers in 9ja your rewards shouldn't be iin heaven if not for the. Unfortunate leaders we having in this country worst of it all is that this clueless aren't talking about minimum wage again as they would rather loot their misfortune join the looting that is going on while workers are dying of all kinds of plague especially our good teachers both in primary and secondary school alike
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by MAYOWAAK: 12:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Teaching is the noblest profession in the world and it is worth celebrating. Lee Iacocca, the former president of Ford Motors said, ‘in a completely rational society, the best of us would be teachers and the rest of us would have to settle for something less.’’ I am encouraging teachers to see the teaching profession as an honourable calling, Eleanor Roosevelt said, ‘‘nobody can make you inferior without your consent.’’ The teaching profession is not inferior to any other. There are many geniuses with brains; a teacher is a genius with a heart!

1 Like

Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by khaykay15(f): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
arodavoo:
Pls tell all your friends not to have any deal with this number +2349038473855 0816 891 8904,he goes with the business name *vee_ tech _consultation network communication*,he claims to sell data plans for all networks at cheap and affordable prices
He is a thief and a scammer,they are people who live and survive on people's sweat,his name is preciou abiola mazo
Kindly rbc till it get to every nigeria
Yes o,especially on most whatapps group chat. People should rebroadcast
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by Teacherjobs: 1:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
Happy Teacher's Day!
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by khadaffi(m): 2:23pm On Oct 05, 2017
Omoluabi16 post=6112750.9:
Only the least intelligent with low scores are offer educational courses in the university. people study because it's the left over course.
I don't know how you arrived at this conclusion but let's use a course as an example. Chemistry and Chemistry Education: which would you go for? And which is more brain tasking?
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by PRINCEVICKEY: 2:24pm On Oct 05, 2017
daveson07:
teachers are the most underated government workers in Nigeria

FAYOSE IS GIVING CARS IN EKITI TODAY........ATLEAST FAYOSE IS TRYING IN HIS OWN CORNER FOR TEACHERS
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by PRINCEVICKEY: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2017
hahnsmall:
The Nigerian government is not doing anything for anyone

Gbagbe oshi undecided

FAYOSE IS GIVING CARS IN EKITI TODAY........ATLEAST FAYOSE IS TRYING IN HIS OWN CORNER FOR TEACHERS
Re: Teachers Day: Is The Government Doing Enough In Empowering The Teachers? by PRINCEVICKEY: 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
free2ryhme:
Govt is doing nothing lets not deceive ourselves

all their children school abroad and they steal federal state and local funds to fund their excessive lifestyle

(1) (2) (Reply)

h / Reinvent Fraternities In Nigerian Universities? / Law And Mass Communication: Which One Has More Job Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.