Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,193 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:16 AM

12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube (37232 Views)

Top 10 Hottest And Most Popular Nigerian Songs Released In August 2019 / Osayimwen Osahon George: Don't Watch Blue Films Just Watch Nigerian Music Videos / Top 15 Nigerian Music Videos With The Highest Views On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 05, 2017
CaroLyner:
11. Come closer by Wizkid - 42 million 10. If by Davido - 42 million
These two always going head to head in everything
Like seriously..
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by oodua1stson: 11:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
Peter made personally the most viewed video with his dance routine and that idiotic loser said he doesn't contribute anything to the group.

Who will even know if him or hide were alive if not for Peter.

Idiots
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
Since the advent of Youtube, Nigerian artiste have utilized the platform to promote their music videos to audiences all over the world. <strong>Here are the 12 Most popular Nigerian Music Videos on Youtube

12. Aye by Davido - 41 million

11. Come closer by Wizkid - 42 million

10. If by Davido - 42 million

9. Oliver Twist - 43 million

8. Collabo by Psquare ft Don Jazzy - 45 million

7. Bum Bum by Timaya - 47 million

6. Do like that by Korede - 48 million

5. Mad over you by Runtown - 50 million

4. Pana by Tekno - 51 million

3. Shekini by Psquare - 53 million

2. Johny by Yemi ALade - 76 million

1. Personally by Psquare - 78 million

Come closer by Wizkid is a not a song... who're dose fools watching it?...

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by oodua1stson: 11:44pm On Oct 05, 2017
greenhulk:

Well the number of 'those who are deep' is not enough to pay the bills so what are we talking? Tell me why someone would waste his recourses to make a good song and still can't sell while Wizkid will just say 'yeah yeah' and millions will roll. If I be artist Kia Kia I go follow the crowd and sell out. No wonder artists like vector, chuddy k, iyanyan, etc have joined the trend. Even Terry g started with good songs but nobody gave a damn. The moment he changed it to craze he became popular.
you're very right about Terry G. His songs used to make sense huh we no buy grin
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by oodua1stson: 11:48pm On Oct 05, 2017
nnokwa042:
see the way ur judging it maybe cus of peters wife so if Paul start behaving like peter from start do u think they reach this stage? If they re not blood brothers do u think Paul who sing almost all thier song will allow peter to shine,pls go and ask any group , or u want Paul to support Peter so they should throw Jude away?
stop talkimg nonsense. In every group there is always somwine who writes mostly the songs. Others contribute in their own way too.

And what do you mean by Paul let Peter shine? Their biggest song is personally. And it wasn't the biggest because of Paul's lyrics, it was because of Peter's dance
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Christaks(m): 12:10am On Oct 06, 2017
cristianisraeli:

just look at all the crappy songs..lol

songs without meaning

songs way the artist no even know the lyrics

naija can swallow garbage

by the way views dont mean everyone loves the song

Evry1 cannot love one particular song...

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Christaks(m): 12:15am On Oct 06, 2017
greenhulk:

Bro u dey vex? Who lyrics help? What's the point of good lyrics if it can't put food on the table? It's everywhere and not just a naija thing. Look at the screenshot below, that is from the song Gangnam style by Psy. And yes the numbers are real. How many views again? 2.9 BILLION views on YouTube... Do u know how much that would make? That is a song nobody even understands what the artist is saying not to talk of lyrics.

And Luis fonsi's Despacito is the most watched video ever on YouTube with 3.9 BILLION views. Now tell me u understand what he's saying talk less of lyrics. So brother lyrics doesn't mean SHIIT.

I tire ooo..even drake one dance ..tell am make hm explain wetin d song mean....esp dt wizkid part..wetin d song teach am..??

2 Likes

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by nnokwa042(m): 1:10am On Oct 06, 2017
oodua1stson:
stop talkimg nonsense. In every group there is always somwine who writes mostly the songs. Others contribute in their own way too.

And what do you mean by Paul let Peter shine? Their biggest song is personally. And it wasn't the biggest because of Paul's lyrics, it was because of Peter's dance
where is the dbanj today where is black face where is presh of kcee and presh, where is tony teitula ,we all knew you why people re supporting peter we know that
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Nobody: 5:14am On Oct 06, 2017
Christaks:

I tire ooo..even drake one dance ..tell am make hm explain wetin d song mean....esp dt wizkid part..wetin d song teach am..??

Lol, his voice no even come out for us to understand wetin him dey talk lol.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by josielewa(m): 5:53am On Oct 06, 2017
Diffdeef:
Remember that wizkid's come closer reached 42M because Drake jumped on the song.
remove foreign artist, wizzy no go get hit song dis year...even with drake, if and fall by davido still blow pass come closer. overhyped song...
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Call07034780891: 6:46am On Oct 06, 2017
Omambala born Psquare always up there.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Call07034780891: 6:48am On Oct 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

I'll stick out my neck and say that Psquare have been the biggest and most consistent Nigerian artiste for 15 years now. There's no year that they don't release atleast one hit song. Even now that they're not as consistent as they use to be, they still manage to remain in circulation. If that list is extended to make it top 20, you'll realize that atleast 4 more of Psquare's songs will be there making it a total of 6.

Psquare is the biggest artist in Africa.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Diffdeef(m): 8:00am On Oct 06, 2017
josielewa:
remove foreign artist, wizzy no go get hit song dis year...even with drake, if and fall by davido still blow pass come closer. overhyped song...
Seriously bro,don't know why the hype.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by sholaypompon(m): 8:14am On Oct 06, 2017
oodua1stson:

In as much as I will always wish they settle their differences,, I think it's high time they go solo and unleash what they re up to individually

Their rift started since way back in 2012 or probably 2013 when the selfish Peter who has always want to be the centre of everything said they've had enough of their brother Jude (Who has been the architect behind their success since they were crawling into the industry), Paul on his own insisted and said people love dem square brothers mainly because they re seeing three brothers doing it and keeping it real together,,, at least u won't tell me Paul should have gullibly supported Peter cos they re twin ,, remember Jude is their brother too

So there is much behind this than what is on the media surface, and as much as I know, Paul has always been the one holding unto their unity even throughout last year when Peter was busy touring up and down,, so the guy(Paul) might have had enough of him and think it's high time he let go of what is never ready to be

Peter is a good singer, but not as good as Paul likewise Paul is a good dancer (check their senorita video) but not as good as Peter

But it's another thing to dance to instructions, it's another thing to be the brain behind it,,, DONFLEX (psquare lead choreographer) has been the brain behind most of this dance videos including personally (which Peter testify to) while Peter just lead the dance in front of camera mainly because he legally co-owned the name psqaure with his bro

Wish them the best individually though

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Tinyemeka(m): 9:44am On Oct 06, 2017
Afam4eva:

Yes, i think it's almost or even over 20 years since they released their first commercial success, Senorita.

Calm down sir.

Their debut album 'Last Nite' was released under Timbuk2 Music Label in 2003.

When they still looked Alikaish smiley

Miss those times.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by oodua1stson: 9:48am On Oct 06, 2017
nnokwa042:
where is the dbanj today where is black face where is presh of kcee and presh, where is tony teitula ,we all knew you why people re supporting peter we know that
D'banj today is still one of the biggest artiste in Africa.

Ding! Ding!! Your fav don jazzy still hasn't unearth an artiste half as big as D'banj. So what nonsense are you talking about?

Blackface would be classed with Paul as he was the major songwriter for plantashun boyz. That should tell you Paul with all his writing skills can become totally irrelevant if care is not taken. Same thing happened to Presh( kcee bought songs with miney)

As for Tony Tequila, he had a successful career. So I don't know why you out him here. That he's no longer trending like he used to does not erase his legacy

And why do you think I'm supporting Peter? I get it now. Kill yourself
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by oodua1stson: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2017
sholaypompon:

In as much as I will always wish they settle their differences,, I think it's high time they go solo and unleash what they re up to individually

Their rift started since way back in 2012 or probably 2013 when the selfish Peter who has always want to be the centre of everything said they've had enough of their brother Jude (Who has been the architect behind their success since they were crawling into the industry), Paul on his own insisted and said people love dem square brothers mainly because they re seeing three brothers doing it and keeping it real together,,, at least u won't tell me Paul should have gullibly supported Peter cos they re twin ,, remember Jude is their brother too

So there is much behind this than what is on the media surface, and as much as I know, Paul has always been the one holding unto their unity even throughout last year when Peter was busy touring up and down,, so the guy(Paul) might have had enough of him and think it's high time he let go of what is never ready to be

Peter is a good singer, but not as good as Paul likewise Paul is a good dancer (check their senorita video) but not as good as Peter

But it's another thing to dance to instructions, it's another thing to be the brain behind it,,, DONFLEX (psquare lead choreographer) has been the brain behind most of this dance videos including personally (which Peter testify to) while Peter just lead the dance in front of camera mainly because he legally co-owned the name psqaure with his bro

Wish them the best individually though
you do realise when they split earlier the dancers were with Peter And they were going to shows together?

I know Paul can dance too same way Peter can sing . Let's just agree they complement each other. Paul is a fool for talking nonsense that he made Peter shine
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by nnokwa042(m): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2017
oodua1stson:
D'banj today is still one of the biggest artiste in Africa.

Ding! Ding!! Your fav don jazzy still hasn't unearth an artiste half as big as D'banj. So what nonsense are you talking about?

Blackface would be classed with Paul as he was the major songwriter for plantashun boyz. That should tell you Paul with all his writing skills can become totally irrelevant if care is not taken. Same thing happened to Presh( kcee bought songs with miney)

As for Tony Tequila, he had a successful career. So I don't know why you out him here. That he's no longer trending like he used to does not erase his legacy

And why do you think I'm supporting Peter? I get it now. Kill yourself
apart from oliver twist he composed with don jazzy that he later went and sing it alone tell me another of his song that got more than 3 million viewed on u tube?what of his partnership with kanye west?even song flavour did for marriage ceremony ada ada is ahead of all dbanjs songs put together not talk of tekno or run town young boys of yesterday, keep deceiving your self person wey don fall don fall, tony teitula is never a musician the one that sang I don jam my hown instead of my own DAT one too dey sing?

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by sholaypompon(m): 10:17am On Oct 06, 2017
oodua1stson:
you do realise when they split earlier the dancers were with Peter And they were going to shows together?

I know Paul can dance too same way Peter can sing . Let's just agree they complement each other. Paul is a fool for talking nonsense that he made Peter shine
Paul never said he made Peter shine,, he never said that.. The only thing he subtly said,, not even directly was that he write most of psquare's songs which we all know without him saying it
Peter on the other hand has always boastfully said before camera that he structures psquare and he organises everything within the group,, but we won't choose to see that cos he isn't talking songs
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by 400billionman: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2017
P square are still the greatest artists out of Nigeria.

Wizkid and Davido still have a long way to go..

Psquare occupying Numbers 1, 3 and 8.
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by MRZEUS(m): 7:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
cristianisraeli:

shut up!!!

we are meant to criticize so they can start singing with good lyrics and their songs can live forever

till today we still listen to fela...
So u mean pple won't listen 2 Tu face, falz, Timi dakolo, p square etc
even dis fela u are praising has gibberish songs in his list of songs
so stop acting lyk u knw it all...
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by CaroLyner(f): 4:21pm On Oct 07, 2017
Diffdeef:
Seriously what does that got to do with we Nigerians? I'm not against anybody but at least one wizkid solo track should've made this list in his career haba,he featured an international star Drake but he still tied with davido 42M viewers.
Views are void and can be bought.
The turn outs for events organised by the artists is what counts.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Joylove05(f): 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2017
Wow...
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Bitchiamjay(m): 8:14pm On Oct 20, 2017
Rokia2:

Envy jealousy sibling rivalry battle of the alpha, women problem, lack of elderly figure, useless big brother, Paul thinking he got all the talent and Peter don't yet Peter is more popular then him, Battle of the egos, Peter disrespectful to big brother, Jude favouring Paul more the list goes on.

Done. . . Gracias Senorita! cheesy

#YOLO
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by haryomikun(m): 1:13am On Oct 21, 2017
Diffdeef:
Remember that wizkid's come closer reached 42M because Drake jumped on the song.
Wtf are you saying

1 Like

Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by PETUK(m): 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2017
greenhulk:

Well unfortunately that number is very very minute and non significant. This is why artists that care too much about lyrics don't make enough money to even sustain their lives like artists that don't care about lyrics and yet they make more than enough to spend on women and luxury. Where Dem blackface, modenine, etc Dem dey? Wizkid just made history as the African artist with the biggest concert... Does he care about lyrics? In this entertainment business if u don't move with the flow u get left behind. Lyrics don't mean shiit.

Only 3 things mater.

1. Good rhythm
2. Good beat
3. Badass video.
there's a reason why Lil Wayne and Nicki Minaj and others will never be considered best
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by anushka8harma: 11:26am On Jan 17, 2018
Nigerian Music is awesome... Great content... Want to know about richest musicians in Nigeria... Don Jazzy is number 2 with 6.5 Billion Naira... Read more- https:///9QhBFn
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Johnsonkeyz2019: 8:33am On Nov 10, 2021
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Johnsonkeyz2019: 11:42pm On Dec 01, 2021
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Johnsonkeyz2019: 11:50pm On Dec 01, 2021
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Johnsonkeyz2019: 10:41am On Dec 03, 2021
Re: 12 Most Popular Nigerian Music Videos On Youtube by Johnsonkeyz2019: 11:53am On Jan 20, 2022

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Davido’s ‘'Nwa Baby' / Mob Piru Bloods' Wardell Fouse Murdered The NOTORIOUS BIG / Ghanaians Mad At Chris Brown For Calling Azonto A Nigerian Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.