Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,827 members, 7,844,678 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years (673 Views)

The Phd Holder And The 'lliterate' / Most Wanted Kidnapper In Delta State Is A PhD Holder — Commissioner Of Police / How ‘phd Holder’ Lived, Died In Refuse Dump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by KnowAll(m): 11:44pm On Mar 08, 2010
Desperate times requires desperate measures. I will not pretend or dis-illsion myself that things are fine in Nigeria. The Country is on the brink, there has be a systematical failure in all stratas of civility, the society is fast turning into a barbarian paradise where anything goes. Marauding herdsmen now roam the countryside with intent to satisfy their lust for human blood, the fantasy these macrabe men in turban have always had has finally come home to roost in Jos Plateau State.

1800's styled Dan fodio debauchery is now quite visible to us in the 21st century, those of us whose kingdoms or tribes where not over-run by these bandits using Islam to claim other people's land only have to thank God our fore-fathers never went through this mayhem.

And those tribes, kingdoms or domains that have being overan by them in the past can only reminiscent of what their ancestors went through, the fear of God must have being put unto the citizenry of such domains no wonder some sensible elders in those is tribes or kingdoms had to submit their people to the charging chartalans or be annihilalated.

The National treasury has now being commandeered by a House wife and his co-collaborators as their own piggy banks. Our moral authority is in the doldrums, our banks are a shadow of what they where barely 5 years ago. Industries are no more, Agricultural funds released to help farmers has gone walkies, cannot be traced, yet the minister in charge of Agriculture is still in post. Nobody is asking questions ?

And that brings me to the question of " Common Sense " we all know what it means, but pretend not to know what it means when it comes to who should be in-charge of the FG or National Goverment. Most of our Politicians if they are looking for an Accountant to take care their accounts for them will not employ the least qualified. Common Sense would prevail. At times I wonder, we put people who we dear not allow to run our household budgets to run national budgets and State Budgets. Common Sense is thrown out of the window, I think I can empathise with such thinking, our Politicains dont consider the funds in the treasury as their own, they see it as a free money where anybody can dip their hands and help themselves.

This kind of thinking and behaiviour we clearly lead to only one result, and that is what is visible to us today. OBJ a young boy who joined the army in the 50's with only school cert has being Head of State or President twice. Shagari a teacher who was not that erudite, ruled with a lacklustre misdemeanor for  4 years, we all knew the outcome of that unholy alliance between Shagari and his uninspring regime he got sewpt away by the Khaki boys, from then on, it was down hill.

IBB the one banded about to take over the reins of power next year, devalued our currency by about 2000% yet some clueless Nigerians in some quarters are clamouring for his re-instatement. At least one good thing came out of his maladministration there is now an army of Diasporas that will fight him fire for fire, he created US and we will haunt him to the ends of his days.

Then we had ABACHA another recluse illetrate who out of fear could not leave Abuja throughout his reign, there used to be a saying if u dont want to address your fear, your fear will address you, and that was what happend to him.

Abdulsalam found himself at the helms, he knew this one is more than him, and decided to pass it on to somebody else as early as possible which he gladly did.

Then we had our first Graduate President who had spent most of his adult life in the North, I doubt whether he had any Southerner as a friend b4 he became Preisdent. Every appointment made by Yaradua reflected his upbringing, it had to be Hausa / Fulani, any position of importance had to be Hausa / Fulanis, the Southerners can be the mouth peice of Goverment like Segun Adeniyi and Dora Akinyuli that way the Southerner's will beleive they are in Charge. I think he is a real Champion of what one would call the SARDUNA OF Sokoto's school of thought. The Complete dominance of all the important apparatus of power by the Hausa / Fulani which he did very well. That happens to be the lagacy of Yaradua dead or Life, his legion today are fighting to keep the status quo as it is, would they win, it is anyone guess  undecided

Finally, and Accidentanlly yet again,  we have a thinking man,  a Phd at the helms of affair for the very first time. Why let him off like that, if it were other Industries we would do everything to keep him, if it means quadrupling his salary, but alas that is not the case in Nigeria.

The Dullards that have being in power must continue whether we like it or not - D.I.P.- Dullards In Power. Can u imagine someone with F9 in all his subjects vying for a job with someone with 1st class from the University. Our leaders argue our democracy is unique, u cannot compare it to any countrie's, of course yes it is unique, but not to the detriment of short-changing the country by putting dullards in position of power, what do u seriously expect from a dullard.

It is simple that is why some people have started refering to Nigeria as a failed state. You have a failed state when u have failures running the affairs of the state. Has anyone thought that Yaradua and Goodluck was a Joint Ticket, they are meant to compliment each other,  in trying times like this, I personally don't see anything wrong in Jonathan running next year because desperate times requires desperate measures our country is going through hell at the moment, we need a thinking man to be at the helms of affairs at least for the next 4years,  thereafter we might revert back to our rotational system when certain structures and pillars governeance have being built and their independence assured.

A food for thought for those that makes things happen in Nigeria,  lipsrsealed

Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by Igbanibo: 12:18am On Mar 09, 2010
If he does a good job, that he has a right to stand for the next election, and no one can say a word.
Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by KnowAll(m): 12:25am On Mar 09, 2010
If he does a good job, that he has a right to stand for the next election, and no one can say a word.

The Hausa / Fulani has put fear on every Southerner, we cannot be 2nd class citizens in our own country. He won the election with Yaradua and should benefit from the bounty. As u say he should do a good job first then we would access him. History has shown Phd's are thinking men that are doer's rather sayer's. Dr. Nkurumah's expressway linking Accra to the port of Tema happens to be the only expressway in Ghana.
Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by KnowAll(m): 1:27am On Mar 09, 2010
Aliu Dangote will not put someone with F9 all rounder in position of Authority in his Company. Why does Nigeria want D.I.P. Dullards In Power.

Obama's winning slogan was "yes we can" ours should be "No to D.I.P."
Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by KnowAll(m): 9:45am On Mar 11, 2010
Jonathan has demonstrated yet again, that all the man hours put by those astute erudite scholars in preparing and making the Uwais report would not be in vain. This is a report that would move Nigeria into the next level in her quest at finding that Democratic euphuism that has eluded us. The report is not perfect; it is the next positive step in the jig-saw or puzzle as we thrive to find the most suitable system of our evolving and nascent democracy.

The AP must be commended; the ball is now in the court of our representatives to ascertain the changes in the report become a reality the sooner the better for the nation.
Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by Afam(m): 10:41am On Mar 11, 2010
He cannot rule for another 4 years or better put he should not be allowed to rule for another 4 years.

To address the many injustices and complaints of marginalization be certain tribes or regions the issue of power rotation came into being and that seems to be the only workable solution at least for now.

It was this same power rotation that brought OBJ into office for 2 terms and it makes perfect sense to allow any region a possible 2 term presidency.

Unless of course, as a yoruba man you believe that now that the SW has done 8 years now is the time to abandon that arrangement. This seems like unadulterated selfishness to me and well meaning Nigerians should be able to see through this position that on the surface might seem like a progressive position but in reality is filled with insincerity.
Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by KnowAll(m): 11:57am On Mar 11, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When the right man is running your Bank account, making sure your money is safe, u can get it anytime u want it, u did not come up with a rotational system. I bet the last time u went to pick up some money in your bank u did not ask for the tribe of the person handing the money over to you, all u know is the banking industry despite all the failures around us is working efficiently, the money u credited into your account yesterday is still visible today.

In that kind of scenario nobody gives a hoot who is the head of that bank because the system works. What if u enter the same bank and demand for your money and the teller tells u, which money, I am afraid u don’t have any money with us would u be a happy man.?

This country has being run for too long by semi and stack illiterates, we have folded our arms in allowing people who cannot manage their own personal life’s adequately to determine the faith of 150 million Nigerians. These people are failures in whatever discipline they must have chosen, mutineers in most cases, people who should cover their faces in shame, tell me what reason does IBB have in overthrowing his Boss in 1985, no other reason than greed.

Dullards have being ruling the roost for too long, Dullards In Power that is why there has being a systematic failures in all facet of the economy. This inglorious path and rut can be and must be stopped.

A renewed and better beginning should be ushered in now, we are fortunate to have a Doctor in place whether accidentally or by an act of God, it is the first time we would have an over-qualified person leading the nation, we all know u don’t need a PhD to run a Country but while reject that person and go yet again for another round of semi-illiterates.

The OBJ issue- he was Head of State by accident in 1976 when his boss was killed that was an act of God. And the Second time he was made President by a compromise between North and South to compensate the SW for the Abiola Saga. Unfortunately with benefit of hindsight it was a poor choice and a wrong decision. We don’t have to continue in this cycle of wrong decision because we want to satisfy one ethnic group or the other. If the system works most Nigerians especially the youths might not even be interested in who runs the country.

How many people in this forum can mention the Prime Minister of Japan or the Chancellor of Germany yet those countries give their citizens optimum value, jobs, money in their pockets, in fact in these 2 countries the moment u start working, u work till the day u drop dead or retire. Workers cannot be fired easily in Germany and Japan.

Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by Afam(m): 12:16pm On Mar 11, 2010
KnowAll:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This country has being run for too long by semi and stack illiterates, we have folded our arms in allowing people who cannot manage their own personal life’s adequately to determine the faith of 150 million Nigerians. These people are failures in whatever discipline they must have chosen, mutineers in most cases, people who should cover their faces in shame, tell me what reason does IBB have in overthrowing his Boss in 1985, no other reason than greed.
[/color]

The same reason Gowon refused Brigadier General Ogundipe from becoming the head of state when Ironsi was killed, a position Ojukwu opposed even though Ogundipe was a Yoruba man while making it clear that it was wrong and would lead to indiscipline in the army.

KnowAll:

The OBJ issue- he was Head of State by accident in 1976 when his boss was killed that was an act of God. And the Second time he was made President by a compromise between North and South to compensate the SW for the Abiola Saga. Unfortunately with benefit of hindsight it was a poor choice and a wrong decision. We don’t have to continue in this cycle of wrong decision because we want to satisfy one ethnic group or the other. If the system works most Nigerians especially the youths might not even be interested in who runs the country.
[/color]

The content in bold refers, I guess you need to allow other regions to have that benefit of hindsight before you can continue with the preaching.

I pointed out very clearly that your motive is not pure before the SW has done 8 years so you now see it as not necessary even when you agreed power was shifted to the SW and I guess you never objected to it.
Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by KnowAll(m): 1:56pm On Mar 11, 2010
The content in bold refers, I guess you need to allow other regions to have that benefit of hindsight before you can continue with the preaching.

I pointed out very clearly that your motive is not pure before the SW has done 8 years so you now see it as not necessary even when you agreed power was shifted to the SW and I guess you never objected to it.

I have no objection in other areas having their turns, u can see I emphasis the importance of literacy, background and grounded knowledge and approach to doing things. Rather than the North wheeling out another semi illiterate, semi retired geriatric, if they cannot find anyone capable north of the Rivers Niger and Benue; they should allow the thinking man presently in power to continue with the reforms he has started.

If Jonathan knows the mandate is his next year, he would push for so many reforms that will push the nation forward in a giant stride which will enable him fight and win the elections next year.

As it is now there might be a tendency for him to view things from a lackadaisical approach, this might be positive in a way, since he will not be benefiting from the power equation next year, his passive but thorough and well thought misdemeanour might invariably establish a level playing field where all contenders stand equal chances. Obi’s win in Anambra is a pointer and is enough to make many PDP Governors shake in their boots.

On the OBJ Issue

I was not a party to OBJ’s emergence neither was 35 to 45 million Yorubas, OBJ got coroneted by his own illiterate colleagues, the SW never had an input, the whole exercise was done by Mutineers who have robbed the nation blind.

What are we in the SW suppose do when OBJ was entrusted on us, to go rioting in the streets and get shot like dogs, these fellows holding on to power are not thinking people they are not learned, they are conscripts who rose through the ranks from their misdeeds.
Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2010
Leadership should not b based on paper qualification alone.
Re: Let Common Sense Prevail - Let The Phd Holder Rule For Another 4 Years by Moves: 2:47pm On Mar 11, 2010
In the Interest of Equity, I support the rotational system, it does not neccessary mean it will throw up illiterate or failures, there are capable hands in every regions, until the polity take electioneering and make our votes counts then we should blame rotational presidency but our electoral failure,

(1) (Reply)

In The Spotlight: Commerade Governor Adams Oshiomole. / I Slept With An Average Of 7 Men In A Day / The Other Side Of Turai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.