Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

. - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (37359 Views)

Boy Having A Huge Python As Friend, See How Close They Have Becom. (PHOTO) / Woman Who 'Lost' Her Husband Due To Her Ego Laments: There Is No Benefit In Prid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
ikp120:

I think you're wrong!

You shouldn't impose anything on kids if it's not a life skill. Religion is NOT a life skill!

Astronomy is the kid's passion. The mum didn't impose it on him. He just loves it.

If the kid picks interest in religion, fine! Else, do not impose it on him please.

Yeah i maybe, but this is a cafe, we've just turned it to be a friendly place for discourse, i just felt i should chip in an idea.

Thanks for correcting me.

I bet shaye, knows what she wants best for him. I hate to impose, Peace y'all
Re: . by pocohantas(f): 12:58pm On Oct 10, 2017
Fingerprinter:

Hey guys, Cc. Supersystemsnig, Pocohontas, Mrphysics, please enough of this na. Since yesterday, you guys have been dragging back and forth on this particular issue. Please, let it slide.
I believe we are all children of God, let us remember what God told us about a forgiving heart and move on please. No more war abeg!

I'm surprised you didn't tell this yesterday when I took the back seat.
SMH

frenzyduchess:
Sometimes we have to ignore not because we are weak, but for our own peace my dear

Thanks sis. Advice taken from a neutral soul.
Re: . by mrphysics(m): 1:00pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaybebaby:

Lol @atheist. I think he is one currently. I haven't discussed the presence or absence of any god/God. He will have to find his own answers without undue influence from me.
I have a couple of apps on his tablet, there is a brilliant one by Professor Brian Cox, kind of like a documentary app, not for kids but it's his favourite.

I think you will find that it is much different for kids growing up in this age. They have access to a lot more knowledge because of the Internet. Eg He also watches a lot of videos of YouTube.

Thanks for your kind words, I am super proud of him, wish I could take credit but the boy simply chooses these things by himself. He has even stopped watching TV and asks that it be turned off.
Okay, though I think he shouldn't be. You should teach him about what people think about the existence or absence of a supreme being. Listen to him, he will ask you questions, and also says what he thinks. Whether or not you like it, he is not growing in a vacuum. If you do not teach him, he will be taught in a school, colleagues, etc.

Teach him that the universe has so many mysteries that science is yet to give answers to. Teach him that constants he sees in mathematical equations are abstract numbers used to make equations complete. They are not natural. Try to teach him to know that the laws of physics breaks down at speed greater than the speed of light. Finally, teach him that no one knows what happens after death.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2017
mrphysics:

Okay, though I think he shouldn't be. You should teach him about what people think about the existence or absence of a supreme being. Listen to him, he will ask you questions, and also says what he thinks. Whether or not you like it, he is not growing in a vacuum. If you do not teach him, he will be taught in a school, colleagues, etc.

Teach him that the universe has so many mysteries that science is yet to give answers to. Teach him that constants he sees in mathematical equations are abstract numbers used to make equations complete. They are not natural. Try to teach him to know that the laws of physics breaks down at speed greater than the speed of light. Finally, teach him that no one knows what happens after death.

Bros, are you trying to produce another Einstein or what? All of these at that age? You've gotta be kiddin me

I hope you won't mention proton accelerator, geiger muller counter, nucler fission, density, quantum energy, latent heat, inertia, uptrust, bros hope you won't mention these... grin

You're sure about this? I can tell you what happens after death cause i've seen it personally? I have my Paul experience, and this was how this rude boy found God o. After death, it's life or punishment based on records...Life...

Finally, teach him that no one knows what happens after death....

This is the new derailers paradise... grin Any thing fits ...All join.... wink
Re: . by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 10, 2017
Smh-ing and lol-ing.
Re: . by shaybebaby(f): 1:08pm On Oct 10, 2017
mrphysics:

I'll wait till he brings his questions. I'm sure that will happen with time but I won't preempt it.

Thing is childhood is but a short period of time, there is a lifetime to grapple with what most of us do as adults. Time will come soon enough for all this and more but for now, exploring the world around them without preconceptions should be encouraged. And that includes being exposed to different world views.

You see the world through your eyes, I see through mine, allow kids to do the same through theirs. We could learn a thing a two. wink

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 1:09pm On Oct 10, 2017
pocohantas:

I'm surprised you didn't tell this yesterday when I took the back seat.
SMH

Thanks sis. Advice taken from a neutral soul.
don't mention dear, no matter what happens(ed),don't loose your peace of mind.That is the most important thing in life as I have come to realize. I can only imagine how you have been feeling since this drama started but hey, it's all part of life, we can meet our spouses any where,its unfortunate things went this way, now just take deep breaths and free your mind, that's is all i want you to do for yourself

1 Like

Re: . by mrphysics(m): 1:10pm On Oct 10, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Bros, are you trying to produce another Einstein or what? All of these at that age? You've gotta be kiddin me

I hope you won't mention proton accelerator, geiger muller counter, nucler fission, density, quantum energy, latent heat, inertia, uptrust, bros hope you won't mention these... grin

You're sure about this? I can tell you what happens after death cause i've seen it personally? I have my Paul experience, and this was how this rude boy found God o. After death, it's life or punishment based on records...Life...

Finally, teach him that no one knows what happens after death....

This is the new derailers paradise... grin Any thing fits ...All join.... wink
This is your personal experience. You can't mass produce it.

As for other things, i think they are way bigger than him. I want the mum to teach him that
Re: . by shaybebaby(f): 1:13pm On Oct 10, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Lol @ Shayebaby, please reconsider ma'am

@ Lol @atheist. I think he is one currently. I haven't discussed the presence or absence of any god/God. He will have to find his own answers without undue influence from me.

If you leave him to find the answers, he may wander and wander,i wandered for twenty five years, it opens a path of wandering if he isn't taught. It's like schooling him in principles of Physics, nature abhors vacuum ma, do not forget, i can volunteer to be his life guide, I've worked with and have mentored over 25 kids from small now are doing fine, please tutor him in God, and if he grows up, he can choose not to, but that has to be by 18, but between now and then, let God have space in him...It's similar to how you're tutoring him in astronomy, you're helping him find his life path...Help him find his path in faith too, i can guess you were guided into faith too, an as an adult you chose your path....But at least give him this same opportunity, please ma, I'm begging
Haha, I am not tutoring. But I can't teach something I do not believe anyways. I do not see how that would be of benefit to him other than to start creating lines of division, who believes what, which is the right one etc

If he finds a God to worship, it doesn't change anything for me. He is not obliged to tow the same path as I am.

What you have done for those kids is borne out of the goodness of your heart, motivated by your faith. We all express the same things through different actions.

Individuality is more important to me than conformity.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
mrphysics:

This is your personal experience. You can't mass produce it.

As for other things, i think they are way bigger than him. I want the mum to teach him that

True @ This is your personal experience. You can't mass produce it.

Funny, we've turned this into parenting ideas...I like where this is going....this is the coolest cafe on the forum at the moment... grin
Re: . by mrphysics(m): 1:19pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaybebaby:

I'll wait till he brings his questions. I'm sure that will happen with time but I won't preempt it.

Thing is childhood is but a short period of time, there is a lifetime to grapple with what most of us do as adults. Time will come soon enough for all this and more but for now, exploring the world around them without preconceptions should be encouraged. And that includes being exposed to different world views.

You see the world through your eyes, I see through mine, allow kids to do the same through theirs. We could learn a thing a two. wink
You have never been a physicist and you don't know what it feels like to be one.
In US, as early as 5 years, children carry books about quantum mechanics. When you teach them the theory behind it, it will guide them. You have guided him through other things, I think it is now time to help him discover himself first.

Physics helps you understand yourself first, then gives you a good reference frame to make your decision.
When we were in 3rd year, after our first astronomy class, some became atheist. lol. The lecturer isn't an atheist, yet some became one. It gives you this experience and understanding about this world. Until now, we still argue of the existence of God.

In the 72nd inaugural lecture of the university of Nigeria Nsukka, my professor of cosmology gave a lecture on the top "Physics in Life and the end of all things". It was mind blowing and left so many questions unanswered.

Teach him, I am sure he would want to know what you think about it.
Re: . by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaybebaby:

Haha, I am not tutoring. But I can't teach something I do not believe anyways. I do not see how that would be of benefit to him other than to start creating lines of division, who believes what, which is the right one etc

If he finds a God to worship, it doesn't change anything for me. He is not obliged to tow the same path as I am.

What you have done for those kids is borne out of the goodness of your heart, motivated by your faith. We all express the same things through different actions.

Lol @ But I can't teach something I do not believe anyways. I do not see how that would be of benefit to him other than to start creating lines of division, who believes what, which is the right one etc

Lol @ Individuality is more important to me than conformity.

Mehn, you're good. Anyway, as a non-conformist and a pathfinder and creator, it's good, you're molding an inventor.... We wish him the best as he treds on his path of greatness, i hope his light shines so brght that the world would see, the distant shores would rejoice...

You're doing good my lady... Simplicity is the coolest sophistication...Take it a step at a time..
Re: . by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2017
mrphysics:

You have never been a physicist and you don't know what it feels like to be one.
In US, as early as 5 years, children carry books about quantum mechanics. When you teach them the theory behind it, it will guide them. You have guided him through other things, I think it is now time to help him discover himself first.

Physics helps you understand yourself first, then gives you a good reference frame to make your decision.
When we were in 3rd year, after our first astronomy class, some became atheist. lol. The lecturer isn't an atheist, yet some became one. It gives you this experience and understanding about this world. Until now, we still argue of the existence of God.

In the 72nd inaugural lecture of the university of Nigeria Nsukka, my professor of cosmology gave a lecture on the top "Physics in Life and the end of all things". It was mind blowing and left so many questions unanswered.

Teach him, I am sure he would want to know what you think about it.

I agree, by the age of 8, i had finished the 16 volumes encyclopedia in my house twice, i could explain what a nuclear reactor was and knew it intimately, many of my early learning impacted me greatly, even till now, so yes from ages 7 through till 10 is an excellent time to start
Re: . by FrankByMonster: 2:56pm On Oct 10, 2017
>>Am I doing the right thing?
who knows.. i had the same situation with my ukrainian girlfriend. met her on https://mymagicbrides.com/blog/women-seeking-men/ . bought her a ring, but month later we had a quarrel.. still i decided not to break up with her. maybe it would be reasonable in your case not to do this. sorry if have some mistakes in the text. don't speak english fluently
Re: . by Ishilove: 3:27pm On Oct 10, 2017
supersystemsnig:
I HAVE CAUSED PROBLEMS OH. JESUS. HOW CAN I MAKE THIS GO AND LET EVERYONE BE IN PEACE
Lol. Stop being a drama queen cheesy
Re: . by Ishilove: 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2017
supersystemsnig:
Cc Ishilove, kindly drop some consoling words. I accept responsibility for my actions. Plz wade in.
What can I say here that hasn't already been said?

Your offline business should remain strictly offline. Coming online to create drama will do no one any good, as you have seen.

While I know for a FACT that there is more to this than meets the eye, I exhort you to grow up and put away childish things. I say this with the very best intentions.
Re: . by cococandy(f): 4:06pm On Oct 10, 2017
dokwhot:
The world doesn't revolve around your belief or unbelief.
Mmm hmm
Re: . by mediocre(m): 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaybebaby:

You don't believe in GOD? shocked shocked

YOU WILL BURRRN
Re: . by shaybebaby(f): 7:38pm On Oct 10, 2017
mediocre:
You don't believe in GOD? shocked shocked

YOU WILL BURRRN
Okay, I have no problems with that. Thanks for the heads up though.
Re: . by mediocre(m): 7:50pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaybebaby:

Okay, I have no problems with that. Thanks for the heads up though.
I'm kidding, but you're not even the least bit scared? You could be wrong
Re: . by shaybebaby(f): 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
mediocre:
I'm kidding, but you're not even the least bit scared? You could be wrong
Why should I be? It is what it is. What if I am right?

The best we can do is the find a way of living life in the most meaningful way to us in the now wink. What happens in the hereafter if there is one, will be dealt with in the hereafter.
Re: . by mediocre(m): 8:11pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaybebaby:

Why should I be? It is what it is. What if I am right?

The best we can do is the find a way of living life in the most meaningful way to us in the now wink. What happens in the hereafter if there is one, will be dealt with in the hereafter.
Cool. One day at a time.

Your boy is cute, he'll soon grow up and start stealing our girls, these soft oyinbo boys .. Is he gap toothed? I think I see a possible diastema grin
Re: . by shaybebaby(f): 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2017
mediocre:
Cool. One day at a time.

Your boy is cute, he'll soon grow up and start stealing our girls, these soft oyinbo boys .. Is he gap toothed? I think I see a possible diastema grin
Thank you, I think so too but I'm the parent, of course I'll be biased. tongue

Nah,no gap tooth there, just the tooth fairy making off with the milk teeth. Lost five so far and three have grown back in.

You a doc?
Re: . by mediocre(m): 9:01pm On Oct 10, 2017
shaybebaby:

Thank you, I think so too but I'm the parent, of course I'll be biased. tongue

Nah,no gap tooth there, just the tooth fairy making off with the milk teeth. Lost five so far and three have grown back in.

You a doc?
Lol cute. No I'm not a doctor, but if you ask me in 2019 , I might tell you yes..

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2017
Being single after a year in a seemingly beautiful relationship is quite painful. I feel lonely once again.
Re: . by VERDA: 11:23pm On Oct 11, 2017
Evaberry:
op actually you are not understanding and indeed a terrible human being.

whatever happened to you telling her how you felt, some people don't even know how to take care of others, did you try to understand this.

you expected her to turn into a care taker and she didn't, why didn't you tell her how u felt before allowing your ego, and man pride, take over you.

I personally don't like being taken care of when I'm sick, makes me feel like I'm about to die so it's really hard accepting anyone care for me, because of this I can't stand a sympathetic sick person as I feel you should be able to care for yourself and I will only do the smallest details but if I see someone that likes being dotted on then of course I will change this mindset because that is what love is suppose to be about. understanding and sacrifice.

Haba madam, he might have taken it too far immediately ordering her out,but ur assertion that some people don't know how to care for others does not hold water, if you don't know how to care for another,you have no business getting married until you learn how to because marriage is basically two people making public their commitment to care for and nuture each others growth for the rest of their life's....that is basically the definition of love.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 12, 2017
dokwhot:
Being single after a year in a seemingly beautiful relationship is quite painful. I feel lonely once again.

Perhaps it's the time to reflect on the errors we made, and look for how to improve and make better decisions for the next one. I think you're on this path bro. Like you said to me earlier, it's the enlightenment path. Take it easy, not easy dealing with it...Argh...Its not fair saying to you that you'll be fine. I can only say i can relate. Plz, no alcohol, fill your time with things you enjoy doing
Re: . by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
This girl is just busy,spreading rumours that I'm wicked.What a tiny devil!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Perhaps it's the time to reflect on the errors we made, and look for how to improve and make better decisions for the next one. I think you're on this path bro. Like you said to me earlier, it's the enlightenment path. Take it easy, not easy dealing with it...Argh...Its not fair saying to you that you'll be fine. I can only say i can relate. Plz, no alcohol, fill your time with things you enjoy doing
I'm fine,actually.I don't take alcohol.
Re: . by Nobody: 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2017
EfemenaXY:

Behave grin grin

grin grin

How are you my dear?
Re: . by EfemenaXY: 7:47pm On Oct 17, 2017
Mindfulness:

grin grin

How are you my dear?

I'm good dear. You?

We had orange skies and a nearly red sun just after noon yesterday.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/orange-sky-storm-ophelia-sahara-13767164.amp

Freaky but awesome smiley
Re: . by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 17, 2017
EfemenaXY:

I'm good dear. You?

We had orange skies and a nearly red sun just after noon yesterday.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/orange-sky-storm-ophelia-sahara-13767164.amp

Freaky but awesome smiley

Awesome! I love it. Nothing is more beautiful than nature.

I am good dear despite the rainy, cold weather.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Blindfolded Man Identifies His Wife Just By Touching Her Hands (video) / Abandoned Baby At Abule Egba This Morning(pic) / "My Husband Washes My Pants" Anita Joseph Reveals (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.