Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,236 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' (1979 Views)

Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] / I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by Seun(m): 10:26pm On Feb 18, 2007
Marjoe Gortner was the first Evangelical preacher to blow the whistle on his profession. In his documentary film, Marjoe, made in the late sixties, he revealed age-old tricks of the trade and exposed some of the entertainment aspects of the popular movement that have made it big business

f he lives forever, Hugh Marjoe Ross Gortner will most likely always be "The World's Youngest Ordained Minister." Born January 14, 1944, Marjoe was almost strangled during delivery by his own umbilical cord. The obstetrician told his mother that it was a miracle the child survived, and thus "Marjoe" -- for Mary and Joseph -- the Miracle Child, took his place at the end of a long line of Evangelical ministers.

From the beginning, his preaching skills were meticulously cultivated. Before he learned to say "Mamma" or "Poppa," he was taught to sing "Hallelujah!" When he was nine months old his mother taught him the right way to shout "Glory!" into the microphone. At three, he could preach the gospel from memory. On Halloween, 1948, at the age of four, Marjoe was officially ordained. In the following decade he preached to packed tents and houses coast to coast, as enthusiastic audiences flocked to see the Miracle Child who allegedly received sermons from the Lord in his sleep.

The miracle child explains the source of his 'anointing' here: www.positiveatheism.org/hist/marjoe.htm

Links to where you can listen to him preach are available at: www.metafilter.com/58736/Give-the-devil-two-black-eyes
Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by trinigirl1(f): 12:21am On Feb 19, 2007
You know, I'm getting really sick and tired of seeing derogatory, inflammatory things about christianity on this forum.

Instead of putting so much effort into trying to defame God, why not submit WHAT YOU NOW BELIEVE as a tenable REPLACEMENT or ALTERNATIVE TO CHRISTIANITY!

People think they are attacking "religion" when they are in fact attacking and mocking God himself!

Please, for your own sakes, you hate christians, fine, you hate God or you think he doesn't exist? Fine! But please try and desist from condemning your own soul deeper and deeper by saying things against him.

This Marjoe Gortner is a schooled manipulator.  I read his interview where he alludes that the infilling of the holy spirit is manufactured psychological hysterics.  I've heard it all before.  But did you not read my own personal experience on how I received the infilling?? No hype, no one around me, no excitement, no effort on my part.  See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-12604.128.html

Instead of always trying to provoke people about how stupid they are for following Christ and believing what is written in the Bible, why don't you people offer us a viable alternative that has yielded you some positive fruit without sounding confused like Jen? See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-39918.64.html

To this day she hasn't been able to explain to me, according to the logic of "being one with the universe and being incarnated to perfect oneness of same", why after billions of years human incarnates are yet to be the peaceful beings she claims the rest of the universe to be, even after our alleged "spirit guides" counsel us for soul development before every incarnation. Perhaps it's because we are made to "forget" before we incarnate as new human beings. 
** rolls eyes **

Instead I got some watery contradiction about not all human beings are reincarnated.  lipsrsealed

Still dancing around an answer, and now she has the audacity to revert again to attacking the content of the Bible.  angry

Should we be an athiest like you Seun? Embrace reincarnation like you Jen? Become members of the Kinky Church of Saint Magdeline or whatever, like Reverend? or perhaps embrace Universalism, like KDK? Yeah! Let's worship the universe! No! Let's worship ourselves, since we are ALL gods! Wait, no, a true god doesn't require worship, rather, as gods, let's just existentially evolve into karmic and cosmic euphoria!

** shakes head pitifully **

God is truly a patient and merciful God, but my patience is surely wearing thin.  angry

I guess because the motive as usual, is to get an angry, defensive reaction (which I have finally fallen for), and then to comment "typical response from a religous, misguided retard in need of mental reconfiguration". 

This makes them feel better about themselves I suppose.  undecided

When are you people going to realise the distinction between religious institution or cult and christian discipleship?

I will give you the expected reaction, so you can have the expected satisfaction of prediction.

Jevohah God, the God of Abraham, Isaac, Moses and Jacob, the El Shaddai, the King of kings and the Lord of lords, the God of glory who thunders and yes! the Mighty Man of War who slays his enemies in heaven and on earth, will JUDGE ALL and everything that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ, and will on this earth and in the next life give each one according to his own works!

I would use another cliche that "a word to the wise is enough" but as many have proven here they only have lots of knowledge but absolutely no wisdom whatsoever!

Happy now Seun?  angry

2 Likes

Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by trinigirl1(f): 12:43am On Feb 19, 2007
It's true what Paul said, even to this day.

But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who suppress the truth by their wickedness.

They know the truth about God because he has made it obvious to them.  For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky.

Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature.

So they have no excuse for not knowing God

Yes, they knew God, but they wouldn’t worship him as God or even give him thanks.

And they began to think up foolish ideas of what God was like.

As a result, their minds became dark and confused.

Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools.

So God abandoned them to do whatever shameful things their hearts desired

They traded the truth about God for a lie.

So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise, Amen!

Since they thought it foolish to acknowledge God, he abandoned them to their foolish thinking and let them do things that should never be done.
Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by tafari(m): 3:44am On Feb 19, 2007
@ trini girl, I feel you. no matter what critics say,still hold on to your faith. Belief is a personal thing. You cant stop others from critisizing your religion. It shows thier quest for knowledge.
However, why has christianity been the most x-rayed/attacked on this forum.? isnt there other belief or religion?
It seems there is something special about xtianity.
Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by trinigirl1(f): 3:00pm On Feb 19, 2007
tafari:

@ trini girl, I feel you. no matter what critics say,still hold on to your faith. Belief is a personal thing. You can't stop others from critisizing your religion. It shows their quest for knowledge.
However, why has christianity been the most x-rayed/attacked on this forum.? isnt there other belief or religion?
It seems there is something special about xtianity.

tafari, criticism is one thing, blatant disrespect and mockery is quite another.  i think i may have to reconsider my opinion of certain people on this forum.

it doesn't show a quest for knowledge at all, it shows ignorance, especially for those who claim to "seek truth". even in atheism they claim to feign enlightenment by having high morals which is shown by respect for all other belief systems, but faith in none, since in their minds there is no deity.

and of course there is something special about christianity.  Christ!  grin  the only way, the only truth and the life, the son of God, the Word of God, God Himself!

1 Like

Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by donnie(m): 3:23pm On Feb 19, 2007
Glory! I feel the Spirit right here!
Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by shinystar(m): 5:43pm On Feb 19, 2007
Trini girl,

I find your anger about the endless criticism against christianity uncalled for. I understand that christianity gets the highest bashing and that is just inevitable. It is the most celebrated, embraced and practised religion. Even Christ was bashed like no other person. Yet, he never diminished in stature and personality. I imagine that trini girl would have objected so seriously if she were there when Christ was criticised.

But what did he do? He took everything in his strides. He remained focus, explained where necessary and allowed people to run their mouth. Nothing can ever stop the outburst against the church. The criticism against the church is sometimes warranted; there are too many contradictions in the church that can only be flushed out through constant whipping. I see nothing wrong in that. I do that to engage in internal cleansing, which is necessary. if we don't talk to ourselves, who will?

But I also admit some are reckless and ill-motivated. there is nothing we still can do about that. I think the beauty of it all is that God is a democrat and appreciates constructive criticism. I am a Christian because it is the only religion that allows me to question what I don't know and criticise what is anathematic. No religion is that liberal. The moment we can neither query nor criticise things in the church, we become mere zommbies suck bt the deceit of religion.

So, Trini girl, let people run their mouths. Christianity cannot be undermined or releagated. It remainsa force and can only get better through more critics.
Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by Nobody: 4:43am On Aug 10, 2012
see vex...
Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by cyrexx: 5:29am On Aug 10, 2012
to everyone who dey vex on this thread...

Re: Revealed: The True Source Of 'the Anointing' by tpia5: 5:39am On Aug 10, 2012
all these semi literates.

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Churches / How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not? / Barakha: The Black Slave Girl, Who “served” Muhammad’s Four Generations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.