Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,096 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise (29663 Views)

Doctor Laments As Car Disappears In Abuja Market / A Review Of Mercedes-Maybach 6 Cabriolet: Linda Ikeji's 2019 Dream Car / Top Car Makers And Their Country Of Origin (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by kay29000(m): 7:44am On Oct 07, 2017
It is still hard for me to believe that women in Saudi weren't allowed to drive cara up till recently.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 07, 2017
dljbd1:
WTF! I can't believe a human being made such statement. shocked
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by akigbemaru: 8:04am On Oct 07, 2017
obafemee80:
[img]http:///a/img924/5613/30UYcu.png[/img]

Ford Middle East has offered a free mustang to a Saudi woman who fought for women’s rights to drive in the kingdom.

Sahar Nassif, 63, was an outspoken critic of Saudi Arabia’s driving laws, before the ban on women drivers was lifted last week.

In October 2013, Nassif was arrested by Saudi police in Jeddah for posting a video on Youtube of herself buckling up and driving around the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uspeXWcgwr0

Following the news of the royal decree issued by Saudi King Salman last week, Nassif told the BBC:

‘I’m really thrilled, everybody’s so thrilled – I’m so excited I don’t know what to do.  ‘I’m going to buy a Mustang!’

In a tweet to Nassif on Friday, Ford Middle East said:

"We'd like to give you your dream car," Ford Middle East tweeted to Nassif on Friday, followed hours later by "Your Mustang awaits" with the picture of a yellow car speeding through a tunnel and the hashtag #MustangSahar.

German car-maker Volkwagen in the Middle East joined the chorus of auto sellers applauding the Saudi driving decree, tweeting on Friday:

[img]http:///a/img922/6507/ltMkCq.png[/img]

Car-makers have rushed in to target Saudi women after the decision is expected to boost regional car sales by 28 per cent in the first seven months of 2017,   analysts at UK business intelligence firm IHS Markit said.

Nissan were also made a bid on twitter to cash in on potential buyers from the wealthy Gulf state, posting their congratulations to Saudi women, along with luxury auto companies Cadillac and Chevrolet.

Source: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/380119-ford-gives-saudi-activist-free-mustang
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 8:11am On Oct 07, 2017
seunny4lif:
The same Saudi Arabia kill Libya and wanted Assad gone.
Saudi wanted democracy in Libya and yet her country females can't drive but ladies drive any how in Libya and even married foreigners
Saudi is second terrorist state after US
Both have been responsible for the death of millions people around the world.
America rambles on and on about "human rights" and bleats about "humanitarian concerns", while at the same time supporting and allying with the ignominious Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which is opposed to many of the values the West and America espouse. This tells you that the USA doesn't give two shiits about morality and human rights. It's all propaganda!

America supports the abomination called Israel and turns a blind eye to her contemptible treatment of the Palestinians.

But, for "humanitarian concerns" and whatever other shiit you can think of, the United States has invaded:

Vietnam
North Korea
Afghanistan
Iraq
And destabilized Libya

You see the Americans labelling others genocidal monsters and indicting them for "War crimes", but has America apologized to the world for Vietnam and Iraq? How many American Presidents are in PRISON?

America is a joke. A disgrace to the very principles upon which it was founded.

When you understand that Zionists and WASP Freemasons control America, its Modus Operandi becomes clear as cystal.
Tozara

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by GetMeRight: 8:12am On Oct 07, 2017
Jakumo:
Nasty backward country for mullahs and their sex-obsessed ilk, who hide their own women in black gunny sacks, before flying off to London for a spot of bonking with the expensive hookers there.
I and majority of the 180 million Nigeria population would prefer that kind of "nasty backward country" to a shitty hell hole called Nigeria.
And I would prefer their ruling mullahs to our ruling megalomaniacs.
Saudi Arabia thought it was protecting its women and now that the world is proving them wrong, they are listening and making corrections. Can you say the same thing about your country and leaders.

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by GetMeRight: 8:13am On Oct 07, 2017
seunny4lif:
The same Saudi Arabia kill Libya and wanted Assad gone.
Saudi wanted democracy in Libya and yet her country females can't drive but ladies drive any how in Libya and even married foreigners
Saudi is second terrorist state after US
Both have been responsible for the death of millions people around the world.
Stop smoking igbo.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by seunny4lif(m): 8:15am On Oct 07, 2017
Good point brother
America is worst more than Nazi.
They are responsible for the death of millions.
Double standard country

AlmiqhteeAllah:
America rambles on and on about "human rights" and bleats about "humanitarian concerns", while at the same time supporting and allying with the ignominious Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, which is opposed to many of the values the West and America espouse. This tells you that the USA doesn't give two shiits about morality and human rights. It's all propaganda!

America supports the abomination called Israel and turns a blind eye to her contemptible treatment of the Palestinians.

But, for "humanitarian concerns" and whatever other shiit you can think of, the United States has invaded:

Vietnam
North Korea
Afghanistan
Iraq
And destabilized Libya

You see the Americans labelling others genocidal monsters and indicting them for "War crimes", but has America apologized to the world for Vietnam and Iraq? How many American Presidents are in PRISON?

America is a joke. A disgrace to the very principles upon which it was founded.

When you understand that Zionists and WASP Freemasons control America, its Modus Operandi becomes as clear as cystal.

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by seunny4lif(m): 8:16am On Oct 07, 2017
GetMeRight:

Stop smoking igbo.
If only you can see
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 07, 2017
GetMeRight:
Stop smoking igbo.
You are a fool. So, he made no point?
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by refreshrate: 8:20am On Oct 07, 2017
Cladez:
Nice one from ford.......biko enjoy your car hapu ndi ara.

But if i may ask why were they banned before?

Didn't you see the caveat?
Driving causes vibrations
Vibrations affect the vag!na
This will turn the woman on when driving (considering for them it's a different vibration just sitting in the car without driving)

...and this is Haram
According to oga dem

Ndi ala

By the way all those car companies owe that woman a percentage of all cars sold to women in that country for the rest of their lives! The mustang is just extra!

Dem no ask us to talk LA Illa illahla for this one ni?
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Futureberry: 8:21am On Oct 07, 2017
There is no freedom anywhere
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by GetMeRight: 8:23am On Oct 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
Stop names calling, otherwise you will chop ban.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Daeylar(f): 8:25am On Oct 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
WTF! I can't believe a human being made such statement. shocked

The gall he had, that country is something else
Did you see this news, A few days before Saudi lifted the ban on women driving, one of their leaders muslin leaders, Saudi clerk, whatever, Said that a woman has half a brain so shouldn't be allowed to drive, he also said they lose another half while shopping, so more reason they shouldn't drive.
Pathetic.

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by nengibo: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2017
pinnket:
Nice gesture from Ford Company..

Lemme go and start my own protest too, that Firearms should be legalized in Nigeria for personal use, not just by Fulani herdesmen alone. Who knows what Kalashnikov company might give me undecided undecided
You no dey see wetin dey happen for America because of gun rights
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by nengibo: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2017
numerouno01:
since they have lifted the ban on female drivers, the number of mediocre drivers in Saudi roads will drastically increase grin...(na joke o).
anyways nice gesture from ford, twas a good business format.
Oya feminists attack!!!!
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by perdollar(m): 8:31am On Oct 07, 2017
ds Arab Muslim women once dey get dia freedom from d restrictions placed on dem by men of Islam, dem go bad pass Edo, Benue n calabar girls.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Daeylar(f): 8:32am On Oct 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
You are a fool. So, he made no point?

Leave that one you just quoted he has no sense, he said that he and majority of Nigerians would prefer to be Saudi Arabians,
As bad as Nigeria Is at least the women's rights are better here and it's not an islamized country yet he says we would choose Saudi Arabia,
Do you agree,

By the way, this same Saudi Arabia was elected to UN's women right commission back in April, a country that didn't let it's women drive at that time

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by columbus007(m): 8:34am On Oct 07, 2017
Cladez:
Nice one from ford.......biko enjoy your car hapu ndi ara.

But if i may ask why were they banned before?
because it shakes their virginal which causes the clitoris to vibrate whereby they go wet and crazy u knw that can make them give it in for someone else.i suport the ban.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 07, 2017
dljbd1:
Damn!He is a disgrace to other stupid people all over the world.He should be made king of stupidity already.It's in him,just like peak.undecided

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 8:38am On Oct 07, 2017
seunny4lif:
Good point brother
America is worst more than Nazi.
They are responsible for the death of millions.
Double standard country

Insidious evils are the WORST and the most dangerous forms of evil. Everyone sees Nazi Germany for what it is. But the propaganda of the USA has given the monster a new cloak. America is being applauded and recognised as the beacon of civilization and liberty by many the world over. Very few Americans see their government for what it is. Many fools among them have no idea the number of ENEMIES the American government has created for its citizens outside their country.

America's ridiculous Militay spending and the size of its Military tells you ALL you need to know about its agenda. America's geographical location makes it nearly invulnerable to conventional attack. All America needs are a few submarines and aircraft carriers to fend off any serious threat. It barely needs soldiers at all. So, what's the purpose of the American Military if not AGGRESSION and TERRORISM?

America violates the sovereignty of other nation states to "protect America" [although, you wouldn't have seen American fighter jets buzzing over Russian Airspace, had Osama bin Laden been living in Moscow i.e America is a disgusting cowardly bastard that only bullies weak nations]. Imagine Pakistan invading the USA to kill her enemy - that would have gone down well, wouldn't it?

If America's enemies had the same military power as America, America would cease to exist by tomorrow.
Tozara

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Holorunloseyi(m): 8:38am On Oct 07, 2017
Am trying to imaging how this women feel when the ban exist,just like when my mum sieze the game i bought after serious starving as a kid just to own a dream Brick Game
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 07, 2017
GetMeRight:

I and majority of the 180 million Nigeria population would prefer that kind of "nasty backward country" to a shitty hell hole called Nigeria.
And I would prefer their ruling mullahs to our ruling megalomaniacs.
Saudi Arabia thought it was protecting its women and now that the world is proving them wrong, they are listening and making corrections. Can you say the same thing about your country and leaders.
[/s] Total balderdash.

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by nnokwa042(m): 8:43am On Oct 07, 2017
I hope Nigeria will cash in two by supplying naija made cars to Saudi women
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by mikool007(m): 8:47am On Oct 07, 2017
pinnket:
Nice gesture from Ford Company..

Lemme go and start my own protest too, that Firearms should be legalized in Nigeria for personal use, not just by Fulani herdesmen alone. Who knows what Kalashnikov company might give me undecided undecided
how do you even onow a gun company? if anything should happen. you'll be my prime suspect
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 8:47am On Oct 07, 2017
Daeylar:

Leave that one you just quoted he has no sense, he said that he and majority of Nigerians would prefer to be Saudi Arabians,
As bad as Nigeria Is at least the women's rights are better here and it's not an islamized country yet he says we would choose Saudi Arabia,
Do you agree,
I just noticed the nonsense he posted. He's on the deranged portion of the rather wide spectrum of human sanity. He needs quarantine.

By the way, this same Saudi Arabia was elected to UN's women right commission back in April, a country that didn't let it's women drive at that time
You do not need values and principles to gain the West's approval. As long as you comply and do not threaten their interests [which has NOTHING to do with values, morals and principles], you're good to go. That shouldn't be a surprise.

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 8:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Daeylar:

The gall he had, that country is something else
Did you see this news, A few days before Saudi lifted the ban on women driving, one of their leaders muslin leaders, Saudi clerk, whatever, Said that a woman has half a brain so shouldn't be allowed to drive, he also said they lose another half while shopping, so more reason they shouldn't drive.
Pathetic.
That's ISLAM for you! It is the most sexist and misogynistic of the three Abrahamic abominations.

The chances of women in Islamic countries winning rape cases are effectively zero. Islam tells us that the testimony of one man in court is worth that of TWO WOMEN. Way to go.

Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 07, 2017
nengibo:
Oya feminists attack!!!!
someone cannot play AM play with you guys again.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by ivolt: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2017
numerouno01:
since they have lifted the ban on female drivers, the number of mediocre drivers in Saudi roads will drastically increase grin...(na joke o).
anyways nice gesture from ford, twas a good business format.

[img]https://media./images/b79ed09bcac0d4a3e7fe60d5fca3f989/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Daeylar(f): 9:38am On Oct 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
That's ISLAM for you! It is the most sexist and misogynistic of the three Abrahamic abominations.

The chances of women in Islamic countries winning rape cases are effectively zero. Islam tells us that the testimony of one man in court is worth that of TWO WOMEN. Way to go.
They will soon come for you,
Its sad, see how the women go about there, covered to their eyes.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by Daeylar(f): 9:41am On Oct 07, 2017
AlmiqhteeAllah:
I just noticed the nonsense he posted. He's on the deranged portion of the rather wide spectrum of human sanity. He needs quarantine.

You do not need values and principles to gain the West's approval. As long as you comply and do not threaten their interests [which has NOTHING to do with values, morals and principles], you're good to go. That shouldn't be a surprise.

It actually was cry
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by khalilullaah(m): 9:52am On Oct 07, 2017
obafemee80:
[img]http:///a/img924/5613/30UYcu.png[/img]

Ford Middle East has offered a free mustang to a Saudi woman who fought for women’s rights to drive in the kingdom.

Sahar Nassif, 63, was an outspoken critic of Saudi Arabia’s driving laws, before the ban on women drivers was lifted last week.

In October 2013, Nassif was arrested by Saudi police in Jeddah for posting a video on Youtube of herself buckling up and driving around the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uspeXWcgwr0

Following the news of the royal decree issued by Saudi King Salman last week, Nassif told the BBC:

‘I’m really thrilled, everybody’s so thrilled – I’m so excited I don’t know what to do.  ‘I’m going to buy a Mustang!’

In a tweet to Nassif on Friday, Ford Middle East said:

"We'd like to give you your dream car," Ford Middle East tweeted to Nassif on Friday, followed hours later by "Your Mustang awaits" with the picture of a yellow car speeding through a tunnel and the hashtag #MustangSahar.

German car-maker Volkwagen in the Middle East joined the chorus of auto sellers applauding the Saudi driving decree, tweeting on Friday:

[img]http:///a/img922/6507/ltMkCq.png[/img]

Car-makers have rushed in to target Saudi women after the decision is expected to boost regional car sales by 28 per cent in the first seven months of 2017,   analysts at UK business intelligence firm IHS Markit said.

Nissan were also made a bid on twitter to cash in on potential buyers from the wealthy Gulf state, posting their congratulations to Saudi women, along with luxury auto companies Cadillac and Chevrolet.

Source: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/380119-ford-gives-saudi-activist-free-mustang
Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Daeylar:

It actually was cry

It is indeed what should aid women in case of an emergency.
Re: Ford Gives Saudi Women's Activist Her Dream Car As Car Makers Rush To Advtertise by shigishege: 10:16am On Oct 07, 2017
dljbd1:
can u also hear d trashy talk

If Nigerian Mechanics Were Medical Doctors / HELP: My Car Is Consuming Too Much Fuel. / Lagos Restricts Danfo Drivers To 8-Hrs Of Work

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50