Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,587 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years (15944 Views)

Sade Adu's transitioning Lesbian Daughter: Before & After Photos / Sade Adu Won Grammy Awards Four Times(photos) / Joseph Babatunde-Adu, 'Jab Adu', Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by cap28: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2010
sade was great back in the day, however i dont really regard her as a nigerian artist more a nigerian born artist - she left nigeria at the age of 4 following her parents divorce and was brought up in england by her white english mother and white grand parents - therefore to me she is more english than nigerian. also she tended to date white guys although her only child (a daughter) is with a black jamaican man. she was married briefly to a spanish guy but divorced him in 1995.

i liked her music back in the day though - havent listened to her most recent album but i wish her all the best as she seems quite down to earth and not desperate to be in the limelight like these other "celebrities" that we're lumbered with today.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by seunspice(m): 4:51pm On Mar 11, 2010
Lets see what she's got now, she used to be second to Michael Jackson for me in the 80s, her 'lovers rock' album (which i presume was her last' had just a hit and was even nominated for a grammy or so. If its by face though she's got it.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by goodieyar(f): 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2010
OMG!!! i can almost swear that i was just thinking about her yesterday and singing her song sweetest taboo, thank God she is back ooo.Maybe more sensible songs would return to our land now
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Carlosein(m): 5:25pm On Mar 11, 2010
this is one lady's music i can listen to all day and not get bored.

and her beauty, considering her age kiss kiss kiss
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2010
initiate:

she makes good music but the videos are poor,

as an entertainer she is a legend, with her music cutting across generations, age groups, in particular i love cherish the day it so captivating

has she been able to keep a stable relationship, does anyone know abt her personal life?

Sade like most Brits, is pretty secretive about her personal life. What I do know is she is the daughter of a white English mother and a black Nigerian father. She has an older brother. Sade was married before. That marriage ended in 1995 followed by her 1996 (to present??) relationship with a Jamaican producer with whom she has a now 13 year old daughter with.

lol ok i see CAP has already established what I just mentioned but oh well. cool

I have never listened to Sade to tell you the honest to God truth but my mother LOVES that woman.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by ifele(m): 7:17pm On Mar 11, 2010
Sada Adu is cool. She taught me how to love. When I was in love with this girl from high school I used to sing her songs.

Sade is GREAT.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by mamagee3(f): 7:22pm On Mar 11, 2010
tpia.:

shocked shocked

please stop embarassing us with your ignorance

if you dont know her then get off the thread.

Go and salivate over tuface- maybe you can become one of his baby mamas.
Get lost. . .
Stick to opening threads about mama-gee, Beaf and MrCrackles, Jobless being.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by MsTom(f): 7:23pm On Mar 11, 2010
cap28:

sade was great back in the day, however i dont really regard her as a nigerian artist more a nigerian born artist - she left nigeria at the age of 4 following her parents divorce and was brought up in england by her white english mother and white grand parents - therefore to me she is more english than nigerian. also she tended to date white guys although her only child (a daughter) is with a black jamaican man. she was married briefly to a spanish guy but divorced him in 1995.

i liked her music back in the day though - havent listened to her most recent album but i wish her all the best as she seems quite down to earth and not desperate to be in the limelight like these other "celebrities" that we're lumbered with today.

Dont mind nijas. they love to claim good things. Would I blame them, no. I do too.  grin
I have listened to her new album and its simply great. You'll love it if you listen to it too. She didnt disappoint me and am sure she wont disappoint you too.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Tolulop001(f): 9:03pm On Mar 11, 2010
luv luv luv her, rocking smooth operator right now, SHE'S THE BEST!!!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by touchmeder: 9:10pm On Mar 11, 2010
Good one her music are simply classic and that voice OMG,
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by breathless(m): 9:47pm On Mar 11, 2010
That`s one artist I`m waiting for 2 come play in 9ja. I know dat `ll come soon. Sade is truly a legend, who has carved a unique niche for herself in the music world. Her songs are simply just magical.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 10:31pm On Mar 11, 2010
mama-gee:

Get lost. . .
Stick to opening threads about mama-gee, Beaf and MrCrackles, Jobless being.

@mugu gee stop talking to your elders like. Where are your manners? Dont behave that brat again, ok. Just learn to appreciate the legends of our yester years of which Sade Adu(not Jennifer Lopez or Beyounce plz7) stands out along with many others
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by mamagee3(f): 12:44am On Mar 12, 2010
aze:

@mugu gee stop talking to your elders like. Where are your manners? Dont behave that brat again, ok. Just learn to appreciate the legends of our yester years of which Sade Adu(not Jennifer Lopez or Beyounce plz7) stands out along with many others
What were you doing when your English teacher was teaching you English in Ajabuote Community Primary School?
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 12, 2010
see mamagee attacking and fighting everybody on the thread because of Sade Adu.

na jealousy or what?

awon eyan lasan ti ba eyan rere je.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 12, 2010
And the walmart hootchie is trying to get her swagger back by calling others names again. Ain't nothing cool in you home girl just stick to opening threads about your fantasy for rappers and R'n'B artists. You don't know shit about Music just listening to music to be cool wak style of a no class hootchie.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 12, 2010
walmart hoochie? LMAO! I have to use that. thats a good one. to whom ever 9ja is talking about no offense but that was HILAIR!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by babylishus: 8:56am On Mar 12, 2010
See people, let's back off mama gee. After all, there are some people who don't know Pink Floyd, the Beatles and the Supremes (hope you know about them, mama gee. There is a rich music history out there you should research). grin

And mama gee- no need to get so defensive about it. What's wrong with a 'People, I really don't know much about this artiste, who is she?' wink

Kudos to those who tried to enlighten mama gee about this phenomenal artist and as for the rest of y'all getting insultive-, haba people, thats not the way to go. It's highly immature. angry

Mama gee: I don't know what generation you belong to but there is no way you could have been a kid in the 80s and not heard songs like sweetest taboo, is it a crime, and her last album came out in 2000 with the smash singles By your Side and King of Sorrow. All you have to do is google her to find out. She's one of the greatest black female vocalists out there- as a former poster said, the most successful British female singer.

If she's not your type of musician then so be it- we all have different tastes but please respect the fact that to some of us she is one of the greatest female soloists ever. Those titles didnt begin with Beyonce and co, they started with ladies like Sade, Diana Ross, Aretha Franklin and great women soloists like them.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 9:12am On Mar 12, 2010
cap28:

Whatever, she was born in a Nigerian city that makes her as Nigerian as Fela Kuti or any other Nigerian. Being raised in England doesn't make her Brit she is as Brit as other immigrants who naturalized in Britain. Get over it, She is Nigerian first Brit second cause she was born in Nigeria! She is of mixed heritage but she is Nigerian!!
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Rockie: 9:38am On Mar 12, 2010
Mama pee's first comment was so arrogant that it has hate tone in it. I mean she was like "who da hell is she?" and then saying that wasn't her in the picture. So much hatred for someone you can't touch even if she was standing 2 inches from you and she doesn't even know some egotistical slowpoke exist in cyberspace. If you didn't know her, instead of ask politely who she is, you were arrogant and silly about it as if not knowing her makes you cool or something . She watches TV and post of men she sees on TV here makes me wonder which music channel doesn't play Sade's songs.

grin grin grin grin

Ignoramus Mama piss
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 12, 2010
Are you ppl for real?
She sucks undecided
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by igboboy1(m): 11:19am On Mar 12, 2010
tpia.:

see mamagee attacking and fighting everybody on the thread because of Sade Adu.

na jealousy or what?

awon eyan lasan ti ba eyan rere je.

u you don com again, everybody jus dey communicate with english or pidgin . you go dey do side comment for yoruba, not everybody understands the language and from your previous posts i know u sabi pdigin

b4 u get into tribal bashing==aint got nothing against yoruba but it is kind of rude that you be letting off in a language you know not everybod can understand
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by kadman(m): 1:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
@ Mama Gee

Everyday you look more stupid on this forum . . Who the hell is Sade you ask ? Did you grow up in a cave ? You probably did,and still living there undecided

And others, nothing about age. I'm 24 and I and all my mates know who Sade is an copped her Soldier of Love album. I can't believe she did an interview,she's so reclused. . that's part of her charm !!

Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by kadman(m): 1:14pm On Mar 12, 2010
Her album cover i just posted is amazing. She has her back to it like she doesn't care,and it's sold more than a million copies less than a month.

babylishus:

See people, let's back off mama gee. After all, there are some people who don't know Pink Floyd, the Beatles and the Supremes (hope you know about them, mama gee. There is a rich music history out there you should research). grin

I love the scarscm in the highlighted, I can almost taste it LOL
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by enomakos(m): 2:10pm On Mar 12, 2010
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 12, 2010
mama-gee:

What were you doing when your English teacher was taughting you England in Ajabuote Commanity Primary Schol?
@mugu gee (sorry whats dat your American name again), WALTMART HOOTCHIE learn to be yourself. Ok. You need to grow up. You .,
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 4:09pm On Mar 12, 2010
igbo boy:

u you don com again, everybody jus dey communicate with english or pidgin . you go dey do side comment for yoruba, not everybody understands the language and from your previous posts i know u sabi pdigin

b4 u get into tribal bashing==aint got nothing against yoruba but it is kind of rude that you be letting off in a language you know not everybod can understand

take it easy.

i dont know the approximate translation of that phrase, so i posted it as is.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2010
9jaganja:

Whatever, she was born in a Nigerian city that makes her as Nigerian as Fela Kuti or any other Nigerian. Being raised in England doesn't make her Brit she is as Brit as other immigrants who naturalized in Britain. Get over it, She is Nigerian first Brit second cause she was born in Nigeria! She is of mixed heritage but she is Nigerian!!

In your dreams mate! grin

He mother is British! She was fully educated in Britain at the famed St Martin's College, her craft was honed in Britain and she backed by a British band. (Sade is not entirely a solo artist but also the name of the Band that backs her) She is known as British all around the world in all official capacities. I even doubt she has been to Nigeria since she left aged 4 and can speak yoruba let alone Pidgin like Fela. By the way Fela wasn't raised in Britain.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 5:18pm On Mar 12, 2010
A
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2010
No one is denying that she is Nigerian born and that is what is stated in her official biography but she is never ever referred to as a Nigerian artist but always as a British one. Nigeria didn't do anything for her. She wasn't educated there and neither did she start her career there. She is British through and through.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 5:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^Sade herself doesnt deny her Nigerian roots, anymore than Obama denies his Kenyan ones.

So let it go.

She is Nigerian and British- leave it at that.

Her mom didnt send you message oh.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by EloSela(f): 5:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
Na fight?

No one is denying her roots but she is known as British artist not a Nigerian one.
Re: Shade Adu Is Back After 10 Years by Nobody: 5:58pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^ you are fighting yourself over the matter.

she's both nigerian and british- that's a fact.

this isnt about anyone claiming anything. 

people dont have to deny their heritage just because you dont like nigeria.

search very hard and see if you can find any of her fans who dont know and acknowledge her nigerian background.

if she herself isnt denying her roots then what's your own?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Nairalander With Celebs At The Just Concluded Anambra Youth's Fiesta / Mercy Johnson Looking Fly On Set / AY Apologises To Tonto Dikeh Over His Daughter's 'high" Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.