Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 AM

Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered (21200 Views)

Does It Mean That All My Prayers Are Not Being Answered? / Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by aguiyi2: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2017
OP, certain things are beyond human comprehension. Are you now saying you see and talk to God to know his ways or are you just insinuating?.Just do what is right and leave the rest to God,no judge like a man's conscience.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by NSK4U(m): 10:20am On Oct 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

I stopped praying when I realised I was just talking to myself.
hahahaaaa......
guy u got me laughing here, I think sometimes I feel the same as you. praying and not hearing any voice in response makes me feel like a drunkard talking to oneself........
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by IkpemhiTG(m): 10:32am On Oct 08, 2017
Have the right in tensions..God already sees what you are up to

Seek his forgiveness... You have sinned consciously and unconsciously

Be grateful to your Lord...God could have taken your life or tie u down with a sickness

Praise his name a lot...He loves to be praised

Finally don't be greedy.Be a good business man.keep to the rules when you ask.don't play smart you know whstvGodvwant from you

1 Like

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by orunto27: 10:33am On Oct 08, 2017
Our Prayers are answered to please God.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 08, 2017
iliyande:
The devil's strategy in deceiving believers is to make them doubt the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. Satan would have us believe God has shut His ears to our cry and left us to work things out for ourselves.

A Few Encouragements and Warnings Concerning Prayer.
When You Are Down, and Satan Whispers In Your Ear That God Has Forgotten You, Stop His Mouth With This:

"Devil - it is not God who has forgotten, but it is me. I've forgotten all His past blessings, or else I could not now be questioning his faithfulness."

Here are some good reasons God may not be answering your prayers.

Unforgiveness

Maybe God isn’t answering your prayer or prayers because you hold a grudge against someone who has hurt you. If you’ve not forgiven them, then you have an obstacle between you and God. Jesus once addressed this situation when He said “whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses” (Mark 11:25), so “if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses” (Matt 6:15).

Christ will not even communicate with a wrangling, jangling, unforgiving person. God's law of prayer is clear on this matter, "Lift up pure hands without wrath or doubting" (1 Timothy 2:cool. By not forgiving the sins committed against us, we make it impossible for God to forgive and bless us. He instructed us to pray, "Forgive us, as we forgive others."

Sinfulness

The psalmist nails this down nicely by writing,“If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened” (Psalm 66:18), because “If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination” (Prov 28:9). Even further, Isaiah wrote, “When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood” (Isaiah 1:15). This last verse was written to Judah, however the same principle applies that if we are living in sin, God will not answer our prayers.

Wrong Request

James tells us that “You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions” (James 4:3). I heard one man say that he was playing the lottery and praying to God to make him the winner so that he could help the poor in his community, but does God really need to use someone’s gambling winnings to help the poor? Doesn’t God own the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:1)? Why would he answer a prayer for someone trying to do something that He can do Himself? God may not answer our prayers if our heart’s not right with Him and we’re asking for the wrong reasons. God will not give us something that will hurt us.
Home Toggle navigation

The devil's final strategy in deceiving believers is to make them doubt the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. Satan would have us believe God has shut His ears to our cry and left us to work things out for ourselves.

I believe the greatest tragedy in the church of Jesus Christ today is that so few now believe in the power and effectiveness of prayer. Without meaning to blaspheme, multitudes of God's people can now be heard complaining, "I pray, but I get no answers. I've prayed so long, so hard, without any results. All I want is to see a little evidence of God changing things. Things go on as usual - nothing happens. How long must I wait?" They no longer visit the secret closet because they are convinced that their petitions, born in prayer, are somewhere miscarried at the throne. Others are convinced that only Daniel, David, and Elijah types can get their prayers through to God.

Let us be careful not to charge God, as did Job, with being slothful; and unconcerned about our needs and petitions. Job complained, "I cry unto thee and thou dost not hear me; I stand up, and though regardest me not" (Job 30:20).

His vision of God's faithfulness was clouded by his present difficulties, and he ended up accusing God of forgetting him. God rebuked him soundly for it.

Asking Not According to God's Will.

We are not at liberty to pray at random for whatever our selfish minds conceive. We are not permitted to come into his presence and vent our silly notions and mindless ramblings. If God signed all our petitions without discretion, He would end up giving His glory away.

There is a law of prayer! It is a law meant to weed out beggarly, self-centered prayers - while, at the same time, making it possible for honest seekers to ask in confidence. In other words, we can pray for whatsoever we will, as long as it is his will.

"If we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us" (1 John 5:14).

The disciples were not praying according to God's will when they prayed with vindictiveness and revenge. They petitioned God thusly, "Shall we command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" Jesus answered, "You do not know what manner of spirit you are of" (Luke 9:54, 55).

Job, in his sorrow, begged God to take his life away. What if God had answered such a prayer? Such praying was contrary to the will of God. The Word warns, "Let not thy lip be hasty to utter a matter before the Lord."

Daniel prayed the right way. First, he went to the Scriptures and searched out the mind of God. Having gotten clear direction, and sure of God's will, he runs to God's throne with a mighty assurance. "And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer" (Daniel 9:3).

We know too much about what we want and too little about what He wants.

Our Prayers Can Be Aborted When They Are Designed to Fulfill an Inner Lust, Dreams, or Illusions.
"Ye ask and receive not because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lust" (James 4:3).

God will answer no prayer that would add to our honor or assist our temptations. In the first place, God answers no prayer of a person who harbors lust in his or her heart. All answers are dependent on upon the plucking out of our hearts the evil, the lust, and the besetting sins.

"If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me" (Psalm 66:18).

The test of knowing whether or not our request is based on lust is very simple. How we handle delays and denials is the clue. Prayers founded on lust demand hasty answers. If the lusting heart does not get the thing desired, quickly, it whimpers and cries, it swoons and faints - or it breaks out in a spell of murmuring and complaining, finally accusing God of deafness.

Wherefore have we fasted, say they, and thou seest not" (Isaiah 58:3).

The lustful heart cannot see God's glory in His denials and delays. Yet did God not get more glory by denying Christ's prayer to save His life, if possible, from death? Shudder to think of where we would be today had God not denied that request.

God, in His justice, is obligated to delay or deny our prayers until they are purged of all selfishness and lust.

Could it be there is one simple reason why most of our prayers are hindered? Could it be a result of our ongoing flirtation with a lust or besetting sin? Have we forgotten that only those with clean hands and pure hearts can set their feet on His holy hill? Only a total forsaking of a pet sin will throw open the gates of heaven and unclog the blessings.

Instead of yielding, we run from counselor to counselor - trying to find help to cope with despair, emptiness, and restlessness. Yet, it is all in vain because sin and lust have not yet been plucked out. Sin is the root of all our problems. Peace comes only when we surrender and forsake all lust and secret sin.

Our Prayers Can Be Denied When We Show No Diligence to Assist God in the Answer.

We go to God as if He were a kind of rich relative who will support us and give us all we beg for, while we lift not even a hand to help. We lift our hands to God in prayer, then put them in our pockets.

We expect our prayers to get God to working for us, while we sit idly by, thinking to ourselves, "He has all the power; I have none, so I will simply stand still and let him do the work."

It sounds like good theology, but it is not. God will have no idle beggars at His door. God won't even allow us to be charitable to those who on earth refuse to work.

We cannot go about all day long giving in to our lust and evil desires, then run into the secret closet at night to pray for a miracle of deliverance.

Secret sin causes us to lose ground with God in prayer, because unyielded sin is actually siding with the devil. One of God's names is "Revealer of Secrets" (Daniel 2:47). He must bring to light the hidden secrets of darkness, no matter how saintly the one who tries to hide it. The more pains one goes to in hiding sin, the surer God is to expose it. The coast is never clear to secret sin.

"Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance" (Psalm 90:cool.

God will protect his own honor above the reputation of those who sin in secret. God exposed David's sin in order to keep His own honor before ungodly men. And David, who was so jealous of his own good name and reputation, even today stands before our eyes exposed and still confessing - every time we read about him in the Scripture.

No - God will not allow us to drink from stolen waters, then attempt to drink at His holy fountain. Not only will our secret sin find us out, it will deny us God's best and bring on a flood of despair, doubt, and fear.

Don't blame God for not listening to your prayers if you're not listening to His call to obedience. You will end up blaspheming God and accusing Him of negligence, while all along you'll be the culprit.

Our Prayers Can Be Aborted by Not Expecting Much to Come of Them.

He who expects little from prayer will not have much power and authority in prayer. When we question the power of prayer, we lose it. The devil is trying to rob us of hope by making it appear that prayer is no longer effective.

How clever Satan is, as he tries to deceive us with lies and unnecessary fears. When Isaac was brought the false news that Joseph had been killed, it sickened him to despair, even though it was a lie. Joseph was alive and prospering, while all this time his father grieved in sorrow - having believed the lie. So Satan is trying to deceive us today with lies.

Unbelieving fears rob the believer of joy and confidence in God. God does not hear all prayer - He hears only believing prayer. Prayer is the only weapon we have against all the fiery darkness of the enemy. That weapon must be used in great confidence, or else we have no other defense against Satan's lies. Gods' reputation is at stake.

Our lack of patience is proof enough we don't expect much from prayer. We leave the secret closet of prayer, ready to go on muddling our way through - and we would even be shocked if God did answer.

We think God has not heard us because we see no evidence of an answer. But of this you can be sure - the longer a prayer is delayed, the more perfect it will come forth at last. Also, the deeper the silence, the louder the answer.

Abraham prayed for a child, and God answered. Yet, how many years went by before he held that child in his arms? Every faithful prayer is heard the moment it is prayed, but God chooses to answer in His own way and in His own time. Meanwhile, God expects us to rejoice in the naked promises and feast on hope while we wait for the fulfillment. Also, he wraps His denials in the sweet package of love, to prevent us from falling into despair.

We Attempt to Prescribe How God Should Answer.

The only person we lay down terms to is the one we don't trust. Those we trust we leave to themselves to do what is right. It all boils down to a lack of trust.

The believing soul, after he has unburdened his heart in prayer to the Lord, resigns himself to the faithfulness, goodness, and wisdom of God. The true believer will leave the shaping of the answer to God's mercy. Whatever way God chooses to answer, the believer will welcome it.

David prayed diligently for his household, and then committed all to God's covenant - "Though my house be not so with God, yet He hath made with me a covenant" (2 Samuel 23:5).

Those who prescribe to God how and when to answer actually limit the Holy one of Israel. Since God will not bring the answer in the front door, they are not aware of His coming in the back. They trust only in conclusions and not promises. But God will not be bound up to time, manner, or means of answering. He will forever do exceedingly, abundantly more than we ask or think of asking. He will answer with health, or grace that is better than health. He will send love, or something beyond it. He will deliver, or do something even greater.

He desires that we simply leave our requests lodged in His powerful arms, cast all our care upon Him, and go forth with peace and serenity to wait His relief. How tragic to have so great a God and so little faith in Him.

No more of "Is He able?" Away with such blasphemy! How that must grate on the ears of our almighty God. "Can He pardon? Can He heal? Can He work a work for me?" Away with such unbelief! Come, rather, to him "as unto a faithful Creator." When Hannah prayed through in faith, she "rose from her knees to eat, and her countenance was no more sad."

You see, faith should have a good memory. Our rash and hasty words are results of our forgetting His past benefits. With David, we should pray:

"This is my infirmity, but I will remember the years of the right hand of the Most High, I will remember the works of the Lord, surely I will remember Thy wonders of old." (Psalm 77:10,11).

Conclusion

We alone are the losers if we do not get back to watching and praying. We become cold, sensuous, and playful when we avoid the secret closet of prayer. What a sad awakening there will be for those who carelessly harbor secret grudges against the Lord for not answering their prayers, when all along they have been slothful. We have not been effectual and fervent. We have not shut ourselves in with Him. We have not put aside our besetting sins. We have asked mostly to consume it on our own lust. We have been materialistic, lazy, unbelieving, doubtful - and then we wonder why our prayers are not answered.

When Christ returns, He will not find faith on the earth, unless we get back into the secret closet, shut in with Christ and His Word.

Time is short; the day of the Lord is at hand. Should we not then be watching and praying?

I don't know wen u will notice that 99.99% of ur prayers since birth haven't been answered.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by omoiyalayi(m): 11:06am On Oct 08, 2017
truth4u:
You lied.....some people are just lucky, favored or whatever you call it while others are disdained, hated, unlucky and unfavored... Perhaps, even retribution from people past lives are unable to explain while some are favored and others unfavored.....

You people should stop deceiving people with all these Christian bla bla bla

Your moniker couldn't speak for you "truth4u"
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by agarawu23(m): 11:20am On Oct 08, 2017
When u carry bad things for mind and u expect God to answer ur prayers angry

You can only request something from God with pure mind.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Johnpsite: 11:27am On Oct 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Even God the Almighty no fit answer every prayer now.

Prayer is just spiritual lottery. grin

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by sweetilicious(f): 11:56am On Oct 08, 2017
Am keeping this
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by blackbeau1(f): 12:03pm On Oct 08, 2017
Something confuses me tho. When we say you must ask according to God's will, what do we make of the bible passage that says 'IF U ASK ANYTHING IN MY NAME, I WILL DO IT FOR YOU.'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by blackbeau1(f): 12:04pm On Oct 08, 2017
agarawu23:
When u carry bad things for mind and u expect God to answer ur prayers angry

You can only request something from God with pure mind.
not true tho. I'm a practical example of this
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Wolexdey(m): 12:24pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thanks much for the write up.
Remain Bless IN THE LORD

1 Like

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by agarawu23(m): 12:29pm On Oct 08, 2017
blackbeau1:
not true tho. I'm a practical example of this
hmmmm...u sure?
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Affable200(m): 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
Nice encouragement

1 Like

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by prewtyjulie(f): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
thanks, may God reward u for uplifting my heart to Him

1 Like

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by blackbeau1(f): 1:46pm On Oct 08, 2017
agarawu23:
hmmmm...u sure?
very. I'd be dead by now if this was completely true. The thing we have to understand is that God works in very mysterious ways.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Figger(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
What about people who don't pray, who dont see the need to pray, who don't regard prayers, who brags and are so full of themselves, yet they keep prospering. How do you explain that?

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by AfonjaConehead: 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
iliyande:
The devil's strategy in deceiving believers is to make them doubt the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. Satan would have us believe God has shut His ears to our cry and left us to work things out for ourselves.

A Few Encouragements and Warnings Concerning Prayer.
When You Are Down, and Satan Whispers In Your Ear That God Has Forgotten You, Stop His Mouth With This:

"Devil - it is not God who has forgotten, but it is me. I've forgotten all His past blessings, or else I could not now be questioning his faithfulness."

Here are some good reasons God may not be answering your prayers.

Unforgiveness

Maybe God isn’t answering your prayer or prayers because you hold a grudge against someone who has hurt you. If you’ve not forgiven them, then you have an obstacle between you and God. Jesus once addressed this situation when He said “whenever you stand praying, forgive, if you have anything against anyone, so that your Father also who is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses” (Mark 11:25), so “if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses” (Matt 6:15).

Christ will not even communicate with a wrangling, jangling, unforgiving person. God's law of prayer is clear on this matter, "Lift up pure hands without wrath or doubting" (1 Timothy 2:cool. By not forgiving the sins committed against us, we make it impossible for God to forgive and bless us. He instructed us to pray, "Forgive us, as we forgive others."

Sinfulness

The psalmist nails this down nicely by writing,“If I had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened” (Psalm 66:18), because “If one turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer is an abomination” (Prov 28:9). Even further, Isaiah wrote, “When you spread out your hands, I will hide my eyes from you; even though you make many prayers, I will not listen; your hands are full of blood” (Isaiah 1:15). This last verse was written to Judah, however the same principle applies that if we are living in sin, God will not answer our prayers.

Wrong Request

James tells us that “You ask and do not receive, because you ask wrongly, to spend it on your passions” (James 4:3). I heard one man say that he was playing the lottery and praying to God to make him the winner so that he could help the poor in his community, but does God really need to use someone’s gambling winnings to help the poor? Doesn’t God own the cattle on a thousand hills (Psalm 50:1)? Why would he answer a prayer for someone trying to do something that He can do Himself? God may not answer our prayers if our heart’s not right with Him and we’re asking for the wrong reasons. God will not give us something that will hurt us.
Home Toggle navigation

The devil's final strategy in deceiving believers is to make them doubt the faithfulness of God in answering prayer. Satan would have us believe God has shut His ears to our cry and left us to work things out for ourselves.

I believe the greatest tragedy in the church of Jesus Christ today is that so few now believe in the power and effectiveness of prayer. Without meaning to blaspheme, multitudes of God's people can now be heard complaining, "I pray, but I get no answers. I've prayed so long, so hard, without any results. All I want is to see a little evidence of God changing things. Things go on as usual - nothing happens. How long must I wait?" They no longer visit the secret closet because they are convinced that their petitions, born in prayer, are somewhere miscarried at the throne. Others are convinced that only Daniel, David, and Elijah types can get their prayers through to God.

Let us be careful not to charge God, as did Job, with being slothful; and unconcerned about our needs and petitions. Job complained, "I cry unto thee and thou dost not hear me; I stand up, and though regardest me not" (Job 30:20).

His vision of God's faithfulness was clouded by his present difficulties, and he ended up accusing God of forgetting him. God rebuked him soundly for it.

Asking Not According to God's Will.

We are not at liberty to pray at random for whatever our selfish minds conceive. We are not permitted to come into his presence and vent our silly notions and mindless ramblings. If God signed all our petitions without discretion, He would end up giving His glory away.

There is a law of prayer! It is a law meant to weed out beggarly, self-centered prayers - while, at the same time, making it possible for honest seekers to ask in confidence. In other words, we can pray for whatsoever we will, as long as it is his will.

"If we ask anything according to His will, He heareth us" (1 John 5:14).

The disciples were not praying according to God's will when they prayed with vindictiveness and revenge. They petitioned God thusly, "Shall we command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?" Jesus answered, "You do not know
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Rolandken(m): 3:35pm On Oct 08, 2017
Thank you op. I was extremely blessed.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by ifenes(m): 3:45pm On Oct 08, 2017
Because you expect a particular answer.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by bloodofthelamb(m): 3:50pm On Oct 08, 2017
I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS SOMETHING THAT I CAN ASK GOD THAT HE HAS NOT YET GIVING ME THROUGH CHRIST JESUS MY LORD...WHY SHOULD I ASK GOD FOR WHAT I ALREADY HAVE IN AND THROUGH CHRIST JESUS? MY PRAYER IS MORE OF THANKSGIVING IN MEDITATION.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by no1madman(m): 5:05pm On Oct 08, 2017
Dis

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Princewell2012(m): 5:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
Pearllait:

MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR ADDING THIS TO IT. MAY HE ALSO GRANT US HIS DIVINE MERCIES, DIVINE WISDOM AND THE SPIRIT OF DISCERNMENT. LASTLY, MAY HE TEACH US HOW TO PRAY RIGHTLY AND TO SERVE HIM WITH COMPLETE DEVOTION. AMEN
HAPPY SUNDAY

Yes honesty when i read that line, i was like wow, motive is everything. He nailed it on the head. Happy Sunday.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by xangerar: 5:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

That guy looks hideous. A Nigerian politician?

Babangida Aliyu, Talban Minna
Governor of Niger State(2007 - 2015)
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by sonofluc1fer: 5:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
xangerar:

Babangida Aliyu, Talban Minna
Governor of Niger State(2007 - 2015)
Thanks.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by willizaxx(m): 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2017
Things to have in mind praying
1. Mathew 6 from verse 5 down
2.don't repeat words over and over again
3. Thank God for life make his name be sanctified
4.pray let his kingdom come.
5.pray what is in accordance with his will(not thunder fire your enemy or let your enemy die )
6.let him help to do his will
7.last but not the least,,walk towards your prayer and have strong faith, always call his real name while praying(Jehovah)

1 Like

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Tchiman(m): 8:19pm On Oct 08, 2017
einsteino:

lol so our motive of acquiring wealth should be to advance churches and invariably profit the likes of Johnson suleiman? Only a rare breed of gullibility would make someone accept such stupidity! which church is bill gates funding? if your hypothesis has any substance, showoffs like Mayweather should be a pauper yet he keeps making more money.

Put in your very best, work hard, use your brain and key in to areas of your competitive advantage. God rewards efforts not tithes or funding some non charitable churches. Mind you, a huge percentage of people who flock to churches in search of prosperity would die poor but pastors never lack as these folks keep funding them in the hope of a breakthrough. so if u really want to prosper, become a pastor or focus on your hustle.

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Tchiman(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2017
einsteino:

lol so our motive of acquiring wealth should be to advance churches and invariably profit the likes of Johnson suleiman? Only a rare breed of gullibility would make someone accept such stupidity! which church is bill gates funding? if your hypothesis has any substance, showoffs like Mayweather should be a pauper yet he keeps making more money.

Put in your very best, work hard, use your brain and key in to areas of your competitive advantage. God rewards efforts not tithes or funding some non charitable churches. Mind you, a huge percentage of people who flock to churches in search of prosperity would die poor but pastors never lack as these folks keep funding them in the hope of a breakthrough. so if u really want to prosper, become a pastor or focus on your hustle.

Hello bro your hard work amounts to nothing if you do not have God factor behind it......I hear you call Bill Gates and Mayweather as being rich and showing it off....but the question is are not working hard yourself?....why are you not S rich as them?....the scripture record that the race is not for the swift neither is the battle for the strong but it only God that shows mercy to whom He pleases!!....So your hard work counts for nothing if God is not please with you dear...

Take for instance, the rich fool In the Bible had it all and therefore said to himself "my soul make merry for you have ample of goods for years " but that same night God demanded for his soul....He thought it was only his hard work that gave him wealth and therefore forgetting the place of God in his life....He has wealth but he forgot God who actually made it possible....thus he lost his soul...

It is not riches alone, even in our other circumstances, if we do not first glorify God, then we are not yet ready for our prayers to be answered.. .Because in all situations, we should always praise God...

Hannah in the Bible was looking for a child....initially just to prove to people and peninnah,her co-wife that he is not a barren woman....but that was not enough to provoke God into action....
Not until she went to shiloh and promised God that if God should give her a child she will give the child back to God(i.e for the advancement of the God's Kingdom on earth)...that was when she had Samuel....So it was until her MOTIVE shifts from trying to proving to people she is not barren to telling God that her child will serve God that was when she got her miracle.....

Note: Anything one does in life and it does not first glorify God, usually do produce result and if at all it produces result, it will take something else from you....It is only the blessings of God that maketh a man rich and adds no sorrow!!

1 Like

Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by Iwaycee(m): 8:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
truth4u:
You lied.....some people are just lucky, favored or whatever you call it while others are disdained, hated, unlucky and unfavored... Perhaps, even retribution from people past lives are unable to explain while some are favored and others unfavored.....

You people should stop deceiving people with all these Christian bla bla bla

If u don't believe in Christianity, den shut ur f.. king mouth, why discouraging others
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by SpeedndAccuracy(m): 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2017
Faith... nothing else but faith.
Most of the time, what we call faith is hope.
Re: Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered by lonelydora: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2017
shurley22:
Truee....although I've come to realise there are some things you don't need to pray for before having them, that I believe, is Favour

Undeniable favour

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians In UK Engage In Praise And Worship On The Street Of Cannock (video) / Becky And Paul Enenche Celebrate Christmas With Widows, Orphans, Others / What's Your Favorite Name For God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.